Serg's Tank Guide 1: Indien Panzer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SergPotato #1 Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6895 battles

Hello, and I'm SergPotato, this is my first guide on the Serg's Tank Guide series, and hope you will enjoy it! Today, the first guide will be the Indien Panzer, one of my favorite Tier VIII Medium Vehicles! 

The Indien Panzer is a prototype tank designed by Daimler-Benz and Porsche as a tank for the Indian Army, that's why the vehicle was designated, "Indien" Panzer. This vehicle was designed in the 1950's by post-war Germany designers in Switzerland and was supposed to build it in India. Unfortunately for India, they did not have factories to cast such large parts, so the project was cancelled, but the Swiss Army had the predecessor vehicle called the Swiss Panzer 61 / 58.

Now to the main point, the Indien-Panzer is the least used amount of vehicle in the Tier VIII Mediums with the lowest 140-150 battles per player. Although, this vehicles has the second highest win rate and survivability rate. Having the highest kills/btl of 0.93 and 1.52 K/D Ratio. Below, I will show you the specifications and armor of this vehicle.

Armor (Warning: This is only when you shoot it directly; No Angling.)

Spoiler

Modules (Direct Hit)

Spoiler

Tech Tree:

Spoiler

Tips and Tricks to Driving This:

The Indien-Panzer is very manoeuvrable and this vehicle have a 50 km/h top speed which is good for an Tier VIII Medium, but on soft ground, this vehicle can only move 30 - 35km/h, but still it's fast enough to move from flank to flank, battlefield to battlefield. Although this vehicles lacks a lot of armor, it risks its' life having the accurate and stable 9cm Bordkanoen. The Indien-Panzer would be very effective to use for spotting, flanking and hit and run tactics. Having the 9cm gun, you have no need to have APCR because this gun can penetrate most vehicles in from Tier 6-9 from front, but because this is a flanking vehicle no need! Keep in mind that you want to rely on the reload and pen. 

Not Like Other Mediums!

Different to other Tier VIII mediums, this vehicle lacks the most amount of armor against T-44, Pershing. Super Pershing, Centurion, and Panther II. This cannot be used for ramming, angling, side scraping or hull down. This tank negatives all of them, so that's why most players don't use them, but if they do they see that this vehicle is superior of all.

!Ammunition!

Spoiler

The Do And Don't of Porsche's Car

The Do's

1.) Always Flank, use your speed as the main agility of combat, if you are top tier, flanking and spot/shoot is the main part. 

2.) Free Xp to the 9cm Bordkanoen, you will scream trying to grind using the 8.8 KwK. Also save some free xp for the 10cm gun when you reach the Leo Pt A. When searching this vehicle start form the gun, engine then tracks. The gun is very important to survive the speed without the new engine and tracks are fine deal with it :izmena:

3.) When you meet vehicles a higher tier than yours, wait for reinforcements of hide and run. Keep them in your spot so your allies can make an ambush or suprise attack.

The Don't Plz's

1.) Never stay in front line combat, even a Tier 6 can penetrate your armor making you a punching bag. You can peek a boom, but risking it would be hard.

2.) When you meet vehicles a higher tier than yours, never engage them. You don't know if they are hiding, or in a horde, making an ambush!

Thanks And Enjoy Driving the Indien Panzer! I hope to see more of the Leo drivers soon!

Proud member of the 501st Clan [501st Reserve] <(owo)

Blitz Blog : BlitzWithSerg

SergPotato #2 Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6895 battles
If Any Errors please PM or Reply instantly! Tell me if you know any info about the modules for Engine, Ammo Rack, and Fuel

Proud member of the 501st Clan [501st Reserve] <(owo)

Blitz Blog : BlitzWithSerg

WGPorscheSpyder #3 Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11860 battles
  • [III-Z]
Good writeup! I'm working on that line right now (currently with the 30.01 D and lovin' it) and have been looking forward to getting the Indien. I've noticed that I rarely see them, but i had kept hearing that it was a pretty good tank for its tier. I'll definitely start saving free XP for that top gun! :)

"Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember, nothing is true. Where other men are limited by mortality or law, remember, everything is permitted. We work in the dark to serve the light. Nusquam Est Verus Sulum Res Est Licitus."

Alpha Tester for World of Tanks: Generals mobile

DieselLivesMatter #4 Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10574 battles
  • [OLD_G]
Nice one serg!! Indien pz is amazing med , it's pretty awesome the things it's capable of. Got my first ace with it too 

cl1nt_B3astWood #5 Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6944 battles
  • [ABA]
The Indien actaully has great hull armor, I've bounced many Teir 8 and 9 tank shots and even a T95 once. It wasn't even at a extreme angle either, and I have used sidescraping to devastating effect on port. The L/71 is definitely a good stock gun, the 90MM is only a minor upgrade stats wise. However, the engine does not have a lot of grunt compared to the T-44, but it is a very good guide (mine is better though :trollface:).
Say what again! I dare you, I double dare you, say what again!

BlackHorizon__ #6 Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12270 battles
it's off topic, but does anyone know if ping rate is important if the green light is on?  Do different tanks need different rates to perform optimally?

DieselLivesMatter #7 Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10574 battles
  • [OLD_G]

Green is good. Red is bad

cl1nt_B3astWood #8 Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6944 battles
  • [ABA]

View PostBlackHorizon__, on 04 July 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

it's off topic, but does anyone know if ping rate is important if the green light is on?  Do different tanks need different rates to perform optimally?

No, Ping just effects lag, the lower your ping, the better.
Say what again! I dare you, I double dare you, say what again!

Blitz_6834 #9 Posted 04 November 2020 - 11:11 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1919 battles
  • [SEEK]

I played the indien panzer a lot since im grinding for the leopard pt a but i get a lot of bounces and blocks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users