• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

LIGHTS___OUT #661 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:30 PM

Welcome to the Dark Side

• Players
  • 35745 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postshellshocked7, on 13 December 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

I highly recommend SPUD and it’s founder Stealth, he is a good man and his clan mates have always been respectful to me.

Attention all SPUDS, I think I found Stealth's alt account. 

Spoiler

PandaGoon #662 Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:00 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4929 battles
  • [WBRS]
I’m down for all of this, I just need to read more into the rules. I like it

SieurPersil #663 Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:50 AM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

We have rules !?!

Knew there was a part I missed :harp:

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

furicle #664 Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 45412 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Sure we do - they're just in Gaelic, in honour of the potatoes first hallowed land.

(If Humble didn't use them for firestarter last week)

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

halloikbenteun #665 Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5808 battles

I would like to join the clan! Unfortunately I am not very active on the forums seen by my now cough 1 cough post. I can see if I can get onto teamspeak but I’m not sure. Discord is good with me though! Now let me look up that teamspeak...

(holy +=€& why is teamspeak €5,49 in the appstore?!)

Edited by halloikbenteun, 22 December 2017 - 09:02 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #666 Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 21186 battles
  • [III-R]

Best damn clan in the game!

I'm honored to have been a part of it for a short time.  Met and platooned with some awesome folks.  Even though I left the clan I still run with them to this day.

Just know that if you have a SPUD on your team that you have a damn solid teammate on your side.

And if you see one in the red team try and kill em first.  You don't want to let those SPUDS live long.

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 23 December 2017 - 02:52 AM.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

SieurPersil #667 Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Posthalloikbenteun, on 22 December 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

I would like to join the clan! Unfortunately I am not very active on the forums seen by my now cough 1 cough post. I can see if I can get onto teamspeak but I’m not sure. Discord is good with me though! Now let me look up that teamspeak...

(holy +=€& why is teamspeak €5,49 in the appstore?!)

Hello there ! Thank you in your interest with Spud-Spudx. Dont worry about team speak for the moment. Please join us in our campfire thread in the clan discussion section. You will be able to interact with us there. Via interaction, you'll have a better idea of what Spud is all about, if the clan is right for you and vice versa. Tell us about yourself, what you like and dont like about the game etc. You've been in the game for over 3 years and have a low battle count, are you just coming back ? You can add me in game if you wish. 

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 22 December 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

Best damn clan in the game!

I'm honored to have been a part of it for a short time.  Met and platooned with some awesome folks.  Even though I left the clan I still run with them to this day.

Just know that if you have a SPUD on your team that you have a damn solid teammate on your side.

And if you see one in the red team try and kill em first.  You don't want to let those SPUDS live long.

You are too kind sir ! With or without the tag, you will always be a Spud to us.

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

BlackNinja_ #668 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6751 battles
  • [KILL-]
I would like to join

ahredstealth #669 Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:00 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBlackNinja_, on 01 March 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

I would like to join

Hi Ninja.

I would head to the campfire thread, and then look for a few taters in game...  Tfour, SieurPersil, Furicle and Bg2b kinda have the reigns for internship/membership.

Hope that helps!

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Maxwell_Krell #670 Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:12 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3814 battles
  • [MOM7]

Hello there

This is the type of clan I am looking for. I would like to join SPUD, please let me know.

ingame name: Maxwell_Krell

I am willing to work hard and to learn, since I am pretty new in Wot Blitz, but I love it. Max tier I have is 7.

Rum_Tanker #671 Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7382 battles
Howdy Taters! :medal:

LIGHTS___OUT #672 Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

Welcome to the Dark Side

• Players
  • 35745 battles
  • [BRSKT]
Hello again Rum_Tanker. 

When you have a chance, could you drop off some more rum at the campfire. 
We have gone through your initial offering, and now Seawolf is trying to make me drink whiskey. 

Richard8786 #673 Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9571 battles
  • [DOOMD]
Hello! This is Richard8786. I would love to join SPUD/SPUDX. I am trying to get better at the game with a goal of 55% win-rate at the moment. Please contact me ingame.

t4four #674 Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 33780 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostRichard8786, on 06 April 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

Hello! This is Richard8786. I would love to join SPUD/SPUDX. I am trying to get better at the game with a goal of 55% win-rate at the moment. Please contact me ingame.

Hiya Richard. Why don't you hop on over to the main thread, take a look around and introduce yourself. We can figure things out from there.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/29028-around-the-campfire-spud-and-spudx-tactics-tips-brags-and-general-spuddery/#topmost

I like turtles

tnkbtlzrfun #675 Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5192 battles

Application sent.

ShootinSabot #676 Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19260 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Posttnkbtlzrfun, on 30 April 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

Application sent.

Hey tnkbtizfun We use the campfire thread for recruiting now, why because potato. The link is http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/29028-around-the-campfire-spud-and-spudx-tactics-tips-brags-and-general-spuddery/page__pid__1468878__st__10260#entry1468878

This is the best place to have a look around, get to know us and give us a chance to get to know you.

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

therealrattler #677 Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:03 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7851 battles
  • [22ND]

View Postahredstealth, on 05 August 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

Image from: thehumbledhomemaker.com

So a while back (Timeline Edit) I accidentally made a clan.  I basically just wanted to see if [SPUD] was taken, which it wasn't, and suddenly I was the proud new owner of a shiny clan in WOT Blitz.  (Yeah, the clan sort of exists because I was too mentally challenged to use the search feature, but it turned out to be a good thing.)

I'm We are all pretty stoked to be running around sporting the moniker [SPUD] after my our name(s), and rightfully who wouldn't be?  EDIT:  As time as gone on, this has become less and less "my clan" and more and more "everyone's" clan.  I just sort of answer when people say, "hey what are we doing tonight?"  It's a pretty laid back clan that wants to have fun with like-minded folk.  We have varied interests, skill levels, and play times.  So keep that in mind when applying.  While I'll probably tell you that my opinion is the only one that matters, it's actually just me puffing up my chest.

Being a parent with a full time job myself, I may not always be able to jump on and play games.  Some days I may not even be able to squeeze in any games.

I use the game to relax, not to worry about STATZ.  Don't get me wrong, I want to do well and constantly improve my game play, but I'm not going to be uber-upset after I screw up a few games.  I'll put the phone down and come back later.

So here's the deal!  If you want to run around in game, blow stuff up, and be part of a our clan that has very little in the way of expectations other then having a good time and not be a D-bag in battle, let me know and I'll sign you up.

Here are the requirements:

Win rate: None

Battle Count: Enough to let us know that Blitz is not just a Passing Fancy for you.

Tier Requirement: None

Age Requirement: If I toss you the keys to the Tater-Truck and say we are low on provisions, and you can't even drive to the gas station, let alone pick up SteelCityHammer's favorite brew, this may not be the clan for you.

Minimum Games per Week: None  (But if you are going to disappear for an extended amount of time please give us a heads up and let us know.  Persil worries, and I hate getting PM's at three in the morning as he wants to start up search parties and go looking for tankers.)

Attitude Requirement: Must not be a complete D-bag**.  If I hear that you are raging at people in every game, or doing other D-baggery-ish stuff, I'm gonna boot you.

Want to Improve: Needed.  No matter what level you play at.

Forum Requirement: This is probably our biggest requirement at this time.  We want active like-minded individuals.  We started on the forums, we'd like to continue to have a presence here.  We enjoy chatting about tanks, the game, and life in general.  So if you want to be a SPUD, please get to know us on the forums, and in our threads.  I'm not going to put a minimum forum post count on here, because I don't like "Set Numbers" but we are going to need more then just a couple posts.

Our recruitment procedures will be using Karmic Synergy to draw in who ever the universe feels should be a dedicated [SPUD].

For those of you unfamiliar with Karmic Synergy here is a link to how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkDTKCcafTE

** - Please note that your D-bag-ness will be judged by myself and other high ranking clan members.  It is a sliding scale that can be affected by bribes.  (I gotta eat, you know?) I reserve the right bestow D-bag-ness on people as I see fit, but please understand that I'm pretty laid back, so if you get caught in the cross hairs, you're probably rubbing more then just me the wrong way.

Our Resources:

I'm open to teaching anyone what I know about Blitz (It should only take about five minutes because that's about how much I know) and looking for a group of people that want to have some fun, improve their game play, and don't want to worry about not having a tier X, or a certain win rate, or being able to put out a certain number of games a day.  When Clan Wars hits, if we can swing it, we may try to get together and do some group battles, who knows?

I do know that we have some solid guys here, and everyone is more then willing to toss out a few games with everyone else, regardless of win rate, tier, height, body shape, if you are made of Tin, or even if you're a Mok.  (Don't google it.  Trust me on that one.  Our Moks are the other kind...)  We strive to have good relations with many of the other Clans out there, and also random players in the game.  That gives us many opportunities to do count downs, and utilize the teamspeak server that Furicle set up.

Teamspeak is up an running for any spuds (and buds) who'd like to use it.

Address: 

I put a password on it, just so the whole world can't use it - PM me here, or in game, or tweet @furicle and I'll give it to you.

So we do have team speak, and sometimes we are even active on it, though it is not a requirement to join up.  We also do have random competitions whenever the Potato Council can come up with good ideas for them.  Prizes vary from Priceless works of Stick Man Art, to iTunes/Play cards.  

If you want in, grab a lawn chair, a roasting stick, dice up some tater's, and come sit around the fire with us!

So far the Officer Structure is as follows:

Grand Warchief High Imperial Potentate SpudSLACKBOT

Almost-As-Grand Chief-type slightly lower Imperial-Potentate Spud: Tinmanic (Currently on Sabbatical)

Most Fuzzy and Cold at the same time Deputy Spud: Furicle

Zombie Apocalypse Planner and Strategist: Psyberius  (Please note that the list of supplies every [SPUD] should carry in their tank in the event of a zombie apocalypse is listed on page zero of the clan recruitment thread.  Also, please realize that depending on the speed and taste preference of the zombie hoard, certain tankers will be sacrificed while the rest of us make an escape and set up base camp.  Nothing personal.  To see if you'll be a sacrificial Tater, please also see the list on page zero of the recruitment thread.)

Head Ambass~a~Tater: SieurPersil

Head Mok: Ookla_the_Mok (He's like our Yoda.  Only less Green and speaks better.)

Chief War Strategist:  Zip_Zip  (Two Zips are better then one.)

Campfire/Campsite/Parking Coordinator:T4four  (Don't mess with this guy.  He's got keys to all the offices.)

[SPUD] is the clan that we all grew from.  We also now have [SPUDX]Revenge of the Taters.  It originally grew out of a need for a contest, but now that we have it, we'll be using it.  Psyberius is going to be heading that Clan up.  What's the difference between the two Clans?  One is more Edgy, has a different signature, and adds an X after the word SPUD.  So, if you're in either Clan, wear that tag with pride because nobody camps Lighthouse harder then us!

Our Main "Campfire Thread" for SPUD related talk/tactics/tips can be found here:

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/29028-around-the-campfire-spud-tactics-tips-brags-and-general-spuddery/

**We have moved much of the campfire over to Slack.**  

If you're a SPUD, you should be there.  Furicle is taking care of the technical magic of making it run, so get him your e-mail, and he'll get you hooked up.

If you feel SPUD is the place for you, please stop by the campfire and introduce yourself.  Let us know who you are, and why you would be a good SPUD.  Get to know us, we'll get to know you.  From there, who knows what will happen?

Please note that we are "pretty much always" open to new members, but with our move to slack, you have to either get to know us in the campfire, or in game.  We are still very active, but our needs have changed, and thus we have adapted to them.

Sign me up( I was referred here by whiskey

Rip_d #678 Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:00 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5947 battles
  • [HZURD]

LOL, Great Post ...as Lead for my clan I wanted to see why your post was attracting so much attention and what I could do to improve my post. Well I love it . covers all the bases and totally gets the recruitment process you employ across to potentials ... Since I'm now posting my appreciation of your advertisement...  I can hardly go back to mine and edit it in a similar fashion. ( Busted )

Good Luck [SPUD] ... seen your guys out there and appreciate the variety of characters who stand with your tag on the battlefield !

xxelitedestroyerxx_1 #679 Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:00 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15613 battles
I'd love to join you're clan and grow stronger with you fellas 

tpcshadow #680 Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28723 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postxxelitedestroyerxx_1, on 16 April 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

I'd love to join you're clan and grow stronger with you fellas 

Better to post in the "Around the Campfire" thread - http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/29028-around-the-campfire-spud-and-spudx-tactics-tips-brags-and-general-spuddery/page__st__10420

Also tagged with [SPUD]

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users