aim reticle jumping

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

bcurry1010 #1 Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9645 battles
  • [SDMF]

Ok, so I've been having this issue for quite some time but I have been ignoring it assuming it was my problem/fault.

Well I can't ignore it anymore, so far it has caused me dozens of misses/or missed opportunities.

So when I am in sniper mode and am aiming at a target, if I am near a building or dead tank and i get too close to either the aim reticle jumps off target and "sticks" on the building or tank.  I have to aim far away from the building or dead tank to get the reticle to get "un-stuck" from the object and get back on the tank.

I run my setup with auto-aim off.

this glitch is annoying and I would hope WG can fix this.

Spoiler

Putins_Chariot #2 Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:18 AM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22247 battles
Not a bug, just something to overlook. It comes if you are aiming too close to a surface. Put a laser pointer on the ground, the spot turns into a line... KINDA same thing here. System doesnt know what to aim at

_PandAmanda #3 Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:19 AM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 28488 battles
  • [PURPL]
I usually run aracde, and I don't get anything, it might be Becuase of the way the gun works when facing a building, it will always point up, so it can't hit a building (You can avoid this by going into sniper) so I recommend you going into sniper, or forcing your gun to point down.

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

bcurry1010 #4 Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9645 battles
  • [SDMF]

View Post_1204_, on 18 July 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

Not a bug, just something to overlook. It comes if you are aiming too close to a surface. Put a laser pointer on the ground, the spot turns into a line... KINDA same thing here. System doesnt know what to aim at

thanks for the input but, I thought that was the whole point of turning OFF autoaim, the system doesn't decide where to aim, my finger does?

View PostBronyman50, on 18 July 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

I usually run aracde, and I don't get anything, it might be Becuase of the way the gun works when facing a building, it will always point up, so it can't hit a building (You can avoid this by going into sniper) so I recommend you going into sniper, or forcing your gun to point down.

thanks for the input, I have seen the issue with the gun jumping into the air while near buildings, however if you refer to my post I am in sniper mode while this is happening and it happens with buildings, dead tanks and rocks.

_TheBull_ #5 Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14784 battles
I've just noticed this same problem in my T29 since the 1.11 update.  I've never had this happen before.  Same thin.... If there's a dead tank near by and the enemy moves, my reticle goes haywire when zoomed in.  The image actually distorted once where half image flipped upside down.  Like a piece of paper twisted in the middle.  It's obviously a glitch and its new for me.  I was playing on iPad 2 (not air) with iOS 8.3 and version 1.11 of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users