Jump to content


Biggest Newbie Mistake

Mistake newbie noob teammate

  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Capt_Daemon #1 Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 27455 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

So your new to WOT and decide to follow others into battle to get the hang of the game. But .... Don't be an "A$$ Monkey." One day you'll run into this problem and it will increase your blood pressure instantaneously! 

 

Let me explain. Your out for a leisurely Sunday romp. As you turn a corner you find yourself in the sights of a T95! The last thing you want to do is go head to head with a healthy, hungry T95. To get out of his kill zone you try to make a hasty retreat backing back around the corner. But No . . . you have an A$$ Monkey all over your 6! He is holding his ground and blocking any chance for a safe retreat. This makes you nothing but a easy meal for the T95. 

 

So please give your teammates some room to manuver and don't be a A$$ Monkey!

 



charlie9797 #2 Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5703 battles
  • 1,103
  • Member since:
    05-17-2011
Nice name for that

T2 Light =  T34T18 = T82 = M36 Jackson = Pz.38(t) nA = Tiger (P)  = E50=  E75 = Jagdtiger M3 Lend Lease = T-44 Cromwell

Tier Xs - E100

wow


Trash_Panda #3 Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5729 battles
  • 633
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013
It's not even a newbie mistake because it happens at higher tiers often. I think some of them do it on purpose. 

Closed Beta Tester 

Community Pledge Signer

Formerly known as jamesthefurry

 


Majestas32 #4 Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 365 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    06-30-2014
That happens to me all the time. I really try to be aware of where I am relative to everyone else. Just when you are fighting along side many other tanks, take two seconds and make sure they can all back up to safety

1v7AsUsual #5 Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 41415 battles
  • 49
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
I also make it a point to try not to be directly behind someone who's engaged and may need to back up.  Heat of battle stuff happens though.

ilyathegreat01 #6 Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7547 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
LOL! I HATE that! And yes it happens all tiers, sometimes I think I'm being used as cover. 

Bamahawk #7 Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 16004 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with the game. That and having an a$$ monkey stay behind you the whole time using you as their human shield



Bamahawk #8 Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 16004 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

 

 



N2rock #9 Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4766 battles
  • 437
  • Member since:
    07-13-2014

View PostBamahawk, on 20 August 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with the game. That and having an a$$ monkey stay behind you the whole time using you as their human shield

 

I do that LOL. But I'm a TD and need big brother heavy to guard me. But when I do it, I always watch his movements, and if he starts rolling back, I move back to give him room. On the flip-side, I'm putting hard hits into his targets which (in theory) is keeping him alive longer.



Slab412 #10 Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29514 battles
  • 107
  • [SINER]
  • Member since:
    08-15-2012

You are part of a group keep in mind, you stopping causes a bottle neck. A stopped tank is destroyed tank. 



Bamahawk #11 Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 16004 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostPittsburghPrimo, on 24 August 2014 - 12:02 AM, said:

You are part of a group keep in mind, you stopping causes a bottle neck. A stopped tank is destroyed tank. 

 

Oh yea, totally agree. I 'm mainly talking about when a higher tier tank follows you around wherever you go on the map just to use you as cover.

I also agree that it's fine for TDs to shadow higher tier tanks to help support them and in turn be protected - just make sure you let them back up!:izmena:



ompus1 #12 Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 7077 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    08-05-2014

I was just following a t-43 in my lower tier t-34-85 and giving him plenty of room as I'd read this thread before.  We got caught from behind, effectively placing me in front.  Firing away, I was making good progress.  Unbeknownst to me, the T-43 had come along side me and placed himself in a position where any attempt by me to move back would prevent him from moving back... (He was delivering broadsides, I was more head on)  I couldn't see him without taking my eyes off the prize, and so had no idea of his precise orientation until we collided.  He'd made me his [edited]monkey. Unable to retreat until I moved (and given that he was broadside to the fire), he was destroyed.   Then he starts repeatedly calling me a "piece of ****."  

 

My point... Just because you have a superior tank doesn't mean you can expect complete situational awareness from a lower tier tank under fire and returning it with vengeance.   Frankly, regardless of tier, the overtaking tank bears the greater burden of keeping clear.  

 

And the result of my horrendous noob 'error':  we won 6-0.  


/// IS-3, Tiger 2, T34

// T54, E50, Panther/M10, Comet

^ Ferdinand,  Su-152

Before listening to anything I say, remember that I suck at this game. :facepalm:

 


Delta256 #13 Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10087 battles
  • 5,770
  • [IMPR]
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013

View Postompus1, on 28 August 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

I was just following a t-43 in my lower tier t-34-85 and giving him plenty of room as I'd read this thread before.  We got caught from behind, effectively placing me in front.  Firing away, I was making good progress.  Unbeknownst to me, the T-43 had come along side me and placed himself in a position where any attempt by me to move back would prevent him from moving back... (He was delivering broadsides, I was more head on)  I couldn't see him without taking my eyes off the prize, and so had no idea of his precise orientation until we collided.  He'd made me his [edited]monkey. Unable to retreat until I moved (and given that he was broadside to the fire), he was destroyed.   Then he starts repeatedly calling me a "piece of ****."  

 

My point... Just because you have a superior tank doesn't mean you can expect complete situational awareness from a lower tier tank under fire and returning it with vengeance.   Frankly, regardless of tier, the overtaking tank bears the greater burden of keeping clear.  

 

And the result of my horrendous noob 'error':  we won 6-0.  

 

I has something similar happen in my E75. I was in my usual sidescrapping position, bouncing shots, when all of a sudden, I get shot directly in the side. I exit scope mode and discover that a Tiger I that has decided to rush the enemy, is now reversing into the side of my tank and shooting at me. I guess he decided to retreat. He eventually got past me when I reversed (very slowly, still have the crappy engine).

 

The only damage I took that round was from said Tiger I. Please, people, if you mess up, don't block yourself in by a bunch of entrenched vehicles and then blame them for your wrecked vehicle. And especially don't shoot them. I was very close to putting an HE round into this guy.


I sometimes drive Warships too.


thunderthies #14 Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 15133 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostCapt_Daemon, on 30 July 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

So your new to WOT and decide to follow others into battle to get the hang of the game. But .... Don't be an "A$$ Monkey." One day you'll run into this problem and it will increase your blood pressure instantaneously! 

 

Let me explain. Your out for a leisurely Sunday romp. As you turn a corner you find yourself in the sights of a T95! The last thing you want to do is go head to head with a healthy, hungry T95. To get out of his kill zone you try to make a hasty retreat backing back around the corner. But No . . . you have an A$$ Monkey all over your 6! He is holding his ground and blocking any chance for a safe retreat. This makes you nothing but a easy meal for the T95. 

 

So please give your teammates some room to manuver and don't be a A$$ Monkey!

 

 

I second this. And I straight up used your term the other day when I was in a Jag 100 and a 103 was tryin to crawl inside me. Got a good laugh. :)

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


J_StewartM3 #15 Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 24976 battles
  • 12
  • [MC13]
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011
One time i was in a battle against mostly tier 7 tanks and i was in a StuG. I was trying to back awayand hide   from another tank, when  my idiot teammate decides to push me forward and got me killed! 

Aivris #16 Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8126 battles
  • 8,021
  • [PBKAC]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View PostCapt_Daemon, on 31 July 2014 - 02:14 AM, said:

So your new to WOT and decide to follow others into battle to get the hang of the game. But .... Don't be an "A$$ Monkey." One day you'll run into this problem and it will increase your blood pressure instantaneously! 

 

Let me explain. Your out for a leisurely Sunday romp. As you turn a corner you find yourself in the sights of a T95! The last thing you want to do is go head to head with a healthy, hungry T95. To get out of his kill zone you try to make a hasty retreat backing back around the corner. But No . . . you have an A$$ Monkey all over your 6! He is holding his ground and blocking any chance for a safe retreat. This makes you nothing but a easy meal for the T95. 

 

So please give your teammates some room to manuver and don't be a A$$ Monkey!

 

 

I agree. I've encountered this issue as well and I find it extremely inconvenient. If it happens and I get hit by a shot that I could have avoided, I always tell the tank who blocked me to avoid sticking to the rears of my tank.



GentleNova #17 Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27832 battles
  • 1,355
  • [SRT_]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

I concur with the problem but just want to stress that if you line up parallel with the teammate beside you, so you both can alternate moving out, firing, and retreating, then this is a devastating attack technique on the opponent being targeted. Thus there is nothing wrong with saddling up next to a teammate to coordinate fire but ensure you're positioned so that they can retreat back as needed.

 

As with everything in the game, it's how you do things that makes the difference. 


 

Player_5773117413 #18 Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:43 AM

    Professional Tinfoil Hatter

  • Players
  • 30036 battles
  • 8,995
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

Just realized op has 8000 battles and member since 6-27-14, which is about 98 days from today October 2. This equals about 84-85 games per day :ohmy:

 

Op I'm sure that by now ur divine at this game but how do you get 84 games in a day? I'd have to quit my job, drop outta school, etc. to get that much lol


"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch


NevirSayDie #19 Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10005 battles
  • 1,411
  • [TAN60]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2012

View Postzbynek84, on 03 October 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

Just realized op has 8000 battles and member since 6-27-14, which is about 98 days from today October 2. This equals about 84-85 games per day :ohmy:

 

Op I'm sure that by now ur divine at this game but how do you get 84 games in a day? I'd have to quit my job, drop outta school, etc. to get that much lol

 

And one forum post! lolol

benjaminsixx #20 Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 937 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    12-10-2014
Im relatively new to the game (2 weeks in) and I have made some of the common errors listed in the previous passages and pissed a few off. I try to be fair and understanding with the newbie guys mistakes, it's the fools that keep doing it over and over that I can't stand, especially the one's that try to use me as a shield. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users