Old guys thread...

• Please log in to reply
4945 replies to this topic

tcamp48 #4901 Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:05 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 58048 battles
  • [III-S]
Sometimes things like that happen online. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. :)

Grass_Hopper #4902 Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11784 battles
  • [III-X]
Oncold - it may take them a few days to get to everyone as many in the leadership have multiple roles they fill and are quite busy...wives, kids, careers, WOTB/Triarii events, etc. - but never fear they will get back to you.  In the meantime, log all our screen names into your WOTB Platoons and hit us up in-game so you can get familiarized with the people and we can get to know you.  You'll meet tons of guys and maybe kill a few future clan mates!

Blitz Bootcamp

YouTubeChannel:

Committed to Improving Gameplay, One Tanker at a Time

Grass_Hopper Productions Beginner Video Training

_ENO_ #4903 Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

As a side note- much better to reach out in here than in PM. Cold- I caught you there in the registration and approved one of your applications. I'll deny the other one but don't want you to get the wrong message. I'll let it hang for a bit so you get the message. We had that happen once before here and the guy got pretty upset about it. Fortunately he got so upset he applied with another group and I'm certain both sides are much better off. 

See ya on the other side. 

_Bulldogge #4904 Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19925 battles
  • [_V_]
This thread has been up for 363 days and people are still talking on it?

Edited by sureshot275, 26 July 2015 - 05:03 AM.

Heavy as a hurricane louder than a freight train

Ay yo B

Discord: _Bulldogge #9081

_ENO_ #4905 Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles
Barely a whisper compared to our own website but we like to keep a toe in the pool over here.

Radarralph #4906 Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postsureshot275, on 26 July 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

This thread has been up for 363 days and people are still talking on it?

Like Eno said just a wisper but we will continue. I think that us old guys have much to do with this game and hope to be in it for a long Long LONG time.

Community Pledge Signer

CptCheez #4907 Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostENO75, on 26 July 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

As a side note- much better to reach out in here than in PM. Cold- I caught you there in the registration and approved one of your applications. I'll deny the other one but don't want you to get the wrong message. I'll let it hang for a bit so you get the message. We had that happen once before here and the guy got pretty upset about it. Fortunately he got so upset he applied with another group and I'm certain both sides are much better off. 

See ya on the other side. 

No worries, ENO.  Oncold PM'd me here.  Str8 and I got him all fixed up.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Radarralph #4908 Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

Hey does anyone know or found out if all the clan will be able to display [iii] in game or is it limited to a certen number.

I have been seeing some things but nothing is letting me know if that is the case.

Any help?

Community Pledge Signer

Grass_Hopper #4909 Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:38 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11784 battles
  • [III-X]
RR - I was told the we can use the clan symbol at the start of a game to notify the players that we are involved with the group - even as a Guest Member or Probatio.  I do not use the symbol in my name as, IMHO, that is be something that I have to earn [and that I can look forward to] should I be granted full patch recognition.

Blitz Bootcamp

YouTubeChannel:

Committed to Improving Gameplay, One Tanker at a Time

Grass_Hopper Productions Beginner Video Training

What_If_I_Won #4910 Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5521 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostRadarralph, on 24 July 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Hey W_I_I_W I see that you freinded me thanks and when I get back in game I will try to look you up.  Worning though I haven't tooned very much and don't think I am very good at it.

Thanks! No worries in the tooning, I'm trying to raise my WR and good advice during gameplay is always welcome. I'm sure we'll find each other.

Thanks again -- Ray

_ENO_ #4911 Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

View PostRadarralph, on 27 July 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

Hey does anyone know or found out if all the clan will be able to display [iii] in game or is it limited to a certen number.

I have been seeing some things but nothing is letting me know if that is the case.

Any help?

We got approached by the mods here to reserve our clan name and symbol / tag. As it stands last I heard was we'd be restricted to capitol letters only. I've asked for the [iii] and they said they'd look into it. Kind of a big deal to me that we get to keep it. 

Cleaveland- as for the [iii] generally we look at it one of two ways... quite often guys who are involved with us might shout it out to acknowledge other full Triarii / recruits etc in the game... Most often it's full Triarii saluting another team in the room- possibly on red. 

Of course what you're saying about being able to OWN the tag... there are so many reasons that you're right- it is something that the guys are rightly proud of... We've got a great group of guys (and a gal) who play their hearts out on a daily basis. We've got a competitive side ramping up their skills for clan wars (whenever that's going to happen) as well as a casual side for guys who just want to keep it down low. 

Our current efforts are in distribution of responsibility across a broad spectrum of guys to help minimize work on any single person while still being able to address the many things that need tweaking. 

Warlord49 #4912 Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 59357 battles
  • [III-S]
Well I certainly hope that the use of the clan symbol will continue [¡¡¡] TRIARII [¡¡¡] is my in game shout out. It must survive

Str8UpJack #4913 Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15133 battles
  • [III-P]

I think Cheez hit the loop hole on the head in that we will use the "symbol" version.. they allow symbols correct?  ¡¡¡ is an alt character for the ! so it should get in.  If it doesn't then I guess we have to bribe Alo/CC to get it done ;).. 

5000 posts are just around the bend ;)

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

Radarralph #4914 Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostENO75, on 28 July 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

We got approached by the mods here to reserve our clan name and symbol / tag. As it stands last I heard was we'd be restricted to capitol letters only. I've asked for the [iii] and they said they'd look into it. Kind of a big deal to me that we get to keep it.

Cleaveland- as for the [iii] generally we look at it one of two ways... quite often guys who are involved with us might shout it out to acknowledge other full Triarii / recruits etc in the game... Most often it's full Triarii saluting another team in the room- possibly on red.

Of course what you're saying about being able to OWN the tag... there are so many reasons that you're right- it is something that the guys are rightly proud of... We've got a great group of guys (and a gal) who play their hearts out on a daily basis. We've got a competitive side ramping up their skills for clan wars (whenever that's going to happen) as well as a casual side for guys who just want to keep it down low. 

Our current efforts are in distribution of responsibility across a broad spectrum of guys to help minimize work on any single person while still being able to address the many things that need tweaking. 

Thanks for the info  ENO  it seems that it would be a simple thing to do iii but of course they have to work around their programers.

I gues we get to wait and see.

Thanks again.

Community Pledge Signer

chupachl #4915 Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:36 PM

Private

• Players
  • 17690 battles

Hey Folks,

So I just found out about this old guys clan!  My eyes lit up when i read about this because I think this is just what I'm looking for.  Started playing this about 9 months ago casually and then got serious about it six months ago.  But I've almost quit playing a few times due to lack of teamwork in these random games and frankly, the cr ap attitude of people on my own team.  I take the game seriously (even though it's just a game) and 85% of the games are just sad and maddening.  I've since found a few regular older guys to platoon with but Triarii seems to be the answer for me.  I think I'm a slightly above average player overall.  My best tank is the KV3 with a 65% win rate in 393 games and the T49 with a 62% WR in 447 games.  Oh and I'm gonna be 41 next month - old enough for this clan I think! ha!

I read that the open invite is now closed so should I still register at the clan site?  

Thanks in advance.

_ENO_ #4916 Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

Eh chupachl- go ahead and register on our site. That doesn't mean you're in the clan per set but does give you access to most of our activities. Also will expose you to our membership in the event you want to join. We are invitation only at this point and the last rumour I heard was that we may go on a freeze for "voting" to give our recruiters a rest. I'll keep my eye open for your registration and give you a few pointers once I see your application. 

SieurPersil #4917 Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Hello,

I really like the idea behind this clan and your philosophy. I have enough gray hair to fit in the higher tier of the age group although, it really is an optical illusion caused by the sun that makes my hair look gray. Would you permit me to register to your site to have a look around and interact with you folks ?

Salutations to a fine group

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

Radarralph #4918 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostSieurPersil, on 28 July 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

Hello,

I really like the idea behind this clan and your philosophy. I have enough gray hair to fit in the higher tier of the age group although, it really is an optical illusion caused by the sun that makes my hair look gray. Would you permit me to register to your site to have a look around and interact with you folks ?

Salutations to a fine group

welcome to the old guys Gray is just a light shade of black or brown. I told my wife the other day "if I had let her pull the gay when she first started seeing it I'd be bald by now.  Go to the sight and register one of the guys will get with you but be pationt.   Hope that is all spelled right I havet spelling errors you mix up two letters and your whole post is Urined.

Community Pledge Signer

Traceticles #4919 Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 36576 battles
  • [RNG]
Hello, Hoping I can join the ranks...

_Desslok_ #4920 Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23630 battles
  • [III-S]

Hello all - I just registered as a guest at your website.  I've appreciated the many contributions you guys make to the forums. 

FWIW, I'm in my mid-forties, with plenty of kids (both the two and four-legged variety) running around the house to keep me busy.   My kids introduced me to Blitz and even though they've largely moved on to other games ( a failure of my parenting, I'm sure!), I'm still hooked.

I've had the chance to get to know a few of you already and look forward to continuing that and meeting some more of you on your website.

Thanks and happy tanking!

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users