• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Putins_Chariot #1 Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:45 PM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22247 battles

Getting to Know the Clan Feature

_1204_

With the coming of 2.0, clans are here! Please feel free to comment, or criticize! Hope I can help a few out:)

Creating a clan

So with the new introduction of clans into Blitz, there is a whole new section added to the garage menu. As seen here.

If you go ahead and tap on that button that says clans on it, you will then be prompted with the screen below, asking you to either create, or join a clan. I will go through the motions on how to create a clan. Searching and joining comes later.

So go ahead and hit "Create Clan". You must own a tier V -Cap, and the cost for creating a clan is a mere 1 million. No premium currencies, no Week long premium grind. Just sit down with your IS6 and grind! Depending on player skill, 1 million credits can take from 2 hours to one month of solid grinding (all player levels included). After you tap the create button, you will be asked to input your clan name and tag. 

A tag is the thing that shows in battles, like [KRIEG], [ATT], [LXE] and [501ST]. You can use letters, numbers, underscores and hyphens (I believe thats all). The range is 3-5 characters. You then go on to create a motto and a description. After that, your clan is complete and 1 million credits is charged. Credit: Ahredstealth It is also a good idea to create a thread about recruitment here on the forums. It helps get the name out, and will attract higher end players. Threads regarding a clan should be started and posted here.

Joining a clan

First off, most any good clan requires a complete interview and/or application. If applying to any clan in general, its always a good idea to PM the commander, or deputies, depending on how much power the commander gives them. 75% of clans will not accept completely random members. That being said, say you are in a clan, or have gone through that clans specific application process (if any). Here is how to find your beloved clan!

Head on back to this screen and select search clans. Then simply just type in the clan name. Going to combine several screenshots here...

Then select which clan is yours! If you dont know, then there is a major issue. Thats probably really bad, but contact your commander for the clan name. This PROBABLY wont happen (At least I hope :D) Once you select your rightful clan, hit the big join button, as seen in the next screenshot. Take note that you can see the clan averages and players, so you will know that its truly yours. 

The commander, or deputy, of a clan has to accept you before you can join the clan. Just wait it out for however long it takes. Once all the clan activity settles down, it could take a week to accept a request. I would say asking to join multiple clans is ok, in the idea that you likely wont be auto moved if accepted into a different clan,  You will not be auto-moved.  Once any of your requests is accepted, the others are nullified.  Think of it like sending out a bunch of platoon requests at once.  As soon as one person accepts and you're in a platoon, the Accept button no longer works for anybody else to whom you sent a request. - Cap That basically sums up the joining part! Now on to what to do when part of a clan!

Being in a clan 

Being in a clan is like a family. Its a tight bond of players, meant to prove their dominance in WOTB. When you tap on the original clan button, you will be taken to your clan profile. Screenshots!

OK! So the top picture is the main profile for your clan. Its the equivalent of the main stats page in everyone's service record. It shows average battles/day averaged across the clan, average WR, battles, damage and tier. You can also see the motto, picture, and description of my (the best) clan. The envelope at the top is the clan messages, such as new people, and promotions. This will also cause the news bar to light up in the garage, like when a platoon or news come. The magnifying glass lets you search other clans. You can see stats this way, or apply for another. The platoon emblem with the silhouettes shows all the players in a clan, which just happens to be the next picture!

Here you can see all the members of a clan, and if you tap their name, you go to their profile, as usual. Please also take note of the red LEAVE button, which lets you leave. It will ask you again if you want to quit, then you are gone and the commander has to Re-accept you if you want back, which is probably unlikely without a reason. 

Notice the bar at the top of the final picture? As deputy commander I am authorized to accept new applicants into the clan. Please ask you commander if he/she wants you to do this, since my commander wants to personally approve everyone, which is better imo. Basically, I can see all the new applications as a deputy. The Commander can too -Cap

Why should I be in a clan 1204?

There are a ton of reasons! As of right now (August 2015), clans are just here for show! But keep in mind, this is a test run so when real clan wars come, we can be ready to rumble! Surely you have seen the clan tags in battles! That is about the extent of "clans" for now

Posted Image

I know little about clans in PC, {Anyone want to fill in here, be my guest} but I DO know there are many great prizes to be won, and much wars to fight in. There are even special tanks awarded for certain criteria in CW battles, that cant even be bought! The Blitz community is both smaller and younger, so there is no telling how this will be implemented, but you can bet your bottom dollar it will be good. It will be way easier and better to get into a clan now, rather than later.

TY all for reading! All the parts in {BLUE} require filling in from the community in order to fully complete this guide! Any help is VERY much appreciated. Also if you have anything else to comment/suggest/request on, just drop it in the comment box! If it helped, or you had a nice read, feel free to drop a +1 down below:) Also have another suggestion for a guide about navigating features in game, just comment or shoot me a PM personally! Ill be glad to whip up a guide for someone!

Edited by _1204_, 12 August 2015 - 12:04 AM.

iceandfire97 #2 Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11590 battles
Great guide,  very detailed:medal:

__Karma #3 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25017 battles
  • [V1CE]
Actually, I believe only about 90-95% of the clans in blitz accept random people, have you seen how many clans there are already? Just visit general chat.

ahredstealth #4 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post_1204_, on 05 August 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

A tag is the thing that shows in battles, like [KRIEG], [ATT], [LXE] and [501ST]. You can use letters, numbers, underscores and hyphens (I believe thats all). The range is 3-5 characters. {I need a commander to fill in what comes next based off memory, as I didnt want to accidentally spend 1 million credits. I stopped here with my screenshots. Sorry ~1204} 

It is also a good idea to create a thread about recruitment here on the forums. It helps get the name out, and will attract higher end players. Threads regarding a clan should be started and posted here.

Next comes the Motto and Description.  It does not have to be filled in.  If you hit cancel from the Motto and Description window, it takes 1,000,000 credits and creates a Clan.  Otherwise you type in the info, hit okay, and it creates a Clan.

Motto and Description can be changed (even name and TAG can be changed it seems) at any time by clicking on them, though this may only be a feature for commanders...

Anywho, that's what I know.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

CrimsonMG #5 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11035 battles
  • [CRATE]

A clan is like a family? I didn't know you could beat your clan members.

I kid don't hat pl0x.

ahredstealth #6 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:54 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostCrimsonMG, on 05 August 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

A clan is like a family? I didn't know you could beat your clan members.

I kid don't hat pl0x.

Or yell at other clan members for not brushing their teeth.  Goodness do I hate stank breath.

Or get upset at a clan member for drinking milk straight from the carton.  Especially when they leave lipstick stains.

Or get yelled at because it was your night to do the dishes, but you just didn't get around to it... because you were busy playing a stupid tank game on your phone.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

EpikWill #7 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4411 battles
Nice guide! I sure wish they had clan chat though, so my clan could actually talk and stuff. I have to friend all 43 members in my clan to communicate with them, which gets pretty dang annoying!
My Favorite Tanks: Jagdtiger, IS-3, AT-15A, Cromwell, Obj. 140, T2 LightIndien Panzer, Maus

CptCheez #8 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Post_1204_, on 05 August 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

1) So go ahead and hit "Create Clan". There are no nesecarry requirements to create a clan, you just obviously cant use a name that is either reserved with a moderator or taken already. 

2) I would say asking to join multiple clans is ok, in the idea that you likely wont be auto moved if accepted into a different clan, but I personally have not tested this. {again, anyone know?} That basically sums up the joining part! Now on to what to do when part of a clan!

3) Basically, I can see all the new applications as a deputy {Can I have clarification from a regular member? Not sure if everyone can see that lol} 

1) Yes, there is a requirement to own at least 1 Tier V tank.

2) You will not be auto-moved.  Once any of your requests is accepted, the others are nullified.  Think of it like sending out a bunch of platoon requests at once.  As soon as one person accepts and you're in a platoon, the Accept button no longer works for anybody else to whom you sent a request.

3) Only commander and deputy can see join requests.

Edited by CptCheez, 07 August 2015 - 03:38 PM.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Also tagged with _1204_, Clans, Guide, New feature, 2.0, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users