• Please log in to reply
839 replies to this topic

Bbm_14 #41 Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:55 AM

Simia est simia, etiamsi purpura vestiatur

• Players
  • 25254 battles
  • [DD-R]

View Postricshy, on 05 August 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

While visiting one of those knick-knack/crafty stores with my wife... I spied a little sign that cracked me up:

"I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me what to do".

Too funny.  Made her laugh as well :)

"I liked my wedding bliss so much I bought it twice"... (;

edit: ---> Zapo, you'd like my "000-28EC"... (she couldn't pry it out of my hands)... Lol

Edited by Bbm_14, 06 August 2015 - 01:07 AM.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

========================================

tcamp48 #42 Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:55 AM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 60008 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostSlavianBlood, on 05 August 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Hello!

Just want so say "hi" to all of You :) im new here, my english is far from being perfect, so please forgive me all my errors, mispelling etc. I wish You all great moments with WoTB, many epic battles and happy hunting in platoons.

Have a great day Mates :)

Welcome SlavianBlood! No worries about your English, Glad to see you here. :)

tcamp48 #43 Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:59 AM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 60008 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostManwolf100, on 05 August 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

"my wife got up yesterday and told me while she was serving me coffee in bed that she was excited about 2.0 dropping and asked me my thoughts about it. After sharing my excitement about the clan additions, and her listening intently to my description of the changes in maps, she asked me to rank my top 5 tanks and why. She then suggested I buy some gold so I could acquire two or three new premiums I didn't have. In fact, she just called and told me she had explained to the girls the importance of being quiet tonight so I could get on TS and have my fun gladiating with my Triarii buds."

And then I woke up..........

Seriously, I was about to "praise thee on high..." until you woke up,:D Luckily my wife has the Candy Crush bug plus plays her Farmville 2 til the cows come home, pardon the pun. So....I got that goin' for me. ;)

SlavianBlood #44 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6401 battles
  • [IRH]
Yesterday i registered on Triarii web site, still waiting ^^ Im really glad i can be here with You guys. Whole that time i seen only childish behavior, pointless arguing, racial insults and pure stupidity on WoTB chat. Here i see a group of normal people, with life and families, friendly chatting, talking about this or that :) im really suprised seeing such a thing. Sharing opinions without judging anyone, its pretty rare these days, rare like respect :)

mriversinco #45 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:18 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43527 battles
  • [III-R]
This is a funny thread...  Thanks for being there with this group.  Now that I found this stupid game and am totally hooked I'm sure my wife is loving it.

Manwolf100 #46 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5811 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Postmriversinco, on 06 August 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

This is a funny thread...  Thanks for being there with this group.  Now that I found this stupid game and am totally hooked I'm sure my wife is loving it.

just read my dream anytime your wife hates on you........you can live my fantasy! Lol

-Community Pledge Signer-

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while

defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu

BWK60 #47 Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42489 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Posttcamp48, on 05 August 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

Luckily my wife has the Candy Crush bug...

Oh yeah, big time. And my daughter is all about Minecraft, either playing it or watching youtubes about it.

Although she was asking me just before bedtime whether she could get Blitz for her tablet ....

someguyfromPitt #48 Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 48231 battles
  • [III]

View PostSlavianBlood, on 05 August 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Hello!

Just want so say "hi" to all of You :) im new here, my english is far from being perfect, so please forgive me all my errors, mispelling etc. I wish You all great moments with WoTB, many epic battles and happy hunting in platoons.

Have a great day Mates :)

Hey yinz guy. I think we met in GENERAL CHAT, which wasn't that bad of a place since you found this thread. 

Salv is from Europe and speaks Polish as his native tong. 

Zapraszamy do starego facetów wątku. Jesteśmy wyluzowany osobistości z niektórych competitve graczy , jak również. To miejsce jest lepsze niż ogólnym czacie .

Pozdrawiam,
Pitt

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

Radarralph #49 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostENO75, on 05 August 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

Let's just make sure we keep this "general game" discussion and not completely off topic... Thanks for getting this back online Radar- It's still a good meeting point for us older folks to talk about the game before the transition to our own site.

Thanks ENO that is the idea. I think we make a differnece with this thread and it needs to be where it can be found so we can continue to be a force in this comunity.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #50 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 06 August 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

Hey yinz guy. I think we met in GENERAL CHAT, which wasn't that bad of a place since you found this thread.

Salv is from Europe and speaks Polish as his native tong.

Zapraszamy do starego facetów wątku. Jesteśmy wyluzowany osobistości z niektórych competitve graczy , jak również. To miejsce jest lepsze niż ogólnym czacie .

Pozdrawiam,
Pitt

Where in Poland I was there back in 1993 or 4 got to Warsaw Katovisa Kracow and a coule of other places.

Community Pledge Signer

tcamp48 #51 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:55 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 60008 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostBWK60, on 05 August 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

Oh yeah, big time. And my daughter is all about Minecraft, either playing it or watching youtubes about it.

Although she was asking me just before bedtime whether she could get Blitz for her tablet ....

Sounds like we have the same daughter, mine is also all about Minecraft and the Youtube walkthroughs. Every once in awhile she says she wants to play Blitz, but at 11 years old.....not quite yet. ;)

Radarralph #52 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
Welcome to the forum you new old guys.  Hey it is okay to talk about enything (apropriate) in this thread including tanking but a ENO said lets keep it general so it doesn't get moved and dumped AUH Arcived.

Community Pledge Signer

tcamp48 #53 Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:27 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 60008 battles
  • [III-S]
Question concerning the Triarii Clan site. I've been trying to get on the site and it always comes up as not being able to access. Is there something wrong with the site?

Radarralph #54 Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View Posttcamp48, on 06 August 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

Question concerning the Triarii Clan site. I've been trying to get on the site and it always comes up as not being able to access. Is there something wrong with the site?

I got on this morning early after getting the notice of Clan stuff.  I havent' recently but it was working earlier.

Community Pledge Signer

RedBarchetta3 #55 Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:55 PM

Verified √

• Players
  • 25575 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostRadarralph, on 05 August 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

It is apparent that you are not married or have been for not long.  Yes they are true stories.  Or like the one that gets me when I got married and had finaly gotten into a home my wife sais can't you put in a new toilet? yes dear but I have to get stuff to upgrade the sewer line.  Can't you just buy a new one and "drop it in" her take was just get it put it down on the floor and it's done. Of course doing sewer work as I am not a plumber usualy costs me more cause enevatably I brake something else trying to get the part fixed that I'm replacing or fixing.

My wife has a tendency to under-estimate the effort needed to make things happen.

Soon after we got married, she and another lady backed into each other (she insists on using mirrors to backup, instead of turning around and looking out the rear window). When she called to tell me what happened, she said the dent in the side of the car was small, "should be easy to pop out". The reality was, it looked like someone launched a frozen turkey into the side of the car. The bill was over $3000.

The was 20 years ago. I've learned to take all of these incidents with a grain of salt, and sometimes try to find the upside. Last month, while leaving a parking garage in our Jeep, she hit the machine that operates the gate (how does one do this?). She told me it was a cut in the plastic of the front bumper. She said "it's no big deal, you can't really see it". Turns out it was a cut, inside of a big dent, on a twisted bumper [sigh]. The upside, I finally have a reason to put an aftermarket bumper on the Jeep. 

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car, a brilliant red barchetta from a better vanished time

My not so helpful WOTB videos are on YouTube

The problem will solve itself with time.

SunnyBeach #56 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [III-Z]
Nice to see the old guy thread lives on! Based on the tone so far, I wonder if it should be renamed the "Take my Wife... Please" thread. :)

Anachro12 #57 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9872 battles
  • [III-S]
So how about those darn cottonelle soft wet naps for the bathroom? The last house we lived in was a 1920s farmhouse. I told my girlfriend not to put them or tampons down the toilet. I am sure you know how far that suggestion went. Well one day the toilet stopped working as I warned her it would. So I went to the basement and  noticed there was no in line cleanout. Just a cast iron 90 degree bend. Long story short I had to go to the hardware store and buy a professional 75 foot motorized snake, remove the toilet and go to work from that end. Six hours later I had about 10 pounds of "products" removed and I was half covered in you know what.

CptCheez #58 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:32 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostRadarralph, on 06 August 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Where in Poland I was there back in 1993 or 4 got to Warsaw Katovisa Kracow and a coule of other places.

My wife is from Poland as well, from Gdansk.  We went there last summer to visit her family and also toured around Warsaw and Krakow.  Fascinating place.  Learned a ton of WWII history that we were never taught in American schools, particularly about the plight of us Jews in Poland.  I lost a lot of family in Austria during that time, but still, what the Polish Jews went through was nothing short of astounding.

I took about 8 weeks of Polish lessons before we went over there, and learned just enough to be able to say "I'm sorry, I don't speak Polish, but my wife does!"

And Anachro: You gotta get the "flushable" ones (of course, not for use in a septic system).

Edited by CptCheez, 06 August 2015 - 03:34 PM.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Anachro12 #59 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9872 battles
  • [III-S]
Cheez these were the flushable ones. That's why she insisted they were fine. But to be honest who knows if this house even had septic. Built in 1920 the standard was for plumbing to lead to a hole in the ground filled with gravel.

putnamJavi #60 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

I just hope you don't have well water Anachro.

By the way, has anyone run the derp gun on the tier 9 Patton yet?   :trollface:

Also tagged with Not a recrutement thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users