• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

ahredstealth #1 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Image from: thehumbledhomemaker.com

So a while back (Timeline Edit) I accidentally made a clan.  I basically just wanted to see if [SPUD] was taken, which it wasn't, and suddenly I was the proud new owner of a shiny clan in WOT Blitz.  (Yeah, the clan sort of exists because I was too mentally challenged to use the search feature, but it turned out to be a good thing.)

I'm We are all pretty stoked to be running around sporting the moniker [SPUD] after my our name(s), and rightfully who wouldn't be?  EDIT:  As time as gone on, this has become less and less "my clan" and more and more "everyone's" clan.  I just sort of answer when people say, "hey what are we doing tonight?"  It's a pretty laid back clan that wants to have fun with like-minded folk.  We have varied interests, skill levels, and play times.  So keep that in mind when applying.  While I'll probably tell you that my opinion is the only one that matters, it's actually just me puffing up my chest.

Being a parent with a full time job myself, I may not always be able to jump on and play games.  Some days I may not even be able to squeeze in any games.

I use the game to relax, not to worry about STATZ.  Don't get me wrong, I want to do well and constantly improve my game play, but I'm not going to be uber-upset after I screw up a few games.  I'll put the phone down and come back later.

So here's the deal!  If you want to run around in game, blow stuff up, and be part of a our clan that has very little in the way of expectations other then having a good time and not be a D-bag in battle, let me know and I'll sign you up.

Here are the requirements:

Win rate: None

Battle Count: Enough to let us know that Blitz is not just a Passing Fancy for you.

Tier Requirement: None

Age Requirement: If I toss you the keys to the Tater-Truck and say we are low on provisions, and you can't even drive to the gas station, let alone pick up SteelCityHammer's favorite brew, this may not be the clan for you.

Minimum Games per Week: None  (But if you are going to disappear for an extended amount of time please give us a heads up and let us know.  Persil worries, and I hate getting PM's at three in the morning as he wants to start up search parties and go looking for tankers.)

Attitude Requirement: Must not be a complete D-bag**.  If I hear that you are raging at people in every game, or doing other D-baggery-ish stuff, I'm gonna boot you.

Want to Improve: Needed.  No matter what level you play at.

Forum Requirement: This is probably our biggest requirement at this time.  We want active like-minded individuals.  We started on the forums, we'd like to continue to have a presence here.  We enjoy chatting about tanks, the game, and life in general.  So if you want to be a SPUD, please get to know us on the forums, and in our threads.  I'm not going to put a minimum forum post count on here, because I don't like "Set Numbers" but we are going to need more then just a couple posts.

Our recruitment procedures will be using Karmic Synergy to draw in who ever the universe feels should be a dedicated [SPUD].

For those of you unfamiliar with Karmic Synergy here is a link to how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkDTKCcafTE

** - Please note that your D-bag-ness will be judged by myself and other high ranking clan members.  It is a sliding scale that can be affected by bribes.  (I gotta eat, you know?) I reserve the right bestow D-bag-ness on people as I see fit, but please understand that I'm pretty laid back, so if you get caught in the cross hairs, you're probably rubbing more then just me the wrong way.

Our Resources:

I'm open to teaching anyone what I know about Blitz (It should only take about five minutes because that's about how much I know) and looking for a group of people that want to have some fun, improve their game play, and don't want to worry about not having a tier X, or a certain win rate, or being able to put out a certain number of games a day.  When Clan Wars hits, if we can swing it, we may try to get together and do some group battles, who knows?

I do know that we have some solid guys here, and everyone is more then willing to toss out a few games with everyone else, regardless of win rate, tier, height, body shape, if you are made of Tin, or even if you're a Mok.  (Don't google it.  Trust me on that one.  Our Moks are the other kind...)  We strive to have good relations with many of the other Clans out there, and also random players in the game.  That gives us many opportunities to do count downs, and utilize the teamspeak server that Furicle set up.

View Postfuricle, on 09 August 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Teamspeak is up an running for any spuds (and buds) who'd like to use it.

Address: 

I put a password on it, just so the whole world can't use it - PM me here, or in game, or tweet @furicle and I'll give it to you.

So we do have team speak, and sometimes we are even active on it, though it is not a requirement to join up.  We also do have random competitions whenever the Potato Council can come up with good ideas for them.  Prizes vary from Priceless works of Stick Man Art, to iTunes/Play cards.  

If you want in, grab a lawn chair, a roasting stick, dice up some tater's, and come sit around the fire with us!

So far the Officer Structure is as follows:

Grand Warchief High Imperial Potentate SpudSLACKBOT

Almost-As-Grand Chief-type slightly lower Imperial-Potentate Spud: Tinmanic (Currently on Sabbatical)

Most Fuzzy and Cold at the same time Deputy Spud: Furicle

Zombie Apocalypse Planner and Strategist: Psyberius  (Please note that the list of supplies every [SPUD] should carry in their tank in the event of a zombie apocalypse is listed on page zero of the clan recruitment thread.  Also, please realize that depending on the speed and taste preference of the zombie hoard, certain tankers will be sacrificed while the rest of us make an escape and set up base camp.  Nothing personal.  To see if you'll be a sacrificial Tater, please also see the list on page zero of the recruitment thread.)

Head Ambass~a~Tater: SieurPersil

Head Mok: Ookla_the_Mok (He's like our Yoda.  Only less Green and speaks better.)

Chief War Strategist:  Zip_Zip  (Two Zips are better then one.)

Campfire/Campsite/Parking Coordinator: T4four  (Don't mess with this guy.  He's got keys to all the offices.)

[SPUD] is the clan that we all grew from.  We also now have [SPUDX] Revenge of the Taters.  It originally grew out of a need for a contest, but now that we have it, we'll be using it.  Psyberius is going to be heading that Clan up.  What's the difference between the two Clans?  One is more Edgy, has a different signature, and adds an X after the word SPUD.  So, if you're in either Clan, wear that tag with pride because nobody camps Lighthouse harder then us!

Our Main "Campfire Thread" for SPUD related talk/tactics/tips can be found here:

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/29028-around-the-campfire-spud-tactics-tips-brags-and-general-spuddery/

**We have moved much of the campfire over to Slack.**  

If you're a SPUD, you should be there.  Furicle is taking care of the technical magic of making it run, so get him your e-mail, and he'll get you hooked up.

If you feel SPUD is the place for you, please stop by the campfire and introduce yourself.  Let us know who you are, and why you would be a good SPUD.  Get to know us, we'll get to know you.  From there, who knows what will happen?

Please note that we are "pretty much always" open to new members, but with our move to slack, you have to either get to know us in the campfire, or in game.  We are still very active, but our needs have changed, and thus we have adapted to them.

Edited by ahredstealth, 27 April 2017 - 07:18 PM.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Putins_Chariot #2 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22246 battles
This is great. Kinda hope it goes through:D

N0sc0pr #3 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3986 battles

I'm in.

For the tag

"The person who said that the pen was mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

'You're an f'in ugly tank! I wanna HEAT you to death, then play with your wreck.'

ahredstealth #4 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostN0sc0pr, on 05 August 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

I'm in.

For the tag

You sir have yourself a TAG!

Anyone else want to step up and ride?  

Pastry_und_Milk #5 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8060 battles
Haha, great accidental clan. I'm already in Blouse, but I wish the best of luck to you and [SPUD]. o7
I eat pansy panzers for breakfast.

ahredstealth #6 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post_1204_, on 05 August 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

This is great. Kinda hope it goes through:D

I'm glad you like it.  Also, it has gone through.  As long as a few of us (or even one of us) remain to head into battle proudly brandishing the [SPUD] name, it has succeeded.

Pheldagriff #7 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9131 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I want the [SPUD] tag. But I've been busy and haven't been able to clock in a game...

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"

tinmanic #8 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27071 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postahredstealth, on 05 August 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

So far the Roster is as follows:

Grand Warchief High Imperial Potentate Spud: ahredstealth

Almost-As-Grand Chief-type slightly lower Imperial-Potentate Spud: Tinmanic

Yes!   I'm the AAGCTSLIPS  ...that's way better than the title I have at work!  

Thanks Stealth - can't wait to rock the potentation!

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

My Stats:

ahredstealth #9 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:30 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostPheldagriff, on 05 August 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

I want the [SPUD] tag. But I've been busy and haven't been able to clock in a game...

I found your problem.  You have to play on a tablet or smart phone.  Silly pony, you can't play on a clock.

HereFishyFishy #10 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11556 battles
  • [BRSKT]
This is hilarious,   +1!

_TheBull_ #11 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14784 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 05 August 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

What I do have is a Solidly Hilarious Clan Tag, and pretty freak'n loose recruiting requirements. 

You should change this to Solidly Hilarious Identifier Tag.  Makes for a better acronym.  Love the clan concept.  I'm not ready for a clan, yet... But a team of SPUDS would be pretty funny facing KRIEG.

tinmanic #12 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27071 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post_TheBull_, on 05 August 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

You should change this to Solidly Hilarious Identifier Tag.  Makes for a better acronym.  Love the clan concept.  I'm not ready for a clan, yet... But a team of SPUDS would be pretty funny facing KRIEG.

if I were a psychologist (which I'm not), facing a team called 'SPUDS' might actually make any god-like players nervous...can you imagine the humiliation they would face being killed by a Spud?  

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

My Stats:

IronSpectre1138 #13 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5497 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I'd like to join up. 

"Traditionally, Spuds love to fight. All real Spuds love the sting of battle."

I am the official beer wench of the Spuds. I may not be a unicum, but I keep the suds flowing.

ahredstealth #14 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postaramikvideo19, on 05 August 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

I'd like to join up. 

Invite sent.  See you out there.

Minecraftexpert_25 #15 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:33 PM

Not a Unicum

• Players
  • 32210 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Posttinmanic, on 05 August 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

if I were a psychologist (which I'm not), facing a team called 'SPUDS' might actually make any god-like players nervous...can you imagine the humiliation they would face being killed by a Spud?  

Oh god I can just imagine. Minecraftexpert_25[KRIEG](Leopard 1) killed by Player_1427495873[SPUD](MS-1)

January 28, 2016- The day Alo8ight moved on in his life from WG and WoTB. You will be missed o7.

March 27, 2017- Dogface takes over as senior producer for WoTB. Fate of Senator_Ratbat unknown.

Block Quote

"The darker the purple, the darker the soul." - Ancient WG proverb. -CrimsonMG

Up up down left right down up left left down <-----my super MLG pro strats 420 no scope headshot hacks (no credit to ksftwe whatsoever)

SieurPersil #16 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Love the idea and the logo ! Good luck with this and long live SPUD !!!

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

IronSpectre1138 #17 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5497 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 05 August 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

Invite sent.  See you out there.

Thanks!

"Traditionally, Spuds love to fight. All real Spuds love the sting of battle."

I am the official beer wench of the Spuds. I may not be a unicum, but I keep the suds flowing.

ahredstealth #18 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostMinecraftexpert_25, on 05 August 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Oh god I can just imagine. Minecraftexpert_25[KRIEG](Leopard 1) killed by Player_1427495873[SPUD](MS-1)

I would imagine it would be much anarchy like the riots on Animal House right at the end.  We'd let it all hang out because really, what do we have to lose?  Also, we would totally roll out in OP tanks like T18's, not MS-1's.  You know how it is.

View PostSieurPersil, on 05 August 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Love the idea and the logo ! Good luck with this and long live SPUD !!!

Thanks much!

Ksftwe #19 Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]
This entire thread has made me laugh harder than I had in weeks. Good luck with recruitment. :)

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

Ookla_the_Mok #20 Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Sorry Potatoes U Destroy

+1 on idea and general vibe.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

Also tagged with [SPUD]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users