Jump to content


A glance at the new clans day 2

clans

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

littlefish007 #1 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 29246 battles
  • 46
  • [III-X]
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

So unable to sleep I dived into and browsed the clans list so you don’t have to.   Bare with me as I go rain man here

 

I was intrigued since before the lunch of clans there were only 16 clans active on the forums and then with the launch of 2.0  it seemed like 100s of clans had popped up.   Turns out that feeling was correct so here are the numbers as of day 2 of 2.0:

 

Number of clans with over 8 members: 530 -  representing about 9900 players

Out of that clans with over 23 members: 150

Clans with 49 to 50 members: 80

 

Whats in a Name: 

Clans with animals in name

Shark 2

Wolf 5

Eagle 6

Rat 1

Dog 6

Chicken 1

 

 Tog fans 3 (best one "Global Tog Protection")

 

Clans with a place in the name include 

Texas: 3

Canada: (Quebec counts) 9

Spanish speaking 14 (at least spanish typing)

 

Other interesting names:

clans with potato: 3

Wallet warriers: 3 (including clan “Iwastedhowmanycredits)

"Org.w/out cool acronym" clan

"freeconcep" 0 - blocked ?

 

Best pun

“tank but no tanks” clan

 

Worst clan names.  guess mods are not watching for players beating the filter

ANAL –including clan "ANAL" and “theanalrapists”

FBI-Female body inspectors

 

 



Aivris #2 Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8126 battles
  • 8,021
  • [PBKAC]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012
Interesting! Thanks for compiling the info, though, the last part...


Droidekool #3 Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26556 battles
  • 941
  • [RBLN]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2014

View Postlittlefish007, on 06 August 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

 

 

Worst clan names.  guess mods are not watching for players beating the filter

ANAL –including clan "ANAL" and “theanalrapists”

FBI-Female body inspectors

 

 

I found this too. Thanks for highlighting it. ALO and SLY take note of this.


  

Tier X: E100, Jadgpanzer E100, E50M, T110E5, T110E3, IS7, Object 268

Tier IX: E 75, E 50, M 103, IS 8, Jagdtiger, Object 704T95

Premium Tank: Tankenstein, Jadgpanther

 


ahredstealth #4 Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View Postlittlefish007, on 06 August 2015 - 01:20 AM, said:

Other interesting names:

clans with potato: 3

 

 

WOO HOO!  We made honorable mention!  We're going places now!


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


Aivris #5 Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:09 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8126 battles
  • 8,021
  • [PBKAC]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View Postahredstealth, on 06 August 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

 

 

WOO HOO!  We made honorable mention!  We're going places now!

Oh! I only just noticed the T-34-85 V roasting a potato on its gun over the fire. I love it! :D



johnnyzim #6 Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27523 battles
  • 313
  • [NORM]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

I noticed one named ISIS and was wondering if it was a psychological move to throw other players off.  Because I don't think they mean this Isis:


Edited by johnnyzim, 06 August 2015 - 02:15 PM.

 

 


Kaylis_Tzu #7 Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14289 battles
  • 367
  • [GRIM]
  • Member since:
    05-12-2011

I have been surprised at the names too. Reapers had reserved ours ahead of time but I looked around yesterday and their were already four other reaper-like clans formed. 

 

WG struck gold with this as their is obviously a lot of pent up demand. At 1M credits each That's a lot of silver spent in 48 hours. 


 

"Blitz is a game governed by the aggressive use of force." - Kaylis Tzu

 

"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it." - Gen. Douglas MacArthur


veganzombiez #8 Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:56 PM

    Clan Guy

  • Players
  • 1 battle
  • 18
  • [WGA]
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View Postlittlefish007, on 05 August 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

Worst clan names.  guess mods are not watching for players beating the filter

 

We've actually got over 2,000 clans already on Blitz, which is pretty awesome!  Of course, this means that some clan names/tags have slipped by, but we're working on it.  You can also always report an inappropriate clan name or tag to Support.



(Ambassador to anime clans)

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!


Minecraftexpert_25 #9 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:56 PM

    Not a Unicum

  • Players
  • 32210 battles
  • 2,612
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    08-19-2014

View Postveganzombiez, on 06 August 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

 

We've actually got over 2,000 clans already on Blitz, which is pretty awesome!  Of course, this means that some clan names/tags have slipped by, but we're working on it.  You can also always report an inappropriate clan name or tag to Support.

 

2k clans, wow. I think we have about 25 with recruitment threads on these forums and only 10-15 of those I would refer someone too. That's a lot of randoms.

Edited by Minecraftexpert_25, 06 August 2015 - 07:57 PM.

January 28, 2016- The day Alo8ight moved on in his life from WG and WoTB. You will be missed o7.

March 27, 2017- Dogface takes over as senior producer for WoTB. Fate of Senator_Ratbat unknown.

Block Quote

 
"The darker the purple, the darker the soul." - Ancient WG proverb. -CrimsonMG

Up up down left right down up left left down <-----my super MLG pro strats 420 no scope headshot hacks (no credit to ksftwe whatsoever)

 


duanedragon #10 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:57 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12005 battles
  • 177
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    12-23-2014
Potato Power!

RedBarchetta3 #11 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

    Verified √

  • Players
  • 25575 battles
  • 2,118
  • [DFNT]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
There are loads of clans with 1 or 2 members. You would think people would have a bunch of names committed to their clan before dumping 2.5m credits. 

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car, a brilliant red barchetta from a better vanished time

My not so helpful WOTB videos are on YouTube

The problem will solve itself with time.

 


veganzombiez #12 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

    Clan Guy

  • Players
  • 1 battle
  • 18
  • [WGA]
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View PostMinecraftexpert_25, on 06 August 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

 

2k clans, wow. I think we have about 25 with recruitment threads on these forums and only 10-15 of those I would refer someone too. That's a lot of randoms.

 

View PostRedBarchetta3, on 06 August 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

There are loads of clans with 1 or 2 members. You would think people would have a bunch of names committed to their clan before dumping 2.5m credits. 

 

Sometimes you just wanna roll only with your friends, at least for a while.  I have a group of friends that only group with each other in any video game they play, and they'll party up or play with other communities, but they stay with their own 5-7 man tag.


(Ambassador to anime clans)

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!


crazychimp69 #13 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:27 PM

    Clubs Wargaming

  • Players
  • 28556 battles
  • 7,369
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014
I find it sad that half of the clans will be dead in a month due to lack of organization, poor leadership, or just bad in general. Speaking of general, general chat has turned into clash of clans...

 

 
 

LE_gend_VI #14 Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:38 PM

    The man, the myth

  • Players
  • 20814 battles
  • 3,333
  • [NIPS]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
Maybe wg knows someone's willing to spend real cash to make a clan. Whether they blossom or not it's a new feature we have to get used to. Let em spend dough and help keep wg alive. 

 


EpikWill #15 Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 4411 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View Postcrazychimp69, on 06 August 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

I find it sad that half of the clans will be dead in a month due to lack of organization, poor leadership, or just bad in general. Speaking of general, general chat has turned into clash of clans...

 

Oh my gosh yes... I went to say hello to everyone and talk about the update on General Chat, and people were spamming: JOIN MY CLAN! JOIN MY CLAN! It drove me nuts. WG needs a rule to tell people you can't advertise your clan over and over and over again....   :facepalm:
My Favorite Tanks: Jagdtiger, IS-3, AT-15A, Cromwell, Obj. 140, T2 LightIndien Panzer, Maus
 

ahredstealth #16 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View PostRedBarchetta3, on 06 August 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

There are loads of clans with 1 or 2 members. You would think people would have a bunch of names committed to their clan before dumping 2.5m credits. 

 

View Postveganzombiez, on 06 August 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

Sometimes you just wanna roll only with your friends, at least for a while.  I have a group of friends that only group with each other in any video game they play, and they'll party up or play with other communities, but they stay with their own 5-7 man tag.

 

I only paid 1 mill.  Perhaps I got a discount because I'm a really cool guy?

 

Also, in the original news letter put out by Wargaming it mentioned that Clans would need to be bought, and then have an upkeep associated with them.  Does anyone know what that fee is, and how often it will be charged?  I would like to know so I don't run low on cash flow.  I'll have to adjust how much Prammo I sling in game to afford my... other... habits.


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


veganzombiez #17 Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

    Clan Guy

  • Players
  • 1 battle
  • 18
  • [WGA]
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View Postahredstealth, on 07 August 2015 - 07:33 AM, said:

Also, in the original news letter put out by Wargaming it mentioned that Clans would need to be bought, and then have an upkeep associated with them.  Does anyone know what that fee is, and how often it will be charged?  I would like to know so I don't run low on cash flow.  I'll have to adjust how much Prammo I sling in game to afford my... other... habits.

 

I'm not aware of any upkeep fee for Clans.  Do you happen to have a link/screenshot of that newsletter?



(Ambassador to anime clans)

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!


ahredstealth #18 Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:49 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View Postveganzombiez, on 07 August 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

 

I'm not aware of any upkeep fee for Clans.  Do you happen to have a link/screenshot of that newsletter?

 

Re-looked through the clan newsletters I could find, and didn't see anything about upkeep.  I must have been loopy when I was reading through stuff.  Disregard.  I must have been incorrect.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


ObjX #19 Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:27 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8219 battles
  • 861
  • [SW4RM]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View Postveganzombiez, on 06 August 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

 

We've actually got over 2,000 clans already on Blitz, which is pretty awesome!  Of course, this means that some clan names/tags have slipped by, but we're working on it.  You can also always report an inappropriate clan name or tag to Support.

 

2k clans no global map to fight on..... well back to the potatoe grind.

 

TIER X: E50M FV215B Object268 TIER IX: T54 Object 704 T30 TIER VIII: Indien Panzer Panther II Premiums: AT15A T34 T2Light


PinDadNW #20 Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:01 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39638 battles
  • 1,142
  • [RAIDR]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2014

tView Postalbertjhonny, on 06 August 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

I found this too. Thanks for highlighting it. ALO and SLY take note of this.

 

That name isn't as bad as is seems, they're just a group of highly specialized analysts and therapists.

 


Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]






Also tagged with clans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users