Old guys thread...

• Please log in to reply
4945 replies to this topic

bc8993 #4881 Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

Private

• Players
  • 25932 battles
  • [CO_ST]
I registered on the web site but has not been accepted by admin so cannot I cannot log in.  Did i miss a step? Did i need to post here first.  I am an old guy, i think.  Tired of language and attitude of what i can only hope are kids.  If true, they better hope they never have me as a teacher and expect to begave that way.

Toolan #4882 Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:58 PM

I still yolo

• Players
  • 57031 battles
  • [MRKVM]
Why did Thunder quit? Please dont ban me for asking WG.

DrLuigiPhd #4883 Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15961 battles
  • [III-S]

Hey guys I am new-ish just getting back into the game (I played in the beta and a little while after launch) and was kinda pointed here by Lokeen and Lephturn thru their tankboom podcast. 

Whats it take for an semi not so old "married" guy to get plugged in? I really would like some people to platoon with. 

If you wanna check my stats in game or send me a friend request my IGN in DrLuigiPhd

Lokeen #4884 Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38606 battles

View Postbc8993, on 23 July 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

I registered on the web site but has not been accepted by admin so cannot I cannot log in. Did i miss a step? Did i need to post here first. I am an old guy, i think. Tired of language and attitude of what i can only hope are kids. If true, they better hope they never have me as a teacher and expect to begave that way.

Guys are just busy with life stuff sorry for the delay. All messages for application are being addressed. 

DrLuigiPhd #4885 Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15961 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostLokeen, on 23 July 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

Guys are just busy with life stuff sorry for the delay. All messages for application are being addressed. 

Hey Lokeen how do I go about applying?

Lokeen #4886 Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38606 battles

View PostDrLuigiPhd, on 23 July 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

Hey guys I am new-ish just getting back into the game (I played in the beta and a little while after launch) and was kinda pointed here by Lokeen and Lephturn thru their tankboom podcast. 

Whats it take for an semi not so old "married" guy to get plugged in? I really would like some people to platoon with. 

If you wanna check my stats in game or send me a friend request my IGN in DrLuigiPhd

Just request registration to the website and someone will respond. Sorry if there's a bit of a delay.

Toolan #4887 Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

I still yolo

• Players
  • 57031 battles
  • [MRKVM]

View PostToolan, on 23 July 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

Why did Thunder quit? Please dont ban me for asking WG.

I'm sorry if i'm bringing up a sore subject, but I just want to say that when I first started to play this most excellent game, Thunder's videos and reviews were the first (and best) ones I came across. His videos are also how i found this forum, and this forum has helped get me out of the 40% club. Thank you Thunderthies, sorry to see you gone. 

Oncold #4888 Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10044 battles
  • [III-P]

Hi there
After a small chat with CptCheez I sent my application, not sure if i'm too old 50+ or too noob but i love strategy and tactics and playing in public games is frustrating although I only have a Pershing in my garage, i believe VIII is the smallest tier to get in right?

In any case, ill wait eagerly to know more and if possible join you in the battlefield so I can suicide for the cause!
Best
AA

Poutnik_ #4889 Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23813 battles
  • [III-R]
Cannot answer all you questions, but you are definitely not too old for this game (and thread). 

Radarralph #4890 Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
So I am on my way to work this morning and I hear this loud sound like a arge gas burner starting and low and behole I find a hot air baloon huvering over the house at about 200 feet.  I watch that for a bit and let the grand kids who are visiting know about it so they can see. Then I head for work and wow but there are over a dozen of the things all over the area.  Casper doesn't see that offen but on occasion we get some folks who jus got to get up in the air.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #4891 Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostToolan, on 23 July 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

I'm sorry if i'm bringing up a sore subject, but I just want to say that when I first started to play this most excellent game, Thunder's videos and reviews were the first (and best) ones I came across. His videos are also how i found this forum, and this forum has helped get me out of the 40% club. Thank you Thunderthies, sorry to see you gone.

The last I was aware he had taken time off for a short time. I had ont heard anything since so I do not know what is goind on Sorry.

Community Pledge Signer

Lephturn #4892 Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostToolan, on 23 July 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

It's not for me to share - but it was not because he got bored, or switched to another game, or got banned. It was not due to the game or the community. Thunder pops in to say hello once in a while, he is doing well and he knows he is missed.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Lephturn #4893 Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostOncold, on 23 July 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

Hi there
After a small chat with CptCheez I sent my application, not sure if i'm too old 50+ or too noob but i love strategy and tactics and playing in public games is frustrating although I only have a Pershing in my garage, i believe VIII is the smallest tier to get in right?

In any case, ill wait eagerly to know more and if possible join you in the battlefield so I can suicide for the cause!
Best
AA

Welcome!  LOL - there is no such thing as too old for this group! We also do not have any particular requirements as far as I know - you just have to be a good guy and want to have fun and learn. We're not about the stats, we're about the community.

Check out my podcast in my signature below. Listen to episodes 6 and 12 for details on Triarii, our history, and the application process!

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

tcamp48 #4894 Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:03 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 74632 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostOncold, on 23 July 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

Hi there

Best
AA

Welcome Oncold! Nice to see you posting on the forums with the rest of us elder statesman! :)

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

Grass_Hopper #4895 Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11835 battles
  • [III-X]
Oncold - the group does not have age restrictions (we're all mature folks from 30ish to 70ish), no tank restrictions (run Tier I if that's your pleasure) - just be a positive influence on the game and community (and have lots of fun with like-minded people).  See ya on the field!

Blitz Bootcamp

YouTubeChannel:

Committed to Improving Gameplay, One Tanker at a Time

Grass_Hopper Productions Beginner Video Training

Grass_Hopper #4896 Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:14 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11835 battles
  • [III-X]
Newbie Note #?:  all new Old Guy forum members, all guest members, all interested parties please listen to Lephturns "Tank Boom" Podcast Episode #12 for a great history of Triarii and its evolution.  The info comes from the founder (the backwards one) and the discussion runs from the clan's seminal moments, to the design of the logo, to the meaning of [¡¡¡].  Must hear information to understand what the Triarii represent and how it was started.

Blitz Bootcamp

YouTubeChannel:

Committed to Improving Gameplay, One Tanker at a Time

Grass_Hopper Productions Beginner Video Training

Oncold #4897 Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10044 battles
  • [III-P]

Thanks for the welcome, eager to join you on the fields but i believe i wasn't fast enough to activate my account although i did it before 24 hours

"Could not activate your account. You may have the wrong registration code or it could have expired. Please try registering again."
Ill try again.
Cheers

Radarralph #4898 Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
welcome new guys it is always good to see more of us helping drive information and improving the Forums See you in game when I get a chance to be there still working on Life issues not much tanking happening for the past Month????

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #4899 Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
Hey W_I_I_W I see that you freinded me thanks and when I get back in game I will try to look you up.  Worning though I haven't tooned very much and don't think I am very good at it.

Community Pledge Signer

Oncold #4900 Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10044 battles
  • [III-P]
Sorry to bother the community but not sure who to pest, I'm afraid I registered twice as I thought something went wrong, whoever administers the iClan website  may believe I'm spamming the account but nope. Just waiting I suppose now to be accepted.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users