Disscussion of possible clan wars happenings

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

someguyfromPitt #61 Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:43 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 47617 battles
  • [III]

Who needs clan wars when we have Wednesday Night Gladiator?

Most of the best plays have come across each other. At the end of the day if it was always 70% players playing each other, they can only make so many maps and ways to play. Eventually games start to look like replays of each other. Yinz hold that bunker, we hold this one, and whomever makes the first mistake loses. Win rate will not be as big of an issue. Patience and skill will. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

mike82198 #62 Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39046 battles
  • [CRATE]

View PostCaptain_Dread, on 08 July 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

I really do not think there is a serious push by developers to implement "Clan Wars".  If there was: 

1. We would have been offered some sort of information on the subject from the forum moderators.  All the information that I have heard about is from players speculating because there is a clan war on the PC version.

2. We would already be able to have an in-game clan and clan chat.  I mean really, how hard is it to do this?  Every other mmo game I have ever played, even the ones that were out 5 years ago, had clans and clan chat.

3. I have posted on similar threads before the same pessimistic views and have never gotten a response from anyone that I was misled in my thinking.

However, if clan wars does occur, in whatever form, it would put competition at a higher level and help everyone's game play, which I am for 100%.

1. Information has been offered. Simply not in English. WG are not great communicators.
2. You will have that. They've confirmed it. 
3. There's always a first. Congrats.

I've been reading the relevant bits of the Russian forum for a few months now. It's a priority and it is coming - slowly. Notice that absolutely nothing else about the game is developing (except missions, which is the other explicitly stated goal for the summer).

View PostSkiFletch, on 08 July 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

Did any official WG employee actually say that rosters would be 50 and that clan wars would look just like PC?  I could have missed it, so please correct me, but everything I've seen discussing any specifics of clans and clan wars has been exceptionally evasive.  When the various staff/devs get asked about specific tanks from PC, they're like, "yes, will happen soon, some balance changes."  With clans it's all, "We're not sure how clan wars will look yet."  The only thing we KNOW is that clan functionality will be rolled out over a series of updates so long as nothing goes wrong.  Someone got neg repped a bunch above that he thinks CW will be through clan only missions.  I think he might be right :(

To answer your question: No. However, they seem incredibly reluctant to deviate from the PC in any way, beyond the ideological confines of Blitz (7 minutes; 7 players per team; no arty). Make of that what you wish.

Herodotus4 #63 Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21622 battles
  • [SRT_]

View Postmike82198, on 08 July 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

1. Information has been offered. Simply not in English. WG are not great communicators.
2. You will have that. They've confirmed it. 
3. There's always a first. Congrats.

I've been reading the relevant bits of the Russian forum for a few months now. It's a priority and it is coming - slowly. Notice that absolutely nothing else about the game is developing (except missions, which is the other explicitly stated goal for the summer).

To answer your question: No. However, they seem incredibly reluctant to deviate from the PC in any way, beyond the ideological confines of Blitz (7 minutes; 7 players per team; no arty). Make of that what you wish.

Thank you forum spy:) I could not remember where to find the info

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users