• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

tinmanic #161 Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32784 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 08 August 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

Sudden big life event struck (a good one) so my playtime may be curtailed for a while, we'll see. I just bought a T-44 and hit it with Free XP but need to fully equip it. If any SPUD sees me on and wants to credit grind in a platoon let me know. My preferred credit grinders are IS-6, Clown Car, and Panther/M10 though I have numerous premiums across tiers. It would probably be a handful of games at a time.

I've had some platoons with SPUDs and the results were good even when I crapped out early. Also a few shoutouts to the SPUD lifestyle from forumers in battle which is fun.

Congrats on your big life event! May many more come your way. I, too, am credit grinding this weekend with hopes of picking up a couple new tanks given the sale.  Will try to seek toonmates whenever I can sneak in a game between tasks

Edited by tinmanic, 08 August 2015 - 10:51 PM.

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

My Stats:

BigJake582 #162 Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 40281 battles
  • [RT987]
Sometimes I'm a couch potato. Does that count for anything?

dementian #163 Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 50123 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Lol, we're like a bunch of platooning misfits!

I'm up for credit grinding as well.  I use my is6 and t34.  Is6 platoons can dominate.

IronSpectre1138 #164 Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5546 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Thanks for platooning, SteelCityHammer. You were great. I think I was trying to force the situation a bit and ended up putting myself into bad spots because of it. Thanks for being patient.

"Traditionally, Spuds love to fight. All real Spuds love the sting of battle."

I am the official beer wench of the Spuds. I may not be a unicum, but I keep the suds flowing.

furicle #165 Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:21 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 52012 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Anyone who has used TS before and has client and willing to be a guniea pig please pm me. 

TS server is up, just figuring out how to lock it down a bit and add DNS. Stay tuned.

Not sure about separate forum - we met here... Wonder if Alo would give us our own section?

Edited by furicle, 08 August 2015 - 10:25 PM.

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

SteelCityHammer #166 Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12231 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Aramik: Anytime!  And you did fine!

SCH

t4four #167 Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:04 PM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 43685 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postaramikvideo19, on 08 August 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Thanks for platooning, SteelCityHammer. You were great. I think I was trying to force the situation a bit and ended up putting myself into bad spots because of it. Thanks for being patient.

Pretty sure a lot of us still have training wheels on our tanks when it comes to platooning. I know I do. 

View Postfuricle, on 08 August 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Anyone who has used TS before and has client and willing to be a guniea pig please pm me. 

TS server is up, just figuring out how to lock it down a bit and add DNS. Stay tuned.

Not sure about separate forum - we met here... Wonder if Alo would give us our own section?

Thanks for taking the lead on the teamspeak thing.  I am not ready to dive into that yet.  As far as our own section goes, I think the argument would go "do it for one clan, you have to do it for all clans."  I just read there are now 2000 clans in blitz.  Not all would want their own section, but there is that potential.  With that many choices, glad to see you joined this one.  Now, about that name. Any more hints?

I like turtles

SonnetVolta #168 Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15037 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostPsyberius, on 08 August 2015 - 03:11 AM, said:

Either two of the same class or two different classes can work. Using different classes tends to rely on communication more though. I haven't platooned a heck of a lot either. But I'm getting more into it and actually enjoy it. I have something in every tier so hit me up in game and I'll platoon with ya!

For platooning generally and for anyone platooning with me specifically, some tanks work well in "twin" platoons and some don't. Two IS-6's, statistically, will destroy anything they meet. But two Black Princes or two Caernarvons (my rides these days) are kind of weak tea. Basically, if you have a tank with a real weakness or quirky specialty role, you might not want to put two of that weakness or specialty on your team.

My favorite platoons are:

• TOG II* + Churchill VII "TOG Me To Church": The TOG goes hull-down behind the Churchill's armor. You have this rapid-fire, super-accurate BEAST in the backfield with a total of 2700 hit points. The TOG has gun depression and sheer damage. The Churchill has armor and penetration. Both have accuracy. SO GOOD TOGETHER.
  • Black Prince + Tiger ℗ : Both of these tanks have intense frontal armor, so they can take a beating even if they get caught in the open, so long as no one gets to the side or behind them. Both have accurate guns. The Black Prince has a rapid-fire gun that does moderate damage. The Tiger ℗ has an average-speed gun that does a lot of damage. Basically, it's "jab, jab, uppercut" all day long.
  • Caernarvon + ??? : I still haven't found the right partner for my Caernarvon yet. This is a "fast" heavy tank with an awseome turret and a sniper gun, but the hull is a joke and the ammo rack is right up front. I'm learning to play the Caernarvon as a tank destroyer when possible. Would love to know the right pairing for it.

better sig

duanedragon #169 Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12005 battles
  • [SPUD]

I have an is6 and would love to platoon with another. I found apcr really wakes up the gun on this tank but if you want to fire ap thats cool. The reds wont be able to tell who is trying to pen them and who is trying to kill them. I also like double tog platoons. I double tog dare you to platoon with me. I have yet to do a double at15a platoon but have seen some and they are unstoppable. Creeping death.

Tldr; I have premiums and would like to drive in a platoon of them.

Psyberius #170 Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:23 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles
Favorite OP platoon I've done so far was a buddy in an ST-I and me in my T-54. Use the T-54 to push the ST-I to ludicrous speed and the ST-I gets an OP med to watch his back using covering fire and tracking while the ST-I reloads. Hilariously OP combo. 

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #171 Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28696 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postusrbinperl, on 08 August 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

Greetings fellow taters! Is there anyone interested is using TS around the campfire? I've been toying with the idea of procuring a server for those so inclined, but first wanted to get a read on how many of my tot brothers would actually use it (I'm guessing not that many, but figured I'd ask). :coin:

I would be
Have SPUD, will BUD

Psyberius #172 Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:33 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

View Postusrbinperl, on 08 August 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

Greetings fellow taters! Is there anyone interested is using TS around the campfire? I've been toying with the idea of procuring a server for those so inclined, but first wanted to get a read on how many of my tot brothers would actually use it (I'm guessing not that many, but figured I'd ask). :coin:

I would use it whenever possible. Although I can't guarantee consistent time frames or anything. 

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Psyberius #173 Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:40 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles
Any SPUDs here have the knowledge, time and ambition to put together a forum where we could gather? Seems like this could be good for us. 

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

SonnetVolta #174 Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:45 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15037 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Wait, what do we need that this thread doesn't offer? 

better sig

SteelCityHammer #175 Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:31 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12231 battles
  • [SPUDX]

It's in the "recruiting" section.  We'll probably be moved at some point. 

SCH

Psyberius #176 Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:45 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

View PostSonnetVolta, on 08 August 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

Wait, what do we need that this thread doesn't offer? 

We could have a few threads for various topics as the needs arise for one thing. Nothing overly sophisticated or crazy that would detract from the founding principles of the clan, but our own place to pull up a lawn chair by the fire and roast diced taters.

View PostSteelCityHammer, on 08 August 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

It's in the "recruiting" section.  We'll probably be moved at some point. 

SCH

...and then there's this. What started out as a recruiting thread has become SPUD's general forum LOL

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #177 Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:03 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28696 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postfuricle, on 08 August 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

I got your message I've put in bookmarks ready to go next time. I enjoyed it very much looking forward to doing it again hope I didn't drag ya down to bad.

Have SPUD, will BUD

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #178 Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:21 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28696 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostGA5I1, on 05 August 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

I'm game. Sent in my request to join up.

hey GA , enjoyed platooning with you I wish I could've done better to help you out. Looking forward to next time.

Have SPUD, will BUD

cashcashme #179 Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:22 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6710 battles
  • [SPUD]
I'm always up for an IS-3 or Jpanther platoon, if anybody wants a platoon partner.

Ahredstealth, on 01 July 2016 said:

I love the new economy.  It's stupid.

"If you can't take the pain, then don't play the game"

#YOLOboy                                                                                                                                                                   Worst timing of anyone in [SPUD(X)]

t4four #180 Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:46 AM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 43685 battles
  • [SPUDX]

duanedragon said he like the twin IS-6 toon, turns out that is what we did for a couple runs.  Lost one we should have won and won the other handily even though the reds had some special mods. Sorry for the bad screen shot, but I was a bit amazed at what I was seeing.

http://imgur.com/mjaICSc

http://imgur.com/d7j4z4z

Guess I have to go read the guide on posting images again, but here are the links.

I like turtles

Also tagged with [SPUD]

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users