Jump to content


Biggest Newbie Mistake

Mistake newbie noob teammate

  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

christian1470 #21 Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39217 battles
  • 4,769
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014
Decided to finally try my hand at TDs. I was in my t40 this morning on copper field. Had established my position and was watching the reticle close on my first shot when a Marder trundles up next to me, bouncing me, then proceeds to park RIGHT IN FRONT of my gun. I have to admit I a$$monkeyed him to death, bouncing him while he took the incoming shots from the tank I was aiming at, and used his dead carcass for cover after that. Sorry, but I take great care to stay out of others way, and do not block my team mates shots. I expect the same. A simple mistake is one thing, stealing a position is another. 

Bamahawk #22 Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 16004 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View Postchristian1470, on 28 December 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

Decided to finally try my hand at TDs. I was in my t40 this morning on copper field. Had established my position and was watching the reticle close on my first shot when a Marder trundles up next to me, bouncing me, then proceeds to park RIGHT IN FRONT of my gun. I have to admit I a$$monkeyed him to death, bouncing him while he took the incoming shots from the tank I was aiming at, and used his dead carcass for cover after that. Sorry, but I take great care to stay out of others way, and do not block my team mates shots. I expect the same. A simple mistake is one thing, stealing a position is another. 

 

Bravo for you sir.

I miss not being able these A$$ monkeys.

I also regret no longer being able to shoot A$$ monkeys who bring a tier 1 tank to a tier 7,8,9 party!

I wish there was a a way to report these A$$ Monkeys that actually had an impact

 

 



e___18989 #23 Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

    Blitz YouTuber

  • Players
  • 35898 battles
  • 1,501
  • [O_C_S]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2014

Very frustrating when this happends. Also, when your a TD and a teammate continues to drive through your line of fire taking all your shots. This game is a teamwork style game. It's hard to win having a loner mindset.


 

 

My YouTube Channel https://m.youtube.co...4AzNFKLkgEZZjGQ

 

I’m not a wallet warrior. I’m a premium tank specialist. :great:


God_of_Steel #24 Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:23 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 4389 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostN2rock, on 20 August 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

 

I do that LOL. But I'm a TD and need big brother heavy to guard me. But when I do it, I always watch his movements, and if he starts rolling back, I move back to give him room. On the flip-side, I'm putting hard hits into his targets which (in theory) is keeping him alive longer.

 

Playing a heavy tank, I don't mind others using me as cover.  I know I'm bigger and stronger, but his shots help keep me alive.  It's mutually beneficial, until he rear ends me.  When I drive TD I used heavy tanks as cover.  You need to make sure you don't block their retreat.  

Kiser_Sosei #25 Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

    Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

  • Players
  • 32375 battles
  • 1,541
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014
I know right. We need a horn button.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei


Captain_Dread #26 Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 42872 battles
  • 301
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014
Look at your map screen.  If you only see green around your tank view, stop and let them go around.  Also, stop before you peak around the corner, if you get a bump from behind, don't go further.  Also, hot key, "get off my back!", or other colorful statement like, "I'm not your butt buddy."  (This statement cannot be censored because our vice president has used the term publicly, and just means really close friends.)  Other than that, if you are an aggressive player, you will deal with this often.

 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."  Mark Twain

 

 


popisdead #27 Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19109 battles
  • 2,896
  • [ATC_]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

What about zipping forward and flanking him so you have two tanks tackling the T95?

 

I agree to not block rear traversal but since that's drastically slower than just muscling forward to the flank and off to a different hiding spot I've always found that makes you a sitting duck anyway. 


I love kemping bush

Dimmerion60 #28 Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:19 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 35119 battles
  • 1
  • [THF]
  • Member since:
    01-10-2015
Being a newbie myself, sorry for any inconvenience guys and gals, as in battle its hard to communicate when in the heat! I try to conform to my surrounding's and give way and room for just that, please excuse me for any indescrepciencies incurred as I fight alongside you !

keenankoz #29 Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 944 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    04-10-2015
Wow it seems I have (mostly) avoided doing this mistake! But I have been destroyed by it.

Lash_42 #30 Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:33 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 24029 battles
  • 24
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    01-22-2015

View PostCaptain_Dread, on 13 February 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

Look at your map screen.  If you only see green around your tank view, stop and let them go around.  Also, stop before you peak around the corner, if you get a bump from behind, don't go further.  Also, hot key, "get off my back!", or other colorful statement like, "I'm not your butt buddy."  (This statement cannot be censored because our vice president has used the term publicly, and just means really close friends.)  Other than that, if you are an aggressive player, you will deal with this often.

 

I am a noob that is trying to understand this game. Some times at the start af a game a fellow tank will bump into me, aim at me and sometimes even fires one into me. What is he trying to tell me? Last week I even had one keep me from moving. No matter whic way I would turn he would move in front of me. It was not fun!

RWS2007 #31 Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:43 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9015 battles
  • 321
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011
Installing the game.
  

tlouie #32 Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:56 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9642 battles
  • 5,665
  • [TAT]
  • Member since:
    04-07-2015

View PostLash_42, on 27 April 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

 

 Last week I even had one keep me from moving. No matter whic way I would turn he would move in front of me. It was not fun!

They do it to provoke a reaction from you. Just hold still, ignore them. Take the opportunity to study the mini map. They will get bored and move on. 



reigning_in_hell #33 Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 14906 battles
  • 99
  • [USUCK]
  • Member since:
    12-18-2014

View Posttlouie, on 27 April 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

They do it to provoke a reaction from you. Just hold still, ignore them. Take the opportunity to study the mini map. They will get bored and move on. 

 

nothing else works in this situation better than just pulling the e-brake and waiting for the troll to go around. Pushing a slow mover up a slope due to low power to weight ratio is 1 thing. It is customary to signal "negative" when you are ready to resume control. I will pass this signal and do nothing more but stop if being stacked up by other players. Trolls have weak constitutions and won't bother you long unless you feed them. They may try blocking forward movement at times also among other [edited]antics. This fix fits all of them. 

 

Enjoy.

 

P.s. this is hardly the worst newbie mistake. (A noob is a person to ignorant and un-willing to accept help improving +1 for knowing that difference alone.) My experience the biggest mistake a newbie can make is calling out "All together" at start of match. There are 2 flanks, and if one is left wide open chances are team will get squeezed to death. When I hear this I can only point out this point by calling out "get flanked". This seems to work 50% of the time as some experienced player will peal off and go other direction as I do same. If they don't, It has been noted elsewhere on forums that you have no choice but to lemming along. From bitter experience I have to agree. I find it curious that this happens all the way up the food chain of tiers and rarely if ever is called for by a decent player. It is too bad you can't verify this till it's too late reading after action report. At this point, they call right I go left. There are 2 flanks. At least.

 

 



keenankoz #34 Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:59 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 944 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    04-10-2015

View Postreigning_in_hell, on 27 April 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

 

nothing else works in this situation better than just pulling the e-brake and waiting for the troll to go around. Pushing a slow mover up a slope due to low power to weight ratio is 1 thing. It is customary to signal "negative" when you are ready to resume control. I will pass this signal and do nothing more but stop if being stacked up by other players. Trolls have weak constitutions and won't bother you long unless you feed them. They may try blocking forward movement at times also among other [edited]antics. This fix fits all of them. 

 

Enjoy.

 

P.s. this is hardly the worst newbie mistake. (A noob is a person to ignorant and un-willing to accept help improving +1 for knowing that difference alone.) My experience the biggest mistake a newbie can make is calling out "All together" at start of match. There are 2 flanks, and if one is left wide open chances are team will get squeezed to death. When I hear this I can only point out this point by calling out "get flanked". This seems to work 50% of the time as some experienced player will peal off and go other direction as I do same. If they don't, It has been noted elsewhere on forums that you have no choice but to lemming along. From bitter experience I have to agree. I find it curious that this happens all the way up the food chain of tiers and rarely if ever is called for by a decent player. It is too bad you can't verify this till it's too late reading after action report. At this point, they call right I go left. There are 2 flanks. At least.

 

 

 

I agree very much reigning. I am a low tier player but even so I just wish people would split the team in half like they should. Usually people either send one or two people the other way which is no better than no people.

Zapocalpe #35 Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22909 battles
  • 178
  • [MOM7]
  • Member since:
    03-23-2015
I tell them that if they are going to ride my butt at least they could pull my hair.

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine...- From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

"The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons." -Russian military doctrine.

 

 


SirCampsAllthetime #36 Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:00 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 28435 battles
  • 7
  • [82NDA]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2015

View PostCapt_Daemon, on 30 July 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

So your new to WOT and decide to follow others into battle to get the hang of the game. But .... Don't be an "A$$ Monkey." One day you'll run into this problem and it will increase your blood pressure instantaneously! 

 

Let me explain. Your out for a leisurely Sunday romp. As you turn a corner you find yourself in the sights of a T95! The last thing you want to do is go head to head with a healthy, hungry T95. To get out of his kill zone you try to make a hasty retreat backing back around the corner. But No . . . you have an A$$ Monkey all over your 6! He is holding his ground and blocking any chance for a safe retreat. This makes you nothing but a easy meal for the T95. 

 

So please give your teammates some room to manuver and don't be a A$$ Monkey!

 

 

Thanks i did not know that

Psyberius #37 Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:04 AM

    Prestige Worldwide

  • Players
  • 29243 battles
  • 1,568
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
I try to maintain a constant awareness of where everyone is so I don't run into this nearly as much as I used to. Don't think a new player will see a T95 tho. But I get your point :P

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper


Psyberius #38 Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:10 AM

    Prestige Worldwide

  • Players
  • 29243 battles
  • 1,568
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View Postchristian1470, on 28 December 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Decided to finally try my hand at TDs. I was in my t40 this morning on copper field. Had established my position and was watching the reticle close on my first shot when a Marder trundles up next to me, bouncing me, then proceeds to park RIGHT IN FRONT of my gun. I have to admit I a$$monkeyed him to death, bouncing him while he took the incoming shots from the tank I was aiming at, and used his dead carcass for cover after that. Sorry, but I take great care to stay out of others way, and do not block my team mates shots. I expect the same. A simple mistake is one thing, stealing a position is another. 

I've dodged out in front of a TD before. BUT only after I've seen him fire. THEN I'll poke out to fire and pull back as he's reloading. Sometimes the terrain and surroundings and situation just works out that way and you have the make do. But whatever you do, you can't be in each others' way especially when it comes to your team's damage output as a whole. It's all about being aware of what everyone else is doing and reacting accordingly the get the best results in a given situation. 


"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper


Psyberius #39 Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:02 AM

    Prestige Worldwide

  • Players
  • 29243 battles
  • 1,568
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 13 February 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

I know right. We need a horn button.

 

we had that. It was labelled as "Friendly Fire" and removed early on. Oh how I miss that "horn button"...

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper


ScumbagJuJu #40 Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

    Community Scumbag

  • Players
  • 25333 battles
  • 3,538
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    07-13-2014
Happened to me in like 5 games last night. I was pretty mad lol!

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users