Tank_girl24's guide to Armament, and proper usage of the T-28

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

AstrologicalPhenomena98 #1 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5429 battles
  • [KAWAI]

INTRODUCTION::smile:If you have played the PC version of W.o.T and went down the T-26 line of the U.S.S.R. tech tree and got to the T-28 as i have, within the first 20 battles the first thing you would notice is what a difficult tank the T-28 is to master. Well never fear I here to help you.

Short tutorial on gun specs:

Armor: First you should note this tank is WEAK, even an MS-1 can penetrate you at times. 80% of the time you will be placed in tier VII battles. In these battles, anything can penetrate you so angling the tank doesn't help at all if any. Here is a quick chart showing the armor:

Spoiler

Short tutorial on gun specs/ARMAMENT: The first gun you will start of with is the 76mm KT-28 gun. Shot effectiveness is penetration and fire power is how much damage will be dealt if enemy armor is penetrated. Quick chart below in spoiler.

Spoiler

The gun you start with above suffers from very low penetration rate so you will want to target soft targets such a T82's, M2', and M3's. DON'T TARGET HEAVY tanks. ,I personally always choose a gun with better shot effectiveness(Penetration) Because you cant deal damage with AP shells if you cant penetrate enemy armor. The 57 mm ZiS-4 is the recommended(Highly) gun for this tank.

PLAY STYLE/PROPER USAGE: You're a sniper. Meaning this tank should not be used as a mainline tank. If you are thrust into a battle with tier V and above and decide "Hey I'm going to go front line and see if i can hit anything YOU WILL BE RIPPED TO SHREDS.The other tanks in these battles have guns that can penetrate your armor like a knife through butter. The 76MM on the M4(You will be encountering M4's often) can penetrate armor 96-160mm, this means any enemy armor with 96mm and below is no problem, allowing their ammunition to deal full damage. Your armor is a max of 30mm at a flat angle. Your position should be behind the heavy tanks and Tank destroyers. If you are being fired upon take cover and consider repositioning.  Make use of vegetation*BEHIND NOT IN* Bushes or trees. Position your tank between your enemy and you. Try not to be behind bushes at more than 10 feet or this will also mask your enemy from you. You will know you are in the right position when you the vegetation is transparent or when you swing your turret to looking behind you, you can see or barely see your tank through it.

NOTE from EpicAndy0131:

You SHOULD first spot the target, and then pull back a few meters in order to be stealth to the enemy.

Enemies are still spotted a few seconds after, and if you shoot behind the bush, you cannot be seen.

Other modules: I use the third engine(Engine M-17T) able to unlocked and don't think upgrading  the suspension if really necessary to excel in this tank. Turret upgrades really don't matter much.

Consumables: Equip the Manual fire extinguisher,  First Aid kit, and the Repair kit. Only use these if you are able to take cover or retreat. If you get set on fire, a crew member dies or you lose a critical module(Suspension, Engine or Gun) immediately after you repaired it will wish you hadn't. So make sure you are in cover or able to escape enemy fire before use so you can dish out more damage.

Equipment: At the moment I have camouflage net, Since the length of the tank if very hard to hide behind a bush or vegetation, the camouflage net will activate around 5 seconds after you are completely stationary. Moving your turret doesn't deactivate this. I would also recommend binocular telescope.

Ending: This tank isn't that bad if you know how to use it. Try not to make critical mistakes and if you notice you just made one, quickly bolt to cover and reconsider your strategy. Remember don't go out to the middle of a field without friendly cover. I will post more guides on tanks as they are unlocked to me. Thank you for your time :honoring: Suggestions? Send me a PM ^_^

Edited by Tank_girl24, 25 July 2014 - 10:20 PM.

EPICANDY0131 #2 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

Decent guide, but care to edit?

First of all, the T-28 does not meet tier VII when played solo.

What u said.

80% of the time you will be placed in tier VII battles

Also, I would like to clarify that the 57mm is required, and not 'recommended'.

The bush mechanics are also incorrect.

You SHOULD first spot the target, and then pull back a few meters in order to be stealth to the enemy.

Enemies are still spotted a few seconds after, and if you shoot behind the bush, you cannot be seen.

I have abused this so much, it is so funny to see threads about invisitanks.

EPICANDY0131[FLYNT]: IS-8; T-54; T32; Tiger II; KV-1S; M4A2E4; T82; M3 Light; T18; BT-2; +2 slots

Recruiter & Trainer of Flyinite

~PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN!!!~

(post stats please)

AstrologicalPhenomena98 #3 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5429 battles
  • [KAWAI]

View PostEPICANDY0131, on 25 July 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

Decent guide, but care to edit?

First of all, the T-28 does not meet tier VII when played solo.

Also, I would like to clarify that the 57mm is required, and not 'recommended'.

The bush mechanics are also incorrect.

I have abused this so much, it is so funny to see threads about invisitanks.

Sure :3. Thanks :)

Aivris #4 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]

That's a great guide to the T-28. You're right in the idea that the T-28's armour is extremely poor. It can be easily penetrated by lower tier tanks. This also means that howitzers and HE shells become very deadly when used against the T-28.

Edit: Already stated by previous poster.

Also, in the Armor subheading, you made a little mistake. The highest tier matchmaking that a tier four can see is tier six. 

Anyway, thanks for the very useful guide. +1

XiaolongPan #5 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2809 battles

T-28 is fast so technically it can be a scout tank. ---------> 45km/hr

Well if you are ripped to shreds in front line than you don't play properly, because I ALWAYS scout ahead for my team.

You should NEVER use equipment for tier 4's because in 3 or 4 days you will have your tier 5 tank. Why bother buying equipment if you get your tier 5 tank. Besides equipment are only used for HIGH tier battles (Tiers 5 ~ Tier 10).

As for the consumables,"Equip the Manual fire extinguisher,  First Aid kit, and the Repair kit. Only use these if you are able to take cover or retreat. If you get set on fire, a crew member dies or you lose a critical module(Suspension, Engine or Gun) immediately after you repaired it will wish you hadn't. So make sure you are in cover or able to escape enemy fire before use so you can dish out more damage" ,what she says is wrong because the 3 pack consumable  (fire extinguisher, First Aid kit and the Repair kit) has all the 3 important stuff. So bring a fire extinguisher, 3-pack consumable, and the repair kit. TO PROVE MY POINT I GOT THE KV-1 within 2 DAYS and i DIDNT play that much.

Cannon: Derp cannon or HE cannon (called the same thing)

AstrologicalPhenomena98 #6 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5429 battles
  • [KAWAI]

View PostXiaolongPan, on 25 July 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

Well if you are ripped to shreds in front line than you don't play properly, because I ALWAYS scout ahead for my team.

You should NEVER use equipment for tier 4's because in 3 or 4 days you will have your tier 5 tank. Why bother buying equipment if you get your tier 5 tank. Besides equipment are only used for HIGH tier battles (Tiers 5 ~ Tier 10).

As for the consumables,"Equip the Manual fire extinguisher,  First Aid kit, and the Repair kit. Only use these if you are able to take cover or retreat. If you get set on fire, a crew member dies or you lose a critical module(Suspension, Engine or Gun) immediately after you repaired it will wish you hadn't. So make sure you are in cover or able to escape enemy fire before use so you can dish out more damage" ,what she says is wrong because the 3 pack consumable  (fire extinguisher, First Aid kit and the Repair kit) has all the 3 important stuff. So bring a fire extinguisher, 3-pack consumable, and the repair kit. TO PROVE MY POINT I GOT THE KV-1 within 2 DAYS and i DIDNT play that much.

Thanks for constructive criticism. Although you may use the T-28 effectively, many do not and aren't that good playing it. This guide is targeted toward them. Also, Ive seen many "scouts". Most rush in and die before their allies are set up in a position where they can fire upon the enemy thus a waste of a tank that could have been very useful.

EPICANDY0131 #7 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

View PostXiaolongPan, on 25 July 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Please don't use the derp gun.

And who's guide is it???

Please start your own thread if you would like to create a guide.

EPICANDY0131[FLYNT]: IS-8; T-54; T32; Tiger II; KV-1S; M4A2E4; T82; M3 Light; T18; BT-2; +2 slots

Recruiter & Trainer of Flyinite

~PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN!!!~

(post stats please)

AstrologicalPhenomena98 #8 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5429 battles
  • [KAWAI]

View PostTank_girl24, on 25 July 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

Thanks for constructive criticism. Although you may use the T-28 effectively, many do not and aren't that good playing it. This guide is targeted toward them. Also, Ive seen many "scouts". Most rush in and die before their allies are set up in a position where they can fire upon the enemy thus a waste of a tank that could have been very useful.

Also i didn't recommend the All in 1 repair kit because of its downtime and expensiveness. This tank doesn't earn much credits and if you use the all in 1 it subtracts a great deal of credits from your battle profit.

Naturemagic #9 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3320 battles

There alread a guide on the t28 

and also it has 180 mm pen with gold so t could pen the e100 from the sides or from the front with a high roll or is it low enough to get under its lower Glase to undo the angle

XiaolongPan #10 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2809 battles

View PostTank_girl24, on 25 July 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

Also i didn't recommend the All in 1 repair kit because of its downtime and expensiveness. This tank doesn't earn much credits and if you use the all in 1 it subtracts a great deal of credits from your battle profit.

If you use it properly u can get at most 25 000 credits.

AstrologicalPhenomena98 #11 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5429 battles
  • [KAWAI]

View PostXiaolongPan, on 25 July 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

If you use it properly u can get at most 25 000 credits.

Again. This guide is for those who don't.

AstrologicalPhenomena98 #12 Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5429 battles
  • [KAWAI]

View PostNaturemagic, on 25 July 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

There alread a guide on the t28 

and also it has 180 mm pen with gold so t could pen the e100 from the sides or from the front with a high roll or is it low enough to get under its lower Glase to undo the angles

I think you're referring to the prototype.

The_Commander_ #13 Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13751 battles
  • [FILTH]
Playing my SU-85 with the 122mm M-30 howitzer, T-28s are my favorite enemy tank. I almost always one shot them, and nothing they do can stop my gun from penning. Plus they aren't a waste of a shot.

Closed Beta Tester

UnModernized #14 Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:43 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2165 battles
It's not too difficult of a grind to the amazing kv-1. But helps to know what you're driving, good guide +1

SergPotato #15 Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6892 battles
:trollface:

Proud member of the 501st Clan [501st Reserve] <(owo)

Blitz Blog : BlitzWithSerg

charlie9797 #16 Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5703 battles
Wish all players knew ap shells don't do damage when they can't pen...

T2 Light =  T34T18 = T82 = M36 Jackson = Pz.38(t) nA = Tiger (P)  = E50=  E75 = Jagdtiger M3 Lend Lease = T-44 Cromwell

Tier Xs - E100

wow

Aivris #17 Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]

View Postcharlie9797, on 26 July 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Wish all players knew ap shells don't do damage when they can't pen...

I agree...yet I also wish that some players would stop using HE as standard ammo for AP guns...

siouxinpa #18 Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3096 battles
Thanks for the guide, just researched this tank today! +1

= Proud signer of the Community Pledge =

AstrologicalPhenomena98 #19 Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5429 battles
  • [KAWAI]
New guide coming soon.