[IRD] Iron Dragoons

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Player_5773117413 #1 Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:10 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29595 battles
  • [SPUD]

Hello all. Welcome to the officially informally formal unofficial recruitment thread of the Iron Dragoons [IRD]. It is our best guess that you stumbled upon this thread because you are A) interested in becoming an Iron Dragoon, B) interested in mocking us, or C) you were wandering around on Reddit when you clicked a pop-up that was actually a black hole and you somehow ended up with this URL in your search bar. Whatever your reason may be, we welcome all prying eyes to take a peek.

First things first...

What is a dragoon you may ask? :ohmy:

In basic essence, dragoons are a form of cavalry. Originally created as mounted infantry, European commanders continued evolving dragoon formations into actual cavalry units. Though their specific role and outfitting varied from nation to nation, by the late 18th century most dragoons were seen as heavy cavalry. Though they were not an ideal match against other cavalry units, dragoons were very versatile. Armed with firearms such as the arquebus or musket, dragoons were usually capable of ranged attacks in addition to hand-to-hand combat. Dragoon regiments continue to exist today, though the ones involved in combat are no longer mounted on horseback. Notable examples include the dragoon regiments still in existence in the British Army, such as the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards or 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards.

Further info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoon

So what's the difference between a dragoon and a dragon?

Ahhh, these are the questions that keep us awake at night. Well, first off, the latter is taller than the former by a few feet. The latter also spits out fire while the former simply spits. The former might wear a set of non-functional wings while the latter's are usually functional when present. You will also notice that dragoon has two O's as opposed to the one O in dragon.

The Complex Basics

Originally founded by AMRAAM120Rx (where is that guy?) many months ago, the Iron Dragoons [IRD] try to maintain the fighting spirit of dragoons in WoT Blitz. In a [currently slacking] campaign, we envision the tags [IRD] to be a beacon of hope for Green Team while at the same time being the Angel of Death for Red Team. In additional efforts, we also take pride in claiming to be the most democratic clan on the forums (we strive to be as democratic as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea :trollface: ).

However, [IRD] also understands that even the best players sometimes aren't even that dedicated to the game. We get it, life happens. Take charge of your priorities and put Blitz on the back burner.

For that reason, we have little participation requirements once you are in. No need to check in, no weekly minimum gameplay requirements, etc. Heck, you could hate us and swear vendetta on us the moment you're on board and we'll still be proud to call you an Iron Dragoon.

This also means that we do not require, have, nor are currently interested in TS. If you want to remain a casual Blitz player who's not that involved but still wants a set of tags then this is the clan for you. As an added bonus, you get one of our nice clan sigs! (Who wouldn't want to jump aboard the band wagon now?)

Current Roster

Herodotus4   Center of the Cult of Personality (a.k.a. Honorable Clan Commander)

1Joetom   Official Officer

Player_5773117413   Official Officer

panzermk6   Official Officer

DoKnowHarm

Edwardbi

Erwick5

HonicTheSedgehog

JPMIV

NuclearCoc

Sabath52

Synching_Ship

TheKiller_Commando123

VKenta

Zugen

____TheGamingPenguin____

avalondad

carguy4471

daddyfattsaxx

del1014006785

eric18989

j0hnnyrazz

krownski

mr_stealy

oopskillem

pasdxd

scso

vSGF_Jovin

Founding Members (Who We Haven't Heard From in a While BTW):

AMRAAM120Rx   Original Commander*

For those interested in joining, I apologize in advance by saying that we do have minimum standards for our player composition. No, we're not Grim or Krieg or Sparta or some other first-rate clan, so we're not expecting über-unicums to come flocking in (but if you are one then welcome aboard). For those interested in joining, the requirements are as follows:

- At least a 52% win rate

- Average damage of at least 900

- Minimum of 2000 battles

- At least one Tier 9 tank with 100 battles

OR

- At least one Tier 8 tank with 100 battles AND a minimum average damage of 1000 in said tank

- We might also check Star1, WN7, and WN8 ratings on WoTBStars.com

- Some attempt to act calm and cool in battle (at least try to cut out on the cursing)

Note: Current members "exempt" from requirements above (mostly everyone is beyond or close to fulfilling these anyway)

As always, exceptions can be made and there is a little bit of wiggle room on these requirements. We usually platoon with potential candidates. If we have some reservations about stats, some of our members will very likely approach you and ask for a platoon session. Do not worry and we hope that you do not take this the wrong way. We realize that people have bad streaks sometimes or that they may discover the forums later on in their Blitz careers. So far, just about every potential candidate we have tooned with made the cut. Seeing how someone performs in battle can sometimes say a lot more than numbers.

Remember how I said we pride ourselves in claiming to be the most democratic clan on the forums? Well there is a merit of truth to that. We vote on big clan decisions and we also vote on ALL POTENTIAL CANDIDATES. We put great value in our members' opinions and that includes their thoughts on the platoon sessions.

That just about wraps it up for our recruitment thread folks. Thanks for shooting us a visit. We'll be sure to check out your clan recruitment threads and post some meaningless praise posts there as well. In meantime, c'ya on the battlefield! :honoring:

(Just kidding. I mean all the praise I give you guys.)

Visit our official website for cookies!(courtesy of mr_stealy)

If you do not meet these requirements, do not fret. Please contact 1Joetom or mr_stealy, they are in charge of our sister clan, the Iron Hussars [IRH]

Iron Dragoons™ & all associated images are registered trademarks of the non-existent Iron Dragoons Inc. [IRD]® is reserved for use by said non-existent Iron Dragoons Inc. All comments, claims, and remarks are not on behalf of the non-existent Iron Dragoons Inc. or WarGaming. All [IRD]® images are copyrighted by the Board of Externally Internal Executives of the non-existent Iron Dragoons Inc. All of the mentioned above is completely fictional. This small print is simply here to drive you crazy. You have now wasted time and possibly harmed your vision trying to read it. We apologize and we will compensate by giving you some free gold [rounds] when we see you in battle regardless of whether you are on Green Team™ or Red Team™. Actually, disregard the first part of that last sentence. Apparently, someone decided that friendly fire was a bad thing.

Edited by Player_5773117413, 09 February 2016 - 03:40 AM.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

rustbucket_44 #2 Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10333 battles
  • [AF]
I meet all requirements except for damage ratio. Can an exeption be made? 

Herodotus4 #3 Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22425 battles
  • [SRT_]

View Postrustbucket_44, on 05 August 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

I meet all requirements except for damage ratio. Can an exeption be made? 

Could you provide your IGN?

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

rustbucket_44 #4 Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:26 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10333 battles
  • [AF]
What is an IGN? Sorry im new to clans. No PC experience. 

rustbucket_44 #5 Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:45 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10333 battles
  • [AF]
Nvm I figured it out. Ign is Rustbucket_44. Tier 9 and 10 tanks are e50, Jtiger, e75 and Jp e100

Herodotus4 #6 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22425 battles
  • [SRT_]

View Postrustbucket_44, on 05 August 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Nvm I figured it out. Ign is Rustbucket_44. Tier 9 and 10 tanks are e50, Jtiger, e75 and Jp e100

I wanted it so I could input it here:http://wotbstars.com/index.php?usr=Rustbucket_44&geo=NA&forceSave=on&lng=eng, I am not an officer and so one of them needs to deal with your application.

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

rustbucket_44 #7 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10333 battles
  • [AF]
Ok, thanks

Player_5773117413 #8 Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:26 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29595 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postrustbucket_44, on 05 August 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

Ok, thanks

pm me.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

Herodotus4 #9 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22425 battles
  • [SRT_]

View Postkewlstory, on 05 August 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

pm me.

oops, forgot to add that to my reply

JPMIV #10 Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:01 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29034 battles
  • [IRH]

Had a good run with Zugen on our 54s a while ago. That guy is a beast! He had 5 kills on our first two games and consistently topped the damage list on the rest.

We meds went Mill on Malinovka. Just as the red heavies reached the top he called "Bail". We dropped back and flanked while our campers kept them busy. We caught them from behind and had a lot of fun. Good call! :honoring:

Edited by JPMIV, 19 August 2015 - 12:03 AM.

Stat padding Tank rehabbing

Zugen #11 Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20055 battles
  • [DEF_6]
Thanks buddy, sorry the luck ran out when I rolled in the T62. I swear when I hit 50% wr with it, it's gone! You had some nice games yourself sir, had a great time! Herodotus, I witnessed your near Raisin today at Malinovka, my dad was on your team at lunch today and hated seeing that last one run to force a draw. You had him! I've had a great time in this clan, glad I joined up with you guys. Great tankers and people, I like it.

Edited by Zugen, 19 August 2015 - 02:27 AM.

stealth_mashu #12 Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 69225 battles
  • [MASHU]
 Sounds good look forward to mashing it up with you guys .

[MASHU] TEAMSPEAK  mashu.teamspeak3.com:3736  come visit

Herodotus4 #13 Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22425 battles
  • [SRT_]
I was curious and so counted, we have 34 tier 10 tanks between the 12 of us in the clan fo an average of 2.8 tier 10s apiece 

Zugen #14 Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20055 battles
  • [DEF_6]
About to add a few more X's. I've gotten the M48 since your post I think, to go with the 62, obj 140, and is7. E5 is researched, and the e50m will soon be done. Just need about 14k in the next month or so. Also seems Herodotus is our first to clear 60% wr, congrats! I'm sitting on a 1.29 star rating that's steadily climbing, 60% is probably a few thousands battles away for me.

Herodotus4 #15 Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22425 battles
  • [SRT_]
Ok, just read the new version of the OP. We now beat the [MOM] recruitment thread for shear LOL factor. 

MRobertsRCS #16 Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 30130 battles
  • [501DV]

Yes, I read the fine print.  And didn't stop until the end.  Good game.

[IRD] is a solid clan for anyone looking to join.  Good folks.  +1

Edited by MRobertsRCS, 03 November 2015 - 04:43 PM.

My E4 has a cup holder            

ahredstealth #17 Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Kewl recruitment thread.

Best of luck guys.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

j0hnnyrazz #18 Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19619 battles

Thank you all for jumping me in so quickly! I'll try to recover from it as soon as possible so we can get on the battlefield and smash some reds.  I'll bring the cake....

Edited by j0hnnyrazz, 05 November 2015 - 01:33 AM.

TheFireWitch #19 Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9941 battles
  • [FOE]
Excellent recruitment thread (says the now-shamed Clan Commander) - awesome, in fact! Good luck, see you out there sometime...

HereFishyFishy #20 Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11549 battles
  • [BRSKT]
This clan looks so Kewl!!!

Also tagged with [IRD], Iron Dragoons

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users