Not a recrutement thread

• Please log in to reply
839 replies to this topic

SlavianBlood #81 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6508 battles
  • [IRH]
I have a little question.. do You use some mods Mates?

WriterDude #82 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 25685 battles
  • [I_X_I]
No mods - rolling Blitz in iOS without a jailbreak, so mods aren't an option for me. 

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

SlavianBlood #83 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:17 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6508 battles
  • [IRH]
Im just.. shocked about this clan, in positive way. Everything looks so perfectly organised. I just checked clan tag in WoTB.. and wow! Amazing! So much good work done! No only 1 Triarii, but 4 organised units. Its really inspiring, You have even reserve company. Remarkable..

putnamJavi #84 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles

View PostSlavianBlood, on 06 August 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Im just.. shocked about this clan, in positive way. Everything looks so perfectly organised. I just checked clan tag in WoTB.. and wow! Amazing! So much good work done! No only 1 Triarii, but 4 organised units. Its really inspiring, You have even reserve company. Remarkable..

Not bad for a bunch of "rusty old men."  Especially as we've made the list of top 10 clans in WOT

SlavianBlood #85 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6508 battles
  • [IRH]

View PostputnamJavi, on 06 August 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Not bad for a bunch of "rusty old men."  Especially as we've made the list of top 10 clans in WOT

There is a diffrence between being rusty and being expierienced ;)

TurboTIB #86 Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34972 battles
  • [III-X]

Does anyone know what statistic is used when placing one tank above or below another in the list prior to battle? I know the higher tier tanks are at the top but what places one tier IV above another tier IV? Same question regarding identical tanks?

WriterDude #87 Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:37 PM

• Players
  • 25685 battles
  • [I_X_I]

View PostTurboTIB, on 06 August 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

Does anyone know what statistic is used when placing one tank above or below another in the list prior to battle? I know the higher tier tanks are at the top but what places one tier IV above another tier IV? Same question regarding identical tanks?

Dunno, great question - I'm curious about that myself. When I see myself at the #1 spot, my first thought is always something like, "anyone else want the microphone?"

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

Maplexi #88 Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:59 PM

152 Shades of Boom

• Players
  • 33104 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostTurboTIB, on 07 August 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

I always assumed it was alphabetical, by tank, then user name. will have to have a look next time I play a few games.

edit: looking at some screenshots seems to confirm.

Edited by Maplexi, 06 August 2015 - 11:03 PM.

Sig

Eire1916 #89 Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19217 battles
  • [III-Z]
Damn,,,i thought all that good scotch would pickle me rather than rust,,,oh well at least the wife is happy

TurboTIB #90 Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34972 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostMaplexi, on 06 August 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

I always assumed it was alphabetical, by tank, then user name. will have to have a look next time I play a few games.

edit: looking at some screenshots seems to confirm.

Ahh, that makes sense and would explain why my AT 15A is frequently at the top position, especially since it gets premium MM. Thanks for the insight.

CptCheez #91 Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:48 AM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostMaplexi, on 06 August 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

Yup, it's that.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

mriversinco #92 Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52993 battles
  • [III-R]
Ok, here's an old guy posting for you.  Probably not on topic so feel free to delete but I thought I'd share my latest dilemma...  Got three young kids, 7, 8 and 10 and shuttling them all over the place.  Trying to finish the basement before 2-a-days start for football (yep, coach that), and now looking at teamspeak and visualizing how much that could possibly help with this stupid addicting game I'm hooked on.  I can just imagine what my wife will say when she walks into the room and I'm playing video games (which she "loves" to begin with) and she see's me on a headphone with speaker rocking it out with tanks.  LOL, can't wait to hear that reply!

SkiFletch #93 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30829 battles
  • [SRT]

View Postmriversinco, on 06 August 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

Ok, here's an old guy posting for you.  Probably not on topic so feel free to delete but I thought I'd share my latest dilemma...  Got three young kids, 7, 8 and 10 and shuttling them all over the place.  Trying to finish the basement before 2-a-days start for football (yep, coach that), and now looking at teamspeak and visualizing how much that could possibly help with this stupid addicting game I'm hooked on.  I can just imagine what my wife will say when she walks into the room and I'm playing video games (which she "loves" to begin with) and she see's me on a headphone with speaker rocking it out with tanks.  LOL, can't wait to hear that reply!

"That's gotta hurt"

Lephturn #94 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostRedBarchetta3, on 06 August 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

My wife has a tendency to under-estimate the effort needed to make things happen.

Soon after we got married, she and another lady backed into each other (she insists on using mirrors to backup, instead of turning around and looking out the rear window). When she called to tell me what happened, she said the dent in the side of the car was small, "should be easy to pop out". The reality was, it looked like someone launched a frozen turkey into the side of the car. The bill was over $3000.

The was 20 years ago. I've learned to take all of these incidents with a grain of salt, and sometimes try to find the upside. Last month, while leaving a parking garage in our Jeep, she hit the machine that operates the gate (how does one do this?). She told me it was a cut in the plastic of the front bumper. She said "it's no big deal, you can't really see it". Turns out it was a cut, inside of a big dent, on a twisted bumper [sigh]. The upside, I finally have a reason to put an aftermarket bumper on the Jeep. 

Ok let's apply this to Blitz! Whenever our wives do something that causes damage or costs over $500 to fix, we get $100 iTunes card to play Blitz. I think that's fair right? Oh you need me to take the car to the body shop, get estimates, get it repaired, and pay $2,500 because you didn't watch where you were going? No problem! Love you dear. While I'm doing that please stop by Costco for the $100 iTunes card pack.

We need to all do this. :D

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

WriterDude #95 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:35 PM

• Players
  • 25685 battles
  • [I_X_I]

View PostEire1916, on 06 August 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

Damn,,,i thought all that good scotch would pickle me rather than rust,,,oh well at least the wife is happy

Good scotch is a lubricant for the wit and a preservative for the soul.

Lephturn #96 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postmriversinco, on 06 August 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

That is why we play together - because we all understand that. Now when we hear your wife lose it through TeamSpeak we will laugh and needle you about it - but in a good natured way because most of us have been there. :)

I've been playing over TS with no headset with another Triarii with no headset (we had to tank and mix drinks for our wives) and the two wives proceeded to talk over TS and make fun of the two of us. It was pretty entertaining even if it was at our expense!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

WriterDude #97 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

• Players
  • 25685 battles
  • [I_X_I]

View PostLephturn, on 07 August 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

Ok let's apply this to Blitz! Whenever our wives do something that causes damage or costs over $500 to fix, we get $100 iTunes card to play Blitz. I think that's fair right? Oh you need me to take the car to the body shop, get estimates, get it repaired, and pay $2,500 because you didn't watch where you were going? No problem! Love you dear. While I'm doing that please stop by Costco for the $100 iTunes card pack.

We need to all do this. :D

I just hope she doesn't figure out enough game terms. "I had to back into the pole, because that soccer mom in the Subaru was trying to COD the minivan."

Lephturn #98 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • [III-S]
LOL WriterDude - "It's just a scratch honey, I was setting up a good side scrape on that parked school bus."

CptCheez #99 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostWriterDude, on 07 August 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

I just hope she doesn't figure out enough game terms. "I had to back into the pole, because that soccer mom in the Subaru was trying to COD the minivan."

Unfortunately my wife has picked up on a few.  She asked me the other day if her Chevy Cobalt would be any good at side-scraping... :facepalm:

I had to explain to her that the thin side armor on that thing is useless and would be overmatched by even a Prius.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

mriversinco #100 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52993 battles
  • [III-R]
Now those are funny!  But hey, I drive a prius.  Kind of reminds me of the stock panther II.  Heavy and can't turn well and can get penned by everyone.

Edited by mriversinco, 07 August 2015 - 03:51 PM.

Also tagged with Not a recrutement thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users