It's Awesome, Some Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

WriterDude #1 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23053 battles

Hi WG,

First off, I really like this upgrade. It deserves the 2.0 designation. (I sent in a support ticket for a bug that I noticed this morning - no sweat, that's the kind of thing that happens.) 

I did have some significant suggestions that wouldn't seem too difficult to implement, so if it's okay, I'll post them here as feedback for the release:

• I'd like it if I could track my statistics over time. Imagine if the stats screen had a Day/Week/Month/Year/All time slider and/or a 100/500/1000/5000/all game count slider.
  • I'd really like to be able to know whether someone on my friends list is already in a platoon.
  • Speaking of which, I'd like an "in-game" notification if I invite someone to a platoon or send someone a message and they're playing and don't see the invite or the message. 
  • I'd like it if you had a direct link between the Armor Inspector and the game, some kind of "Tank Research" tab where we could choose a tank in the garage and review its armor from various angles.
  • I'd like it if you offered a way for us to see how we look to other tanks, so we can more effectively figure out whether we're hull down, or properly concealed. I'm not sure how you could implement this, but maybe allow us to set the free-look tool so it's 200 feet away from the tank looking inward?

Edited to add: Oh shoot, I see that there's a separate forum for suggestions. Could one of the mods move this over there, please?

Edited by WriterDude, 05 August 2015 - 07:34 PM.

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

OronSonon #2 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11373 battles
  • [KR0N0]
Yes, please implement the platoon stuff, I always send out like five platoon requests and no one accepts so now I'm hesitant to do it again 

Member of [RBLN] Rebellion 

Armor and Mobility: A Guide to Tactics — Part I and Part II

How to Become Unicum: Click Here for Pure Gold

farble1670 #3 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14780 battles

View PostWriterDude, on 05 August 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

Hi WG,

First off, I really like this upgrade. It deserves the 2.0 designation. (I sent in a support ticket for a bug that I noticed this morning - no sweat, that's the kind of thing that happens.) 

I did have some significant suggestions that wouldn't seem too difficult to implement, so if it's okay, I'll post them here as feedback for the release:

• I'd like it if I could track my statistics over time. Imagine if the stats screen had a Day/Week/Month/Year/All time slider and/or a 100/500/1000/5000/all game count slider.
  • I'd really like to be able to know whether someone on my friends list is already in a platoon.
  • Speaking of which, I'd like an "in-game" notification if I invite someone to a platoon or send someone a message and they're playing and don't see the invite or the message. 
  • I'd like it if you had a direct link between the Armor Inspector and the game, some kind of "Tank Research" tab where we could choose a tank in the garage and review its armor from various angles.
  • I'd like it if you offered a way for us to see how we look to other tanks, so we can more effectively figure out whether we're hull down, or properly concealed. I'm not sure how you could implement this, but maybe allow us to set the free-look tool so it's 200 feet away from the tank looking inward?

Edited to add: Oh shoot, I see that there's a separate forum for suggestions. Could one of the mods move this over there, please?

re: stats over time. there's an API for that, so it can be implemented by a third party if there's enough demand.

re: how we look to other tanks. so you want a way to know if you can be hit by another tank before they fire? sounds reasonable.

WriterDude #4 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View PostOronSonon, on 05 August 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Yes, please implement the platoon stuff, I always send out like five platoon requests and no one accepts so now I'm hesitant to do it again 

Yeah, I find myself wondering if people think I'm just terribly rude for "ignoring" their platoon requests. And when I get out of battles and they pop up, it makes it hard to coordinate - I've spent a lot of time out of sync with potential platoon partners, because they were in a game, I invited them... then figured they were gone or something, so I joined a game... then they invite me, but I'm in a game, so they get no response... so they join a game. And so on and so on and so on... 

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

Bbm_14 #5 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Simia est simia, etiamsi purpura vestiatur

• Players
  • 25268 battles
  • [DD-R]

View PostWriterDude, on 05 August 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

Yeah, I find myself wondering if people think I'm just terribly rude for "ignoring" their platoon requests. And when I get out of battles and they pop up, it makes it hard to coordinate - I've spent a lot of time out of sync with potential platoon partners, because they were in a game, I invited them... then figured they were gone or something, so I joined a game... then they invite me, but I'm in a game, so they get no response... so they join a game. And so on and so on and so on... 

ditto... +1 mate

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

========================================

Panzerfaustggg #6 Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6898 battles
  • [_A_]

Either my game hasn't downloaded properly or somethings wrong cause my game keeps crashing can't play

arwolf72 #7 Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:03 PM

Private

• Players
  • 7430 battles

The new update is good. One thing I could suggest needs fixing which I have noticed for a while in the game is the shooting for Kris and is tanks. I notice that at times the shells will miss there target for really no reason. I have been sitting still my turret not moving and my enemy also not moving. I have been dead on with the target and watched my shell go flying right above the enemy or Hit right in front of him. I wasn't aiming there and gun was not aiming there either. And it doesn't just happen once some time it will do it for two or three shots in a row. And at other times it will happen just randomly. Like I will fire two perfect shots at the enemy with out having move or done anything and it will just happen with the third shot. It's like it goes hey wire or something. I don't recall having the trouble in kv1. But it's been happening with kvis, is and even a little with t150. I also noticed it with the American t32 but I don't seem to have the trouble with m103 thought I think it did do it once or twice. I don't know if it's lag on my end or what but they should look into the guns in a few of those line and maybe adjust them or something. If it is lag they need to work on that to because is should be able to handle the game fine.

Ag3ntPendergast #8 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 21614 battles
  • [4CTIV]

Hey guys,

I have a suggestion or two to add to WriterDude's.

1. The chat seriously needs to be upgraded, the interface specifically. Instead of having one long list of all of your friends in WOT, and then having the general chat channel button at the very bottom of that (in my case) very long list, the General chat button needs to be at the top of that list so that we don't have to painstakingly scroll all the way down each time in order to get to the general chat button. Thanks.

2. Also, there needs to be additional chat channels.... like a channel for each clan, so that clan members can discuss strategy and set up platoons.

3. Small pet peeve of mine: The shot-vapor trails don't always match the actual trajectory of the shots (for example, you'll oftentimes see them going through rocks or cover, things the shell obviously didnt do.) It would be nice if this was fixed.

Thanks WOT. You guys rock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users