• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

SteelCityHammer #121 Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12231 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postt4four, on 07 August 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

The life this has taken on is amazing. Thanks stealth spud for doing this. I think it is already been said, but a real acct and a visit to the forum should be requirements.  Just because we don't want a lot of commitment doesn't mean we don't want a little effort. Hope to get on tonight for more than one match finally.

Second this.  

Well said.  

SCH

ahredstealth #122 Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostMercenary_15, on 07 August 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

Hi I'm mercenary_15 I asked to join but you guys told me to introduce myself on the forums so I'm 21 male from San marcos California I live with my gf...idk how to introduce myself haha but I like playing the game I try to get on whenever I can but sometimes it's hard since the update I can't connect to the servers bc it says they're unavailable or my account failed to sign in but I like to enjoy myself on the game I'm not the best but at least I have fun playing the game idk what else to say besides I want to be a part of your clan 

Hi Merc.  That was quick.  Thanks for coming on and saying hi.  If you're gonna be a SPUD, we'd appreciate seeing you around here when you get some time.  I'll get you added to the roster.

Typically if you're having problems with the update, completely uninstall the game, and reinstall it.  After that, it's more then likely your internet provider.

Good luck, I'll see you out there, and look around the forums.  There is a plethora of information here that will help you become a better tanker.

View PostMercenary_15, on 07 August 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

Yes that how I found out about it but I didn't think I would have to introduce myself on the thrrad but oh well and idk when to request to join the clan again assuming that I introduced myself correctly haha

Take it easy, take your time, and remember that a bit of spell check and grammar is a good thing.  I'm guessing typing on the tablet/phone.  I struggle in game to spell correctly, too.

View Postruggs225, on 07 August 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Thanks for accepting me.  Great to receive a lot of friend requests from fellow Spuds!  I'm not a big tooner but have tried recently with some decent success.  I'm basically grinding every line so if you want to toon tier 7 or 8's right now I am usually on at night. See you on the battlefield!

I'll more then likely take you up on that offer if I see you on.  I've got lines from V-IX that I'm pushing through right now.

View PostPianoClassical, on 07 August 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

Hi!  Please consider my application to join.  I love the Galaxy Quest reference (one of my favorite movies).

I'm married, older than the hills (well, 50+), no children (unless you count the four legged variety), play when I can, play with a controller (pushing my thumb on a flat surface doesn't work well for me), try to improve (slow going), and I like low stress environs.  It would be an honor to have [SPUD] by my name.

Thanks!

P.S.  This is my first post on any public forum.  Ever.

P.P.S.  tinmanic, I believe I backed into you on the Mines hill yesterday when you were taking a shot.  Sorry 'bout that.

P.P.P.S.  Activate the Omega 13!

I'll see what I can do about getting you added big guy.

View Postt4four, on 07 August 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

The life this has taken on is amazing. Thanks stealth spud for doing this. I think it is already been said, but a real acct and a visit to the forum should be requirements.  Just because we don't want a lot of commitment doesn't mean we don't want a little effort. Hope to get on tonight for more than one match finally.

I completely agree.  I'm surprised by the response.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Archie761 #123 Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28015 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Hey all, 

I am interested in joining the Campers N Taters.

Background

40 year old dad of a 6 year old, married (edit: married to his mother)

Wife doesn't understand 'that damn tank game you play'

Engineer

Been playing since last October 

Average stats (mid 50's % WR)

Bit OCD on number crunching (comes from the job, see above) 

I don't platoon much, but want to more

Addicted to the game and slowly getting better

Edit: sent a clan request in game

Edited by Archie761, 07 August 2015 - 08:37 PM.

Archie761 #124 Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28015 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Holy crap that was quick.

Sweet I'm actually now a SPUD in name as well as in game!

PianoClassical #125 Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:25 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29952 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Ditto!  Gotta get to work on my camping skills...

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.” 

― A.A. Milne

furicle #126 Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:31 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 52015 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostArchie761, on 07 August 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

40 year old dad of a 6 year old, married

Jeez, a married six year old?  What were you thinking!?!?!

:-)

Welcome

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

Archie761 #127 Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28015 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Lol, I see an edit coming......

Thanks happy to be here!

t4four #128 Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:44 PM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 43687 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostArchie761, on 07 August 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

Lol, I see an edit coming......

Thanks happy to be here!

Your name vs your icon leads me to believe you have bit of an identity crisis...or you are redhead. Either way, welcome.  How did your battle count drop like that?  From 6212 to 0 from what I see.  Talk about a clean slate.  Watch I will post this and it will be fixed.
I like turtles

Archie761 #129 Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28015 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Hmmm now yours is a 0 battles

Correct on guess #2 but I've always had an identity crisis.......

I only put on the tinfoil hat Wednesday evenings between 7:23-8:51pm

ahredstealth #130 Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Forgot to do this earlier, and I'd like to do a write up about it (tactics and what not) but I think I'm going to need to put it in a different thread.  This one is huge already.

I'll probably nab a spot in regular ol' Clan Discussion, maybe call it "Tatics for Taters" or something.

Anywho, this is how my platoon with Sonnet_Volta went last night:

Spoiler

Obviously we were pretty pleased, and I was ecstatic as that was my first platoon with a Clan member.  After that battle I had to pull the plug as the wife was ready for bed, and after ten years of marriage I've slowly come to realize that when she says, "I'm going to bed." what that actually means is, "We're going to bed unless you want me to be pissed at you all day tomorrow."

She was not impressed with the Ace, either.  Rough crowd in my house.

N0sc0pr #131 Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3986 battles

Just made a signature image, if anybody wants to use it.

"The person who said that the pen was mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

'You're an f'in ugly tank! I wanna HEAT you to death, then play with your wreck.'

FavreDollarFootlong #132 Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4501 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 07 August 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Forgot to do this earlier, and I'd like to do a write up about it (tactics and what not) but I think I'm going to need to put it in a different thread.  This one is huge already.

I'll probably nab a spot in regular ol' Clan Discussion, maybe call it "Tatics for Taters" or something.

Spoiler

Obviously we were pretty pleased, and I was ecstatic as that was my first platoon with a Clan member.  After that battle I had to pull the plug as the wife was ready for bed, and after ten years of marriage I've slowly come to realize that when she says, "I'm going to bed." what that actually means is, "We're going to bed unless you want me to be pissed at you all day tomorrow."

Grats on the Ace and the win! Great start for our rag-tag group of tankers!

I was on wotbstars earlier, seeing if our clan was on the list yet. Apparently you need to email face and he will add us. Apologies if you already know/did this.

Excel_Spreadsheet #133 Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19009 battles
I sent a request in game to join, and would be delighted if I was accepted. I seriously care about winning - but I neither have the time or inclination to be a member of a serious clan right now. Very few things have made me laugh on this forum, but the OP and first page are one of them. Looks like a very fun / nice group / clan. 

Edited by Dreogo, 07 August 2015 - 11:12 PM.

ahredstealth #134 Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:19 AM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostDreogo, on 07 August 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

I sent a request in game to join, and would be delighted if I was accepted. I seriously care about winning - but I neither have the time or inclination to be a member of a serious clan right now. Very few things have made me laugh on this forum, but the OP and first page are one of them. Looks like a very fun / nice group / clan. 

If you can't have fun why be here, right?

Got through some more invites. We're actually in the mid forties now. Wow.

I've got a couple more players and one more named guy that I sent a message to go to the forums. Well see.

Archie761 #135 Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28015 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Nice,  mid 40s already! 

I am looking forward to running some toons with my new clan members.  I think I friended everyone, but if I missed anyone please send me an invite in game. 

See you out there

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #136 Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28696 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 07 August 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Spoiler

Nice job guys keep up the good work. Looking forward to platooning with the SPUDS. Lol and I know how that can be, when Mama is not happy nobody's is happy.:D

Have SPUD, will BUD

t4four #137 Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:17 AM

• Players
  • 43687 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postdementian, on 06 August 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

If there's still room to join, I would love to be a part of this.  Like others I am a father (of six!) and generally play later in the evening (mountain time zone) or sometimes I get a few games in early in the morning before work.

Maybe my son could join too?  His nickname is EEngineer. 

Want to say thanks to EEngineer for the platoon earlier. He got me to hit the platoon button for the first time in many thousand battles. Jumped in the deep end of the pool at tier IX.  He ran well in his T-54 while played poorly in my IS-8.  Switched to my Patton and we did much better.  It is going take while to shake those platooning jitters.

I like turtles

IronSpectre1138 #138 Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5546 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I've wanted to platoon for the oft-mentioned reasons, but have had reservations. I tried platooning a few hundred games ago with a fellow tanker who was near my win rate. That didn't work too well. I've also platooned with my ten year old daughter in our matching Matildas. Understandably, that was quite fun. 

My perception is that it's almost like having a team within a team. When I tooned with thye other guy, it seemed like neither of us really knew how to function properly within the parameters. When you toon, is it better to have very similar tanks which are performing the same function, e.g., both are heavies or mediums, etc.? i would imagine so.

I think I remember seeing a tutorial somewhere on here. If someone would be kind enough to post a link, it would be much appreciated.

"Traditionally, Spuds love to fight. All real Spuds love the sting of battle."

I am the official beer wench of the Spuds. I may not be a unicum, but I keep the suds flowing.

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #139 Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:43 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28696 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Hey fellow SPUD Brothers, just had a battle and saw my first fellow brother or so I thought. He was on red team, gave a shout out but nothing. After battle I went to check him out and to my surprise he was a SPUDS ( Royal Potato Batalion) clan. So just a heads up. Back to battling now. Happy Hunting.
Have SPUD, will BUD

t4four #140 Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:19 AM

• Players
  • 43687 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 07 August 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

Hey fellow SPUD Brothers, just had a battle and saw my first fellow brother or so I thought. He was on red team, gave a shout out but nothing. After battle I went to check him out and to my surprise he was a SPUDS ( Royal Potato Batalion) clan. So just a heads up. Back to battling now. Happy Hunting.

Wannabes.  But I wish them well. Awesome by association.

I like turtles

Also tagged with [SPUD]

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users