4945 replies to this topic

raysheen #4841 Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23131 battles
  • [III]

View Postkanoa_iron, on 15 July 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

Any textile allergies?

Come this way sir, 2nd door to the left.

...and I read that one in the voice of Captain Over from Airplane.

"Jimmy, do you like movies about gladiators?"

patman_ct #4842 Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30613 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postjohandelange, on 15 July 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

Well, I do put them on one at a time... :)

That could be my problem, I put them both on at the same time. :P

What_If_I_Won #4843 Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5523 battles
  • [III-Z]

OMG! This photo is like hearing that particular song that you can't get out if your mind, once you hear it. Please take it back!

As one of the newer Guest Members, I gave to say this group is certainly refreshing. I was looking for direction on how to improve my game and this group has stepped up and offers a multitude of options. 

I feel privileged to be a part of this group and want to wish a happy one year anniversary to everyone.

Thanks -- Ray

Str8UpJack #4844 Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15139 battles
  • [III-P]
Some really wonderful birthday wishes.. Oh that picture of Johan is just darling!!! 

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

DrFerd #4845 Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:41 PM

Certified BlitzWeather Forecaster

• Players
  • 40781 battles
  • [III-S]

Oh dear, I wandered back here.....

Happy Birthday OGT!

YouTube & Blog  https://ferdsquad.com 

Radarralph #4846 Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
for the last two updates I no longer get any sound when loging into my game. Sound doesn't happen untill I get into a battel. so when Loging in it is silent as it comes up and tells me that it is finding me and puts me in my garage.  Is this the same for you guys or am I missing something?

Community Pledge Signer

Ammo #4847 Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

• Players
  • 30460 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostRadarralph, on 17 July 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

for the last two updates I no longer get any sound when loging into my game. Sound doesn't happen untill I get into a battel. so when Loging in it is silent as it comes up and tells me that it is finding me and puts me in my garage.  Is this the same for you guys or am I missing something?

I don't know if this will help but in my case, Bluetooth headphones, it became flakey with iOS 8.4, not WOTB 1.10.  I sometimes have to turn off and back on the Bluetooth connection to hear sound from the garage to battlefield.

As seen in game chat "ammo sux"

Blitz Community Coalition

patman_ct #4848 Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30613 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostRadarralph, on 17 July 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

I have an iPad Air with iOS 8.4 and WOTB 1.11 and I have sound from the login screen (wargaming.net)  on in.  What device are you using?  Is the OS up to date on it?  I would look at those issues first.

One issue I'm having with 1.11 is the friends list and platoon function don't seem to work properly.  I know someone is online because I'm speaking with them over teamspeak, but their online indicator in the friends list is red and when you look at their profile it says offline.  Also, it seems to be hit or miss on platoon requests going through.  I'd rather have the sound issue :P

What_If_I_Won #4849 Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5523 battles
  • [III-Z]

BView Postpatman_ct, on 17 July 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

I have an iPad Air with iOS 8.4 and WOTB 1.11 and I have sound from the login screen (wargaming.net)  on in.  What device are you using?  Is the OS up to date on it?  I would look at those issues first.

One issue I'm having with 1.11 is the friends list and platoon function don't seem to work properly.  I know someone is online because I'm speaking with them over teamspeak, but their online indicator in the friends list is red and when you look at their profile it says offline.  Also, it seems to be hit or miss on platoon requests going through.  I'd rather have the sound issue :P

I'm using the exact same device and have no sound issues. BTW, what brand headset are you using for TeamSpeak?

WouldChip #4850 Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

Mortem Fiat Vobis

• Players
  • 40312 battles
  • [III]

View PostRadarralph, on 17 July 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Had the same issue before the last update. This one cleared it up for me but had only affected me for about a week before the update rolled out. Seems like it is probably an issue with some sound files on the device. I would try a hard reset first (hold home and power button in until it restarts) and if that doesn't do it, then delete and re-install the app with a restart between steps. Let us know if it helps.

{¡¡¡}   Community Pledge Signer   {¡¡¡}

YouTube Channel

BlitzStars Profile

patman_ct #4851 Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30613 battles
  • [III-S]

A relatively inexpensive set of Skullcady earbuds.  I just got Teamspeak up and running on Wednesday (what an awesome experience my first Triarii Gladiator night was!) and now have to get serious about a better headset.  By the way, I don't run Teamspeak on my iPad.  Per recommendations, I run it on a different device.  I use my iPhone 5S with no issues and great sound quality.  I leave the earbud with the microphone in one ear and nothing in the other so I can hear the game sounds from the iPad.  Hope this helps.

What_If_I_Won #4852 Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5523 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Postpatman_ct, on 17 July 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

A relatively inexpensive set of Skullcady earbuds.  I just got Teamspeak up and running on Wednesday (what an awesome experience my first Triarii Gladiator night was!) and now have to get serious about a better headset.  By the way, I don't run Teamspeak on my iPad.  Per recommendations, I run it on a different device.  I use my iPhone 5S with no issues and great sound quality.  I leave the earbud with the microphone in one ear and nothing in the other so I can hear the game sounds from the iPad.  Hope this helps.

This absolutely helps! Thanks for the iPhone suggestion.

tater_WOT #4853 Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 78820 battles
  • [III-P]
Woo hoo ! I finally made it! 50% WR! I know to some of you that isn't a big deal but it's been a long hard grind. Thanks to everyone on the forums that has posted such great info. And Lephturn and Lokeen for the great podcast and the guys that had the patience to platoon with me. Sounds like a award speech, sorry. I've been playing over a year now and spent a lot of time in noobville a lot longer than than I should have LOL  anyway thanks again see you out there! Hopefully I don't go backwards!

DAGR_4_1 #4854 Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12866 battles
  • [III-R]
Great job tater, keep going. 

_ENO_ #4855 Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

View Posttater_WOT, on 17 July 2015 - 09:30 PM, said:

Woo hoo ! I finally made it! 50% WR! I know to some of you that isn't a big deal but it's been a long hard grind. Thanks to everyone on the forums that has posted such great info. And Lephturn and Lokeen for the great podcast and the guys that had the patience to platoon with me. Sounds like a award speech, sorry. I've been playing over a year now and spent a lot of time in noobville a lot longer than than I should have LOL anyway thanks again see you out there! Hopefully I don't go backwards!

Tater... when you're pushing 16000 games that grind has just got to be excruciating- but you made it! That upwards trend is a good indication that you've learned how to apply game mechanics to your advantage, may have loosened your grip on conventional tactics in game and learned to adapt to what the situation / scenario called for as well as identified the strengths of the vehicles you're driving and playing to maximize them. Glad our guys had something to do with it!

I think everyone in our membership has experienced an occasional droop in stats so don't worry about that- I mean if we all only ever got better then it wouldn't make the journey very exciting.  

Bricktop13 #4856 Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22662 battles
  • [PF]
I'm 37.

Grass_Hopper #4857 Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11835 battles
  • [III-X]

View Posttater_WOT, on 17 July 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

Woo hoo ! I finally made it! 50% WR! I know to some of you that isn't a big deal but it's been a long hard grind. Thanks to everyone on the forums that has posted such great info. And Lephturn and Lokeen for the great podcast and the guys that had the patience to platoon with me. Sounds like a award speech, sorry. I've been playing over a year now and spent a lot of time in noobville a lot longer than than I should have LOL anyway thanks again see you out there! Hopefully I don't go backwards!

Congrats Tater!  It's not a speech it's a sharing of a pivotal moment and we love it!  Many of us solo'd for 5k-10k battles and paid the price...I took a screenshot of the battle when I hit 50% as it was an important milestone for me.  You found the right group of people to help you get to 55%, then 60%!  Set your goals and we'll work together to achieve them!

Blitz Bootcamp

YouTubeChannel:

Committed to Improving Gameplay, One Tanker at a Time

Grass_Hopper Productions Beginner Video Training

tater_WOT #4858 Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 78820 battles
  • [III-P]
Thanks guys! Yeah I guess I need to start thinking about 55% I should at least have a WR close to my age Lol!

usrbinperl #4859 Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9214 battles

Hi all, just another old guy introducing himself. Mid 40s, software engineer so I spend a lot of time online. I've been playing on and off for about a year and only recently began to rehabilitate myself from potato status :)

I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've platooned, so I'm brand new to that aspect of the game. I travel a lot so the podcast has been a great resource/way to pass the time on a plane. Anyhow, I've been lurking your thread for a while now so I just thought I'd say hello, and thanks for all the great content you guys contribute. Hope to see some of you in game.

Radarralph #4860 Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks guys for the suggestions on my sound issue I am sure it is my IPad but hard boot hasn't helped and I gues I can live without sound when the game boots up. AT least I get sound in game.  Hi new guys and forgive me but I am going to rant a little. Hope none of you are in the Insurance industry. but I am fit to be tied basement is still not done and the insurance rep  is arguing with the contractor about cause and wont pay what it is taking to get the job fixed.  Insurans is looking more and more like a scam they get your money but then don't want to pay out when there is a claim.  I could just curse or go postal but that wouldn't get the jog done.  It's been a month and 1/2 since our basment flooded and I still do not have things back in order. Now I have family comming this week and no place to put them.  It never rains but it pours.

Enjoy Tanking and I will hope to see you when I get a chance to get on.  [iii]:bush:

Community Pledge Signer

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users