• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

tinmanic #61 Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26913 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postfuricle, on 06 August 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Found this thread... considering my surplus of children and long standing .sig  I just have to apply.

Sign me up!

(and I think I'll dig into this TS thing a bit on behalf of the tater nation if that's ok)

Great!  One condition: you must divulge the source of your name.  I think you posted ages ago that it's from some "obscure literary reference" and it drove me nuts at the time b/c I couldn't figure it out.  

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

My Stats:

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #62 Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27584 battles
  • [SPUDX]
My kind of clan. Have over 7,000 battles WR 52% Have tier 5 thru 9 American Mediums. Tier II &III Cruisers III & IV and M3. Tier V&VI Matilda BP and TOG II. I work during the day, Battle at night from about 8:30 pm to about Midnight 3 nights a week some times 4 ( sorry to many other hobbies). Kids are all grown up and moved out. just the wife and Harry the dog. Sometimes suffer from Cranial anal inversion, tunnel vision and noobiness, But I can also contribute to the team.( if I can put the beer down lol). If their is any slots available I would like to be considered for membership in the clan. Thank you for your time.   
Have SPUD, will BUD

FavreDollarFootlong #63 Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4501 battles

It would be an honor to be accepted into this clan!

I'm in the central time zone and play from noon-ish till ~6:00 PM weekdays, play off and on all day on weekends.

My kids are grown and in college, so no non-work related responsibities to interfere with smacking some tanks around!

I'm not above bribing someone to compensate for my average skills if that's what it takes join [SPUD]!

Ookla_the_Mok #64 Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:04 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

While I am occupied with marauding through a post-apocalyptic future, I play regularly in odd chunks of time. If any SPUD wants to platoon you can drop me a PM and work out a time/tier than kind of thing.

I sent friend requests to everyone listed in the clan and with the improved friends list it should be easy to see when people are on. There are times I'm skipping around tanks to grind crew XP on lights or somesuch so I will not always be in a platooning state of mind.

I admit to experiencing more joy than rightfully warranted upon seeing [SPUD] after my name in battle.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

getfoched98 #65 Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:11 PM

Private

• Players
  • 379 battles
Could I join up that is the coolest tag ever

tinmanic #66 Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26913 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 06 August 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

My kind of clan. Have over 7,000 battles WR 52% Have tier 5 thru 9 American Mediums. Tier II &III Cruisers III & IV and M3. Tier V&VI Matilda BP and TOG II. I work during the day, Battle at night from about 8:30 pm to about Midnight 3 nights a week some times 4 ( sorry to many other hobbies). Kids are all grown up and moved out. just the wife and Harry the dog. Sometimes suffer from Cranial anal inversion, tunnel vision and noobiness, But I can also contribute to the team.( if I can put the beer down lol). If their is any slots available I would like to be considered for membership in the clan. Thank you for your time.   

View PostFavreDollarFootlong, on 06 August 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

I'm in the central time zone and play from noon-ish till ~6:00 PM weekdays, play off and on all day on weekends.

My kids are grown and in college, so no non-work related responsibities to interfere with smacking some tanks around!

I'm not above bribing someone to compensate for my average skills if that's what it takes join [SPUD]!

View Postgetfoched98, on 06 August 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

welcome guys!

and getfoched98:  welcome to the forums!  glad you found the forums so early in your tanking life

My Stats:

dementian #67 Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40252 battles
  • [SPUDX]

If there's still room to join, I would love to be a part of this.  Like others I am a father (of six!) and generally play later in the evening (mountain time zone) or sometimes I get a few games in early in the morning before work.

Maybe my son could join too?  His nickname is EEngineer. 

furicle #68 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 48729 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Noodling around with signature line ideas...

Block Quote

A potato cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for mashing.
Albert Einscalloped

A spud will fight long and hard for a bit of colored win rating.
Napoleon Hashbrown

All they that take the spud, shall perish with the spud.
The Bible of Side Dishes

All sidedishes are based on destruction.
Sun Tzukon Gold
The Art of Mashing

An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.
Mahatma GandToTheMarket

An unjust fry is better than a just squash.
Cicero Skins

Either war is obsolete or potatoes are.
R. Buckminster Creamy Garlic

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and spuds.
Albert Einscalloped

I love the smell of deep fryer in the morning.
Anon, NY Fries training movie

In the frying pan there is no prize for the runner-up.
General Omar Chips

In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, dessert!
Winston Hill

It is fatal to enter any war without the spuds to win it.
General Dug MacArthur

It is well that burnt spuds are so terrible, or we should grow too fond of them.
Robert E. Puff

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties and so bear ourselves that, if the British Agria crop lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'
Winston Hill

Spuds must put an end to war before war puts an end to spuds.
John F. Rhode Island

Never in the field was so much owed by so many to so few.
Winston Hill

Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime. Ask the spuds and ask the dead.
Ernest Crinklecut

No one ever goes into battle thinking SPUD is on the other side.
Terry GoodCreamedSoup

Once more unto the fryer, dear friends, once more, Or close the kitchen up with our peels!
William Shoestring

Put your trust in spud; but be sure to keep your salt dry.
Oliver Bakewell

The art of spuds are simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
Ulysses Sweet Potato Grant

The death of one fry is a tragedy. The death of millions is a McDonalds.
Josef DriveIn

The object is not to die for your platoon but to make the other spud die for his.
George Sorrel Peel Jr.

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no salad.
Winston Hill

Spuds are the last refuge of the incontinent.
Isaac Asburnov

War does not determine who is a spud - only who is left.
Bertrand Russet

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

t4four #69 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 36687 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postfuricle, on 06 August 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

Found this thread... considering my surplus of children and long standing .sig  I just have to apply.

Sign me up!

(and I think I'll dig into this TS thing a bit on behalf of the tater nation if that's ok)

View Posttinmanic, on 06 August 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Great!  One condition: you must divulge the source of your name.  I think you posted ages ago that it's from some "obscure literary reference" and it drove me nuts at the time b/c I couldn't figure it out.  

You can't make him divulge classified information. Every time I see furicle post it drives me crazy. I always get the same info when I search.  Damn you Google.

I like turtles

t4four #70 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

• Players
  • 36687 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postfuricle, on 06 August 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Ya got skills for sure.

I like turtles

tinmanic #71 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26913 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postfuricle, on 06 August 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hilarious!  I'm about to get fired from my job today because it's been too hard taking my eyes off this thread as these posts come in - and yours, my friend, takes the cake. Great work...my faves:

Josef DriveIn

The object is not to die for your platoon but to make the other spud die for his.
George Sorrel Peel Jr.

Isaac Asburnov

War does not determine who is a spud - only who is left (uneaten)
Bertrand Russet

My Stats:

ruggs225 #72 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30519 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Seems like my type of clan.  Would love to join.  Have tier 7 or 8 in every line except Leopard... will soon have first tier IX. Over 51% WR and climbing.

cashcashme #73 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6707 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Posttinmanic, on 06 August 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Hilarious!  I'm about to get fired from my job today because it's been too hard taking my eyes off this thread as these posts come in - and yours, my friend, takes the cake. Great work...my faves:

Josef DriveIn

George Sorrel Peel Jr.

Isaac Asburnov

War does not determine who is a spud - only who is left (uneaten)
Bertrand Russet

I love it!

Ahredstealth, on 01 July 2016 said:

I love the new economy.  It's stupid.

"If you can't take the pain, then don't play the game"

#YOLOboy                                                                                                                                                                   Worst timing of anyone in [SPUD(X)]

MowHawk_Warbird #74 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5887 battles
  • [SAD3S]

View Postahredstealth, on 06 August 2015 - 05:48 AM, said:

I would also like to platoon with people.  I'd like everyone to be able to jump on whenever they are available and suddenly realize, "holy cow, Stealth is on  (EDIT: Not just me...  That sounds kind of self centered.  It could be Tinmanic, or bccchu.  Just mainly see a clan member).  I'll ask if he wants to run a game or two."  And then we can run a game or two.  Work on tactics.  And then when the baby starts crying I can be like, "GG.  G2G, Baby."  And everyone will know that I'm not blowing them off or anything.

Or when I play a game at 2 in the morning (baby up)... then one single game at 11:20 AM (just enough time after dishes and before making mac and cheese.)  And then maybe squeeze in about 4 or 5 games at 9:30 PM (almost time for bed!  Woot!) people will understand that my schedule is just sometimes that random.

Sent you an invite.

Yeah, it has gone pretty well.  I'm surprised by the turn out myself.  To be honest, I figured about 5 guys max.  We're up over 14 members now.  I found a list this morning when I got up, too.

Like I said before, any time you want to sign up, feel free.  Door is always open.  Also, feel free to send me that platoon invite any time you see me on.  I'll do the same.  Promise.

To the SPUD's!

We've got some new folks, all I ask is keep an eye out for each other.  Again, please don't rage at the nubs.  If anything share your wisdom, point them in the right direction, and have some fun.  If anyone wants to work on anything and I'm on, shoot me a message.

Tinmanic: I just figured out how to promote.  Sorry it took so long.  They really hide that button man.  Anywho.  I'm not sure what you can do, but feel free to look over applicants.  If you deem them to have low amounts of D-baggery, open the gate!

Thanks m8! I sadly cannot go in-game right now, so I will accept the invite later.

Closed Beta Tester for WOT: Generals

Proud LOTR fan

Also proud member of [SPUD]

BEST WEBSITE NA

cashcashme #75 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6707 battles
  • [SPUD]

Can I join? I sent a request in. 

My enemies shall gaze upon mine own eyes and be covered in the peels of a potato enraged.

Ahredstealth, on 01 July 2016 said:

I love the new economy.  It's stupid.

"If you can't take the pain, then don't play the game"

#YOLOboy                                                                                                                                                                   Worst timing of anyone in [SPUD(X)]

IronSpectre1138 #76 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5497 battles
  • [SPUDX]
"Traditionally, Spuds love to fight. All real Spuds love the sting of battle." General George S. Spudkenzie

"Traditionally, Spuds love to fight. All real Spuds love the sting of battle."

I am the official beer wench of the Spuds. I may not be a unicum, but I keep the suds flowing.

tinmanic #77 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26913 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postdementian, on 06 August 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

If there's still room to join, I would love to be a part of this.  Like others I am a father (of six!) and generally play later in the evening (mountain time zone) or sometimes I get a few games in early in the morning before work.

yep, and definitely bring the kid, too...especially with a name like that - he sounds smart and maybe the enemy will think twice about hitting a kid with glasses. OK SORRY - I know that was truly a tasteless joke and borders on d-baggery...I can be a b-buster sometimes, but I'm trying to keep my nose clean. We're absolutely glad to have both of you if he'll have us, of course  (and please don't tell King Tot what I said...I'm on short leash) 

View Postruggs225, on 06 August 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Seems like my type of clan.  Would love to join.  Have tier 7 or 8 in every line except Leopard... will soon have first tier IX. Over 51% WR and climbing.

Excellent, welcome!

View Postcashcashme, on 06 August 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

Can I join? I sent a request in. 

My enemies shall gaze upon mine own eyes and be covered in the peels of a potato enraged.

Welcome - I wish I had the user name "potato_enraged" now. 

CAVEAT:  We'd gladly welcome you all - problem is I've been saying "yes" all day without actually knowing how many we're up to...I think the limit is 50, right?  I'm iOS-deficient right now so perhaps someone can check the in-game roster to see where we're at thus far....otherwise I'll check when I get home in an hour or so. I'm getting the feeling we'll eventually need a 'brother' clan called SPUD2 or something at the rate we're going.

My Stats:

ahredstealth #78 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:48 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostFog_Cruiser_Australia, on 06 August 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

Best of luck with recruitment! :honoring:

You are the most positive force on the entirety of the forums.  It's actually slightly mind boggling.  I'm not certain if you're a bot, if you have the really good meds, or if you are just that incurably optimistic.  Whatever it is, thanks for the well wishes, and I hope to see you out there on the green side.  GG man, GG.

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 06 August 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

Some caveats are I can and will dish out opinions in-game that camping in a comet makes you a "fool" and a top-tier heavy that flanks to stop and snipe is "killing his own team" but I don't curse or truly rage. The most effective critique is "C'mon" as it conveys the right amount of "you are not helping" and "you frustrate me with your tanking." How much Dbaggery this involves is subjective. I'm about 2/3 jerk in real life so it is all tempered for general consumption.

Further caveats: I drink and tank in the evening, I demand an unofficial potato-based title if accepted, and I like sandwiches.

I would like to date the clan, take it to dinner and a movie, the aquarium for a second date (this always works), and take it from there. Don't tell my wife.

I suppose I should clarify.  What I am going to get all grumpy hedgehog about is if someone in [SPUD] is cursing out the rest of the team after they die (or before, but that's kinda stupid and rarely seen.), cursing out a heavy for flanking, cursing out a medium for camping on the hill... etc etc.

Here's the deal kids.  Pull up a chair around the camp fire and let me 'splain something to you.

When I started I sucked.  I got raged at.  I hit that point where I thought I was doing well, and started to rage at other people.  You know who that helped?  No one.  Not a single person EVER EVER EVER EVER played better because I cussed them out.  Now I know better then to assume I'm doing well.  I'm horrible, but that's okay.  It keeps me humble and open to learning.  I don't mind constructive criticism, such as, "Don't sit BROADSIDE!"  "TURN NOOBY!" or the ever popular, "Go help!"

I was once about to cuss out a player... back in the day... because I thought they were doing the wrong thing.  Turns out they were a unicum.  They carried the game and then some.  I was very glad I held my tongue.  It's better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Later in my tanking career, I came across a tier X American Heavy that started to flank through the swamp on Winter M.  I typed out, "Please don't flank a heavy thru swamp."  You know what he did?  He said, "Ok" and came back and followed with the group.  You catch more bugs with honey.  HOWEVER...!

He did zero damage, and still sucked.

So...  Even if you get that heavy to not flank, even if you get that medium off the hill, chances are they are going to barely help your team.  It's up to you.  It always has been.  It always will be.  You started the game with every weapon you need.  All that is left is to fight.

I still don't care if you want to tell someone not to flank a heavy.  That's fine.  I don't care if you give advice in a sarcastic manner.  I'm cool with that.  Just don't look like Yosemite Sam while you do it.  Bugs Bunny always remains calm cool and collected, and pretty much always has the upper hand.  Why is that?  Because Bugs is a Bad ###.  He doesn't run around toting his bad###ness to everyone.  He just does what needs to get done, while being horrible with directions.

There is a life lesson somewhere in all of that.

View PostSethroskull, on 06 August 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:

Great stuff.  I am Commander of Blouses [BLSE].  Pretty low requirements as well.  Good luck to you sir!

Yes, I am a big fan of [BLSE].  We should do a clan date night or something.  We'll bring the booze, you guys bring the silk shirts.

Wait... that may end up poorly.  How about we just go blow tanks up?

View PostSteelCityHammer, on 06 August 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

Gentlemen: Thank you for the honors bestowed upon me with acceptance into this elite band of warriors.  I shall proudly carry our colors (flag w/tater?) into battle. 

For my first act as a Member of this esteemed organization, I respectfully submit that this Spud should be immediatley promoted/ given Title of Quartermaster, based soley on the merits of his "samples".   Distribution and allocation of said supplies to be worked out at a later date. 

Regards, SCH

Can't do quartermaster.  Sounds too official.

I can do Tater-master-to-the-Q-dizzle, or possibly Quatertater  (not to be confused with quarterback.  You won't have to throw spuds.)  I'll have to confirm with Tinmanic.

View Postduanedragon, on 06 August 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

We need a battle standard.

I was thinking just a Zero.  Because that's how you know you potato'd.  "Oh... darn...  results screen said I potato'd.  I thought I landed that one shot.  hmm."

As it is now we have a circular blue circle with a star in it.  (which is the closest thing they had to a zero.)

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 06 August 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Give the wife a treat and send me pictures of Harry.  You're in.

View PostFavreDollarFootlong, on 06 August 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

Average Tanking skills will not be a problem.  Promises to bribe tell me you have what it takes in other areas.  Welcome aboard.  Mind the Gap on your way through the door.

View Postgetfoched98, on 06 August 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Tinmanic says you're okay.  So you're in.  Don't get us busted with that username.  I enjoy a good 98 as much as the next guy, but some people don't appreciate that kind of talk around here.  (seriously though, You might get renamed.  Don't be surprised.  I'm not a narc, and I'll happily still hang out with you if you get "System Rename_99983534"  I'm just trying to lay it out for you.

View Postdementian, on 06 August 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Added you both.  Is he an Electrical Engineer?

Two electrical engineers were walking down the sidewalk when a beautiful woman rides up to them on a bike, gets off, strips naked and says, "Take whatever you want.  It's all for you!"

A block later the first electrical engineer looks at the second one and says, "Good score on the bike."

The second EE replies back, "I didn't think the clothes would fit."

View Postfuricle, on 06 August 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

I have enjoyed many of these.  Good stuff.

Also, if anyone wants to use my signature thingy, feel free to copy and paste.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

ahredstealth #79 Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:04 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 06 August 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

Further caveats: I drink and tank in the evening, I demand an unofficial potato-based title if accepted, and I like sandwiches.

I meant to comment on this in the last post, but I forgot.

From what I remember in the long long ago you were the Katie from Texas that was not a Girl?  Who likes sandwiches (obviously, who doesn't?) and is now a Mok.

Yeah, I'm not certain if I have enough material here to work up a title.  Oh wait.  Give me a few minutes.

View Posttinmanic, on 06 August 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

CAVEAT:  We'd gladly welcome you all - problem is I've been saying "yes" all day without actually knowing how many we're up to...I think the limit is 50, right?  I'm iOS-deficient right now so perhaps someone can check the in-game roster to see where we're at thus far....otherwise I'll check when I get home in an hour or so. I'm getting the feeling we'll eventually need a 'brother' clan called SPUD2 or something at the rate we're going.

27 out of 50.

I think maybe we see how all of this goes before getting too crazy.  Maybe let things settle a bit.  I'm going to do my best to keep this from being a flash in the pan, and I think we've got some solid members here, but lets shake hands, get to know everyone... see where everything fleshes out.

Who knows if everyone will stay.  I do have an invite or two that I haven't heard from or of on the forums, so if everyone could keep an eye out, make certain they are upholding the good name of [SPUD], and even point them to the forums, that would be super.

One thing I did want to mention, we've got a guy in our clan that has yet to roll out a tier III.  To some clans, that's a liability.  That's a guy taking up a perfectly good spot.  To us, that's a guy that we can mold and shape into a great tanker with a great attitude.  That right there is possibility.

In every game we go in, if people see one person with [SPUD] being a decent human being and doing well, they'll think he's a bit off.

If two go in as a platoon and do the same thing, they'll think they are lovers on a honeymoon, because who is actually that happy in WOT Blitz, right?

If people start seeing droves of us running around, being decent to our team mates and trying to do well it will become a movement.  And that my fellow spuds, is hard to stop.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

t4four #80 Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

• Players
  • 36687 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I am probably stating the obvious but we should all update our friend list so we can see who is on in game.  Also, I am a complete platoon noob so I will require some patience and help in that area as well as in general tanking.
I like turtles

Also tagged with [SPUD]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users