• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

acrisis #21 Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

As expressed elsewhere ...

Hate the new " Oasis Palms ". If you can't recognize the old Palms, terrain and buildings, nor does it have water, it shouldn't be "Oasis Palms". If it doesn't have water, it isn't an "Oasis". They should've done a few terrain tweaks, maybe removed a boulder here or there, added a dune ridge or couple buildings to limit camping, ... done.

They should've just brought this new "Palms" map in as Dune Hell. Or something. Extra map = Win.

Even though I hate the map, and it seems everybody I've talked to 's least favorite map.

Rockfield. Really hate the updated Rockfield with flattened / tweaked terrain, rocks removed and trees & shrubs gone.

Yes, draws were an issue on the old palms, but it was different.

Meanwhile ... mines is still a 90% guaranteed win for North (short spawn & lighthouse) Instead of doing something about the most lopsided map in the game, no we're not adding entrances, moving the hill & cap a bit ... nope ... let's fix Rockfield, which nobody asked for. And, meanwhile Copperfield still has the on side cover and hull down advantage too.

:(

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

SkiFletch #22 Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30259 battles
  • [SRT]

Amen.  Mines continues to be the most unbalanced map in Blitz and it's not even close.  WG, I know your "metrics" probably don't show this to be the cause cause 90% of players are too busy breathing out their mouths, but this map is horrid.  I get a combination of anger, boredom, and resignation every time I load this thing.  

FWIW, since this thread is originally about Rockfield, I have played it once since the update...  And don't plan on playing it much in the future.  So thanks for letting my device store the data for the map but not letting me play it.  Appreciate that

_Obsidious #23 Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20192 battles
  • [EPIC-]

I think Rockefiled should be brought back. Also the current layout is less fun. All they had to do was to put a little ridge to protect the open area from hiden meds.

"When I get home and people ask me,'Hey, Hoot, why do you do it, man? What are you? Some kind of war junkie? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you. And that's it. That's all it is."

You can not bleed with a man and not form a bond.

christian1470 #24 Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39203 battles

Rockfield needs a major rework, it still encourages static play. 

Old oasis palms should be reinstated, new oasis palms should have some tweaks to create reasonable places for glass cannon TDs to work. 

Mines needs balancing. 

Although I have always liked copperfield, I do admit that it is a bit lopsided. If any map should be flattened, this is it. It is the same game EVERY TIME. 

Dead rail- great map. 

Winter Mal needs tweaking to make the valley a valuable play area. Remove the center cliff, or raise the valley edge of the map to allow shots on cap. Or something. 

APaperTiger #25 Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18101 battles

View Postchristian1470, on 18 August 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Old oasis palms should be reinstated, new oasis palms should have some tweaks to create reasonable places for glass cannon TDs to work. 

Mines needs balancing. 

Although I have always liked copperfield, I do admit that it is a bit lopsided. If any map should be flattened, this is it. It is the same game EVERY TIME. 

Dead rail- great map. 

Winter Mal needs tweaking to make the valley a valuable play area. Remove the center cliff, or raise the valley edge of the map to allow shots on cap. Or something. 

I have NO CLUE how to play my Crusader on Rockfield now that the bushes are gone. There is nowhere for light tanks to hide!

Winter Mal: I say put the cap by the Southwest Windmill. If you cap at SW windmill, you are a sitting duck for tanks at the church. And if you are camping at the church to shoot at cap, you are a sitting duck for tanks up at Northeast Windmill.

HanYOL0 #26 Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:41 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15603 battles
  • [III-Z]
Agreed that Rockfield has been nerfed — so to speak. I miss the foliage they removed. It provided very handy cover for tanks, esp TDs with good mobility. Now, it's a hill will very little cover and a boon to Mediums at the expense of other tank varieties. 

Community Pledge Signer

acrisis #27 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

By the way, anybody experienced an aiming bug on Rockfield?

See: http://forum.wotblit...low-every-time/

TLDR: Game last night where 9 out 9 shots hit the dirt. No shots were being traded between bunkers. Had to exclusively shoot from bunker one to several hulled down tanks behind a small slope more central to the map. No tanks outline. Not a single shot hit. All hit the dirt below the tank.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

SieurPersil #28 Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:24 AM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postchristian1470, on 18 August 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

Mines needs balancing.

Dead rail- great map.

Rockfield, Mines and Copperfield could all be reworked and enlarged to bring new stratégies and be available to all tiers. This must be easier to do than to make new maps from scratch......

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

Zip_Zip #29 Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42777 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postchristian1470, on 18 August 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

+1

Half the map is being wasted. It'd be much more fun this way.

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

Warlord49 #30 Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 59358 battles
There are plenty of other maps to play. Get over it.stop complaining

Bobthebob5 #31 Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25233 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostSkiFletch, on 05 August 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

I'll miss rockfield.  I enjoyed a defensive map that favored well timed judicious flanking.  Now they messed it all up, AND I'll never see it.  Oh well

don't don't you mean the side with the hull down that made e3s and other tanks insnaky over powered at tier 10? Is7?

Proud tank destroyer commander of the clan Defiant

"You can't break the untouchable, and you can't touch the unbreakable"-Bob

_G_E_M_ #32 Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17206 battles
  • [SRT-A]
i loved rockfield as it was actually a quick battle and 99% of the time the game is action packed. While other big maps such as castilla take a while. And there would be great blanks of time where noone would do nothing

ARandomGenieGuy #33 Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18072 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostRagingTonsOfFury, on 05 August 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Either make it accessible for all tiers or make a new map for higher tiers. Deal?

this exactly THIS. 

Legal_Immigrant #34 Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5666 battles
  • [PRD]
#FreeRockfield

_JenniferAniston #35 Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:20 AM

I miss Brad

• Players
  • 25360 battles

View PostBobthebob5, on 23 August 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

don't don't you mean the side with the hull down that made e3s and other tanks insnaky over powered at tier 10? Is7?

both sides had those spots.... One was just less noticeable... Yet much more noticeable in reality. South soawn hull down was up up front right in the middle at the bush.  I would like Rockfield back (with the bushes). The AA guns can stay. 

Edited by pc9684, 27 August 2015 - 02:20 AM.

mrkenzy78 #36 Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 53579 battles
  • [FUBAR]
Put me down for wanting Rock Field opened back up for all tiers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users