• Please log in to reply
839 replies to this topic

Radarralph #701 Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostSpekulatius, on 25 March 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

The high ground in Mirage is a bit like the  Windmill in Castillo, a nice sniper area, but the battle can well be decided elsewhere. I personally like to move the team there and swarm out, but I am Ok with dunes as well. I dislike the waterfall area and believe it should be entirely avoided, because it has no strategic value, no view of the cap, and while there is some cover, one needs to drive over open spaces to get in and out. I wouldn't go there at all, except maybe on a flanking run to get behind an red team, once the positions are known.

Yes but most of the ground around is after the hill itself is ether taken or contested.  Usualy the batlle there detrmans who eventualy mops up the straglers of the other team.

Community Pledge Signer

nearsightedgunner #702 Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29581 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRadarralph, on 21 

Did a little tanking Saturday but it is still killing me. Any one finding +2/-2 groove again.  

I have not found my +2/-2 grove. I complained the games were not as dynamic +1/-1 but since switching back WR has dropped and I get really frustrated when bottom tier -2. On the occasion when you carry the games as bottom tier it is cool but the fun is short lived. I tend to play heavies so there is little opportunity to flank or make a surprise move when bottom tier. I am finding I play lots of tier vi and vii since the change. I don't know if the player quality has decreased but my tolerance for bad game play has decreased  (especially with myself )

nearsightedgunner #703 Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:31 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29581 battles
  • [III-C]
Mirage is interesting. It has a really small feel. Unless you are on the other side of the train your in battle. No one strategy has evolved except stay alive. I actually flanked in a kv4, tore up the other team, and got a mastery. Next time I will die in 10 seconds.  I wonder if WG is trying to slow down the rise of the mediums.

Radarralph #704 Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

Same with the WR I have strugles badly  when I loose four I quit for a time to see if changing players works.  It doesn't.  I also have the same luck on Mirage, ether we role up the carpet in a minute or I die swiftly.  I had one game where I couldn't do anything wrong like Killed every tank I engaged. Havent had that in over two dozen games since.

Hapy Easter Tankin

Community Pledge Signer

otis1971 #705 Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:51 PM

Sir Skrub-A-Lot

• Players
  • 28020 battles
  • [III]

View PostRadarralph, on 24 March 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

Who has figured out that on the new map Mirage that if you don't take the high ground in the middle of the map you will problably loose.  WG will change this map cause the lack of diversity I'm sure.

I've been wondering about what should be considered the most important area of this map.  I find myself drawn to the hill rather than the dunes/ railroad tracks.  I suppose, the hill favors my play style of peek a boom rather than the more fluid pace of the dunes.  Either way, I am curious what others think.  

View PostSpekulatius, on 25 March 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

The high ground in Mirage is a bit like the  Windmill in Castillo, a nice sniper area, but the battle can well be decided elsewhere. I personally like to move the team there and swarm out, but I am Ok with dunes as well. I dislike the waterfall area and believe it should be entirely avoided, because it has no strategic value, no view of the cap, and while there is some cover, one needs to drive over open spaces to get in and out. I wouldn't go there at all, except maybe on a flanking run to get behind an red team, once the positions are known.

I agree, while there are decent places for cover, but I often feel cornered and isolated in that area.  When I'm in the dunes, I definitely can't run to help a teammate (nor do I like it when our team splits up that widely) when they call for help in the waterfall area.  

4100xpb #706 Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16960 battles

View Postnearsightedgunner, on 25 March 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

Mirage is interesting. It has a really small feel. Unless you are on the other side of the train your in battle. No one strategy has evolved except stay alive. I actually flanked in a kv4, tore up the other team, and got a mastery. Next time I will die in 10 seconds.  I wonder if WG is trying to slow down the rise of the mediums.

Yeah, this map certainly seems to be resisting the typical trend devolving to a primary single strategy more than the others.  Canal, Himmelsdorf and reworked Oasis Palms and Desert Sands all seemed to settle down more quickly.  Not that that's necessarily a good thing - I kind of like having a map that is more open and freewheeling where you can try different things each time.  :great:

Radarralph #707 Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
Hi Guys I had to go out of town for the weekend and did not get back till late yesterday. Now we have a storm comming in which is suposed to dump 1 to 20' of snow on us tomorrow through Thursday. Early April Fools I guess. Sposed to be Spring? Such is the weather in the Rockies.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #708 Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
I was traveling down the interstate in the Denver area yesterday doing the leming train at 80mph when a couple of crotch rockets went between me and the guy to my right doing at least 100mph.  I watched as they continued and then switched lanes due to a car moving right.  Lucky they did not end up on someones back window or windshield like the bug that had his rear go through his brain.

Community Pledge Signer

Gambit_o7 #709 Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40425 battles
  • [NORM]
Re: Mirage- It's still really new to everybody, so trying new things is what is going to happen. My experience in a few dozen games on it is higher tier, heavy- dominant teams seem to gravitate to the oasis side, while lower tier, medium/light dominated games happen out in the sand. The 'hill' is mostly avoided, there is the one sheltered lane on the oasis side that some people like. The two cuts between oasis and desert do not afford hull down cover, so they are shortcuts at best. That being said, I got a Mastery in my Angry Connor sitting up on one of those for all the world to see, picking off reds who kept cresting the dunes. I haven't driven that tank since: it could only lead to disappointment.

Lephturn #710 Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • [III-S]

Mirage is tough - the heavies are far enough away that if they are slow ones, they will want to just drive straight ahead. If we have a couple of big slow heavies I will go and support them rather than split the team. If we do go waterfall side I call for control of the hill - if you can win that hill you can do very well. If the reds went the other side you can spot them up from the hill and then take cover.

The main problem with the hill is that you are very easy to hit once spotted up there.

Dunes/beach with a fast team works really well, but people are still mostly driving straight from spawn at this point.

No worries, it has taken us 18 months to get get people to go hill on Dead Rail! (And even then they usually don't stay up there.)

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Radarralph #711 Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostLephturn, on 29 March 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Mirage is tough - the heavies are far enough away that if they are slow ones, they will want to just drive straight ahead. If we have a couple of big slow heavies I will go and support them rather than split the team. If we do go waterfall side I call for control of the hill - if you can win that hill you can do very well. If the reds went the other side you can spot them up from the hill and then take cover.

The main problem with the hill is that you are very easy to hit once spotted up there.

Dunes/beach with a fast team works really well, but people are still mostly driving straight from spawn at this point.

No worries, it has taken us 18 months to get get people to go hill on Dead Rail! (And even then they usually don't stay up there.)

Interesting I always found that I did better on Dead Rail going the other side of the map or finding a place to snike the ones going on the hill.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #712 Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
I am stuck at work due to heavy snow fall. This morning I was hoping that they would close the office due to the unnesisary travel and heavy snow but no some stinking supervisor decided he was going to open his office so we had to follow suit.  It doesn't matter that every other office around us is closed becasue of the weather.  

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #713 Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
Looks like someone trying to sell everyting but the kitchen sink this morning.  Didn't get to do any tanking yesterday with the stuck at work and then had to do my tax return.  Boy they bit me in the butt this year.

Community Pledge Signer

krietenstein34 #714 Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32753 battles
  • [HAHA]

Thought I'd try earbuds with Blitz. I live in Indiana, so we are getting some storms, some possibly severe. 

Lesson ONE, don't confuse enemy capturing the base siren with Local Tornado Sirens. They sound the same, especially thru earbuds. :D

:girl:

Radarralph #715 Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postkrietenstein34, on 31 March 2016 - 09:10 PM, said:

Thought I'd try earbuds with Blitz. I live in Indiana, so we are getting some storms, some possibly severe. 

Lesson ONE, don't confuse enemy capturing the base siren with Local Tornado Sirens. They sound the same, especially thru earbuds. :D

That would be a bummer tanking and miss the real thing. Can you get WIFI when the house is comming apart?:rolleyes:

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #716 Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
seriously I have every one is okay.

Community Pledge Signer

nearsightedgunner #717 Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29581 battles
  • [III-C]

So we are getting better at predicting tornadoes and their paths but that might actually get me killed. I live in a pretty good sized city so the risk of tornadoes us really low for me. Last year there was a tornado warning for the city and they overlayed it's potential path. I literally thought to myself "that's several BLOCKS away, I don't need to go to the basement". I am an idiot! A case where technology was not my friend.

Hope everyone is well

Mr_BushyBeard #718 Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:35 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13413 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postkrietenstein34, on 31 March 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

LOL! "Dammit, we reset the cap! How the heck is it still going off?!"

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Formerly “Augustus_Sohn”; lost a bet to my son and this was his pick. 

Radarralph #719 Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

Had to go to Denver to get my wife from the airport yesterday.  Spent most of the weekend cleaning up so at least it looked better that it did when she left.  I get back to learn that not only has WG been working on a mess up but now 2.8 comes out today.

You just cant miss a day or you get left in the dust.  

Or maybe it was a tornado.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #720 Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
Took for ever booting up last night then I couldn't play cause I was on call and dealing with work. First game I got to play was this morning before heading to work.  Boy are there a bunch of russian TDs running the board.

Community Pledge Signer

Also tagged with Not a recrutement thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users