• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

TeruzukiKaiNi #1 Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

AMX Baguette Launcher

• Players
  • 14743 battles
  • [COD-R]
How to side scrape effectively? I think I'm doing it wrong. Thanks in advance 

Officer of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Boosters ruined the game.

Firefly_1026 #2 Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

King of Smurf and Seals

• Players
  • 28983 battles
  • [GMA]

http://forum.worldof...the-sidescrape/

This could help, from the PC forums, but they work the same way

HisMaj #3 Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6927 battles
  • [WC]

Now, the problem with many tanks is that if you angle your front too much, you expose your side armor for the enemy to shoot, and if you angle too little, your front will generally not be strong enough to prevent shots from penetrating (all tanks have weak points, where the armor is thinner or pre-angled at a flatter angle). Now how do we fix this? By sidescraping! 

Side scraping is when you show your side at a sixty degree or higher angle that no one can penetrate. But you said that if you angle your side a ton then your front is weak! Yes, that's true, and that's why you use an obstacle to block your front from view of the enemy, only showing them your side at that crazy sixty or seventy degree angle. When you're ready to shoot, you can slowly pull back until you see your enemy, shoot, and drive forward again. Think of driving out backwards from behind a building and shooting like that, except instead of showing a weak and flat side, you drive out with an auto bounce side. You want to do this every single time you're peek a booming. The only the the enemy can shoot are your tracks, auto bounce side armor, and your turret, if you have one. And don't worry, in most cases, the turret has the strongest and thickest armor your tank has. 

You pull back to shoot, then quickly drive forward again, preventing the enemy from shooting your front. 

Credit to OronSonon

Edited by HisMaj, 03 August 2015 - 03:59 PM.

I'm back! 

You still remember me right? 

No?

:(

Bbm_14 #4 Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

Simia est simia, etiamsi purpura vestiatur

• Players
  • 25268 battles
  • [DD-R]

http://forum.wotblit...-guide-tactics/

Helped me a lot! GL!

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

========================================

OronSonon #5 Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11413 battles

View PostHisMaj, on 03 August 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

Now, the problem with many tanks is that if you angle your front too much, you expose your side armor for the enemy to shoot, and if you angle too little, your front will generally not be strong enough to prevent shots from penetrating (all tanks have weak points, where the armor is thinner or pre-angled at a flatter angle). Now how do we fix this? By sidescraping! 

Side scraping is when you show your side at a sixty degree or higher angle that no one can penetrate. But you said that if you angle your side a ton then your front is weak! Yes, that's true, and that's why you use an obstacle to block your front from view of the enemy, only showing them your side at that crazy sixty or seventy degree angle. When you're ready to shoot, you can slowly pull back until you see your enemy, shoot, and drive forward again. Think of driving out backwards from behind a building and shooting like that, except instead of showing a weak and flat side, you drive out with an auto bounce side. You want to do this every single time you're peek a booming. The only the the enemy can shoot are your tracks, auto bounce side armor, and your turret, if you have one. And don't worry, in most cases, the turret has the strongest and thickest armor your tank has. 

You pull back to shoot, then quickly drive forward again, preventing the enemy from shooting your front. 

Credit to OronSonon

:)That's my guide!

Member of [RBLN] Rebellion 

Armor and Mobility: A Guide to Tactics — Part I and Part II

How to Become Unicum: Click Here for Pure Gold

SkiFletch #6 Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30801 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostHisMaj, on 03 August 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

Credit to OronSonon

An excellent guide yet it misses the mark on one key piece.  NEVER EVER EVER attempt to sidescrape in a Tiger I.  It literally can't do it and you're exposing a BUTTER ammo rack every time you do it.

TeruzukiKaiNi #7 Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

AMX Baguette Launcher

• Players
  • 14743 battles
  • [COD-R]

Thanks a lot! Your reply were very clear and easy to understand. This helped a lot! Btw is a IS (Tier 7) Good for Sidescraping?

EDIT 

Like this? 

Edited by iEatChickenMcNuggets, 03 August 2015 - 04:56 PM.

TeruzukiKaiNi #8 Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:56 PM

AMX Baguette Launcher

• Players
  • 14743 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostiEatChickenMcNuggets, on 03 August 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Thanks a lot! Your reply were very clear and easy to understand. This helped a lot! Btw is a IS (Tier 7) Good for Sidescraping?

EDIT 

Like this? 

The pic didn't show up 

tinmanic #9 Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30888 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBbm_14, on 03 August 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

http://forum.wotblit...-guide-tactics/

Helped me a lot! GL!

I miss thunderthies...glad he left behind this amazing guide

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

My Stats:

Bbm_14 #10 Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

• Players
  • 25268 battles
  • [DD-R]

View Posttinmanic, on 03 August 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

I miss thunderthies...glad he left behind this amazing guide

^^^

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

gecook8 #11 Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:49 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10632 battles
Any tanks with great frontal armor that are bad at this that I should know about

YwyGa0v.gif

Tier X: Jagdpanzer E 100, M48 Patton, T110E5, Tier IX: T95, T-54, IS-8, Tier VIII: IS-6, Tier VII: VK 30.02 D (researched only), Tier VI: TOG II*, Hellcat Tier 4: Matilda, Tier 3: LTP, Tier 2: T2 Light

Y0U_SHALL_N0T_PASS #12 Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:29 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28771 battles
  • [MOM]

Look this video, it's awesome :popcorn:

Bbm_14 #13 Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:01 AM

• Players
  • 25268 battles
  • [DD-R]
Notice his patience AND not burning up his repair kit(s)... Fine example!

Psychopathy #14 Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20362 battles

View PostY0U_SHALL_N0T_PASS, on 04 August 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

Look this video, it's awesome :popcorn:

WOW I need to learn this. I know how to sidescrapes but not the IS-8. I need to learn more now.

TeruzukiKaiNi #15 Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

AMX Baguette Launcher

• Players
  • 14743 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostPsychopathy, on 04 August 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

WOW I need to learn this. I know how to sidescrapes but not the IS-8. I need to learn more now.

thanks for the video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users