Coated Opyics + Binoculars = Cancel Each Other?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Masteel_1 #1 Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:13 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9711 battles
I don't have any way to test this theory unfortunately. However, I had this on my Leo 1 and I swear, I could not only not spot the enemy, they were spotting me first. I feel like that would only happen such a large amount of the time, is if those two (I know they don't stack, that's not what I'm saying) is if those two items somehow cancel each other out. I had camo too. That, added to my camo crew skill, should have let me get the first look most of the time. But it didn't happen any of the time. It would be great if someone from WG could look into this and get back to me. Just test it, please. WG, not a player, a player doesn't have the resources to be able to test it that WG does. To be clear. I've gone ahead with a different set up now, as I do believe that one is broken. 

Tier X: T-62, Leopard 1    Tier IX:  IS8, Cent 7/1, T-54.  

“You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.  You are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world." 

-Tyler Durden.                                                                                                                      (Chuck PalahniukFight Club)

concep #2 Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:23 AM

Stop Tunneling Me

• Players
  • 34947 battles
Well first off, why are you running coated optics AND binocs? One or the other. As for you 'issues', I see no problem in the Leopard's camo rating. It's a fairly large tank but I seem to do pretty well with my camo skill, unless you mean camo net and then I have to say why the hell are you playing a Leopard? The Leopard is not a sniping tank, it's a support tank. Either scout and dish out a couple shots in the start then fall back or dish out some damage from afar then move in for the kill.

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!

_Tenshi #3 Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18107 battles
  • [RBLN]
Both Binocular and Coated optics do not stack to each other. Instead, they switches from one to another. For example, your optics will remain active, until you stays stationary for estimately more than 3 seconds. From there, Binocular will override it instead.

- Stats? Don't be lazy and take a look see here! -

Droidekool #4 Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26556 battles
  • [RBLN]

View Postchowpow531, on 05 July 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Both Binocular and Coated optics do not stack to each other. Instead, they switches from one to another. For example, your optics will remain active, until you stays stationary for estimately more than 3 seconds. From there, Binocular will override it instead.

This. 

Tier X: E100, Jadgpanzer E100, E50M, T110E5, T110E3, IS7, Object 268

Tier IX: E 75, E 50, M 103, IS 8, Jagdtiger, Object 704T95

Premium Tank: Tankenstein, Jadgpanther

Masteel_1 #5 Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:52 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9711 battles

View Post_Kon, on 04 July 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Well first off, why are you running coated optics AND binocs? One or the other. As for you 'issues', I see no problem in the Leopard's camo rating. It's a fairly large tank but I seem to do pretty well with my camo skill, unless you mean camo net and then I have to say why the hell are you playing a Leopard? The Leopard is not a sniping tank, it's a support tank. Either scout and dish out a couple shots in the start then fall back or dish out some damage from afar then move in for the kill.

First off, none of your derisive comments were related to my post. Secondly, I'll play it however I darn well please, so bug off, Troll. 

View Postchowpow531, on 04 July 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

Thank you for trying to help. However, as I said, this wasn't a stacking question or concern. My original concern outlined in the post is still there for WG to take a look at if they would. 

“You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.  You are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world." 

-Tyler Durden.                                                                                                                      (Chuck PalahniukFight Club)

concep #6 Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

Stop Tunneling Me

• Players
  • 34947 battles

View PostMasteel_1, on 05 July 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

First off, none of your derisive comments were related to my post. Secondly, I'll play it however I darn well please, so bug off, Troll. 

Thank you for trying to help. However, as I said, this wasn't a stacking question or concern. My original concern outlined in the post is still there for WG to take a look at if they would. 

13100 battles, 71.53% WR, Commander of KRIEG, and now the forums' biggest troll! Who would've guessed?

I did have a large response for you but I thought this would be better because it's not so "derisive", enjoy.

But seriously, I'm not trolling, I'm giving my honest opinion. As for testing it, Wargaming can't test like players can. Us players have a far greater chance of finding bugs than Wargaming does because we play far more than they do.

Edited by _Kon, 05 July 2015 - 11:52 AM.

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!

Rev_ianc_bell #7 Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28843 battles
  • [PRD]

View PostMasteel_1, on 04 July 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

I don't have any way to test this theory unfortunately. However, I had this on my Leo 1 and I swear, I could not only not spot the enemy, they were spotting me first. I feel like that would only happen such a large amount of the time, is if those two (I know they don't stack, that's not what I'm saying) is if those two items somehow cancel each other out. I had camo too. That, added to my camo crew skill, should have let me get the first look most of the time. But it didn't happen any of the time. It would be great if someone from WG could look into this and get back to me. Just test it, please. WG, not a player, a player doesn't have the resources to be able to test it that WG does. To be clear. I've gone ahead with a different set up now, as I do believe that one is broken. 

This seems implausible. Also I believe I have done this with some light tanks when I was a bit less experienced and didn't have any problems but some things to keep in mind: Camo net and binocs don't work when you are on the move so a stationary opponent with binocs and camo net will see you first even with your camo skill maxed. No bugs necessary .

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

Psyberius #8 Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

View Postchowpow531, on 04 July 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

This. You get the benefit of Coated Optics on the move and Binoculars when still for a short time but not both simultaneously. Also note that the Leopard does have a pretty good camo rating but not like a T-54 or a StuG III or something. Plus there are tanks with very good view range such as the Pattons. So a tank with superior view range and possibly running view range enhancing gear will spot you first. Seems like you're experiencing the results of these factors. Doesn't seem like a bug to me. Just my 2¢. 

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Masteel_1 #9 Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9711 battles

View Post_Kon, on 04 July 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

why the hell are you playing a Leopard? 

Oh no, you're not trolling with this at all. You are such a great brand for WG. You do represent their player base very well. I can just see CC_Sly making this comment. It's really apropo that you have now been given their brand to go along with your "help" you didn't even bother to read my comment, because nothing in your first post said anything about my comment. All it did was question what I was doing with my Leopard, in a very unconstructive manner. But, you were deemed a good representative for the WG Brand, so who am I to question?

As to this post below, your win rate has nothing to do with your attitude, which is seriously lacking. Your opinion wasn't asked for on the "help" you decided to oh so elegantly "opine"

And, no, WG can go into the code and test this question easily, on a closed server, with as many, or as few, other tanks as they choose, and all the while they won't be being shot at. I don't think you understand the possible bug I am talking about, or you wouldn't have said that.

Yes, you are a troll. Troll like behavior = troll. You won't own up to it, if you did, it would just be a mistake, and then you aren't a troll. But you defend your comments, so troll it is. The officially endorsed WG Troll 

View Post_Kon, on 05 July 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

13100 battles, 71.53% WR, Commander of KRIEG, and now the forums' biggest troll! Who would've guessed?

I did have a large response for you but I thought this would be better because it's not so "derisive", enjoy.

But seriously, I'm not trolling, I'm giving my honest opinion. As for testing it, Wargaming can't test like players can. Us players have a far greater chance of finding bugs than Wargaming does because we play far more than they do.

Masteel_1 #10 Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9711 battles

View PostPsyberius, on 05 July 2015 - 03:48 AM, said:

This. You get the benefit of Coated Optics on the move and Binoculars when still for a short time but not both simultaneously. Also note that the Leopard does have a pretty good camo rating but not like a T-54 or a StuG III or something. Plus there are tanks with very good view range such as the Pattons. So a tank with superior view range and possibly running view range enhancing gear will spot you first. Seems like you're experiencing the results of these factors. Doesn't seem like a bug to me. Just my 2¢. 

I know I don't get both simultaneously. Why do people keep saying that?  

I'm saying, running both, there could be a bug where you don't get either, no matter what.

I understand, yes, you have to be still for binocs to work. Yes. I understand, when moving optics are supposed to work. I understand camo net only works when you are stopped for a period as well. I am saying that, running both, may cause neither to work, no matter what. 

concep #11 Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

Stop Tunneling Me

• Players
  • 34947 battles

View PostMasteel_1, on 05 July 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

Oh no, you're not trolling with this at all. You are such a great brand for WG. You do represent their player base very well. I can just see CC_Sly making this comment. It's really apropo that you have now been given their brand to go along with your "help" you didn't even bother to read my comment, because nothing in your first post said anything about my comment. All it did was question what I was doing with my Leopard, in a very unconstructive manner. But, you were deemed a good representative for the WG Brand, so who am I to question?

As to this post below, your win rate has nothing to do with your attitude, which is seriously lacking. Your opinion wasn't asked for on the "help" you decided to oh so elegantly "opine"

And, no, WG can go into the code and test this question easily, on a closed server, with as many, or as few, other tanks as they choose, and all the while they won't be being shot at. I don't think you understand the possible bug I am talking about, or you wouldn't have said that.

Yes, you are a troll. Troll like behavior = troll. You won't own up to it, if you did, it would just be a mistake, and then you aren't a troll. But you defend your comments, so troll it is. The officially endorsed WG Troll 

I'm not a Wargaming employee. I don't need to mimic Sly, Alo, or Ratbat or any of the other employees. No, I'm just a player who has a special tag that labels me a Wargaming-endorsed content contributor. As for your "comment", you said more than just one thing in your OP that can be talked about. If you wanted to have only one subject, maybe not mentioning in the first place you're running camo net, playing a Leopard (which doesn't have the best camo rating), and maybe take everything said with a grain of salt. You're getting all worked up over something so small. It's like you're expecting someone to troll you at every turn, not everyone who is abrasive/rude/demeaning/etc are trolls. If my attitude is not extremely moral boosting and uplifting to you, that's just the way it has to be. I'm not going to try to change just to please you.

I like how you only pointed out one thing of my entire statement. Did you read my post or are you just picking out what you want?

And no, WG can't just get into the code and BAM! It's fixed. Nope, it just doesn't work like that and I can tell you, when they do test, it's not extremely intricate. They just don't have the time to do loads of testing because of the update schedule. I do think they should allow a public test server via TestFlight for iOS and/or whatever Google Play's version is or even some other method so players can possibly find bugs or discrepancies in the build so it can be fixed before full release.

Your opinion of me is your opinion, you think I'm a troll, then sobeit. But I know I'm not so I'll leave it at that.

Rev_ianc_bell #12 Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28843 battles
  • [PRD]

View PostMasteel_1, on 05 July 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

I know I don't get both simultaneously. Why do people keep saying that?  

I'm saying, running both, there could be a bug where you don't get either, no matter what.

I understand, yes, you have to be still for binocs to work. Yes. I understand, when moving optics are supposed to work. I understand camo net only works when you are stopped for a period as well. I am saying that, running both, may cause neither to work, no matter what. 

What I am saying is that if you are moving towards the enemy and they spot you first "bug" would not have occurred to me as a cause. Game mechanics seem to be a reasonable explanation.

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

SonnetVolta #13 Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14722 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostMasteel_1, on 05 July 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

Concep isn't a troll, just blunt and tactless. He got that bold blue designation because he is—in his own tone-deaf way—very helpful and insightful. He did, you'll notice, answer your questions. A troll would have just made you feel bad without any redeeming informative content. Concep is the last person on the forums I'd ask for a hug, but I would ask for his advice.

better sig

concep #14 Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:06 AM

Stop Tunneling Me

• Players
  • 34947 battles

View PostSonnetVolta, on 05 July 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

Concep is the last person on the forums I'd ask for a hug, but I would ask for his advice.

+1 That's going in my favorite quotes now. And so does the "WG endorsed troll" comment, that was probably the best line in the whole thread.

Edited by _Kon, 06 July 2015 - 02:12 AM.

Ksftwe #15 Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25706 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostMasteel_1, on 05 July 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

if you effed up, you deserve to be ridiculed and slandered for it. Why? So you can change your ways. A weak teacher will ask you to improve. A strong teacher will force you to improve. No troll is going to heckle you so you can become a better player. Even though there could've been nicer ways to phrase what concep said, it is very much correct and you would do well to listen to him.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

vvk2 #16 Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 70055 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I assume you watched this:

https://www.youtube....h?v=5ML4oXjG6ag

If not, this is helpful to understand the spotting mechanics. In short, the best view range doesn't necessarily implies you spotting the enemy first.

reluctanttheist #17 Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:35 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25094 battles
  • [III-H]
Interesting thread.  I thought binocs and optics WERE additive, but it's really good to know they're not.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users