• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

hughjass07 #21 Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 12428 battles
  • [HJG]

View PostMonopower, on 07 July 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

There have been numerous posts asking about creating a clan, as well as numerous attempted clans that have failed due to a variety of reasons.

My credentials in starting a successful clan can be found here.

Here is my advice to you if you are looking to create your own clan.

Make sure you have a large amount of battles played before creating the clan.

You want to be someone that at least seems experienced at first glance.  Nobody wants to be led by a leader with less than one or two thousand battles played.

Have some members that have agreed to join your clan before making the official announcement.

Having members on your roster when you start off makes you seem like you are mean business.  Remember to not reveal who you have asked to join though, showing your failures is never a good business strategy.  I would recommend at least 10 members to start off with.

Have clan rules and explain your clan structure.  A brief introduction helps too. 

Nobody wants to join a clan where nothing is laid out, and the only thing that is certain is the clan name and whether they are in or not.

USE PROPER GRAMMAR.

Not using proper grammar makes you seem young, immature, and unfit to lead a clan. 

Try to arrange a teamspeak server that is either private, or shared with another clan.

Voice communication is something many look for now, and teamspeak is the generally accepted one for gaming.  Not kik, or Skype, or other social voice chat applications.

Try to develop a presence and positive reputation in the community before creating the clan.

When the first post you make is the one announcing your clan's existence, people tend to take you a bit less seriously.  If say Fog_Cruiser_Australia were to create his own clan, I would put my money on his clan doing better than that of a well structured one led by someone that almost no one in the community knows.

Stay Active

Keep up to date on the forums and make posts on the clan thread as well as other parts of the forums.  Even if you are active, just not making posts, how do others know that your clan is still there?

Try to establish some relations with successful clans.

The best indication of a clan's success is the acknowledgement of the larger clans.  Get friendly with their members and establish a presence.

These are my points that I feel should be satisfied in order to create a successful clan.  I hope that everyone finds this helpful!

If anyone thinks of other key points to establishing a clan, do let me know and I will update this guide.

Good write-up man :)

On Twitter @HughbertJass

Though likely I go to my Doom, my heart is valiant, my conscience clear,

and before it is my time, by God they will know that I was there!

General_Patton_US_ #22 Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11118 battles
  • [GLXY]

View Postchowpow531, on 07 July 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

Basically a well-known graphic artist around here. Also a member of Club Wargaming.

I thought he was some random guy on my friends list. I'v had a GA on my friends list all this time and didn't know it!?

Monopower #23 Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9387 battles
  • [RBLN]
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Added a few points to the list!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users