Jump to content


Disscussion of possible clan wars happenings


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Droidekool #41 Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:58 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26556 battles
  • 941
  • [RBLN]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2014

Never play Wot PC, can someone tell me what is clan war is all about? Do you have to hold ur base/stronghold all the time? How it wil happen? Is it like clash of clans where when u got enough resources and army then you can go for attack? And what if you dont have clan?


  

Tier X: E100, Jadgpanzer E100, E50M, T110E5, T110E3, IS7, Object 268

Tier IX: E 75, E 50, M 103, IS 8, Jagdtiger, Object 704T95

Premium Tank: Tankenstein, Jadgpanther

 


MSixteen #42 Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:08 AM

    Full Auto Spud Gun

  • Players
  • 17593 battles
  • 5,510
  • [_V2_]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2012

View Postalbertjhonny, on 05 July 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

Never play Wot PC, can someone tell me what is clan war is all about? Do you have to hold ur base/stronghold all the time? How it wil happen? Is it like clash of clans where when u got enough resources and army then you can go for attack? And what if you dont have clan?

 

it's like Risk, but the winner of the battle isn't decided by a roll of the dice. the attacker has to kill all enemy tanks, or capture the base. the defender has to kill all enemy tanks, or draw the game out to win.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

 Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt


MSixteen #43 Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:08 AM

    Full Auto Spud Gun

  • Players
  • 17593 battles
  • 5,510
  • [_V2_]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2012

View PostThomazealot, on 05 July 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

 

Really not looking forward to the Krieg vs Attrition battle that's bound to happen at some point...

 

krieg/att will work together, not against each other.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

 Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt


_RNGesus #44 Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:13 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14155 battles
  • 909
  • [SCAMO]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2014

View PostMSixteen, on 06 July 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

 

it's like Risk, but the winner of the battle isn't decided by a roll of the dice. the attacker has to kill all enemy tanks, or capture the base. the defender has to kill all enemy tanks, or draw the game out to win.

Well, rng is close to a dice roll :)



BootlegTampico #45 Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:55 AM

    "LGoW" --Random Pub

  • Players
  • 22549 battles
  • 4,749
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View Post_RNGesus, on 05 July 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

Well, rng is close to a dice roll :)

With infinite sides including and between 75% and 125% of the initial value. 


Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

 


koop123 #46 Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8342 battles
  • 1,090
  • Member since:
    11-07-2014

View PostMSixteen, on 05 July 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

 

it's like Risk, but the winner of the battle isn't decided by a roll of the dice. the attacker has to kill all enemy tanks, or capture the base. the defender has to kill all enemy tanks, or draw the game out to win.

 

M...I respect your opinion, but do you really believe Blitz Clan Wars will have things like the Global Map, Strongholds. . .etc? It is a mobile game and they seem to want to keep it casual. I love watching clan war streams on Twitch and took some time getting familiar with clan wars and I am not confident this is what they have in mind for us. I could be way off, that is why I am asking you this--maybe you guys heard or know the plans. . .I just figured they would release the first phase in 1.12 or 1.13 and give commanders the ability to make clans official in game (maybe clan sig next to name on the battle roster, maybe clan sig on tank) and when the battle mode is implemented probably a 7v7 super platoon clan battle. . .with looooooooooooooong wait times unless clans get together and organize battles to ensure little wait time. They may offer some way to earn extra XP and silver and have some "playoff" events leading up to a yearly "super bowl" where the clans can earn gold. I hope it is like you say...a global map and that type of CW would be very fun and challenging.

 

 

 


   WR~0.23% Damage Ratio~.0009  WN9~ 35.  Avg Tier~1.10


MSixteen #47 Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:29 AM

    Full Auto Spud Gun

  • Players
  • 17593 battles
  • 5,510
  • [_V2_]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2012

View Post_Irregular_Apocalypse_, on 06 July 2015 - 01:24 AM, said:

 

M...I respect your opinion, but do you really believe Blitz Clan Wars will have things like the Global Map, Strongholds. . .etc? It is a mobile game and they seem to want to keep it casual. I love watching clan war streams on Twitch and took some time getting familiar with clan wars and I am not confident this is what they have in mind for us. I could be way off, that is why I am asking you this--maybe you guys heard or know the plans. . .I just figured they would release the first phase in 1.12 or 1.13 and give commanders the ability to make clans official in game (maybe clan sig next to name on the battle roster, maybe clan sig on tank) and when the battle mode is implemented probably a 7v7 super platoon clan battle. . .with looooooooooooooong wait times unless clans get together and organize battles to ensure little wait time. They may offer some way to earn extra XP and silver and have some "playoff" events leading up to a yearly "super bowl" where the clans can earn gold. I hope it is like you say...a global map and that type of CW would be very fun and challenging.

 

 

 

 

i haven't played PC in YEARSSS. i know nothing of the Strongholds, but i do remember the global map, and how it was on the website, and not in game. i assume that Blitz would do something similar. all they would need to do is have the tab for "special battles" in game for you and your clan to queue up in, and fight the rival clan at the set time.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

 Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt


koop123 #48 Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:33 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8342 battles
  • 1,090
  • Member since:
    11-07-2014
I hope so, having the Global Map would make CW so much more interesting then 7v7 clan only battles!

   WR~0.23% Damage Ratio~.0009  WN9~ 35.  Avg Tier~1.10


Prompt_N_Critical #49 Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:20 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 49267 battles
  • 1,369
  • Member since:
    08-20-2014
did everyone forget they are limiting the clans to 50 ppl?

 


Herodotus4 #50 Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22361 battles
  • 2,717
  • [SRT_]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View Postpanzerace760, on 06 July 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

did everyone forget they are limiting the clans to 50 ppl?

No, but clans with > 50 members could split and create two clans in clan wars


"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs


_Ax_ #51 Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:38 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25450 battles
  • 832
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostHerodotus4, on 06 July 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

No, but clans with > 50 members could split and create two clans in clan wars

 

True but the only clan with a feeder or way over 50 members with high skill is Kr/Att. and possibly Sparta.  Nobody is getting concerned over players with wr from 48% to low 50s.  


Herodotus4 #52 Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22361 battles
  • 2,717
  • [SRT_]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View Postaxman727272, on 06 July 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

 

True but the only clan with a feeder or way over 50 members with high skill is Kr/Att. and possibly Sparta.  Nobody is getting concerned over players with wr from 48% to low 50s.  

Triarii, they have the players for 3 clans


"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs


_ENO_ #53 Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:21 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7217 battles
  • 1,596
  • Member since:
    07-07-2014

As explained on your other thread on the subject... we'll be supplying 1 clan of 50 (or whatever the number is) drawn from the elite of our existing membership. 

 

They will be managed and supported by our larger clan organization. 

 

The remainder of the organization will either be in a semi competitive disposition or casual. 



TheLupus #54 Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17504 battles
  • 361
  • Member since:
    01-15-2012
First training rooms would have to come. Then we will be able to have epic t2 light speed rac-er I mean clan wars training. Yes!

KimJongSpoon #55 Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10561 battles
  • 1,071
  • [WT]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostThomazealot, on 05 July 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

 

Really not looking forward to the Krieg vs Attrition battle that's bound to happen at some point...

 

Yeah lets not have this happen please... please...:mellow:

Tier 10s: E100, FV4202, FV215b, Death Star, Mighty Maus, E50M, T110E4, 

Check out our YouTube Channel: WoTeam

Favorite tanks: Both FVs, Panther II, VK 30.01 D, Pz. III/IV, T49, T-34-85 Victory, Comet


HESHSlingingSplasher #56 Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:00 AM

    HESHSlingingSplasher

  • Players
  • 18190 battles
  • 3,530
  • [NRF]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostKimJongSpoon, on 06 July 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

 

Yeah lets not have this happen please... please...:mellow:

 

Everybody else would be happy because they don't have to fight Krieg.

SkiFletch #57 Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30259 battles
  • 5,911
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    07-07-2014
Did any official WG employee actually say that rosters would be 50 and that clan wars would look just like PC?  I could have missed it, so please correct me, but everything I've seen discussing any specifics of clans and clan wars has been exceptionally evasive.  When the various staff/devs get asked about specific tanks from PC, they're like, "yes, will happen soon, some balance changes."  With clans it's all, "We're not sure how clan wars will look yet."  The only thing we KNOW is that clan functionality will be rolled out over a series of updates so long as nothing goes wrong.  Someone got neg repped a bunch above that he thinks CW will be through clan only missions.  I think he might be right :(


TwistedMetal_ #58 Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14177 battles
  • 2,741
  • [DFNT]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View PostSkiFletch, on 08 July 2015 - 05:08 AM, said:

Did any official WG employee actually say that rosters would be 50 and that clan wars would look just like PC?  I could have missed it, so please correct me, but everything I've seen discussing any specifics of clans and clan wars has been exceptionally evasive.  When the various staff/devs get asked about specific tanks from PC, they're like, "yes, will happen soon, some balance changes."  With clans it's all, "We're not sure how clan wars will look yet."  The only thing we KNOW is that clan functionality will be rolled out over a series of updates so long as nothing goes wrong.  Someone got neg repped a bunch above that he thinks CW will be through clan only missions.  I think he might be right :(

At this point CW in any capacity on Blitz would be pure speculation! As always we shall wait and see....But can they please give us training rooms in the interum!



Rocket_From_The_Tomb #59 Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

    I Blame Rocket

  • Players
  • 17008 battles
  • 3,783
  • [SCSC]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

Attrition getting big, bet they split into two. 

Kreig as the Head. Att 1, right fist; Att 2, left fist. 

Commence beating.

Just a thought.



Captain_Dread #60 Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41919 battles
  • 301
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

I really do not think there is a serious push by developers to implement "Clan Wars".  If there was: 

1. We would have been offered some sort of information on the subject from the forum moderators.  All the information that I have heard about is from players speculating because there is a clan war on the PC version.

2. We would already be able to have an in-game clan and clan chat.  I mean really, how hard is it to do this?  Every other mmo game I have ever played, even the ones that were out 5 years ago, had clans and clan chat.

3. I have posted on similar threads before the same pessimistic views and have never gotten a response from anyone that I was misled in my thinking.

 

However, if clan wars does occur, in whatever form, it would put competition at a higher level and help everyone's game play, which I am for 100%.


 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."  Mark Twain

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users