Ok Unicums help me out here... E5

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

PA60Pilot #21 Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31814 battles
  • [TITAN]
Good to read you're doing better with your e5.  I'd like to go back to mine and improve its abysmal 47% wr.  It was my first tier 10, after I charged up the American Heavy line while thinking it was the tank that was the problem, not the player.  I'm a much better player now, but few people I platoon with seem to want to battle in tier 10, so I usually end up solo with poor teams when I pull out the e5.  I'm not good enough yet to carry a tier 10 match mostly alone in the e5.

"Now they're gonna come for us" - Anonymous Spawn Camping M6 - after rest of team destroyed

_VEDDER_ #22 Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 45282 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View Postpc9684, on 03 August 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

Ah I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Is it just me or did it feel like holding the front line in the m103 was a piece cake? 

As someone grinding the M103 currently I am not finding it that easy to hold the front line unless I am in an ideal hull-down situation and able to leverage my gun depression. I've been running the 103 more as a Heavium and just trying to avoid exposing my side turret which is just a big target. If you can find the right position the damage output is superb

The Tanker formerly known as RorakSZ13

Tier X: IS-4, IS-7, Obj 268, E 100, M48A1. T110E5, Obj. 140, FV215b, Leo 1. STB-1, Obj. 263, Grille, M60, T57, AMX 50B, Progetto, 121B, Chieftan Mk.6, E50M

Premium$: Ke-Ni Otsu, Shinobi, T-35-85-Victory, SU-100Y, Tankenstein,SU-122-44, T34 Indy, IS-6, Type 62 Dragon, IS-3D, Löwe, Rudy, Nomad, Dracula, Hel$ing, Glacial, T54 Mod, Lycan

"I gather speed, from you f*ckin' with me"

LE_gend_VI #23 Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

The man, the myth

• Players
  • 20816 battles

In 103 I can have monster games even vs 10s. If you don't have it maxed then it's a pain.

The e5 is just a matter if being a little more patient I have found so far. Instead of holding the front like 103. Relocate then return to where you were. Just harass and let the battle develop 

glass2707 #24 Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31536 battles
  • [GRIM]
Hard to compare solo win rates between tiers.  Tier X is much harder to carry in solo as the average player in a game there is just better than in lower tiers.  As I play up new lines I can generally post very good stats in those tiers even in tanks that are considered to be rather bleh.  

_JenniferAniston #25 Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

I miss Brad

• Players
  • 48298 battles
  • [--M--]

View Postglass2707, on 10 August 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hard to compare solo win rates between tiers.  Tier X is much harder to carry in solo as the average player in a game there is just better than in lower tiers.  As I play up new lines I can generally post very good stats in those tiers even in tanks that are considered to be rather bleh.  

glass2707- good point. My original rage post was me being baffled by he huge drop of 10% from tier IX to tier x.  I'm actually playing at probably 62% wr now so the ~2% drop was something I was expecting.  I've played with your clan mate simoesandredavid... He got me to stop over extending myself - with the E5's top speed

Also guys just getting the E5 or struggling with it... Don't always go with the meds and in fact do it rarely. Your gun is mostly needed with the heavies - only go if there is an imbalance and the meds will get rolled.

And yes retreating is a must with the E5 and repositioning... But you need to plan in advanced. Don't wait until the last minute because reserve speed is horrid. I retreat at Fort Despair enough to make me embarrassed but it's been working well..

Edited by pc9684, 10 August 2015 - 07:06 PM.

johandelange #26 Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27871 battles

View Postpc9684, on 10 August 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

glass2707- good point. My original rage post was me being baffled by he huge drop of 10% from tier IX to tier x.  I'm actually playing at probably 62% wr now so the ~2% drop was something I was expecting.  I've played with your clan mate simoesandredavid... He got me to stop over extending myself - with the E5's top speed

Also guys just getting the E5 or struggling with it... Don't always go with the meds and in fact do it rarely. Your gun is mostly needed with the heavies - only go if there is an imbalance and the meds will get rolled.

And yes retreating is a must with the E5 and repositioning... But you need to plan in advanced. Don't wait until the last minute because reserve speed is horrid. I retreat at Fort Despair enough to make me embarrassed but it's been working well..

My experience was so similar in the difference of play between the M103 and the E5. My WR in Tier X is ridiculously low (too many battles in the doorstop of Ten, the IS-7), but I expected to play the E5 like I did my 103. It hasn't been going so well ;). Now I have changed my approach to learn the 'ways of the heavium' from some amazing E5 gurus here in our forums. I do see some positive outcomes when I fall back to second line support instead of trying to be the green bully as I would in a proper heavy. Its an interesting ride that has me coming back for more pain every day. I just can't stop driving this tank LOL

This writeup changed my whole approach to the E5: http://forum.wotblit...-machine-guide/

My second attempt at becoming a purple in Blitz :teethhappy:

Team mates, please help me by reading Lert's excellent guide to basic tanking.

My Yolo Life YouTube Channel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users