13 replies to this topic

MyBigLongBarrel #1 Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16045 battles
  • [TROLL]
Basics:
-"Maus" = "Mouse"
-2 Mice where made. The only german tier 10 in WOT Blitz that actually existed.*leopard 1
-Mouse is all about angles, angle your Mouse! Also do the side-scrape hack. Not angling your mouse will result in 0 cheese and dead mouse. See Angling section. (not fishing)
-Mouse is heaviest tank in the game, and weighs ~50 tons more than the second heaviest tank, the JGPZE100. It also accelerates faster than most other tanks. I'll give you a minute to comprehend that.
-Speed limit is 20, but the acceleration makes for maintaining such a speed even going up hill (so Mouse could beat an e100 in a race up a small hill), and Mouse will never go above 30, even slipping down the biggest slopes, as not to break WOT Blitz Physics engine.
-Gun used to be the weakest gun on a tier 10, until recent update made the rof on the main gun just as fast as the e100 rof on that gun. It also has a weak penetration, but is adequate when aiming for weak-spots on enemies.
-Mouse is BIG. Mouse is HEAVY. Pray someone rams you. Or bumps you. Or scrapes you. Or touches you. They won't even scratch your paint, but they will receive much damage.
-Need team. Protect team. Have at least a couple of friendlies behind you. Help where help is needed.
-Most people who use Mouse are not good at it /:  , results in easy Mastery Badges though (:
-still use cover!
-Know how much armor Mouse has, study stats, get "armor inspector" app.
- Prammo (Premium Ammo; APCR, HEAT) spammers gonna prammo spamo.

Equipment and Consumables:
Several consumables are good for Mouse, these include, but are not limited to:
-Spall Liner (Mouse without spall liner is naked!): Mouse is one of the few tanks in the game 
        that gets an extra-extra boost from using spall liner (more than most other tanks)
-Gun Rammer: increase rof a little bit, standard.
-Vents: vents are good, but seriously consider the toolbox, note that chocolate consumable will do twice as much as this.
-Tool box: Mouse will get de-tracked a lot, especially with good angling that would bounce other shots.
-Binocs: This is more rare, but can be very effective. When in a successful side scrape position where Mouse doesn't move, Mouse can spot enemies far away shooting at it.
Mouse has a good aiming-while-moving already, camo net is useless, coated optics are probably less useful than previously listed equipment. Note that there is no upgraded suspension, at least of now, other wise it may be something to consider. 
-Ammo: Mouse carries lots of ammo so carry a lot. 30 AP rounds, and 10 HE rounds should be fine. (prammo to your preference, but if your legit, use 0 prammo! (: )

-Repair kit, Multi-restoration kit (the big kit), and Engine Boost is generally a good set up.
-Multi, Chocolate, Adrenaline Boost is also good, when you have the credits.
Pro tip: in many circumstances, engine boost can be more effective than adrenaline boost, and it is also cheaper. Mouse has most horsepower in the game so technically Mouse is stronk-est tenk in the game. This means Mouse can push any tank sideways or backwards anywhere it wants to. Get creative with this- push enemies off the fort at Castilla, push them into the line of fire of teammates and spam "help", push them into a wall and hold them there, or even better push them into a corner and hold them there (if Mouse dies they will be stuck there the rest of the battle! Unless it is another Mouse). Or push a friendly T95 at mock-17. Anyway, engine boost will enable Mouse to do it harder and faster. See links:

Angling Your Mouse: 
-Always angle your Mouse. This includes the turret! 
      turret- Unfortunately the front of Mouse turret is weak (turret cheeks). The turret is easier to angle though; just face both sides of the turret at a 45 degree angle, so that the side and front of turret are equally exposed. Pro tip: the back of the turret and side of the turret can be used similarly in this way, and may come in useful in rare circumstances.
      hull- The hull is more tricky, and may require some practice. Note that even though the under glacis "license plate" is a well known weak-spot, it still is stronger than the sides of the Mouse on flat ground. The resulting "sweat angle" would be more a ~55 degree angle on the side, and a ~35 degree angle from the front. See example picture.
Also note that the gun pointing at that Mouse was an obj.268 AP round, the highest penetrating AP shell in the game. We can see an enemy would have a very hard time penetrating you even in the tank with the highest penetration. At that angle, a tank with a gun such as the is7's main gun, would have no hope of penetrating the Mouse without prammo.
      side scraping- so dangerous to enemies of the Mouse that the word is blocked by the anti-profanity filter. The idea is simple- drive up to a structure such as a building as to put the front end totally covered by the building, but stick the Mouse but out just enough to be able to shoot around the building without any interference. Remember to angle turret in between shots! See example diagram bellow. Done right, side-scraping can bounce anything. Another thing to note is that enemies like to copy Mouses side scrape techniques, just shoot HE rounds at their tracks and suspension, as to do explosive damage and damage if not destroy their tracks.
Credit to worldoftanks.eu/

How to deal with <enemy tank>:
-Generally, kill in the order of tanks with the highest penetration first, (as well as low hp). This includes targeting and killing prammo users first. Their have been many matches where a t44 can be ignored because it can't even pen the very back of the Mouse without prammo (as long as it doesn't use prammo and doesn't hurt teamates). Also note that sometimes tanks have drivers that use prammo more than others. I notice T54's, T62A's, and E100's tend to use the most prammo. P.S. Since E100 HEAT has so much penetration, if you get an e100 prammo spammer, just run, or hopefully find somewhere to side scrape, and target it.
      Enemy heavy tanks- Remember Mouse is heavIER. A small collision with most enemy tanks will usually do ~100 damage. Heavy tanks don't have guns with high penetrations enough to defeat angling without prammo. Some may try to out maneuver Mouse. If they are far away, angle and get cover. If they are close then hug them and angle turret, while shooting their weak-spots while they are reloading. If they are prammo spammer, get cover and target them and get help from your team to kill them first.
      Mediums- Ignore low penetration- this means target tier 10s at all costs. If Mouse is alone, reverse into a wall, building, or boundary so no circling or "cod" will happen. Always remember to turn the hull AND the turret when being circled. T54 can barely pen the side of Mouse with AP, for comparison. A common mistake for mediums circling a Mouse would be getting directly behind the Mouse and zooming out and shooting, however this makes the gun of the medium point upwards at an extreme angle and bounce off the turret. Sometimes,  a few shots may be bounced because of this. Again, try to push the light enemy medium into a corner or wall, even in reverse. Same goes for getting one off the Mouse, use structures. Pro tip: Angle the back of the Mouse while getting flanked by tier 9 mediums similarly to the front, only this time so that the side is exposed more than the back, and watch shells bounce. Also use the Mouse's surprisingly good reverse speed+acceleration to have an unexpected medium driver circling the Mouse to get a big Ram surprise. 
     Tank Destroyers- Try to either 1. get very close into a brawl and push the TD into a akward position or pull up beside it so that it can't shoot Mouse. 2. stay away from it and shoot it when it is reloading. Pesky e3's.
      Light tanks- Mouse will move, making an earthquake that breaks light tank tracks and ammo racks it.

Mouse Platoon Manual: 
      Mouse platoon is a strange thing. Sometimes it is great and sometimes it is bad. Usually a Mouse platoon does great in a match with lots of tier 10's, but not so well with -say- only 3 tier 10s. Why is this? Well what would you do if you where against 2 Mouse? The sensible thing to do- FLANK HARD/cap base on some maps. Now combine this with 2 Mice that stick together and a team that almost always follows them and listens to them. Team gets flanked and dies, while any heavies that tried to go the main way get rekt. Usually the flank tears it apart. In high tier matches, with enough of other kind of tier 10s-mediums, td's, that do different things, like defend the flank, while double Mouse pushes through. So what does 2 Mice do when there isn't enough tier 10s? Split up. Yep. A platoon that splits up. 1 Mouse is usually enough to counter any heavies in the main push, but the second Mouse -which is flanking! Hopefully with some friendlies- Will make sure the massive flank which is not uncommon at all is stalled.

Extra Pro Tip: Push a t95 not just to speed it up, but also cover the weak spot under glacis while utilizing the most height of any tank in the game to shoot over it. Remember to angle the turret in between shots.

Extra Pro Tip: When hugging an enemy tank in a brawl, utilize the maussive height to shoot down on weak spots, for example the top of the turret on is7 is easier to shoot then one would think. Shoot down into the hull of an e100 next to the turret. 

Extra Pro Tip- Small hills and bumps can angle front of Mouse downward-but not to much, combined with angling will make the Mouse even harder to penetrate.

Mouse Angling- fishing for shells. (or HEAT?)

Have fun- sometimes it's more satisfying push that full hp jagdtiger get push sideways off the fort at Castilla and have a Mouse land on it. Yes, he died. 

All typed on iPad, pls up vote/comment.

Edited by MyBigLongBarrel, 20 August 2015 - 11:29 PM.

Officially 5th most battles in the Maus on the North America server.   [TROLL] commander.

Tier 10s: Mouse, E50M, obj268, fv 183 feat. my big long barrel, fv4202, leopard 1, T110eFly

TROLL WoT Blitz YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ9uDv7-_4DMWsna_8qSEJw

Alcruz95 #2 Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:25 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18488 battles
Finally, A guide written by someone whom has experience in the tank! +1. good read.
I like the Obj. 140 and I put the Hero in Heroin.

_THECRIMSONCHIN #3 Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34540 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Leopard 1 is a real life tank too. It was the main battle tank of west germany in the 60s and 70s. Nice review though!:popcorn:

Edited by 2011mex, 11 July 2015 - 12:26 AM.

I suck. 

_Wilde #4 Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:41 AM

Zootopia's Finest Tanker

• Players
  • 15478 battles
  • [NVA]
The chassis of the E-100 actually existed. Not sure if this counts as the E-100 existing though.

Auferstanden aus Ruinen

Für den Schutz der Arbeiter und Bauern Macht.

Herodotus4 #5 Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22482 battles
  • [SRT_]
Wouldn't it be funny to see a maus with speed boost trying to COD a T95:)

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

_G_E_M_ #6 Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17206 battles
  • [KNGTS]

View PostHerodotus4, on 10 July 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be funny to see a maus with speed boost trying to COD a T95:)

lol yeah that would be so funny

steelerphan17 #7 Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12839 battles
  • [SW4RM]

Great Guide I give this man a +1

:D

MyBigLongBarrel #8 Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16045 battles
  • [TROLL]

View Postpurplemonkeys11, on 11 July 2015 - 01:56 AM, said:

lol yeah that would be so funny

Lol it has happened more than once in a 1v1. Mouse wins pretty well, since mouse weighs twice as much and goes faster, it ends up pulling up beside the t95 and literally pushing the whole turtle sideways and it gets rekt. T95's think they weigh more than everyone, only works with mediums though. Supa slow brawling is pretty funny.

Officially 5th most battles in the Maus on the North America server.   [TROLL] commander.

Tier 10s: Mouse, E50M, obj268, fv 183 feat. my big long barrel, fv4202, leopard 1, T110eFly

DoubleorNothing #9 Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:48 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11465 battles
Excellently done! If anyone deserves to get into club wargaming, it is you! Now maybe there will finally be other good Maus drivers out there.

DoubleorNothing #10 Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11465 battles
Oh i should mention that I used backwards ramming in my Maus to kill a 300 hp e50m! It was great!

MyBigLongBarrel #11 Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:55 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16045 battles
  • [TROLL]

View PostDoubleorNothing, on 11 July 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

Oh i should mention that I used backwards ramming in my Maus to kill a 300 hp e50m! It was great!

o7    

MajorTroller #12 Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24779 battles
  • [TITAN]
Top class, chap! +

WoT Blitz Russian Tank Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw5JnxVOd3-5jMlV09qx0qQ

TOMAS_legend_Xeraux #13 Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3315 battles
Good guide, but, sorry, terrible read. There were a lot of mistakes (I'm sure it was because of your iPad. It just makes it harder for me to read.) and the font made my eyes hurt. :-P

PC super-unicum

Retired Blitz unicum Current Blitz pubbie

Blitz garage:

M5 Stuart, M4 Sherman, T82, Pz II J, BT-7 A, A-20, T-34-85 Victory, KV-2, IS, IS-6, SU-122-44, Cruiser IV, Centurion I, AT 15A, Ke-Ho, O-47

HurtMD #14 Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 97105 battles
  • [III-R]
Great guide! I read it thoroughly 3 times, hopped in my trusty Maus and promptly lost 6 in a row. *Sigh* More proof that it's not the tank, it's [me] the driver who sucks. :-/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users