[SPUD]

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

FavreDollarFootlong #81 Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4501 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 06 August 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

You are the most positive force on the entirety of the forums.  It's actually slightly mind boggling.  I'm not certain if you're a bot, if you have the really good meds, or if you are just that incurably optimistic.  Whatever it is, thanks for the well wishes, and I hope to see you out there on the green side.  GG man, GG.

I suppose I should clarify.  What I am going to get all grumpy hedgehog about is if someone in [SPUD] is cursing out the rest of the team after they die (or before, but that's kinda stupid and rarely seen.), cursing out a heavy for flanking, cursing out a medium for camping on the hill... etc etc.

Here's the deal kids.  Pull up a chair around the camp fire and let me 'splain something to you.

When I started I sucked.  I got raged at.  I hit that point where I thought I was doing well, and started to rage at other people.  You know who that helped?  No one.  Not a single person EVER EVER EVER EVER played better because I cussed them out.  Now I know better then to assume I'm doing well.  I'm horrible, but that's okay.  It keeps me humble and open to learning.  I don't mind constructive criticism, such as, "Don't sit BROADSIDE!"  "TURN NOOBY!" or the ever popular, "Go help!"

I was once about to cuss out a player... back in the day... because I thought they were doing the wrong thing.  Turns out they were a unicum.  They carried the game and then some.  I was very glad I held my tongue.  It's better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Later in my tanking career, I came across a tier X American Heavy that started to flank through the swamp on Winter M.  I typed out, "Please don't flank a heavy thru swamp."  You know what he did?  He said, "Ok" and came back and followed with the group.  You catch more bugs with honey.  HOWEVER...!

He did zero damage, and still sucked.

So...  Even if you get that heavy to not flank, even if you get that medium off the hill, chances are they are going to barely help your team.  It's up to you.  It always has been.  It always will be.  You started the game with every weapon you need.  All that is left is to fight.

I still don't care if you want to tell someone not to flank a heavy.  That's fine.  I don't care if you give advice in a sarcastic manner.  I'm cool with that.  Just don't look like Yosemite Sam while you do it.  Bugs Bunny always remains calm cool and collected, and pretty much always has the upper hand.  Why is that?  Because Bugs is a Bad ###.  He doesn't run around toting his bad###ness to everyone.  He just does what needs to get done, while being horrible with directions.

There is a life lesson somewhere in all of that.

Yes, I am a big fan of [BLSE].  We should do a clan date night or something.  We'll bring the booze, you guys bring the silk shirts.

Wait... that may end up poorly.  How about we just go blow tanks up?

Can't do quartermaster.  Sounds too official.

I can do Tater-master-to-the-Q-dizzle, or possibly Quatertater  (not to be confused with quarterback.  You won't have to throw spuds.)  I'll have to confirm with Tinmanic.

I was thinking just a Zero.  Because that's how you know you potato'd.  "Oh... darn...  results screen said I potato'd.  I thought I landed that one shot.  hmm."

As it is now we have a circular blue circle with a star in it.  (which is the closest thing they had to a zero.)

Give the wife a treat and send me pictures of Harry.  You're in.

Average Tanking skills will not be a problem.  Promises to bribe tell me you have what it takes in other areas.  Welcome aboard.  Mind the Gap on your way through the door.

Tinmanic says you're okay.  So you're in.  Don't get us busted with that username.  I enjoy a good 98 as much as the next guy, but some people don't appreciate that kind of talk around here.  (seriously though, You might get renamed.  Don't be surprised.  I'm not a narc, and I'll happily still hang out with you if you get "System Rename_99983534"  I'm just trying to lay it out for you.

Added you both.  Is he an Electrical Engineer?

Two electrical engineers were walking down the sidewalk when a beautiful woman rides up to them on a bike, gets off, strips naked and says, "Take whatever you want.  It's all for you!"

A block later the first electrical engineer looks at the second one and says, "Good score on the bike."

The second EE replies back, "I didn't think the clothes would fit."

I have enjoyed many of these.  Good stuff.

Also, if anyone wants to use my signature thingy, feel free to copy and paste.

Love the logo, thanks!

furicle #82 Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 48718 battles
  • [SPUDX]

One more addition please - son #1 - DeltaBird

He's at camp and may decide he wants to go elsewhere, but until then...

Oh, and make sure that Tier III guy friends me, we'll go a platooning!   As the person who's wasted the most time playing this game a more experienced 'tater, I'm happy to help!

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

FavreDollarFootlong #83 Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4501 battles

Anyone proficient in converting image files?

If so, would it be possible to convert Stealth's logo to .png format and resize to 440x100?

Raven_Cry #84 Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6457 battles
Sign me up!

VoightKampff #85 Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:19 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15952 battles
  • [SCAW]
As a member of the illustrious clan known as M.O.M., I salute you taters and look forward to seeing you on the field of planting. As you know, we are lovers of cake. We love all kinds of cake. Pie is right out. There is such a thing as potato cakes. Perhaps an alliance should be formed? M.O.M. Takes this game seriously.  We seriously intend to have fun blowing stuff up and getting blown up. Looks like our groupthink is similar to yours. It's something to think about... Happy planting! Oh...my favorite potatoes are blue potatoes. Yummy...blue potatoe cakes...yes...oh rats, I'm still typing. 

Describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind about...your mother.

nostuck2150 #86 Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 41138 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Request sent. 

I work full time love the game just want to play when I have the time..

tinmanic #87 Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26913 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostOrigamiUnicorn, on 06 August 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

As a member of the illustrious clan known as M.O.M., I salute you taters and look forward to seeing you on the field of planting. As you know, we are lovers of cake. We love all kinds of cake. Pie is right out. There is such a thing as potato cakes. Perhaps an alliance should be formed? M.O.M. Takes this game seriously.  We seriously intend to have fun blowing stuff up and getting blown up. Looks like our groupthink is similar to yours. It's something to think about... Happy planting! Oh...my favorite potatoes are blue potatoes. Yummy...blue potatoe cakes...yes...oh rats, I'm still typing. 

Thanks for the warm welcome, OU!  I think our views on gaming AND caking are pretty similar - and hope to see you in the 'garden' for a mutual harvest...

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

My Stats:

dementian #88 Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:44 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40231 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 06 August 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Added you both.  Is he an Electrical Engineer?

Two electrical engineers were walking down the sidewalk when a beautiful woman rides up to them on a bike, gets off, strips naked and says, "Take whatever you want.  It's all for you!"

A block later the first electrical engineer looks at the second one and says, "Good score on the bike."

The second EE replies back, "I didn't think the clothes would fit."

I have enjoyed many of these.  Good stuff.

Woohoo, good deal, thanks!  Actually I'm the electrical engineer...back in my completely noob days I created a second account (shhhh, don't tell WG).  Once my son showed interest in playing I turned the account over to him.  

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #89 Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27583 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I have found a home. Thanks. Hope to make the clan proud. And I will try to get you a picture of Harry. Lol
Have SPUD, will BUD

Ookla_the_Mok #90 Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:39 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postahredstealth, on 06 August 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

From what I remember in the long long ago you were the Katie from Texas that was not a Girl?  Who likes sandwiches (obviously, who doesn't?) and is now a Mok.

Yeah, I'm not certain if I have enough material here to work up a title.  Oh wait.  Give me a few minutes.

​Yeah, that is me. No longer Katie, still not a girl. So happy to have shed that mistaken name.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

nightporter13 #91 Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22824 battles
  • [SPUD]

Hilarious, please consider my request to join.  

I like to play for fun when I can, which is most of little free time I get to myself.  Wife is concerned.  So I'd like to play stress-free with like-minded players with no vague obligations.

SonnetVolta #92 Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:32 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14739 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 06 August 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

I was thinking just a Zero.  Because that's how you know you potato'd.  "Oh... darn...  results screen said I potato'd.  I thought I landed that one shot.  hmm."

As it is now we have a circular blue circle with a star in it.  (which is the closest thing they had to a zero.)

Is it like a clip-art list of little logos you can choose, or can you upload your own? I haven't seen anything like that, but I'm guessing it's because I'm not a clan founder. I can make us a little logo if you tell me the graphics specs (64x64px .png or whatever they tell you).

better sig

SonnetVolta #93 Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14739 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postaramikvideo19, on 05 August 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

I know this all a bit of a joke, but i would actually like to platoon with my clan mates. I'm not sure how well it works without Team speak, but I'd like to give it a try. I'm slowly improving, but im still on the bottom stats- wise in the clan so I've got nowhere to go but up. 

Hi aramikvideo19: You have the Churchill I and the Churchill III, so let's platoon and work on those. I'm no expert, but I have a lot of games in them and I think I can help you there. I'm no good in fast tanks so someone else will help you out with those.

better sig

IronSpectre1138 #94 Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5497 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostSonnetVolta, on 07 August 2015 - 01:10 AM, said:

Hi aramikvideo19: You have the Churchill I and the Churchill III, so let's platoon and work on those. I'm no expert, but I have a lot of games in them and I think I can help you there. I'm no good in fast tanks so someone else will help you out with those.

Sounds good.

"Traditionally, Spuds love to fight. All real Spuds love the sting of battle."

I am the official beer wench of the Spuds. I may not be a unicum, but I keep the suds flowing.

ahredstealth #95 Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostOrigamiUnicorn, on 06 August 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

We'll keep some cold ones in the cooler for anyone from M.O.M. that wants to stop by and hang out.  

View PostSonnetVolta, on 06 August 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

Is it like a clip-art list of little logos you can choose, or can you upload your own? I haven't seen anything like that, but I'm guessing it's because I'm not a clan founder. I can make us a little logo if you tell me the graphics specs (64x64px .png or whatever they tell you).

It's pre-selected pictures.  There are ten choices.  I see no where to upload anything.  Maybe that will be an option later?  I'd bet they want to keep them small and controlled, as that will possibly be put on the tanks in future additions...

Also, Spuds, we have a serious dilemma facing us.  I'm starting to get invites from Player_3415134512345123.  Now, I'm preaching about pretty relaxed entrance standards, and I'd like to uphold that... but I would also like to meet everyone, have people stop by the forums, and at least have some comradery here.  So far, it seems they are shot-gunning out invites to many clans as when I check them out again in a few minutes, they already have a different [TAG], so I haven't had to worry about it too much, but I'm thinking of amending the SPUD-stitution to include you must take the time to not have a demo account.

To do so I'll need a majority vote of whatever I say goes, but I thought I'd open it up to the senate and see if anyone has a problem with that?

I managed to sneak in a platoon with SonnetVolta last night which was pretty solid.  More about that later, but I just wanted to point out that this is working, and it's nice to have everyone to platoon with even for one quick game.

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 06 August 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

I have found a home. Thanks. Hope to make the clan proud. And I will try to get you a picture of Harry. Lol

I would also like to point out that it was hilariously frustrating to type your name into the search do-ah-thingie.  I will totally platoon with you, and we will have a good time, but you'll need to seed me the friend invite, because typing that name out again will make me go cross-eyed.  How do you log into the forums?  I just don't understand.

View Postt4four, on 06 August 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

I am probably stating the obvious but we should all update our friend list so we can see who is on in game.  Also, I am a complete platoon noob so I will require some patience and help in that area as well as in general tanking.

I need much practice with Platooning as well.  It will be an ongoing thing that we work on together I feel.  I tend to forget about the double shot that gives platooning such an advantage.  No worries mate.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Ookla_the_Mok #96 Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postahredstealth, on 07 August 2015 - 07:42 AM, said:

Also, Spuds, we have a serious dilemma facing us.  I'm starting to get invites from Player_3415134512345123.  Now, I'm preaching about pretty relaxed entrance standards, and I'd like to uphold that... but I would also like to meet everyone, have people stop by the forums, and at least have some comradery here.  So far, it seems they are shot-gunning out invites to many clans as when I check them out again in a few minutes, they already have a different [TAG], so I haven't had to worry about it too much, but I'm thinking of amending the SPUD-stitution to include you must take the time to not have a demo account.

To do so I'll need a majority vote of whatever I say goes, but I thought I'd open it up to the senate and see if anyone has a problem with that?

I vote NO to any demo accounts. If they cannot take the time to choose a name then I would not expect them to be willing to communicate in basic ways and be a decent SPUD. Most of these players are scrambling for a clan because it is the hot thing. How have they given any thought to what clan is for them? This is why I would extend the NO to anyone not on the forums. Even someone with a single post at least knows the forum is here and can read any info, including the mantra of this clan. Furthermore, if we are not to have a website nor teamspeak, the forum provides a venue for basic clan communication.

The relaxed entrance standards are part of the clans DNA but also part of that DNA is someone reading this thread or knowing some of the members and deciding this might be the right fit for them. I don't see any hurry on hitting 50 members so we can see if more people from the forums (or that SPUDS know through other means) want to pull up to our campfire.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

tinmanic #97 Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26913 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postahredstealth, on 07 August 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

I need much practice with Platooning as well.  It will be an ongoing thing that we work on together I feel.  I tend to forget about the double shot that gives platooning such an advantage.  No worries mate.

Agreed - I'd like to do business with folks that chose their name instead of the default-named accounts, and ideally I'd like to see them post something, anything, even a "hi can I join" on the forum...if only to do our part in promoting the use of the forum.  

As for "platoon noobism", I take the cake. On the bright side I finally lost my platoonity last night, boys! - but I may have scared off one of our members in the process.  I tried my first rounds with Dyllan and I was a wreck - had no idea what I was doing plus forgot that I had stripped most of my lower tier tanks to scrape up credits a while back, so went into battle bare bones and totally confused.  Dyllan was a good sport nonetheless.

Also danced with Sonnet for a few rounds in the wee hours...thanks for being gentle, Sonnet, you made me feel special.  I'll get the hang of it, I promise.

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

My Stats:

Psyberius #98 Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:24 PM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles
This sounds like a great clan! I love the ironic clan name and tag and I too am an "adult" gamer that works odd hours but loves this game and is working to improve every battle. I, like many others here,  play to relax as well. I can laugh and learn from my mistakes and those of others without raging. I like to think of my main competition as myself. I'm sort of a noob when it comes to clans and such but this sounds like it could be a good home for me. I sent in a request in-game that I hope you'll consider accepting. Cheers, Psyberius o7.

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

ahredstealth #99 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostPsyberius, on 07 August 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Cheers, Psyberius o7.

You're in.  Have fun.

Okay, so here's the new policy.  I need a post in this thread to be considered for [SPUD]ness.  Or, at very minimum someone posting here on behalf of the applicant.  Who knows, maybe they're from some fifth world country that doesn't have forums, but does have gaming tablets, right?

I've gone through the applicant list, sent them all a message that we would like to see them stop by the forums and say hi if they would like to be a member of Campers N Taters.  (other than Deltabird, who is still in que.  I did this because I don't know if the boy is back from camp and wants to be a Camper/Tater.  I'm going to let that up to Tinmanic, as he was on when the whole thing first popped up.  Whenever Deltabird gets back, and we know for sure, we'll do what needs to happen.)

We do have a few people that got in before this loophole was closed, so if you guys do see them on, please extend a greeting, invite them to the forum, and let me know if they're being D-bags or anything.  Swift action will be taken... unless I'm tired, and then it will be on my own time.

Edited by ahredstealth, 07 August 2015 - 03:03 PM.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

hankhenry #100 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19080 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 07 August 2015 - 07:42 AM, said:

If it helps I would vote No. Agree with the others that they at least need to take the time to create an account with WG. It just helps to be able to remember them. If there are multiple "Player_12345..." in the clan I may not be able to remember them all (the memory is not like it used to be). Also being part of the forum would help. I have learned so much from it, plus found this great clan. 

So far only had time to play a few games (the weekend will be the same, working...) but was able to platoon with bccchu. Won one, lost one. Thanks for the fun. 

Good luck to everyone. 

Also tagged with [SPUD]

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users