Noob newbie grind grinding

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Lephturn #21 Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
Hmmm I might have to pick that SU-100Y up for credit grinding.  Also I am grinding my DW2 and I hate HATE seeing Hetzers - those things are very tough to deal with for me right now and I've been one or two shot by them over and over. It would be nice to dole out some payback!

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

putnamJavi #22 Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View PostLephturn, on 07 August 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Hmmm I might have to pick that SU-100Y up for credit grinding.  Also I am grinding my DW2 and I hate HATE seeing Hetzers - those things are very tough to deal with for me right now and I've been one or two shot by them over and over. It would be nice to dole out some payback!

As stated in a separate topic, you'll one shot Hetzers every time.  

jtemple507 #23 Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8582 battles

View PostEPICANDY0131, on 27 July 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I have enough credits to always start with a 75% crew.

I NEVER play a tank less than 75% crew. If I don't have enough silver, I play the tanks I do well in to get that silver faster.

Grinding Modules (order of research plan): ST-I (engine)SU-100 (guns, tracks, SU-100M1)

Grinding XP For Next Tier: T32 (108.8k of 169k)Centurion I (123.4k of 165k)VK2801 (24.5k of 50.8k)

Premiums/Keeper Tanks: IS-6, Panzer IV Anko SPType 59

Grinding credits for: IS-8T-54E75T28 Proto

someguyfromPitt #24 Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 49438 battles
  • [III]

Here is another thing that I didn't believe in till I used it, premium account time.  

Since I wanted one tier 10 tank, I have planned to play 2 days a week for 2/3 hours those days. If I can get an hour in with premium and play 9 matches an hour, I average 121,500 credits per hour vs 92,000 at tier five. At tier 9 I was making over 200,000 credits per hour on premium vs 115,000 credits on a standard account. In one day, I noticed that I didn't lose credits at all on tier 9 premium when I had a bad game because 800 damage and 2 spotted enemies netted a profit on premium account at tier 9f my tank was destroyed. I have to score 1600 damage and spot 2 enemies to make a profit in credits on a standard tier 9 account if destroyed. Losses were easier to stomach and it made all my tanks into premium credit earners.

While premium time costs gold, you start with 250 gold, enough to have one day of premium. There are contests on here where you can earn 1000 or more in free gold. Premium time is the best spent gold to supercharge credit grinding, but only use it if you have several hours that day to play. Maximize your premium time, only pay when you can really play. It will move you on up the tiers faster than you can say SU-100Y. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

Bruder #25 Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 50854 battles
  • [III-R]
I won't take a new tank out of the garage unless its' crew is 75%.  Equipment: at the very minimum, gun rammer.  Hopefully I've earned enough free credits to upgrade turret, engine and tracks, in that order.  Consumables: multiple fire ext & crew heal, gear/track fix, and reloader.  I want to give the new tank a chance to win out there.  Keep the grind as painless as I can.  I just keep using the previous tank to grind credits and free exp.  I also use my Hetzer to get credits.  A little slower accumulating credits with the Hetzer, but one shots get good damage rates with it, which equates to more credits.

TheHDYoutuber #26 Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:32 AM

Private

• Players
  • 7019 battles
  • [RHIN0]
Wow lol that was funny about the waggling the turrent back and firth, don't know how many times i did that.

americanhellcat #27 Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7286 battles
  • [T2FTW]
i remember being a noob. i got banned for 24 hours for team killing my first day.

LINES: M48 patton 

M103

ch-ri

comet 

herbie424 #28 Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13077 battles
  • [GZR]
Very good post.  I would like your opinion on this topic:  I have some gold.  Should I save it to buy Premium tanks, high dollar ammo, or convert it to Experience and continue on the TechTree that way?  Some of the players say that Premium tanks are not very good; others say to never sell a Premium tank.  Your thoughts, please and thank you again for the post.

_TheMessiah #29 Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22902 battles
Revive.:tongue:

OperationOstracis #30 Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8359 battles

View Postherbie424, on 19 November 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Very good post.  I would like your opinion on this topic:  I have some gold.  Should I save it to buy Premium tanks, high dollar ammo, or convert it to Experience and continue on the TechTree that way?  Some of the players say that Premium tanks are not very good; others say to never sell a Premium tank.  Your thoughts, please and thank you again for the post.

Never sell a premium tank.

If you have <1500 gold, you should probably convert to free exp.

For(u)mer Englisher.

Lephturn #31 Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
If you had some gold get premium time. If you can't get much premium time or already have it, get a premium tank. Premium tanks are great credit earners.

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

TheBigHarryBear #32 Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28781 battles
  • [CAVE]

I'm sure everyone here knows the math but this url really explains to noobs the reason vets scream "STAY TOGETHER!" Thought I'd share.......

http://forum.worldof...y-tank-matters/

Edited by TheBigHarryBear, 20 November 2014 - 03:37 AM.

Lephturn #33 Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
The trick is to stay close enough to support but not too close... don't be a lemming.

BogaWill #34 Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:46 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8011 battles
Great Guide man and certainly useful, even for those who are not noobs!

RoboWarriorSr #35 Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20449 battles
  • [ZOOM]
I never seem to have credit issues. Granted I almost never spam gold (recently started to load a few on novelty tanks, like 1 gold AP on KV2 for giggles and to ruin one person's day and HEAT on SU-152), load equipments (except on the free premium tanks Wargaming gives out and KV2) or use consumables at all (almost thought about it when using my panther due to ammo racks then started using the short 8,8 which helped a lot). Seem to always have enough credits to buy new tanks and train crews to 75% on tier VII and higher (earlier tiers seem easy enough to get 100% crew without much difficulty). Now just use my KV2 as a fun credit grinder. Granted I'm just playing the game for fun rather than being competitive or hurrying to tier X.

ComradePike #36 Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10781 battles
  • [SRT]

Nice guide and thanks for taking the time to write it.   Here's what I'd add or suggest as edits:

1.  Never, never, never take a tank out with 50% crew.  You are absolutely tying one hand behind your back doing this.  The truth is totally opposite of what the OP says....in an unfamiliar tank you need every possible advantage you can get....by going 50% crew you've made a tough situation so much worse.  Anyone will tell you that fully trained tanks often times feel almost totally different.  And the logic that you have more credits to grind exp with is totally flawed...the performance of your tank is going to suffer which means far less credits.....and the simple fact is the time it takes to get the credits for 75% crew is a fraction of the time involved to go from 50% to 75%. To this end, I'm at the other extreme...I pay the gold and go straight to 100%.  My time is precious and I like to win...I'll gladly pay for that better experience.  I realize that isn't an option for everyone...so go for the 75% and don't play a tank until you've got the credits to do that. The OP mentions using rations/etc until he gets the experience level up...for what that costs over the time you'd spend getting your crew xp up, you could spend the silver to get 75% crew and end up much better off for it. Assuming that you're not free xp'ing modules...a stock tank with 50% crew is going to be a big liability on your team, not much fun and extremely hard to grind successfully.  I think this is the single most important thing that needs to be included/changed in the OP...can say that strongly enough to any new player who has made it this far in the thread.  Seriously...this is really detrimental advice for new players.

1b.  Something not mentioned in the OP but critical to the topic is this:  Conserving your health = huge credit upgrade.  Taking damage means costly repairs...and that can kill your profit margin.  If you go the 50% crew route...you're almost certainly setting yourself up to take more damage than you would otherwise, since mobility can be greatly impaired by an untrained crew.

2.  The IS6, especially for someone with 1000-2000 battles or more, is all you need to make money, win games, learn and most importantly have fun.  I understand where the OP is coming from on not wanting noobs to get over their heads early, and agree....but I got my IS6 at about 1,500 battles and never looked back.  It's taught me alot, made me a ton of money and my stats are terrific in it.  Very forgiving tank.  I like my T34, Panther M/10, AT15a, etc etc etc but at the end of the day, especially if I'm solo, I'm in the IS6.

3.  No prammo...it's simply never a good idea to roll into battle without every necessary tool for the job.  I applaud the idea of being smart...you're totally correct to look for other options besides just tossing prammo.  Along this line is a lesson I'm trying to learn---when to shoot HE instead of defaulting to AP/APCR all the time.  But over time stripping all the useful bits out of a tank (Adrenaline, Prammo, etc etc) is going to cost you more than help you.  You can still have self discipline...but you owe to yourself (and your team) to have all the tools ready to use when the need arises.

4.  If you simply refuse to buy a premium tank (and really...you shouldn't) then you need to use this sheet, courtesy of forumer MLoomis, to find your credit grinder:

http://forum.wotblit...l-tanks-tier-5/

Just look for the tanks with the best earning ratios.

4a.  But really...don't skip a premium tank.  For the cost of a few Starbucks coffees you can get a tank that, if played to the averages, would earn you $40,000,000 credits in 1,000 - 1,500 battles.   (Referring to the IS6 here).  It's more if you go with the T34, but frankly it's not as fun to drive and harder since you're seeing Tier X.   The IS6 is the single greatest investment you can make in this game.

4b.  And if you have aspirations of playing at Tier X, you're going to need a serious source of credits to finance the venture.  It will cost you north of $8.5M to buy and outfit a Tier X.  One bad game can run you upwards of $30k credits (or more).  That money is hard to recoup playing a non-premium account with non-premium tanks.  This is a free game, but it's not designed as such to be enjoyed that way.  Yes, I know some do it...and God bless them...but I'd almost guarantee that the vast majority of players who have enjoyed this game the longest and not burned out are the folks who invested in at least some premium time and at least one premium tank.  

Sorry for the super long post....and despite all the back seat driving here I do think the inital guide was good and I applaud the effort!  

Prywid #37 Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8151 battles
  • [III-X]
+1. Nice economics for those who cannot afford buy gold and premium time.

JamesNGAgwapO #38 Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:26 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3136 battles

awesome guide

elsa3732 #39 Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 22911 battles
  • [BSB]

Hi I have a WOT blitz account but I can't open games with it. It always wants to start a new account. Any help?

richdubz #40 Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17323 battles
  • [AJAX]
Maybe I misunderztood, but you're no longer stocking consumablez?  Even if they no longer impact how fast your crew gets up to 100%, don't they continue to impact how quickly your crew learns skills?  I think they still help training, but I'd love to start saving those credits if what you're saying is true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users