[SPUD]

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

bccchu #41 Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27372 battles
  • [SPUD]
Just submitted my request to join this clan. Please kindly consider.

My profile is similar to the others who have described themselves here: got two young kids, just looking to put in a few fun games here and there, play usually after they go to bed and early in the morning (pacific time) before i go to work (to take advantage of the x2 exp in the morning).

My goal for now: research all the tanks. Soviet first, then german, than american. but if needed, i am willing to buy back an old tank to help my fellow clanmates.

Would love to learn some group tactics with my fellow clanmates.

ahredstealth #42 Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postaramikvideo19, on 05 August 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

I know this all a bit of a joke, but i would actually like to platoon with my clan mates. I'm not sure how well it works without Team speak, but I'd like to give it a try. I'm slowly improving, but im still on the bottom stats- wise in the clan so I've got nowhere to go but up. 

I would also like to platoon with people.  I'd like everyone to be able to jump on whenever they are available and suddenly realize, "holy cow, Stealth is on  (EDIT: Not just me...  That sounds kind of self centered.  It could be Tinmanic, or bccchu.  Just mainly see a clan member).  I'll ask if he wants to run a game or two."  And then we can run a game or two.  Work on tactics.  And then when the baby starts crying I can be like, "GG.  G2G, Baby."  And everyone will know that I'm not blowing them off or anything.

Or when I play a game at 2 in the morning (baby up)... then one single game at 11:20 AM (just enough time after dishes and before making mac and cheese.)  And then maybe squeeze in about 4 or 5 games at 9:30 PM (almost time for bed!  Woot!) people will understand that my schedule is just sometimes that random.

View PostMowHawk_Warbird, on 05 August 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

I'd like to join.

What's the best tater? Of course that's the one with sub 900 battles!:trollface:

Will there be problems if I join but am not active often? I have weird control lag, and I don't like to play when my wi-fi is screwing with me.

Sent you an invite.

View Post_Desslok_, on 06 August 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

Stealth - that was one of the funniest postsI have read in a long time - I am still laughing!  For someone who "accidentally" created a clan, it looks like you've started something pretty good.

Yeah, it has gone pretty well.  I'm surprised by the turn out myself.  To be honest, I figured about 5 guys max.  We're up over 14 members now.  I found a list this morning when I got up, too.

Like I said before, any time you want to sign up, feel free.  Door is always open.  Also, feel free to send me that platoon invite any time you see me on.  I'll do the same.  Promise.

To the SPUD's!

We've got some new folks, all I ask is keep an eye out for each other.  Again, please don't rage at the nubs.  If anything share your wisdom, point them in the right direction, and have some fun.  If anyone wants to work on anything and I'm on, shoot me a message.

Tinmanic: I just figured out how to promote.  Sorry it took so long.  They really hide that button man.  Anywho.  I'm not sure what you can do, but feel free to look over applicants.  If you deem them to have low amounts of D-baggery, open the gate!

Edited by ahredstealth, 06 August 2015 - 12:50 PM.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Aivris #43 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]
Best of luck with recruitment! :honoring:

Ookla_the_Mok #44 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

I sent an in-game request.

The attitude of this endeavour and some of the people involved is appealing to me for several reasons: I don't currently use things like Teamspeak nor can I currently bend my schedule to accommodate required clan events or sessions, if I am in a clan (which I am still wary of I guess) I want to contribute not just be the least active member, and the game must be fun or I have other things I can do in my leisure.

Also, I'm approaching 10K games and while not a great tanker I am a good contributor in battles. Much of the improvement can be attributed to the other players sharing their thoughts even if indirectly. I might be able to help other players even if only on small details on specific tanks they are considering researching, or perhaps they want to platoon with a Premium they are considering buying, etc.

Some caveats are I can and will dish out opinions in-game that camping in a comet makes you a "fool" and a top-tier heavy that flanks to stop and snipe is "killing his own team" but I don't curse or truly rage. The most effective critique is "C'mon" as it conveys the right amount of "you are not helping" and "you frustrate me with your tanking." How much Dbaggery this involves is subjective. I'm about 2/3 jerk in real life so it is all tempered for general consumption.

Further caveats: I drink and tank in the evening, I demand an unofficial potato-based title if accepted, and I like sandwiches.

I would like to date the clan, take it to dinner and a movie, the aquarium for a second date (this always works), and take it from there. Don't tell my wife.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

Sethroskull #45 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42783 battles
  • [GLDG]
Great stuff.  I am Commander of Blouses [BLSE].  Pretty low requirements as well.  Good luck to you sir!

Tier 10 - E-100, IS-4, IS-7, Obj. 268

Tier 9 - E-75, IS-8, M103, ST-I, Obj. 704, T-54

Full Stats -  http://www.blitzstar...com/sethroskull

tinmanic #46 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26468 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 06 August 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

I would like to date the clan, take it to dinner and a movie, the aquarium for a second date (this always works), and take it from there. Don't tell my wife.

I was hoping for dinner and a movie before losing my platoonity...my momma told me not to lose my platoonity to just anybody. 

It would be an honor to have you on our team...your demeanor in the forums is first rate, plus good students need good teachers.  Thanks for choosing SPUD.  Please see if Thundarr the Barbarian can join, too...then we'd have a wicked awesome team.

edit:  just to clarify in case there was any question - I was referring to myself as the student, and you and the other experienced players in the clan as the teachers

Edited by tinmanic, 06 August 2015 - 02:21 PM.

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

My Stats:

tinmanic #47 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26468 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostSethroskull, on 06 August 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Great stuff.  I am Commander of Blouses [BLSE].  Pretty low requirements as well.  Good luck to you sir!

I love the Blouse theme - I cracked up when I saw the big picture of Prince (or formally known as Prince). Best of luck, and hope to see you & your team out there

My Stats:

tinmanic #48 Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26468 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postbccchu, on 06 August 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

Just submitted my request to join this clan. Please kindly consider.

My profile is similar to the others who have described themselves here: got two young kids, just looking to put in a few fun games here and there, play usually after they go to bed and early in the morning (pacific time) before i go to work (to take advantage of the x2 exp in the morning).

My goal for now: research all the tanks. Soviet first, then german, than american. but if needed, i am willing to buy back an old tank to help my fellow clanmates.

Would love to learn some group tactics with my fellow clanmates.

Awesome, bccchu, welcome!  ....and welcome to the forums, by the way.  Hopefully you'll see the same as me:  a ton of great write-ups & videos on gameplay tactics, plus a LOT of forumers that provide exceptionally helpful advice when asked.

(with a little drama sprinkled in now and then)

My Stats:

SteelCityHammer #49 Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12145 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostGA5I1, on 06 August 2015 - 02:18 AM, said:

What I have to submit a resume? Alright

1. Have a full time job? Check! Sell booze for a living
2. Kids? Check...too many to allow me to much beside shoot tanks and drink my samples
3. Play for fun? Well yeah
4. [edited]baggery? Lol I deal with that on a daily basis. Don't need it in a game I play for fun.

Gentlemen: Thank you for the honors bestowed upon me with acceptance into this elite band of warriors.  I shall proudly carry our colors (flag w/tater?) into battle. 

For my first act as a Member of this esteemed organization, I respectfully submit that this Spud should be immediatley promoted/ given Title of Quartermaster, based soley on the merits of his "samples".   Distribution and allocation of said supplies to be worked out at a later date. 

Regards, SCH

duanedragon #50 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12005 battles
  • [SPUD]
We need a battle standard.

hankhenry #51 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18802 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Hello, I too would like to be part of this clan...

- Full Time job and married, play whenever I can but there is no specific time that I do. 

- Enjoy the game and use it to relax. A win is nice but not the end of the world if I don't win

- Willing to help others out, i am not the best player but I have learned a few things on what not to do (ok I may still do them from time to time) . 

- I don't see the point in ragging or being a d-bag. It is just a game. 

Wasn't sure i needed a clan (what can it hurt) but this one seems to be on the same level as me. Please consider me please. 

tinmanic #52 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26468 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostSteelCityHammer, on 06 August 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

Gentlemen: Thank you for the honors bestowed upon me with acceptance into this elite band of warriors.  I shall proudly carry our colors (flag w/tater?) into battle. 

For my first act as a Member of this esteemed organization, I respectfully submit that this Spud should be immediatley promoted/ given Title of Quartermaster, based soley on the merits of his "samples".   Distribution and allocation of said supplies to be worked out at a later date. 

Regards, SCH

I am thirsty already

My Stats:

tinmanic #53 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26468 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Posthankhenry, on 06 August 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

Hello, I too would like to be part of this clan...

- Full Time job and married, play whenever I can but there is no specific time that I do. 

- Enjoy the game and use it to relax. A win is nice but not the end of the world if I don't win

- Willing to help others out, i am not the best player but I have learned a few things on what not to do (ok I may still do them from time to time) . 

- I don't see the point in ragging or being a d-bag. It is just a game. 

Wasn't sure i needed a clan (what can it hurt) but this one seems to be on the same level as me. Please consider me please. 

consider yourself considered & welcomed...I'm embarrassed to say I don't have a device on me right now to launch the game & send you an invite (wish they had offline clan admin), but I can do so later or you can send us a request and either Stealth or I can accept it once we're on. Thanks!!

My Stats:

t4four #54 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 35769 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Posttinmanic, on 06 August 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

consider yourself considered & welcomed...I'm embarrassed to say I don't have a device on me right now to launch the game & send you an invite (wish they had offline clan admin), but I can do so later or you can send us a request and either Stealth or I can accept it once we're on. Thanks!!

Stupid real world getting in the way of all our fun.
I like turtles

hankhenry #55 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18802 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Posttinmanic, on 06 August 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Awesome, thanks for the acceptance. See you all on the battlefield. 

(I have sent the request)

goldemi #56 Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

Private

• Players
  • 9193 battles
  • [IAC]
im also a parent, trying to play here and there (between feedings, changing diapers, and giving piggy back rides) and have fun as others yell at me for not playing right and being a noob (yet have great kill record).  how do i join you lazy non-parenting folks?

tinmanic #57 Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26468 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postgoldemi, on 06 August 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

im also a parent, trying to play here and there (between feedings, changing diapers, and giving piggy back rides) and have fun as others yell at me for not playing right and being a noob (yet have great kill record).  how do i join you lazy non-parenting folks?

welcome to the forums, and to our team!  By the way it's the 'tude that makes a worthy tater, not wins - but piggy back rides are a plus.  In fact if you can duplicate that on the battlefield, you'd be a legend across this forum.

My Stats:

furicle #58 Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:34 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 47770 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Found this thread... considering my surplus of children and long standing .sig  I just have to apply.

Sign me up!

(and I think I'll dig into this TS thing a bit on behalf of the tater nation if that's ok)

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

Sethroskull #59 Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42783 battles
  • [GLDG]

View Posttinmanic, on 06 August 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

I love the Blouse theme - I cracked up when I saw the big picture of Prince (or formally known as Prince). Best of luck, and hope to see you & your team out there

Thanks man....not sure anyone would get the reference.  It all started when me and a few of my buddies would play in person.  We'd say "Game....Blouses.  Just as Dave Chappelle does after he dunks the winning basket in that skit.  The name stuck.  Shout out to me or my clan in game if you see us.  I'll do the same.  

Tier 10 - E-100, IS-4, IS-7, Obj. 268

Tier 9 - E-75, IS-8, M103, ST-I, Obj. 704, T-54

Full Stats -  http://www.blitzstar...com/sethroskull

tinmanic #60 Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26468 battles
  • [SPUD]

A friendly Public Service Announcement to anyone stumbling across this thread:  I don't want non-parents to be scared away, so this is just a reminder that SPUD is for anyone that loves the game but sees it as entertainment, while being forced to split their time between real world things and blowing up tanks.  So whether you're a parent (to humans or non-humans) or busy with other real world things (like Mok fighting evil wizards), then we'll welcome you if you come equipped with good attitude and a desire to improve and/or share your tanking skills.  

I need a poster for my office now:  "It's the 'tude that makes the tater"

My Stats:

Also tagged with [SPUD]

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users