iPad Game - Facebook friends list showing inappropriate friends

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ackis #1 Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

Private

• Players
  • 100 battles

I'm not sure if this should be directed at the WoT app, iOS, or the Facebook App for iOS but out of everything I've done that involved adding friends this was the only instance that it occurred.

My brother-in-law died almost 3 years ago to the day (August 4th).  Last night when I was trying to add friends via Facebook it offered him as a suggestion.  His FB account has been put in memorial status about 2.5 years ago and once that happened he no longer appeared in suggested lists, targeted ads, etc. on the Facebook site itself, or any of the games that I played on the site/mobile devices.

As you can imagine this time of the year is pretty emotional for the family so I know I'm overly sensitive to the issue.

Thank you for reading.

charlie9797 #2 Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5703 battles
:( sorry for your loss, hope the best for you and your family. but I think it's more of Facebook than iOS or WoTB, since it's the one that allowed the WoTB app to suggestion instead of blocking it like it should

T2 Light =  T34T18 = T82 = M36 Jackson = Pz.38(t) nA = Tiger (P)  = E50=  E75 = Jagdtiger M3 Lend Lease = T-44 Cromwell

Tier Xs - E100

wow

Alo8ight #3 Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1810 battles

View PostAckis, on 31 July 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this should be directed at the WoT app, iOS, or the Facebook App for iOS but out of everything I've done that involved adding friends this was the only instance that it occurred.

My brother-in-law died almost 3 years ago to the day (August 4th).  Last night when I was trying to add friends via Facebook it offered him as a suggestion.  His FB account has been put in memorial status about 2.5 years ago and once that happened he no longer appeared in suggested lists, targeted ads, etc. on the Facebook site itself, or any of the games that I played on the site/mobile devices.

As you can imagine this time of the year is pretty emotional for the family so I know I'm overly sensitive to the issue.

Thank you for reading.

Hi 'Ackis',

Sorry for your loss...Know that the Wargaming family is here for you and that we totally understand the situation that you're in. Please accept our condolences to you and your family. As for Facebook is concerned, we definitely will look into this issue and contact you when we find out more information about this.

:honoring:

Edited by Alo8ight, 31 July 2014 - 08:52 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users