• Please log in to reply
4945 replies to this topic

SineDie9 #1281 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24696 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostputnamJavi, on 11 September 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Clan wars is still a way off so there's no pressure concerning any time commitments.  I myself have a toddler and my wife has a bun in the oven so believe me when I tell you it's not easy as I'm sure others can agree.  What we do know is that regardless of our circumstances, we still find time to log in and check the forums, play the game and occasionally platoon with others.  We have an association of like minded individuals who are all equals here.  That's what this clan is about, camaraderie and equality.  A group whom when you do have time to log in will gladly platoon with you if thats what you want.  People from whom you can learn from and who will learn from you.  A group with the resources and tools to enhance your gaming experience if you so choose to.  At the very least, a group of individuals whom you can gripe to concerning the horrible game you just had.  

I appreciate your observations.  It sounds like fun to me.  When is clan wars coming?

earthlysaint #1282 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2847 battles

View PostENO75, on 11 September 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

Going to throw in a few announcements here to keep people appraised of the direction this merry little band is heading. 

To be blunt as I have been before- I never expected any of this... I wanted to come in- find a few folks to play with on TS3 and maybe get tired of it after a few weeks. Then as luck would have it, there were more than a few... And they weren't just gaming enthusiasts who downloaded the same free app that I did- These were good, upstanding people... LOTS of them as it turned out. 

From the very beginning the discussions we've had involving the whole "Clan" ideology were very specific: We want to be competitive as a group, but the "feel" of the group needs to be preserved. Or at least that aspect of it needs to be maintained. One thing I truly respect about so many of you guys in here is that you've EARNED some time to yourself to dabble away on these little adventures. Paid your dues and have families, jobs (or retired from them)... other hobbies and pursuits and some darned good experiences that make you the people you are today. I respect that in all of you... and I think it takes that connection just a wee bit further and adds to the immersion for me. 

We are also getting big enough that it might be time to start figuring out ways to identify those who want to start working at refining coordination and communication a bit for when competitive clan wars are upon us, and those who are content to just keep it on max-relax. And there will be a third group I envision will want to sway at anchor a bit as their circumstances change. Perhaps EVERYONE wants to be able to move back and forth? I guess we'll see. 

Anyway- a big reason I'm elaborating on this a bit is that this has become something I didn't expect and I had no real plan either way. But from what I'm gathering from the variety of conversations I've had with many of you is that many are open to the clan concept with "some" structure- many are also equally insistent that we maintain our casual dispositions or at least respect the laid back mentality. Please know that I do hope to give everyone (who wants to be heard) an opportunity to weigh in and nothing is off the table at this point. 

We are talking about it... so if you have any additional thoughts please share them either in here, TS3 or send me an IM! 

More in a bit but I have to run for shift change! 

Add me into the competitive group!

My Garage:

M3 Lee * T-34 * Panther * JagdTiger * IS-7 * T-127 * Pz. Kpfw. B2 740 * SU-100Y * T34 *T26E4

tcamp48 #1283 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 93654 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostStratman49_2014, on 10 September 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

Hi fellow Triarii Clan,

Due to the fact that I had a Wargaming account prior to downloading and installing WOT Blitz, you may have recently seen posts by me under Stratman49. Stupid me, when I created my account for WOT Blitz, I used Gamecenter and tried to use Stratman49 and the system wouldn't let me. So instead I created a username Stratman49_2014 as of course, Stratman49 was already taken! ( by me!).

I contacted Wargaming support and asked them to fix this but all they could offer me was the chance to change my username and pay them 2500 gold! I'm already paying them to play this game! Crazy!

Long story short, if you look for me in battle, I will be under Stratman49_2014!

Tally Ho!

Stratman49(_2014)

Onward and forward! Once more unto the breach and light em' up! :) 

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

tcamp48 #1284 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 93654 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostputnamJavi, on 11 September 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Clan wars is still a way off so there's no pressure concerning any time commitments.  I myself have a toddler and my wife has a bun in the oven so believe me when I tell you it's not easy as I'm sure others can agree.  What we do know is that regardless of our circumstances, we still find time to log in and check the forums, play the game and occasionally platoon with others.  We have an association of like minded individuals who are all equals here.  That's what this clan is about, camaraderie and equality.  A group whom when you do have time to log in will gladly platoon with you if thats what you want.  People from whom you can learn from and who will learn from you.  A group with the resources and tools to enhance your gaming experience if you so choose to.  At the very least, a group of individuals whom you can gripe to concerning the horrible game you just had.  

This was helpful as I'm in the same boat with many of you, i.e. family, work, life issues etc, but I'd still love to part of a clan and be part of the camaraderie of it all. I, as well, am concerned about not being there for my Clan mates. 

Str8UpJack #1285 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15159 battles
  • [III-P]

For the time being I am able to record matches... but I do occasionally have problems with a bug where they can't be saved but I'm hoping someone from AirServer devs gives me some tips on avoiding that problem.  

I think recording matches is a great thing.  Obviously most matches aren't worth saving but there will be those matches where something went incredibly positive ( or not ;)  ) and it would be beneficial to study the game day tapes to analyze.  

To anyone getting a little anxious about this push towards getting more geared up for Clanwars... DON'T!!!  That is not what the core of this group is about and even those of us that really want to organize for clan wars have already stated we fully embrace the core reason this group is so tight and popular.. we like to have fun and leave the drama to the kiddies on the forums.   We all have lives and many have very busy lives ( not me ).   

I agree with Putnam that it might be time to start to establish small groups of us that are regularly on at the same time and play together several nights a week.  Many of us are starting to learn the others play styles pretty intimately.  Unfortunately, until they implement some type of training grounds mode there isn't much we can do except keep playing out games with the count in to attempt to get as many as possible into the same match.  Training Ground mode will be where we can get serious about scrimmaging and practicing specific tactics and devise plans on how we would handle maps and situations.  

For now, it's just good to see we have enough players that are ready to make the next step up the competitive ladder.  

iii forever!

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

tcamp48 #1286 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 93654 battles
  • [III-S]
I would humbly request to join the Triarii Clan. Is this a possibility? ...and whom would I approach?

putnamJavi #1287 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View PostSineDie9, on 11 September 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

I appreciate your observations.  It sounds like fun to me.  When is clan wars coming?

Sometime next year I believe.  

Guderian5266 #1288 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31803 battles
  • [III-S]

I am often playing later in the evening most weeknights, after kids go to bed and wife is falling asleep on the couch. I am east coast USA, usually around 9:30PM or 10PM for 6 or 8 games. Are any of you guys playing then?

Willing to platoon without TS3 for a bit? I have only tried a little platooning with Spekulatius so far, would like to try more. TS3 sounds fun but I would have to hole myself up somewhere. Have to figure that out. 

Community Pledge Signer

putnamJavi #1289 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View Posttcamp48, on 11 September 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

I would humbly request to join the Triarii Clan. Is this a possibility? ...and whom would I approach?

Of course Tcamp48!  Send ENO75 a message with your signature request.  Looking forward to tanking with you.  

putnamJavi #1290 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View PostGuderian5266, on 11 September 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

I am often playing later in the evening most weeknights, after kids go to bed and wife is falling asleep on the couch. I am east coast USA, usually around 9:30PM or 10PM for 6 or 8 games. Are any of you guys playing then?

Willing to platoon without TS3 for a bit? I have only tried a little platooning with Spekulatius so far, would like to try more. TS3 sounds fun but I would have to hole myself up somewhere. Have to figure that out. 

I'm down.  I'll look for you tonight.  

tcamp48 #1291 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 93654 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostGuderian5266, on 11 September 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

I'm also on the East coast, (FL), but I'm a little sketchy on platooning just yet. I can only play on my iPAd2. Is it only a PC thing?

LarsGarvey #1292 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9049 battles
  • [III-Z]

While we still have some time before Clan Wars—think I read that it was coming "sometime next year" and/or "after 1.5"—I don't think it's a bad idea to start planning for the future, especially as the Triarii have a few things going against us as a clan compared to the more youthful clans, namely jobs, families, young ones, other adult/time commitments like making dinners, cleaning up after dinners, helping with homework, getting a raccoon/"stinky cat" out of the attic/basement/pantry/larder/car/closet, paying bills/mortgages/rents/student loans (our own, sometimes our children's)/car payments (again, sometime our own, sometimes another's)/vet bills (someone has to get that "stinky cat" smell off Fido!), and so on. Basically, as many of us have learned, while being an adult is rad to the max, it's also often rad to the minimum.

And I agree with the people who feel that a few Triarii have definitely shown some serious leadership potential (and may/may not know who they are, but I think many of us do), so breaking out into divisions shouldn't be hard, especially if they are loose designations (for the moment) and somewhat porous. I also agree that breaking into divisions doesn't mean we only focus on that division, but that we continue to all play together, learn from one another, engage in gladiatorial combat, synchronize swim in our 127s (well, okay, maybe not all the time, but once in a while), talk shop, continue to heap praise on the greatest tank in blitz (yep, the T29, best tank to grace the digital face of this digital earth), and most importantly remain one united clan. (Because if we don't remain a united clan, this will only force me start frequently quoting from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar—and Othello would work here, too, and even sections of Much Ado About Nothing, and King Lear... whoa, do all of the Bard's plays feature betrayal?!—because I have a masters degree in English and can play that game all day!)

And I know RdWillson is working on "tank guides"/a playbook to use and share with the Triarii. I'll let him make more announcements about that. I'm also working on a "How to play American heavies"-type guide (probably from the T29 on, as my memories of the M6 down are somewhat blurry), which I'm hoping will incorporate lots of great hull down spots on maps, different routes to run (and pros/cons of doing this), how to play with a platoonmate, how to play solo (when you have zero control over what your teammates will do), etc. And if you have thoughts/suggestions/ideas/anything at all, let me know, and if you feel pretty good in a "German heavy," "Russian TD," etc., don't be shy about compiling some of your experiences and the hard knowledge gained from lots of trial and error, devastating failures, and thunderous successes. 

Community Pledge Signer

Current Tank Rotation:

M103 * T32 * T34 * T29 * SU-100Y * T-34

putnamJavi #1293 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View Posttcamp48, on 11 September 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

I'm also on the East coast, (FL), but I'm a little sketchy on platooning just yet. I can only play on my iPAd2. Is it only a PC thing?

No.  You can platoon on your Ipad.  The PC version is different than what we play in Blitz.  Add me and any other Triarii as a friend in game.  

Guderian5266 #1294 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31803 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostputnamJavi, on 11 September 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

I'm down.  I'll look for you tonight.  

Great. Oh, forgot to mention I am running Tier7 T20 medium, Tier6 VK36.01 and some Tier5's (SU-85 and VK30.01). Days away from the Tiger I. Does that work?

tcamp48 - nope, this is all ipad for the actual platoon setup. I saw someone post that TS3 could run off anything else with correct app (your ipad, a PC, etc.) as the TS3 server doesn't care.

Community Pledge Signer

putnamJavi #1295 Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View PostGuderian5266, on 11 September 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

Great. Oh, forgot to mention I am running Tier7 T20 medium, Tier6 VK36.01 and some Tier5's (SU-85 and VK30.01). Days away from the Tiger I. Does that work?

tcamp48 - nope, this is all ipad for the actual platoon setup. I saw someone post that TS3 could run off anything else with correct app (your ipad, a PC, etc.) as the TS3 server doesn't care.

Yes, fine by me.  I can do any Tier you prefer.  If you want, we can stick with T6 so you can get your Tiger.     

Guderian5266 #1296 Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31803 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostputnamJavi, on 11 September 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Yes, fine by me.  I can do any Tier you prefer.  If you want, we can stick with T6 so you can get your Tiger.     

Already have it researched, just need to grind some more credits, so it doesn't have to be the tier6 VK.  In fact tier6 continues to be a struggle for me (MM rules putting me at bottom tier a lot?). I actually do better at tier5 or tier7.

Maybe some of each.

Thanks, I'll look out for you guys.

Community Pledge Signer

tcamp48 #1297 Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 93654 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostputnamJavi, on 11 September 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Of course Tcamp48!  Send ENO75 a message with your signature request.  Looking forward to tanking with you.  

Thank you putnamJavi! Much appreciated, I'll do that now. :) I look forward to it!

tcamp48 #1298 Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 93654 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostLarsGarvey, on 11 September 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

While we still have some time before Clan Wars—think I read that it was coming "sometime next year" and/or "after 1.5"—I don't think it's a bad idea to start planning for the future, especially as the Triarii have a few things going against us as a clan compared to the more youthful clans, namely jobs, families, young ones, other adult/time commitments like making dinners, cleaning up after dinners, helping with homework, getting a raccoon/"stinky cat" out of the attic/basement/pantry/larder/car/closet, paying bills/mortgages/rents/student loans (our own, sometimes our children's)/car payments (again, sometime our own, sometimes another's)/vet bills (someone has to get that "stinky cat" smell off Fido!), and so on. Basically, as many of us have learned, while being an adult is rad to the max, it's also often rad to the minimum.

And I agree with the people who feel that a few Triarii have definitely shown some serious leadership potential (and may/may not know who they are, but I think many of us do), so breaking out into divisions shouldn't be hard, especially if they are loose designations (for the moment) and somewhat porous. I also agree that breaking into divisions doesn't mean we only focus on that division, but that we continue to all play together, learn from one another, engage in gladiatorial combat, synchronize swim in our 127s (well, okay, maybe not all the time, but once in a while), talk shop, continue to heap praise on the greatest tank in blitz (yep, the T29, best tank to grace the digital face of this digital earth), and most importantly remain one united clan. (Because if we don't remain a united clan, this will only force me start frequently quoting from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar—and Othello would work here, too, and even sections of Much Ado About Nothing, and King Lear... whoa, do all of the Bard's plays feature betrayal?!—because I have a masters degree in English and can play that game all day!)

And I know RdWillson is working on "tank guides"/a playbook to use and share with the Triarii. I'll let him make more announcements about that. I'm also working on a "How to play American heavies"-type guide (probably from the T29 on, as my memories of the M6 down are somewhat blurry), which I'm hoping will incorporate lots of great hull down spots on maps, different routes to run (and pros/cons of doing this), how to play with a platoonmate, how to play solo (when you have zero control over what your teammates will do), etc. And if you have thoughts/suggestions/ideas/anything at all, let me know, and if you feel pretty good in a "German heavy," "Russian TD," etc., don't be shy about compiling some of your experiences and the hard knowledge gained from lots of trial and error, devastating failures, and thunderous successes. 

Thanks Lars, this was good to read! ...and King Lear? Fictional character on the Battlefield?!? ;)

Stratman49_2014 #1299 Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7483 battles

Just a note of thanks to ENO75 for the work he has done here and for guiding the creation of Triarii Clan. Good vibe here and like many of you, I like the idea of more relaxed play but at the same time would like a perhaps the opportunity to work with like-minded clan members in a fight rather than just random players who might (or might not!), want to work tactically and cohesively. In my short time playing WOT Blitz, been in too many matches where the group I'm with has not coordination and runs off to all corners of the map. All it takes is just a bit of coordination by the red team and we all get slaughtered. Like many of you, if we could organize even a bit on the battlefield, that would make for much more rewarding game play. While I like the opportunity to rank up and work my way up to higher tanks/tiers, the most rewarding matches I've been in are the ones where we had a rough thrown together plan of action or when someone in the group took the lead and we were able to play/win strategically.

I like ENO's idea to create multiple sub-groups within Triarii that one could jump from group to group when the need and our respective available time allows. Keep the relaxed vibe but give members the opportunity to step up to more structure when they can afford to spend the time. Correct me ENO if I got it wrong here.

Lastly, ENO, as I like the idea of being a member of the clan, admittedly I have a lot to learn about the different tanks/tiers and fighting strategies but can't think of a better or more mature group than the guys here I would rather learn from!; It would be an honor to join Triarii Clan!

Proud signer of the community pledge

"We are not retreating -- we are advancing in another direction."

-General Douglas MacArthur

tcamp48 #1300 Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:27 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 93654 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostputnamJavi, on 11 September 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

No.  You can platoon on your Ipad.  The PC version is different than what we play in Blitz.  Add me and any other Triarii as a friend in game.  

Cool, that's great to hear. Knowledge is power as they say. :)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users