The Equipment Guide

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

EPICANDY0131 #1 Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

At the time of this writing, there has not been any previous guides of this topic.

In WoT Blitz, there is a variety of 14 pieces of equipment that are possible to mount on your tanks.

Each vehicle has the ability to mount 3 different choices of equipment. Costs and selection vary by tier, nation, classification, and even separate tanks.

I will try to cover only what is relevant to Blitz. The full WoT guide for PC can be found here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Equipment

Basic Equipment Mechanics & Clarifications

Unlike PC WoT, equipment mechanics are very different.

Since there is not depot or store, equipment can only be bought from a specific tank's equipment tab. There is also no 'Removable Equipment'. All equipment is 'Complex' and can only be removed by being sold for 50% of current price. Purchasing equipment is very expensive, and should only be done if you really want to enhance the performance, or more often, to further buff up a 'keeper tank'. Premium tanks you do not want to sell also greatly benefit. (Don't ever sell Premiums in the first place.)

Rundown

Camouflage Net ~ +25% to the tank's camo. factor when the hull is stationary for 3 seconds*. *Blitz has never clarified. I am assuming it's the same.

This is very helpful for TDs, and passive tanks. However, since Blitz gameplay is fast-paced and agressive (usually), I find this to be really useless.

Binocular Telescope ~ +25% view range when the hull is stationary for 3 seconds*. *Blitz has never clarified. I am assuming it's the same.

Can be useful when you are the last tank alive. Again, more towards passive tanks. Typically, moving around should be your best bet of spotting opponents.

Toolbox ~ +25% Repair speed

Geared towards higher tier heavy tanks. Track repair speed is a must, so it can help for a side scraping tank. (guide on sidescraping: http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/2310-beginners-guide-to-side-scraping/) However, carrying repair kits and Multi-Restoration Packs should be your best bet. TDs can also benefit to not get circle strafed.

Spall Liner ~ x% Addition to armor protection from ramming and explosions.

Different classes have different kinds and percentages. Very good for heavily armored, fast tanks. The E-100 can benefit, and ramming tanks like the E-50M may use this effectively as well. Otherwise, do not really bother.

"Wet" Ammo Rack ~ +50% Ammo rack hp.

Extremely helpful for German and Soviet vehicles. Buffing of the ammo rack decreases the chances of a detonation. Should be considered, but usually ruled out.

Cyclone Filter ~ +50% to Engine hp. Available only on Soviet machines.

For those vehicles you think suffer too much from engine damage. Not the best option, but it can work.

CO2 Filled Tanks ~ +50% Fuel Tank hp.

For (mainly Soviet) tanks that catch on fire easily from the fuel tanks.

Enhanced [insert type] Suspension ~ +10% Load Limit and increase in Hit Points.

Type varies from vehicle to vehicle. More useful on PC version, when the tracks cannot take a certain load when stock. Not so much on Blitz.

x-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer ~ 10% reduction to loading time.

Should be used on EVERY tank that can use it. Autoloaders and Burst Gun- equipping tanks cannot use it.

Enhanced Gun Laying Drive ~ 10% reduction to aiming time.

A very effective piece to minimize the aim time of low accuracy, high aim time guns of the lower tiers. Higher tiers acquire the Vertical Stabilizer: a much better equipment piece. They can be combined to be more beneficial, but it is controversial.

Vertical Stabilizer Mk. 1/2 ~ 20% reduction of Accuracy Penalties.

The most sought-after equipment piece for high tiers. It benefits the gun performance of a tank greatly. Made my IS-3 able to shoot on the move somewhat-reliably.

Coated Optics ~ 10% view range.

The bonus does not stack with Binocs. However, the 10% is active all the time. I prefer it to Binocs in Blitz.

Additional Grousers ~ -10% resistance on soft ground and -5% resistance on average soil. Available for select German tanks.

The heavy weight of 1000kg of this equipment piece may somewhat offset the advantages that it provides. Not really a great choice, but unique and exclusive to some German vehicles.

Improved Ventilation Class 1-3 ~ +5% to all crew skills. Only for closed top vehicles.

An all rounded choice. It is the substitute for Brothers in Arms. (a perk on the PC) I use it universally, whenever I can. It cannot be used on open topped vehicles, so the Dicker Max has to opt for something else.

Suggested Combinations

Personal preferences. You are free to experiment and choose.

Aggressive Playstyle

-Gun Rammer, Gun Laying Drive, Vertical Stabilizer

-Gun Rammer, Vertical Stabilizer, Ventilation

-Gun Rammer, Gun Laying Drive, Ventilation

Also choose:

Coated Optics, Additional Grousers, Enhanced Suspension.

Passive Playstyle

-Camo Net, Binocular Telescope, Ventilation

-Camo Net, Binocular Telescope, Toolbox

Also choose:

Spall Liner, Wet Ammo Rack, Cyclone Filter, CO2 Filled Tanks, Enhanced Suspension.

Rounded Playstyle

-Gun Rammer, Vert. Stabilizer, Ventilation

-Gun Rammer, Vert. Stabilizer, Coated Optics

-Gun Rammer, Camo Net, Binocular Telescope

-Gun Rammer, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, Optics

-Gun Rammer, Gun Laying Drive, Vents

Hope I have covered everything!

Be sure to comment and ask me anything! (related)

EPICANDY0131[FLYNT]: IS-8; T-54; T32; Tiger II; KV-1S; M4A2E4; T82; M3 Light; T18; BT-2; +2 slots

Recruiter & Trainer of Flyinite

~PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN!!!~

(post stats please)

SonOfAbraham #2 Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5513 battles
  • [TFL-2]
Thanks for this

IRL

: T2 Light, M3 Light, LTP   ++ :    +++ : Churchill I, T29, T110E5   TD : JPanther II, T95

signature animation by AXMarks

EPICANDY0131 #3 Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

View PostSonOfAbraham, on 23 July 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

Thanks for this

You're welcome.

EPICANDY0131[FLYNT]: IS-8; T-54; T32; Tiger II; KV-1S; M4A2E4; T82; M3 Light; T18; BT-2; +2 slots

(post stats please)

UnModernized #4 Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2165 battles

Great guide +1

also I think it's 5 seconds for non-passive equipment, not too sure though.

EPICANDY0131 #5 Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

View PostUnModernized, on 23 July 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

Great guide +1

also I think it's 5 seconds for non-passive equipment, not too sure though.

Until your hull steadies, and a bit after.

Jolting to a halt takes a while.

(post stats please)

Naturemagic #6 Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3320 battles
Lol every thing thats explained when you click on the equipment thing

Naturemagic #7 Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3320 battles
Is there anything in eula about copy and paste

EPICANDY0131 #8 Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

View PostNaturemagic, on 23 July 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

Is there anything in eula about copy and paste

I also explained my own opinions.

And also, not everything can be in a single vehicle's equipment tab.

Additional Grousers are for German tanks.

Cyclone Filter for Russian tanks.

Ventilation for closed tanks.

Vert. Stabilizers for higher tier tanks.

Gun Rammer for single shot tanks.

Edited by EPICANDY0131, 24 July 2014 - 03:24 AM.

(post stats please)

UnModernized #9 Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2165 battles

View PostNaturemagic, on 24 July 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

Lol every thing thats explained when you click on the equipment thing

EpicAndy added his opinion on equipment and explained how it works

Str8UpJack #10 Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

Thanks for posting this and opinions!  The equipment gets expensive in the later tiers...

Question - SO I'm working up the American heavy line and I'm currently on the T29... added the GunRammer and Vents before reading this.  This is the first time I tried Vents and I have noticed a *small* improvement but I do wonder if COLA is a better option over the lifespan of using a tank in the grind?  It offers 10% and as long as you make enough credits at the worst you should break even in a match and hopefully still make credits.  Thus it could be *free* and a more powerful upgrade.  Of course, if you end up only collecting a few thousand credits or actually losing credits this would be a bad choice but it's far less punishing to your credit count as you can sell it back for full price ( ? ) and aren't making a BIG commitment of credits to see if it works.

What are your thoughts on that?  Then that 250,000 for the vents could purchase the stabilizer which may have been a better purchase since I fall between the passive/agressive play style.. Would be interesting if there were hard facts somewhere on how each of these pieces of equipment affects a particular tanks stats.

Edited by Str8UpJack, 24 July 2014 - 12:15 PM.

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

EPICANDY0131 #11 Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

@Str8UpJack

Doing the math.

Cola costs 13k at tier 7. 10% increase.

Vents cost 250k at tier 7. 5% increase.

13k * 19 games (times) = 247k credits spent

If you do not want to keep the T29, and you can grind out the T32 in less than 20 games to not go over 250k credits spent, then Cola is the best option.

So Vents is cheaper, actually, overall. Cola provides the bigger boost, so if you want to replace vents, then go ahead. I'm just saying its not really worth it.

Personally, I'd go with Gun Rammer, Vert. Stab, and Vents. Doesn't matter what order.

Also, don't really purchase equipment unless you have the credits to.

Edited by EPICANDY0131, 24 July 2014 - 02:28 PM.

(post stats please)

bigpoppadaddy #12 Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

There's only one real Daddy, and that's ME!

• Players
  • 69687 battles
  • [GLXY]

So EPICANDY0131,

If you were setting up a German VK 36.01 (H) which OTHER item would you add?  I already have the Gun Rammer & the Vents. I like to play aggressive but the other choices you said to use aren't available for this tank the Stabilizer or the Gun Laying Drive. So would you go Optics?

Aggressive Playstyle

I Love it when you call me Big Poppa, I love it when she calls me Big Daddy!

EPICANDY0131 #13 Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

View Postbigpoppadaddy, on 30 July 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

So EPICANDY0131,

If you were setting up a German VK 36.01 (H) which OTHER item would you add?  I already have the Gun Rammer & the Vents. I like to play aggressive but the other choices you said to use aren't available for this tank the Stabilizer or the Gun Laying Drive. So would you go Optics?

Aggressive Playstyle

I think the Gun Laying drive IS available to the VK. (if its not, i apologize)

So if you do not want to use the GLD, I'd take optics like you said. It's the only direct view range bonus you can get on the go. I value spotting almost as much as damage.

If you do not want to, go Toolbox. It's a heavy, so the tracks will take a beating.

(post stats please)

bigpoppadaddy #14 Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

There's only one real Daddy, and that's ME!

• Players
  • 69687 battles
  • [GLXY]

@Epicandy0131,

your ur advice has been a huge help. However, can you explain or advise me on the M6 choices?

Since I spent most of my HP purchasing this tank, I used my last 2,000 points and bought the Vents for the 5% skill Mastery for the crew. My next purchase will be the gun rammer. So, with pick 3 is where I can use guidance.  If bought several of the Vertical Stsbilizers, but honestly, I really don't see a huge difference when I use it vs. before I had it so I'm considering buying the Camo nets.m what's your thought on this?  Earlier you said above it wasn't worth it but I'm curious if maybe you've changed your mind recently?

I Love it when you call me Big Poppa, I love it when she calls me Big Daddy!

siouxinpa #15 Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3096 battles

View Postbigpoppadaddy, on 16 August 2014 - 06:05 AM, said:

@Epicandy0131,

your ur advice has been a huge help. However, can you explain or advise me on the M6 choices?

Since I spent most of my HP purchasing this tank, I used my last 2,000 points and bought the Vents for the 5% skill Mastery for the crew. My next purchase will be the gun rammer. So, with pick 3 is where I can use guidance.  If bought several of the Vertical Stsbilizers, but honestly, I really don't see a huge difference when I use it vs. before I had it so I'm considering buying the Camo nets.m what's your thought on this?  Earlier you said above it wasn't worth it but I'm curious if maybe you've changed your mind recently?

Sweet mother of god....camo nets on a heavy?

No.....just no.

Camo nets only become useful when you are stationary and not firing often. Two things that a heavy or a medium should never be accused of.

An M6 doesn't have a vertical stablizer as an equipment option. Do you mean vert coil springs?

My loadout for the M6 was vents/gun laying drive/rammer. My theory on heavies is they are the punchers on a team, trading shots at close range. The faster I can fire, the faster my enemy dies, the less I get hurt.

= Proud signer of the Community Pledge =

GenericMIKE #16 Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

• Players
  • 26297 battles
  • [COFFY]

DONT COUNT PRICES
NXT PATCH DIFF AND CHEAPER EQUIP

(just saying)

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!

_Obsidious #17 Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20192 battles
  • [EPIC-]
Great info. Well done. +1.

"When I get home and people ask me,'Hey, Hoot, why do you do it, man? What are you? Some kind of war junkie? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you. And that's it. That's all it is."

You can not bleed with a man and not form a bond.

furrywombat101001 #18 Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36788 battles
  • [-DD-]
Great job! Props to OP

Viper8757NC #19 Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24606 battles
  • [III-S]

Best Tiger I combo:

1)  Vents, Rammer, & GLD

OR

2) Optics, Rammer, & GLD

I’m currently running with #1, but am considering swapping out vents for optics.  Any thoughts…?

EPICANDY0131 #20 Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

View PostViper8757NC, on 21 October 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

Best Tiger I combo:

1)  Vents, Rammer, & GLD

OR

2) Optics, Rammer, & GLD

I’m currently running with #1, but am considering swapping out vents for optics.  Any thoughts…?

Optics don't matter much with the concealment from all the bushes in many maps.

Tiger doesn't play a scouting role, typically. The aim time isn't great, so the GLD and Vents are needed to get it down as much as possible.

(the 88 on the Tiger II is viable until last gun)

Enjoy the grind!

(post stats please)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users