Old guys thread...

• Please log in to reply
4945 replies to this topic

ENO75 #4941 Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

As stated you can run it on the same device but I would be hesitant to recommend it on anything older than an Air. I also recommend earbuds since there have been some volume issues with one of the last patches... as a result everyone had their volumes cranked and the mic would pick up the voices as well resulting in endless echoes and feedback. Throw game sounds into that equation and it was a mess. We recommend everyone on TS3 use earbuds of some description for that reason. We get 30+ people in a room for gladiator and if the feedback loops start they take minutes to die down. 

I've used TS3 on PC for a long time and agree the interface on iOS is clunky and not as intuitive to use as PC but it just takes some getting used to. We have instructions linked on the first page to help facilitate installing and configuring the app.

As for payment we don't rent a server since it's hosted on one of my computers back home. We recently invested in a license that allowed us to expand the server to 64 slots- and I thank Patman_CT for helping to make that happen so quickly. 

So to answer your question- members and guests do not pay to access our TS3 server (assuming that was what you were wondering). 

View PostOncold, on 04 August 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

"TeamSpeak 3 Status" so you can see who is logged in and what rooms are empty or full, a feature that is unavailable within the app.

You can actually do this in the AP if you click on the overall server... go to menu and "subscribe to all channels." That allows you to view who is in all rooms. (That EXACT process is a bit of a blur since I haven't had to do it recently- but it is a function and with a few clicks you should be able to figure it out.)

I was originally frustrated by that as well so when I stumbled onto that little nugget I was very happy indeed! 

Edited by ENO75, 04 August 2015 - 04:36 PM.

Lephturn #4942 Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 19523 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postricshy, on 03 August 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Hello all Triarii,

Just a note to say 'hi' and thanks for all you guys do for the game.  Always love listening to Tank Boom, and watching the Twitch broadcasts.   I've been more of a lurker because life doesn't afford me a whole lot of uninterrupted time, and thus usually only get to play 2-4 games at a time.  Obviously not much time for tooning (never done it...), but just enough time to enjoy the game ;).  Good to see a bunch of over 40 players, like myself, enjoying the game ;)

Tank safely,

Ricshy.

Hit me up to platoon sometime. 2-4 games is not that uncommon in Triarrii - we're old guys with families so we're that way too. :) Glad you like the podcast!

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Lephturn #4943 Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 19523 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postdementian, on 04 August 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

someguyfromPitt, is it best to run teamspeak on a PC/Mac vs on the device you are playing on?  Noticed the reviews for the iOS version are pretty poor (plus like you mentioned it is $5).

I do both depending on the situation. I use TS3 on my laptop to record the podcast as well. TS3 on PC is a better experience but once you have it configured right on your tablet it works fine. You can also run it on another mobile device - I'll run TS3 on my iPhone and the game on my iPad 3. Even though it is not recommended, I can play just fine and run TS3 on my old iPad 3 without problems.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Radarralph #4944 Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25263 battles
  • [III-S]
Just about had a nervis brake down. I got on General Discustion and could not find this thread.  I looked through 15 pages and then put out a call for help and The FC told me that they moved it to Clan Recrutment Feeeewww blood presure went back down.

Community Pledge Signer

CalmSeasQuest #4945 Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 48458 battles
  • [DD]

View PostRadarralph, on 04 August 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

Just about had a nervis brake down. I got on General Discustion and could not find this thread.  I looked through 15 pages and then put out a call for help and The FC told me that they moved it to Clan Recrutment Feeeewww blood presure went back down.

Never, ever go into the general chat. It will make you instantly and permanently lose all faith in humankind.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

usrbinperl #4946 Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9213 battles

View PostENO75, on 03 August 2015 - 03:29 AM, said:

Guys- 

We can't be much clearer through the process. Don't just dump your name in the registration pool then wait for a bit then come in here asking us what's up. It's in the agreement you acknowledge when you sign up. 

If we don't know you, or at least get some sort of background or chit chat, or our members haven't recommended you then you're not getting approved. 

Gotcha. I found this thread several weeks ago whilst in the process of trying to remediate myself. Went through Lokeen's medium tank academy last week (thanks again bro!) and then remembered I'd registered. Saw you guys dropping into games last night and logged onto your TS, but was way late because I'm out in Vegas this week for Blackhat/Def Con/BSides and was busy with strippers blackjack dice work. Basically, I don't think I'm interested in membership at this point because I'm not sure I could make the time commitment but I'm very interested in finding other cool people in my age bracket to platoon with, so more like a guest I suppose. You guys really do seem to put in a lot of work to make the game/community a better place, and I dig that. Anyhow, that's why I initially registered :B

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users