Old guys thread...

• Please log in to reply
4945 replies to this topic

BWK60 #4921 Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42489 battles
  • [III-Z]

Just registered on the Triarii site. I've pretty much only played solo, but I think it may be time to move on from that. Everything I've seen* of the Triarii has been impressive, and I would consider myself fortunate to be considered a guest of the clan.

I have signed the community pledge, and more than meet the age requirement. (Pretty much aced that element, in fact.)

Thanks!

*Or heard. Love the Tank Booms.

Edited by BWK60, 30 July 2015 - 08:46 PM.

Eire1916 #4922 Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17418 battles
  • [III-Z]
I'm around if anyone wants to try a toon. Just use (iii) if you msg me so I know to accept. 

Radarralph #4923 Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
A plethera of new old guys Hi guys just follow the dirtections ENO put down and someone will get with ya Good to see ya have fun we do.

Community Pledge Signer

SunnyBeach #4924 Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:30 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [III-Z]
I'm an old guy.  When Blitz came out I loaded it on my ipad and began having fun. Spent the summer grinding  to get higher tier tanks.   I took a break for about 6 months and picked it up again this spring. I am trying to work on my skill this time. I am slowly seeing my win rate go up. Some days are better than others. Also I am real excited about the clan feature that's coming. It would be nice to play with a group of tanks that are actually working together rather than the random team tactics of public games. 

Lephturn #4925 Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostTraceticals, on 29 July 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

Hello, Hoping I can join the ranks...

Hi and welcome! Register as a guest over at our clan site here: triariiclan.iclanwebsites.com

It might take a bit - but we'll get you approved. Post back here that you have registered on the site and we should get you approved. :)

View Post_Desslok_, on 30 July 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Hello all - I just registered as a guest at your website.  I've appreciated the many contributions you guys make to the forums. 

FWIW, I'm in my mid-forties, with plenty of kids (both the two and four-legged variety) running around the house to keep me busy.   My kids introduced me to Blitz and even though they've largely moved on to other games ( a failure of my parenting, I'm sure!), I'm still hooked.

I've had the chance to get to know a few of you already and look forward to continuing that and meeting some more of you on your website.

Thanks and happy tanking!

Hey Desslok! Thanks for your feedback and support of my podcast! We should get you all approved up eventually, sometimes it takes a few days. Some silly podcast has been promoting Triarii and getting us lots of new applicants. Oops! :trollface:

View PostBWK60, on 30 July 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Just registered on the Triarii site. I've pretty much only played solo, but I think it may be time to move on from that. Everything I've seen* of the Triarii has been impressive, and I would consider myself fortunate to be considered a guest of the clan.

I have signed the community pledge, and more than meet the age requirement. (Pretty much aced that element, in fact.)

Thanks!

*Or heard. Love the Tank Booms.

Welcome BWK60 - thanks for registering!

All of you please add me in game - let's platoon up soon!

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Parrott_Cannon #4926 Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40739 battles

Hello,

Glad to see some other gamers who've been around for a while. How long? Well, at least between 30 and 50 and somewhere in about there. I play blitz when I'm not succumbing to the masters(wife) wishes, and teaching my impressionable young one the importance of pixel reality. I've enjoyed reading what you place in value in regards towards others in the community. With summer winding to an end, hoping some stability will increase towards this aspect of the game. Looking forward to always meeting to some new people. 

usrbinperl #4927 Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9213 battles
Howdy guys, I registered on the website a couple of weeks ago, but it seems I'm still in limbo. Did I screw something up?:P

Manwolf100 #4928 Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5630 battles
  • [III-Z]
We will check it out. We sometimes lag a little behind processing Guests in!

-Community Pledge Signer-

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while

defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu

_ENO_ #4929 Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

Guys- 

We can't be much clearer through the process. Don't just dump your name in the registration pool then wait for a bit then come in here asking us what's up. It's in the agreement you acknowledge when you sign up. 

If we don't know you, or at least get some sort of background or chit chat, or our members haven't recommended you then you're not getting approved. 

Edited by ENO75, 03 August 2015 - 03:29 AM.

Radarralph #4930 Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostENO75, on 23 June 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

In our registration agreement- word for word:

The Triarii Consilium Fum Duxs would like to welcome you to the front door of our website!

(A QUICK NOTE ABOUT APPROVAL
You've knocked on the door- now give us some time to answer. Do we know who you are? If there is some delay in the approval process it could be that we're looking through our peephole at you to see if we should let you in. Generally that peephole takes the shape of our Old Guy's Thread in the WG forums. If you haven't reached out to us there... then there's a pretty good chance we're not going to reach out to you here. )

IF YOU HAVE BEEN DENIED or NOT APPROVED: 

We have transitioned to Invitation Only so if you have been denied it is likely because you registered without an invitation or perhaps some miscommunication on our end. Please approach us in the WG forums via PM if you feel there has been some mistake. If you're interested in being a full patch member, keep playing your heart out. Join us on TS3 and participate... If you're the right fit, you'll get the invite.

As a registered member of the Triarii Clan Website, you are agreeing to abide by the following fundamental rules enforced by the Consilium Fum Duxs: 

1) Don't be a jerk
2) Keep it clean

Forum posts will be moderated by the Consilium as well as other chosen members to ensure that the discussions are not offensive and stay on target. We've kept the language respectable in the WG forums and we expect the same discretion from our membership. 

As a side note- going back through your contributions to this thread I haven't seen anything since April.

This is waht ENO is refering to. We like having involvment with the iii but we also got to follow the rules See ya in the battelfield and Formus

Community Pledge Signer

dementian #4931 Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34932 battles
  • [SPUDX]

You know, just when you start thinking you are getting decent, you get humbled by someone who is much better.  I had an experience like that this weekend.  I ended up in a battle with Vanpeenen in an E50 platoon on the enemy team.  I was in my T54, so I thought "this will be interesting".  Well, our team had the upper hand when I end up in a dual with Vanpeenen.  Yeah, that didn't end well for me.  Anyway, makes me realize I have a ways to go.  I checked his stats on wotbstars and I guess it's fitting the the one keeping the "Ace mastery data" has aces in all but FOUR of the 80 tanks he has owned.

ricshy #4932 Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2560 battles

Hello all Triarii,

Just a note to say 'hi' and thanks for all you guys do for the game.  Always love listening to Tank Boom, and watching the Twitch broadcasts.   I've been more of a lurker because life doesn't afford me a whole lot of uninterrupted time, and thus usually only get to play 2-4 games at a time.  Obviously not much time for tooning (never done it...), but just enough time to enjoy the game ;).  Good to see a bunch of over 40 players, like myself, enjoying the game ;)

Tank safely,

Ricshy.

SunnyBeach #4933 Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [III-Z]
I am over 40 also. I enjoy playing Blitz when I get time and often play a few dozen games at a time.  I will continue playing when I am winning a few games. On the days I play 4 and lose them all, I just go watch Bushka, Ruckus, Jingles or listen to Tank Boom and try to see if I can force feed knowledge to my brain that will make me better. Then I try again.  I am obviously a noob and a moron since I am often called that during game play. I'm just looking to hook up with people that prefer to offer more constructive advice and play to enjoy the game.

_ENO_ #4934 Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles
Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's better! 

someguyfromPitt #4935 Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:11 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 45400 battles
  • [III-C]

Guys, my suggestion is to check out team speak 3. 

Its a a free app on a PC or a $5 download we use to talk. 

Its the best way to make a first impression and you can decide if you like Triarii. 

Id is suggest running a game on a tablet and using a PC or iPhone with headphones to talk. Best first way to meet yinz guys. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

Asiaticus #4936 Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles
  • [III-S]
Welcome to new guys expressing interest in Triarii. Feel free to send me a friend request and toon sometime.

dementian #4937 Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34932 battles
  • [SPUDX]

someguyfromPitt, is it best to run teamspeak on a PC/Mac vs on the device you are playing on?  Noticed the reviews for the iOS version are pretty poor (plus like you mentioned it is $5).

Oncold #4938 Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9791 battles
  • [III-P]

The app is poorly designed and the usability is very primitive but works well on my iPad Air, i found setting up a PC not very convenient when i'm playing in the sofa or bed. One recommendation is go to Settings to lower the general volume on WOTB so the sound effects of the game don't cover your conversation with other peers.

Another useful trick would be launching the Safari app open http://triariiclan.iclanwebsites.com and check on the left bottom column the "TeamSpeak 3 Status" so you can see who is logged in and what rooms are empty or full, a feature that is unavailable within the app.

Edited by Oncold, 04 August 2015 - 03:06 PM.

Asiaticus #4939 Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles
  • [III-S]
I have TS on my Mac and also on my tablet and phone. The preferred setup is playing on my tablet and running TS on the computer, with ear buds. That makes it easy to manage TS and see all of the different rooms that have been set up on the Triarii TS server without having to scroll up and down. If that is not practical because there are people doing stuff in the room the computer is in, I run TS on my phone and play on my tablet. That works well. Running TS on my tablet at the same time I play is awkward, but I have managed it when necessary. I use the ear buds that came with my iPhone, which work just fine.

Edited by Asiaticus, 04 August 2015 - 03:17 PM.

dementian #4940 Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34932 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Thanks for the input.  I will try that and see what works for me.  I haven't tried yet, but can I (not a Triarii member yet) log in to the TS servers?

Another question on TS.  I assume the servers aren't free.  Does everyone pitch in to pay for them?  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users