Not a recrutement thread

• Please log in to reply
839 replies to this topic

putnamJavi #741 Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View PostVryStrawberry, on 07 April 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

I see all the comments here about wives...reminds me of advice my Dad gave me when I was young.

He said that Marriage is like a hand of cards in Poker...

you start out with two Hearts and a Diamond

and in the end all you want is a Club and a Spade

That's why you've got to find the Joker in the deck and keep the relationship wild.  :trollface::girl:

nearsightedgunner #742 Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29482 battles
  • [III-C]
So last night I get to bed late and the wife is already asleep so of course I fire up WOTB. Time flies and it is really late now. I am on about my fifth "last game" when a clanmate I have never tooned with hits me up. Of course it would be RUDE not to run a couple or seven. Now I can count the potential hours of sleep on one hand. Blissfully the wife never asked how late I was up. I wouldn't have actually lied but I was working on some fairly evasive answer. She have figured out evasive answer equals stop asking because the truth is bad. After 20 years the working relationship is pretty good.

Radarralph #743 Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postnearsightedgunner, on 08 April 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

So last night I get to bed late and the wife is already asleep so of course I fire up WOTB. Time flies and it is really late now. I am on about my fifth "last game" when a clanmate I have never tooned with hits me up. Of course it would be RUDE not to run a couple or seven. Now I can count the potential hours of sleep on one hand. Blissfully the wife never asked how late I was up. I wouldn't have actually lied but I was working on some fairly evasive answer. She have figured out evasive answer equals stop asking because the truth is bad. After 20 years the working relationship is pretty good.

That is why I play when she is not around its the "dont ask dont tell".  She would not be happy knowing what I have spent on this game either.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #744 Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
Well I was playing the middleburg in teir 7 Jpanther bottom teir and get killed first. I was on the hill and I watched the game unfold and finaly the Reds pulled it out. So I go back to the garage to find two messages from this fool who is telling me how bad I am.  Didn't want to put up with it today and this is the first guy I've blocked ever.  Felt prity good.  Squirls are every were.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #745 Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
Got a text from my daughter in Texas yesterday. They had a hail storm come through their location broke out all the windows in their car and a softball sized one went through the roof and celing into their front room.  Crazy out there.

Community Pledge Signer

cheasesteak #746 Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:30 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 23007 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostVryStrawberry, on 08 April 2016 - 12:12 AM, said:

I see all the comments here about wives...reminds me of advice my Dad gave me when I was young.

He said that Marriage is like a hand of cards in Poker...

you start out with two Hearts and a Diamond

and in the end all you want is a Club and a Spade

I don't post here much, if ever (I don't recall, seeing as how memory is the second thing to go), but being on the wrong side of half a century, I do like to skim this thread on occasion.

I did, however, want to acknowledge this contribution.  A keeper.

Woody36327 #747 Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:37 PM

Thorn in XJS' side since 2016!

• Players
  • 31664 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View PostRadarralph, on 12 April 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Got a text from my daughter in Texas yesterday. They had a hail storm come through their location broke out all the windows in their car and a softball sized one went through the roof and celing into their front room.  Crazy out there.

A friend's place was right in the storms cross hairs. All cars in the area had busted windows. They had almost softball sized stones. Went through some houses roofs. He was spared only because of the extreme pitch on his. However half his windows were busted out. Cars were in garage so spared there but still.........  Nasty! 

"14? My scotch is older than that............"

Radarralph #748 Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

I may be jinksing myself but even with MM so bad I haven't been dieing so much. Of course I am playing two or three games at a time untill the wife gets home or as I can get back to the house during the day. Just spent the price of a couple of war chests on a fitbit.  It's suposed to help me keep better track of working out.  

Happy TANKING!

Community Pledge Signer

pirate96 #749 Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24982 battles
  • [HELLS]
Just tried to register for Triarii web site but got a message 
An error has occurred
  • The administrator has disabled member registration. Please try later.

< Back

I'm 44, have4 kids and play WOT blitz daily, been in a clan with a bunch of kids that were nice but we're not heads that I don't need the drama, I started listening to lephturns podcast and thought I may fit in better with people closer to my age and place in life. 

tankboss41 #750 Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24329 battles
  • [MFW]
Hmm Old guys need plenty of Ensure for playing this game and being OP :trollface:

Si vis pacem para bellum

Radarralph #751 Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postpirate96, on 13 April 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

Just tried to register for Triarii web site but got a message 
An error has occurred
  • The administrator has disabled member registration. Please try later.

< Back

I'm 44, have4 kids and play WOT blitz daily, been in a clan with a bunch of kids that were nice but we're not heads that I don't need the drama, I started listening to lephturns podcast and thought I may fit in better with people closer to my age and place in life. 

Large Clan  get hold of one of the guys and toon with them you have to be recomended now as the clan is so large.  We do alot more than play Tank.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #752 Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

:bajan:View Posttankboss41, on 13 April 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

Hmm Old guys need plenty of Ensure for playing this game and being OP :trollface:

Ya it helps with ensuring wins or is that just play time Humm I forget alot in my conditin So is this a game or what OH ya WOTB I remember

Edited by Radarralph, 13 April 2016 - 05:59 PM.

Community Pledge Signer

Radarralph #753 Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
So I go to work today and get an email on my work account from WOT. My first thought is how did WOT get my work email address as I dont use it for Tanking.  They I realize when I get it open it is from the Wyoming Office of Travil.  DU 

Community Pledge Signer

johandelange #754 Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27871 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRadarralph, on 14 April 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

So I go to work today and get an email on my work account from WOT. My first thought is how did WOT get my work email address as I dont use it for Tanking.  They I realize when I get it open it is from the Wyoming Office of Travil.  DU 

Lol Ralph!

My second attempt at becoming a purple in Blitz :teethhappy:

Team mates, please help me by reading Lert's excellent guide to basic tanking.

My Yolo Life YouTube Channel

Hyper_piper #755 Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 44302 battles
  • [NORM]

View PostRadarralph, on 13 April 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

I may be jinksing myself but even with MM so bad I haven't been dieing so much. Of course I am playing two or three games at a time untill the wife gets home or as I can get back to the house during the day. Just spent the price of a couple of war chests on a fitbit.  It's suposed to help me keep better track of working out.  

Happy TANKING!

I haven't tried walking and tanking at the same time yet.  May be a good excuse to play.  Honey I am going for my walk.

"With your IPAD?"

nearsightedgunner #756 Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29482 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRadarralph, on 11 April 2016 - 09:21 AM, said:

That is why I play when she is not around its the "dont ask dont tell".  She would not be happy knowing what I have spent on this game either.

After nearly 20 years of marriage the "don't ask, don't tell" might just be one of the keys to us making it this long.  At some point you realize there are certain things about your spouse that will not change.  Assuming it is nothing too major (infidelity, criminal mastermind, obsession with online tank games, etc) you are faced with either continually beating your head again that wall or just walking by and ignoring it.  At the end of the day it comes down to whether its worth the fight or not.  If its not going to be a problem in the future I find it is typically better to let it go.  Of course keep it in your back pocket for the next time you need to buy a warchest to fund that tier x tank.

nearsightedgunner #757 Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:54 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29482 battles
  • [III-C]

View Posttankboss41, on 13 April 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

Ensure and Naps.  That is why I like Blitz.  I can typically make it through a 3 to 5 minute game without a nap.  Of course if it stretches out to 6 or 7 minutes all bets are off.  "I am not CAMPING, I'm NAPPING...learn the difference"

Radarralph #758 Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
The older you get they have replacement equipment like consumables Relpace a knee, Hip, Sholder.  sucks in another ten years I may have my own set of wheels.

Community Pledge Signer

nearsightedgunner #759 Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29482 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRadarralph, on 15 April 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

The older you get they have replacement equipment like consumables Relpace a knee, Hip, Sholder.  sucks in another ten years I may have my own set of wheels.

Where is my stinkin bionic arms and hands. I need them to keep up with those hooligans running light tanks.

Radarralph #760 Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]
I was reading someother posts on the forum and some stinken illegal 10 year old must have stole them.  You know we are overrun with kids. I did the survey that the mods put out. Should we have a seperate section for understaning age gap?

Community Pledge Signer

Also tagged with Not a recrutement thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users