• Please log in to reply
839 replies to this topic

SlavianBlood #21 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6401 battles
  • [IRH]
Hello!

Just want so say "hi" to all of You :) im new here, my english is far from being perfect, so please forgive me all my errors, mispelling etc. I wish You all great moments with WoTB, many epic battles and happy hunting in platoons.

Have a great day Mates :)

Radarralph #22 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostWriterDude, on 05 August 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

Let me check with my wife and find out what I think about this. Back in a minute.

Uh, she says I'm in trouble, but she won't tell me what it is, because I should know. Sigh.

lol so true!!!

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #23 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostSlavianBlood, on 05 August 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

Hello!

Just want so say "hi" to all of You :) im new here, my english is far from being perfect, so please forgive me all my errors, mispelling etc. I wish You all great moments with WoTB, many epic battles and happy hunting in platoons.

Have a great day Mates :)

Welcome to the Forum we enjoy talking to everyone so if you have questions just ask.

Community Pledge Signer

WriterDude #24 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View PostSlavianBlood, on 05 August 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

Hello!

Have a great day Mates 

You're doing fine - no worries about rough edges in your English.

However, if you flank in a heavy tank on Malinovka, I'm sorry but someone's gonna have to say something. :izmena:

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

BHam101 #25 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4234 battles
  • [TTYL]

Ahhhhhh, wives...

From the mouth of Norm on Cheers..."women, can't live with them"..."pass the beer nuts would you"..."seriously...pass the beer nuts"

utrear #26 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13745 battles
  • [III-X]
I'm an 'old' guy according to your original standards (celebrated 30 yrs of breathing about a month ago). Also married, only for 4 yrs now. These stories are making me laugh so hard I almost have tears in my eyes. Sort of looking forward to the stories I'll be able to tell in the future.

A Student of the ways of tanking

Radarralph #27 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postutrear, on 05 August 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

I'm an 'old' guy according to your original standards (celebrated 30 yrs of breathing about a month ago). Also married, only for 4 yrs now. These stories are making me laugh so hard I almost have tears in my eyes. Sort of looking forward to the stories I'll be able to tell in the future.

Just dont tell them too loud or let your wife see your text in this forum or you'll be in hot watter for EVER.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #28 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
We can't all have perfict wives like ENO whos wife lets him to this game and doesn't mine. Of course if the truth be known she probably has a WOTB account of her own.

Community Pledge Signer

raysheen #29 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23050 battles
  • [III]

I approve of the new old guys thread! :)

Thankfully, my wife is a good driver...though there was that time she came home with no pads left, Ahhh the sound of steel on steel.

Lephturn #30 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostRadarralph, on 05 August 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

I just got a new Honda Odacy due to my dead engin, it only had 197000 on it. Any way the new van when you get ready to back up tilts the drivers mirror down so you can see the ground behind you.  My wife got in put it in revers and said that's strange and reajusted the mirror and couldn't understand why I was telling her not to. Her response was 'well you should have explained that before"  Of cours she would not drive it when we took it out to test drive it.

Hah - the mini-van in question is my wife's Honda Odyssey. Mine doesn't have that feature, but if it did I can only imagine something similar happening...

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Lephturn #31 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostWriterDude, on 05 August 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

Let me check with my wife and find out what I think about this. Back in a minute.

Uh, she says I'm in trouble, but she won't tell me what it is, because I should know. Sigh.

You win. Truth right there.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

WriterDude #32 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:39 PM

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View PostRadarralph, on 05 August 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

We can't all have perfict wives like ENO whos wife lets him to this game and doesn't mine. Of course if the truth be known she probably has a WOTB account of her own.

Yeah, or because he never tells us her name, who wants to bet it's "Candice," aka "Candy" from Candy Crush Saga... Kinda puts a whole new spin on that perfect wife thing, huh? 

Although truthfully, my wife is a marvel. She brings me cold drinks, hot drinks, and Scotch, all at the appropriate times. She gets upset in that not-really-upset-but-kinda way when I make my own lunch. I wanted to buy a cheap camera to replace my 10-year old Canon, and she said, "why not get the more expensive one? You'll enjoy it more!"

Plus, she has not once - knock wood - not ONCE told me I couldn't get the discounted iTunes cards at Costco. Then again, I don't ask for them much... but still. 

Even better? I know for an absolute certainty that she won't ever read this, so I'm bragging on her behind her back. :izmena:

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

Zapocalype #33 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20969 battles
  • [MOM7]

In all fairness:

I own a GSO (guitar shaped object) but I wanted a new guitar that actually had good action, decent tone, etc., so I waited until my wife left town yesterday and bought the new one today.

I intend to put the new guitar exactly where the old guitar used to be, and to hide the old guitar. I'm banking that all guitars look the same to her and she'll never figure it out.

This doesn't make me a bad person, does it?

The new guitar is a Martin Dreadnought Junior, because it fits my mutant hands well.

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine...- From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

"The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons." -Russian military doctrine.

Manwolf100 #34 Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5811 battles
  • [III-Z]

"my wife got up yesterday and told me while she was serving me coffee in bed that she was excited about 2.0 dropping and asked me my thoughts about it. After sharing my excitement about the clan additions, and her listening intently to my description of the changes in maps, she asked me to rank my top 5 tanks and why. She then suggested I buy some gold so I could acquire two or three new premiums I didn't have. In fact, she just called and told me she had explained to the girls the importance of being quiet tonight so I could get on TS and have my fun gladiating with my Triarii buds."

And then I woke up..........

-Community Pledge Signer-

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while

defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu

WriterDude #35 Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:09 PM

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View PostZapocalype, on 05 August 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

In all fairness:

I own a GSO (guitar shaped object) but I wanted a new guitar that actually had good action, decent tone, etc., so I waited until my wife left town yesterday and bought the new one today.

I intend to put the new guitar exactly where the old guitar used to be, and to hide the old guitar. I'm banking that all guitars look the same to her and she'll never figure it out.

Guitar guilt? Oh my... Give it up.

CptCheez #36 Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:17 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostZapocalype, on 05 August 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

I intend to put the new guitar exactly where the old guitar used to be, and to hide the old guitar. I'm banking that all guitars look the same to her and she'll never figure it out.

Have to admit, I've done that many, many times with various electronics in the house.  My wife is a complete technophobe, so she has no idea what any of it does or what it is.  I've replaced printers, routers, home theater amps, TVs, computer monitors, you name it.  And she never notices.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

BWK60 #37 Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42489 battles
  • [III-Z]

Good to see this -- what's old is new again.

_ENO_ #38 Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

Let's just make sure we keep this "general game" discussion and not completely off topic... Thanks for getting this back online Radar- It's still a good meeting point for us older folks to talk about the game before the transition to our own site. 

Zip___LuLu #39 Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:11 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28883 battles
  • [SPUD]

I just registered at the Triarii website and thought I'd better introduce myself here.  I'm entering alcohol soft middle age (wonder if young ones will catch that reference?), am married and have 2 children.  My son got me into playing Blitz and my wife hates that both of us play!!  Although, she was kind enough to give me an iTunes card she had won which I took as a sign to buy the Victory when it was for sale.  I'm in no rush to get to the higher tiers; I enjoy playing for ace mastery badges and posting them in Vanpeenen's thread.  Short term goal is to buy the Comet and start grinding that while not playing as many low tier battles. I have bought over my tier (Victory, E 25 and AT15) but have been doing OK in them. (although AT15 has been a rough start for a supposedly easy/OP tank)

Hope to see you on the battlefield! (as a green preferably!)

ricshy #40 Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2560 battles

While visiting one of those knick-knack/crafty stores with my wife... I spied a little sign that cracked me up:

"I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me what to do".

Too funny.  Made her laugh as well :)

Also tagged with Not a recrutement thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users