Not a recrutement thread

• Please log in to reply
839 replies to this topic

Radarralph #1 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

This is not again a recrutement thread for iii-  I liked the fact that there was a place for old guys to discuss and cuss and generlay say hellow to eachother with out alot of garbage being thrown or pushed at us.

I felt that the old guy thread was a place for that but it was deamed a recrutement thread and moved then arcived. Well some of us old guys doen look alot of places and go to that thread to keep up and see what is happening with us OLD GUYS.

Please feel free to continue to post on this thread and again this is not for recrutement. Nore is it to detract from the Trairii and its founder.

Thanks

Radar

Community Pledge Signer

someguyfromPitt #2 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 48921 battles
  • [III]

Let's talk about wives who can't drive.

my wife has wrecked three cars in two months. 

Last night, she drove on a rim for a mile. Did...

$240 in towing charges

$170 new tire

$240 new rim

and more to come. 

This is is why I won't let her drive the E5. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

Radarralph #3 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
I hear that I let my wife take a CRV to Denver which is a four hour trip from Casper at 80MPH.  She returned home and it died half a block form that house. The dealer told me it would cause $2600 to replace the engin. I don't have to wory about her driving my E5 but I got to be carefuel so she won't stop me from driving it.

Community Pledge Signer

Bbm_14 #4 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:25 PM

Simia est simia, etiamsi purpura vestiatur

• Players
  • 25268 battles
  • [DD-R]

View PostRadarralph, on 05 August 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

This is not again a recrutement thread for iii-  I liked the fact that there was a place for old guys to discuss and cuss and generlay say hellow to eachother with out alot of garbage being thrown or pushed at us.

I felt that the old guy thread was a place for that but it was deamed a recrutement thread and moved then arcived. Well some of us old guys doen look alot of places and go to that thread to keep up and see what is happening with us OLD GUYS.

Please feel free to continue to post on this thread and again this is not for recrutement. Nore is it to detract from the Trairii and its founder.

Thanks

Radar

I like the way you think... (Old guy here)

I never posted on #1 but it took me three days to read..! (;     

+1

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

========================================

putnamJavi #5 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 05 August 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

$240 in towing charges

$170 new tire

$240 new rim

and more to come. 

Admit it Pitt!  You didn't marry her for her driving skills...

Shield380 #6 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4171 battles
  • [LI-TR]
Now I can't really determine whether these are jokes are real stories....

No longer active

SkiFletch #7 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30367 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 05 August 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

$240 in towing charges

$170 new tire

$240 new rim

and more to come. 

Damn, what kinda car/truck is she driving that a tire costs $170?

If it makes you feel any better, my wife did the same thing.  We work at the same complex though not next to each other and rarely drive together.  She emails me one morning, "The car was making funny noises on my way in, can you look at it on lunch?"  Go grab the keys from her and walk out to the lot where she parks.  Turn down the isle, see the back end of the car, :facepalm: flat tire.  Put the spare on for her (cause I like the privilege of driving my own E5) and tell her to go get a new tire/rim.  

She says, "can't they fix it?"  

"No sweety, not when you drive on it for 10 miles of potholed city lunacy.  Next time, stop when you hear that noise and call me first."

"OK, I was late though..."

:facepalm:

Lephturn #8 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostBbm_14, on 05 August 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

I like the way you think... (Old guy here)

I never posted on #1 but it took me three days to read..! (;     

+1

Good to know that the NEW Old Guys thread provides a bit of value the old one couldn't. It is sad to lose that mega-thread and all of it's history.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Lephturn #9 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostSkiFletch, on 05 August 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

Damn, what kinda car/truck is she driving that a tire costs $170?

If it makes you feel any better, my wife did the same thing.  We work at the same complex though not next to each other and rarely drive together.  She emails me one morning, "The car was making funny noises on my way in, can you look at it on lunch?"  Go grab the keys from her and walk out to the lot where she parks.  Turn down the isle, see the back end of the car, :facepalm: flat tire.  Put the spare on for her (cause I like the privilege of driving my own E5) and tell her to go get a new tire/rim.  

She says, "can't they fix it?"  

"No sweety, not when you drive on it for 10 miles of potholed city lunacy.  Next time, stop when you hear that noise and call me first."

"OK, I was late though..."

:facepalm:

Mine likes to back into stuff with her mini-van. With the backup camera. That she doesn't apparently LOOK at when backing up.

Good thing we love them. CINC-House yes - CINC-car NOT.

Years ago we had an older used Taurus - and the water pump broke while we were driving an hour or so to her parent's place. I was napping in the passenger seat while she drove. I'm dozing and I hear her say "Wow. That is a lot of white smoke back there." I jolt upright to see steam billowing out behind us. An exit is coming up so I say - exit now! Pull over." She rolls past the exit and says "I don't mind, we'll fix it when we get to Mom's." Um no. That's water dear. "But it's still running fine!"

I eventually convinced her to pull over. Luckily in time to just cost me a tow truck and a water pump. Another 30 seconds and it was probably a motor.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

LM7878 #10 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

Private

• Players
  • 17644 battles

Hello to all the WOTB "old timers" once again, esp. the boys at III.  I can play tanks any time I want now--my fat squaw wife ran dead 2 horses in the last month...so I pushed her off a cliff. She hated me so much she didn't even yell my name on the way down. 

Radarralph #11 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostShield380, on 05 August 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

Now I can't really determine whether these are jokes are real stories....

It is apparent that you are not married or have been for not long.  Yes they are true stories.  Or like the one that gets me when I got married and had finaly gotten into a home my wife sais can't you put in a new toilet? yes dear but I have to get stuff to upgrade the sewer line.  Can't you just buy a new one and "drop it in" her take was just get it put it down on the floor and it's done. Of course doing sewer work as I am not a plumber usualy costs me more cause enevatably I brake something else trying to get the part fixed that I'm replacing or fixing.

Community Pledge Signer

WriterDude #12 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:07 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 05 August 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

$240 in towing charges

$170 new tire

$240 new rim

and more to come. 

A new iPad is only $500, and WOTB is a free download.. .just saying... 

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

Radarralph #13 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostLephturn, on 05 August 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

Mine likes to back into stuff with her mini-van. With the backup camera. That she doesn't apparently LOOK at when backing up.

Good thing we love them. CINC-House yes - CINC-car NOT.

Years ago we had an older used Taurus - and the water pump broke while we were driving an hour or so to her parent's place. I was napping in the passenger seat while she drove. I'm dozing and I hear her say "Wow. That is a lot of white smoke back there." I jolt upright to see steam billowing out behind us. An exit is coming up so I say - exit now! Pull over." She rolls past the exit and says "I don't mind, we'll fix it when we get to Mom's." Um no. That's water dear. "But it's still running fine!"

I eventually convinced her to pull over. Luckily in time to just cost me a tow truck and a water pump. Another 30 seconds and it was probably a motor.

I just got a new Honda Odacy due to my dead engin, it only had 197000 on it. Any way the new van when you get ready to back up tilts the drivers mirror down so you can see the ground behind you.  My wife got in put it in revers and said that's strange and reajusted the mirror and couldn't understand why I was telling her not to. Her response was 'well you should have explained that before"  Of cours she would not drive it when we took it out to test drive it.

Community Pledge Signer

Bbm_14 #14 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

Simia est simia, etiamsi purpura vestiatur

• Players
  • 25268 battles
  • [DD-R]

^^^... Not one BUT plumbers earn their money... 

(I'd rather stick needles in my eye...) (;

edit: "BUT"... Lol

Edited by Bbm_14, 05 August 2015 - 08:55 PM.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

========================================

BootlegTampico #15 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22549 battles

http://forum.wotblit...4677#entry24677

In case you want to look back for old times sake.

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

WriterDude #16 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:16 PM

• Players
  • 23053 battles

Can we riff on step-daughters? Mine kept telling me about a "grinding noise" in the front wheels of her Rav4. I take it for a drive, and no problem. Next day, she hears the noise again. I take it for a drive, no problem. Next day she hears a grinding noise. I ask her when she hears the grinding noise - is it when it's accelerating, or braking, or just after she starts moving, or during turns? She says "oh, it happens every time I turn."

I ask her to show me - she spins the wheel hard over until it stops, and the power steering makes a little noise that sounds like "save me, help, save me"... and she says "see? Do I need to take that to the dealer?"

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

Shield380 #17 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4171 battles
  • [LI-TR]

View PostRadarralph, on 05 August 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

It is apparent that you are not married or have been for not long.  Yes they are true stories.  Or like the one that gets me when I got married and had finaly gotten into a home my wife sais can't you put in a new toilet? yes dear but I have to get stuff to upgrade the sewer line.  Can't you just buy a new one and "drop it in" her take was just get it put it down on the floor and it's done. Of course doing sewer work as I am not a plumber usualy costs me more cause enevatably I brake something else trying to get the part fixed that I'm replacing or fixing.

LOL Lokeen and Microcarnage filled me in on the true story part.

No longer active

Radarralph #18 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostWriterDude, on 05 August 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Can we riff on step-daughters? Mine kept telling me about a "grinding noise" in the front wheels of her Rav4. I take it for a drive, and no problem. Next day, she hears the noise again. I take it for a drive, no problem. Next day she hears a grinding noise. I ask her when she hears the grinding noise - is it when it's accelerating, or braking, or just after she starts moving, or during turns? She says "oh, it happens every time I turn."

I ask her to show me - she spins the wheel hard over until it stops, and the power steering makes a little noise that sounds like "save me, help, save me"... and she says "see? Do I need to take that to the dealer?"

That sounds right don't get me wrong I do love my wife but when they change their mind every five minutes and then say you should know me better than that after 45 years of marrage. I do know her and she will change her mind evey five minutes untill it gets done.

Cant live witout them cant live with them at times.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #19 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostLM7878, on 05 August 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

Hello to all the WOTB "old timers" once again, esp. the boys at III.  I can play tanks any time I want now--my fat squaw wife ran dead 2 horses in the last month...so I pushed her off a cliff. She hated me so much she didn't even yell my name on the way down.

Where do you live is it by the Grand Canyon? I had a dispatcher once that kept herassing me when I was working. She as a little short gal and one day started in on me so I told her "why dont you jump off the curb and comitt suicide" She shut up and wouldn't talk to me for a week.

Community Pledge Signer

WriterDude #20 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View PostRadarralph, on 05 August 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Cant live witout them cant live with them at times.

Let me check with my wife and find out what I think about this. Back in a minute.

Uh, she says I'm in trouble, but she won't tell me what it is, because I should know. Sigh.

Also tagged with Not a recrutement thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users