The point of clans???

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

bjsniper #1 Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8293 battles
I hope this doesn't come off as sarcastic or anything because it's definitely not meant that way. I'm just wondering what the point of having clans is? If you can't play together as a clan, is there any point besides "belonging" to a particular group? Is it anything more than a "status symbol". I'd be interested in starting or joining a clan at some point if I could see that there was a purpose to it besides just being a part of one. Thoughts??

Putins_Chariot #2 Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22246 battles

CW=Money... Plus you get to know people, meet new platoons, feel special, and win! 

edit: And get cool emblems on ur tank, but thats "Soon™":D

Edited by _1204_, 04 August 2015 - 05:23 PM.

HereFishyFishy #3 Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11539 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Post_1204_, on 04 August 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

CW=Money... Plus you get to know people, meet new platoons, feel special, and win! 

edit: And get cool emblems on ur tank, but thats "Soon™":D

If you don't have a nice size group of friends in the game, it can get rather boring quickly.

FunkSoulChicken #4 Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:30 PM

Thunderfunk

• Players
  • 45999 battles
  • [EQ-TR]
This is step one of several involving clans.  Organization and management first.  then the rest...

Community Pledge Signer

AntonioSoares #5 Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20350 battles
You can only access MLG level once you join a clan.

ChickenWangz13 #6 Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3048 battles
  • [DVL]
GOOOLLLLDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

Grass_Hopper #7 Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11798 battles
  • [III-X]

bjsniper - not too long ago I was thinking the exact same thing (so even there you're not alone).  My initial goal in searching out a clan was selfish in retrospect; I had plateaued and wanted to improve my game.  There are a lot of people with tremendous levels of expertise that study the tanks, know them inside/out, and can kill you in a hurry with this knowledge and a couple of well-aimed shots...I was tired of being the nail, and wanted to be the hammer.

What I found as a bonus was a group of people giving of themselves; each one bringing individual skills to the community and each one passionate about helping their brothers/sisters learn.  In addition, they offer a sounding board for questions, frustrations, celebrations and general communication about life outside WOTB (if there is one!).  There are community events, teamspeak training, etc. - all of which are just plain FUN!

And of course, there is nothing like the bragging rights of nailing one of your clan mates when they end up dressed in Red!  Explore the clan room in the forums, find a good fit for you & make some new friends...you will love the game even more!

Blitz Bootcamp

YouTubeChannel:

Committed to Improving Gameplay, One Tanker at a Time

Grass_Hopper Productions Beginner Video Training

Ksftwe #8 Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25683 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Krieg members can have the luxury of being tunnel visioned every single game. :/

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

koop123 #9 Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8342 battles

We don't know for certain, but I think we all are somewhat confident that there will be a mode in the future that offers clans to battle other clans. Once you reach a certain level of play ( maybe a consistent recent WR of 51-52%???) you often find yourself losing games that were easily won...if only...That "if only" may often just be one or two camping high tier tanks on Mines. Once you play or watch a video or stream of a countdown, the possibility of this game opens up.

Imagine the ability to play Team Chess. Each player controls one piece. Now, imagine the player controlling the Queen. That woman is OP, but if her player does not know this and doesn't bring her out to dismantle the enemy at the right moment the game is lost. This often happens in Blitz. Except this is fluid, dynamic team chess and it often is frustrating when that top tier X has no idea the role or possibility that their tank can have on the game. In my eyes, this is a game less about tanks and is more about people. This is what makes it endlessly fascinating as well as frustrating.

Finding a clan that you fit well with can make this game become a hobby that gives you endless hours of entertainment. And if you are very skilled it can be free...but I am not, so I bought several premium tanks and grind out credits. When (if?) actual skirmishes/company battles/clan wars drops, then the real gameplay begins. And isn't it fun to be part of forming a culture? This group of players will help shape what it means to be in a clan in Blitz for all the future players who fall down the rabbit hole after downloading the app.

WR~0.23% Damage Ratio~.0009  WN9~ 35.  Avg Tier~1.10

MSixteen #10 Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 17593 battles
  • [_V2_]

View PostKsftwe, on 04 August 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Krieg members can have the luxury of being tunnel visioned every single game. :/

like that doesn't happen already...

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

bjsniper #11 Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8293 battles
Thanks for each response! Perhaps I will join a clan yet too. So far I haven't gotten bored playing by myself (and with a buddy that I can occasionally 'toon with when I'm in town) but I guess it would be fun to "meet" more Blitz players. Clan wars is something I would love to do also. When I first started playing I thought you could platoon with 6 other tanks and play 7 on 7 like that, but quickly found out you could only platoon with one other tank. (Oh well!) Thanks again for the enlightenment and maybe see you out there! :D

Herodotus4 #12 Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22364 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostMSixteen, on 04 August 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

like that doesn't happen already...

View PostKsftwe, on 04 August 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

What you call tunnel vision, I call "target prioritization" surely you realize that concep in an M46 Patton is a much bigger threat then a tier X random in an E5, also the rage in chat when you kill a kreig member is worth it

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

scurvydog_1 #13 Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:57 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5468 battles

So best place to find a summary of the current clan descriptions?

I'd love to find a pure Canadian ( or majority) clan...

bjsniper #14 Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8293 battles

View Postscurvydog_1, on 04 August 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

So best place to find a summary of the current clan descriptions?

I'd love to find a pure Canadian ( or majority) clan...

Good idea... someone should start "Team Canada". I'd be interested in joining if my stats are desired on a team of such.

HardTracker #15 Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

Private

• Players
  • 8305 battles
I'm with bjsniper on his first post.  I too will take a wait and see attitude, and may join a clan for the other good stuff, but was really hoping to be able to team with others with good experience.  Too often it is frustrating to have 2 or 3 or even 5 or 6 experienced members of a random team playing and the battle is lost because of a few jokers that don't take the battle seriously.  I am hoping Clans will reduce my frustrations in team play.
Have fun, Improve your game, Ignore the Idiots, Don't whine.

Manwolf100 #16 Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5811 battles
  • [III-Z]

I understand your question. I guess I would explain it in this way: The game itself is a team based game that requires a fairly high level of skill to be proficient. That involves learning about the game, and then pounding a lot of games out to get better and better. If you just play for fun here and there....then being part of a group doesn't have any real value probably except if your a social person and just like playing with others you get to know.

The limitation inherent in the game right now is the inability to play a map with 7 guys using a strategy against 7 guys having a strategy. All for us hope someday for THAT.

In the mean time, many of us like learning, strategizing and playing with people we get to know who share the same love of the game. I mean....at some point being part of a larger group gives us guys to platoon with...guys to gripe too about game stuff.....guys to learn and ask questions from.

It might not be for everyone....I see posts on forums all the time dogging clans or platooning. But thee game is a TEAM game....right?

Hope this helps.

-Community Pledge Signer-

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while

defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu

TikiTarr #17 Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 50288 battles
  • [DEF_6]

I agree with all the above:

1. Clans are a nice way to meet friends and socialize with fellow members.  Our clan has weekly teamspeak meetings as well as countdowns.

2. As stated above, clans are a great way of finding platoon mates who can teach you new tricks and strategies

3. Clan wars will one day be upon us, this is truly just the first step in that eventual evolution

4. It is much easier to find good stuff on the forums or the web regarding tactics or tanking when you have 50 guys searching versus just yourself

DD

Minecraftexpert_25 #18 Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

Not a Unicum

• Players
  • 32210 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostKsftwe, on 04 August 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

This I can relate to

January 28, 2016- The day Alo8ight moved on in his life from WG and WoTB. You will be missed o7.

March 27, 2017- Dogface takes over as senior producer for WoTB. Fate of Senator_Ratbat unknown.

Block Quote

"The darker the purple, the darker the soul." - Ancient WG proverb. -CrimsonMG

Up up down left right down up left left down <-----my super MLG pro strats 420 no scope headshot hacks (no credit to ksftwe whatsoever)

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #19 Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27233 battles
  • [SPUDX]

To clan or not to clan,that is the question? I have looked over several clans trying to find the right fit or one that might take me. I'm 59 and I think I might be to old for some and not for others. As I look at some of the requirements I don't meet about half of them, like avg dmg,avg kills per match, hit rate, no tier 10 ( which I'm about to get though)and so on, but a lot of this is due to me not taking the game serious at the beginning. 

So if I choose not to find a clan,does that mean when clan wars start and I'm not a member of one,I will I be relegated to potatoe farming because everybody else will be off fighting in Clan Wars? If that is the case I guess I better start working harder to improve my stats. Well time to get off here, getting late have to go to work in the morning. Everyone have a good one:honoring:

Edited by yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, 06 August 2015 - 05:48 AM.

Have SPUD, will BUD

Manwolf100 #20 Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5811 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 06 August 2015 - 12:47 AM, said:

To clan or not to clan,that is the question? I have looked over several clans trying to find the right fit or one that might take me. I'm 59 and I think I might be to old for some and not for others. As I look at some of the requirements I don't meet about half of them, like avg dmg,avg kills per match, hit rate, no tier 10 ( which I'm about to get though)and so on, but a lot of this is due to me not taking the game serious at the beginning.

So if I choose not to find a clan,does that mean when clan wars start and I'm not a member of one,I will I be relegated to potatoe farming because everybody else will be off fighting in Clan Wars? If that is the case I guess I better start working harder to improve my stats. Well time to get off here, getting late have to go to work in the morning. Everyone have a good one:honoring:

Well Im almost 55 so were are same age basically.

There are choices out there. You just have to look at everyone and see what fits your personality and play style.

Until there is a lot more content on what CW MIGHT bring, there is not a huge need to be in one. But I will tell you....being in a community of guys who help and converse on the game just helps you get better without sweating it. And playing in a platoon is fun.

-Community Pledge Signer-

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while

defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users