Old guys thread...

• Please log in to reply
4945 replies to this topic

Lephturn #4661 Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Nice post ENO - I'm always about winning. You want to explore, better get a fast med and kill the other team's mediums before they get you. :izmena:

The great news is that while the reds are busy typing about a truce, I am exploring the map and setting up to kill them. I like to let them know my stance on a "truce"  by putting a round through their hull.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Crazy_Jay76 #4662 Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13335 battles
39 here and would love to join! 

someguyfromPitt #4663 Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:34 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 53562 battles
  • [III-R]

Come to our site and fill out a form to get on....

http://triariiclan.iclanwebsites.com

Tanking in Blitz since July 2014

86 tanks in the garage, 23 premiums, 12 collectors, 18 tier X

The 30th member of Triarii, joined August 2014

RIP TankBoom Podcast

Manwolf100 #4664 Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5811 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Post_BigPops_, on 18 June 2015 - 02:37 AM, said:

Hi was just checking too see if their were any complaints about the latest update and saw this thread. Nice to see that I'm not the only old guy. I'm 51 and remember when pong was it for video games.

I rocked at pong......welcome!

-Community Pledge Signer-

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while

defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu

DAGR_4_1 #4665 Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:18 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12866 battles
  • [III-R]

Welcome pops, great bunch of guys here. 

I agree Eno, no truces,  I saw that the first time I was on the new map, all green said no. Has anyone figured out the best tactic yet? I have been on it maybe six times, three times thru the buildings with two epic fails, three times going around the bridges and finding firing lanes into buildings and  came out on top.  Cap has been a cemetery so far.    Are bugs fixed yet? Ran into invisible reds once, 

Spekulatius #4666 Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32625 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostDAGR_4_1, on 21 June 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

I agree Eno, no truces,  I saw that the first time I was on the new map, all green said no. Has anyone figured out the best tactic yet? I have been on it maybe six times, three times thru the buildings with two epic fails, three times going around the bridges and finding firing lanes into buildings and  came out on top.  Cap has been a cemetery so far.    Are bugs fixed yet? Ran into invisible reds once, 

I had bugs galore (mostly invisible red tanks) when playing the evening after the new update. Those seemed to have been on the server side, because the bugs disappeared without an update. I love the new map. Best move seems to be to set up a firing line with the entire team spread out around the cap and let the Reds come. I agree that going to cap is almost guaranteed a loss. I also had some good luck running a flank after most of the Reds were accounted for. I was able to get behind them in my fast T44 and put shots in them, then the red team got a animated by crossfire. The losses were mostly due to team cohesion or folks rushing cap. In one case, I could actually convince an IS to stay back (he got shot at running into the cap and would have died) and we were able to win the game letting the Reds come.

It really does not take Unicum level play to win most, if the team has a minimum of cohesion, but the latter is asking for a lot in pub games. Anyways, I like the new map!

Community pledge signer

brian_scooby #4667 Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27171 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

Nice post ENO75!!!  How much gold are you going to give for getting a "Jacques Cousteau" award?  lol …no, LOL

tlouie #4668 Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]
I'll be 43 this year, mind if I lurk here?

pgrass101 #4669 Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 41290 battles
  • [III-Z]
Lurk away, we're all more seasoned here

Manwolf100 #4670 Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5811 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Posttlouie, on 22 June 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

I'll be 43 this year, mind if I lurk here?

Welcome.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while

defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu

Looney999 #4671 Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6709 battles
  • [III-Z]

Haven't been in game much of late, busy with the Honey Do List. I am moving back to 2nd shift at the end of July, should align my schedule better for platooning in the future.

The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!

Lephturn #4672 Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostDAGR_4_1, on 21 June 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

I think the bugs were fixed within 2 days. I've run the map maybe 6 times, and been lucky enough to win all but one. I have started on the same side of the map every time strangely - port to my left and bridges/hills to my right. So far for me it's been roll slow heavy into the port area and slowly work angles and side scrapes moving toward cap. In mediums or fast heavies that are not top tier I've gone hunting in the hills by the bridges.

If you go flank to the bridges go fast. I've found the map is new enough that half the time much of the enemy team is naval gazing or considering options instead of moving and you can set up in a good hull down firing position with multiple lanes of fire before they get moving in force.

It's an interesting map so far, but one I have not learned all of yet.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Asiaticus #4673 Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles

View PostLephturn, on 22 June 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

I have started on the same side of the map every time strangely - port to my left and bridges/hills to my right.

I keep getting North spawn just about every time I've played the new map. It's very odd.

Radarralph #4674 Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
Well I have not been able to be on due to all the fun I am having with my water brake and ontop of that I get to go se the GI doc on the first so I get to start cleaning out the system this week.  I got to play one game Sat just so I could get my extra days Prem time.  Hi to all the new guys and hope you enjoy this thread.  Look forward to getting back to the game soon but it's going to be a long hot and gameless summer.  They say problems happen in threes I hope they whoever they are is wrong but so be it.

Community Pledge Signer

tcamp48 #4675 Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:54 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 74661 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostRadarralph, on 23 June 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

Well I have not been able to be on due to all the fun I am having with my water brake and ontop of that I get to go se the GI doc on the first so I get to start cleaning out the system this week.  I got to play one game Sat just so I could get my extra days Prem time.  Hi to all the new guys and hope you enjoy this thread.  Look forward to getting back to the game soon but it's going to be a long hot and gameless summer.  They say problems happen in threes I hope they whoever they are is wrong but so be it.

Do whatever you need to do my friend, we all have situations that demand our attention. Be well and I'll see you on the battlefield! 

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

NICKEL_AND_DIME #4676 Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 57110 battles
  • [III]
Tried registering for the Triarii forum, still pending admin approval.  Am I missing a step in the process?

_ENO_ #4677 Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

In our registration agreement- word for word: 

The Triarii Consilium Fum Duxs would like to welcome you to the front door of our website!

(A QUICK NOTE ABOUT APPROVAL
You've knocked on the door- now give us some time to answer. Do we know who you are? If there is some delay in the approval process it could be that we're looking through our peephole at you to see if we should let you in. Generally that peephole takes the shape of our Old Guy's Thread in the WG forums. If you haven't reached out to us there... then there's a pretty good chance we're not going to reach out to you here. )

IF YOU HAVE BEEN DENIED or NOT APPROVED: 

We have transitioned to Invitation Only so if you have been denied it is likely because you registered without an invitation or perhaps some miscommunication on our end. Please approach us in the WG forums via PM if you feel there has been some mistake. If you're interested in being a full patch member, keep playing your heart out. Join us on TS3 and participate... If you're the right fit, you'll get the invite.

As a registered member of the Triarii Clan Website, you are agreeing to abide by the following fundamental rules enforced by the Consilium Fum Duxs: 

1) Don't be a jerk
2) Keep it clean

Forum posts will be moderated by the Consilium as well as other chosen members to ensure that the discussions are not offensive and stay on target. We've kept the language respectable in the WG forums and we expect the same discretion from our membership. 

As a side note- going back through your contributions to this thread I haven't seen anything since April. 

NICKEL_AND_DIME #4678 Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 57110 battles
  • [III]
Thanks ENO, sent you a PM to explain.

Manwolf100 #4679 Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5811 battles
  • [III-Z]
Welcome Cameronians.