Fix Afks please

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

christian1470 #1 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39203 battles
There has been an Afk in almost every game for the last hour. Seriously, it is ruining the quality of play. I have messaged some and most unabashedly admit to it and don't care. Please, WG. MAKE THEM CARE. FINE THEM, GIVE THEM SUSPENSIONS. DO SOMETHING, PLEASE!?!!!

Pheldagriff #2 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9131 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Soon™

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"

_MoisterOyster #3 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:13 PM

Clubs Wargaming

• Players
  • 28906 battles
  • [_V_]
The Asia server is taking too long... They need to make a decision so we can improve AFKs in here.

AASHKC #4 Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14466 battles
  • [MOM5]
BAN THOSE AFK GOOFS!

My Device (Android)Samsung Galaxy Note Pro--12.2''

Clan: Proud to be a M.O.M

Looney-Tooners founded by myself & Acrisis

ahredstealth #5 Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:25 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

AFKs can be very frustrating on the Green team.  On the Red team I never mind them.

I agree though, something could use to be done.  a 40%~er is better then a 0%-er...

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

_NUCLEOTIDE #6 Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 49577 battles
ya well 80% of the teams today might as well be afk. These people are so stupid! some really really poor performance from your average pub potatoes. Thats even more frustrating, to have alive tanks that dont do the team any good. Where do these people come from? How many cans of lead based paint did they eat as a child? Is there an autism epidemic? Tier ten, as usual, is the biggest  cesspit of them all.  

Tanka1949 #7 Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4799 battles
  • [WAR1]
Sometimes it's not your fault when you go AFK.  

christian1470 #8 Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39203 battles
[Content Moderated - Non Constructive]
--Rhonico

ErikBlack #9 Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5958 battles
  • [3AD]

View Postchristian1470, on 06 August 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

There has been an Afk in almost every game for the last hour. Seriously, it is ruining the quality of play. I have messaged some and most unabashedly admit to it and don't care. Please, WG. MAKE THEM CARE. FINE THEM, GIVE THEM SUSPENSIONS. DO SOMETHING, PLEASE!?!!!

They are about to.  I've put together the details on http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/25234-pledge-for-anti-afk-on-na/

flamingsword1 #10 Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10729 battles
Seriously though, a lot of times it's really not their fault, lot of the time people enter the battle half way thorough because of WG' s bugs that makes their game crash out they had to do something. One of my friends always enters the battle 30 seconds after anyone else does for some reason. Last update brought crashing bugs for me before they fixed it, and as expected in the hours after the update release, there wrre game crashing bugs for other people! WG needs to step up their wavy and triple test these updates before releasing them! 

Join us on discord for epic countdowns, top-notch strategy, and a chill community! 

em_808 #11 Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 43 battles

Yes today the fame was just about to begin when my iPad screen went black. Tried to get back on but app wouldn't open. Still won't.  I'm sure my T-62 was Afk in that game and it wasn't my fault.  Internet working fine so must be wot servers.  I'm not trying to be Afk!

Please fix this problem. Thanks love the game!

Firefly_1026 #12 Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:21 AM

King of Smurf and Seals

• Players
  • 23176 battles
  • [KRONO]

Banning anyone who goes afk, WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, why? Because simply its not simply something they can control, its just a game, why you heff to be mad? If you really want to prevent afks, you would want to make it virtually impossible for people to be afk, banning people ain't gonna solve the problem, its just going to piss off a large portion of the playerbase, we didn't go banning failtoons left and right, and that worked out perfectly. 

For example, I am playing and during that, my mom tells me to take out the garbage, and because I value my mom and my family more than the game, I go to take out the garbage, and if you ban me, guess what? I will STILL value my family more than the game, and I would STILL rather go afk if there is something urgent IRL. See? You would not solve the problem.

Edited by Firefly_1026, 17 August 2015 - 04:28 AM.

acrisis #13 Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

Trash = URGENT IRL ? Oh please ... 

URGENT = immediate medical and safety issues. If you or a family member ins't in imminent danger, it isn't " urgent ". Talk to some first responders or people who serve your city, county, state, country to learn what " urgent" is. 

If you're a kid ... How about you: 

Take out the trash and do the chores before you play.

Finish your homework first.

Don't start a game if dinner is going to be ready in two min.

Don't start a game if it is lights out in three min.

Don't start a game if you have to do a baby burp in two minutes. 

:justwait:

And turn off facebook and what not social distractions on your device. Do whatever else you may have to do first, and then play the game, and just the game. 

Edited by acrisis, 18 August 2015 - 09:02 PM.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Firefly_1026 #14 Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:34 AM

King of Smurf and Seals

• Players
  • 23176 battles
  • [KRONO]

View Postacrisis, on 18 August 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Fine, I may have used a bad example, but hopefully you're still bright enough to get my point, banning afks will not stop afks. ******

[Content Moderated - General Insults]

~PanikMekanic

acrisis #15 Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostFirefly_1026, on 18 August 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

Fine, I may have used a bad example, but hopefully you're still bright enough to get my point, banning afks will not stop afks. ******

[Content Moderated - General Insults]

~PanikMekanic

:ohmy: ... let me see about turning a light on, I must have a bulb somewhere, don't I?

Now, did anybody ever say that anything WG is entertaining, or any of the ideas that the forum-ers have brought forward will " STOP AFKs "?

As in stop and prevent it all-together?

No. The point is not about penalizing the occasional AFK, due do dropped internet etc. The point is about serial AFKs, especially those below and lower 40% WR guys who have worked their way up with passive play, and go AFK as low tier or high tier ... when there's a drop of rain falling out of the sky. Dealing with the worst offenders should go a long way in dealing with the issue. Because it is quite rare that I see a higher WR guy drop out from the get go.

The only non-punitive and actually most team "fair" thing I have proposed many months ago was that the server would detect AFKs at startup, and replace them.

Doesn't matter whether the AFK is willful (don't like the MM, screw this), family (must take the trash out), game crash, internet crash, etc. The server would simply detect that player X hasn't driven 0-n feet away from spawn within 30-60 secs, no turret movement, etc. - and consequently take that player out of the game and spawn-in another player, from the queued up guys. Guess what, player Y you get dropped into a live battle already in progress! nn secs have passed! Fight! ...

So, the AFK gets 0 xp 0 credits etc., another player gets to join a game already 30-45-60 secs in progress (whatever would seem reasonable to WG) and the allied team actually gets a full working team.   And, if the AFK player x was due to some small game crash or internet drop, he will simply rejoin the queue and start another battle. 

For added effect:

- the AFK could be blown up by an arty shell

or

- there could be a self destruct sequence initiated thing, the AFK player gets a countdown timer as a last chance to get his but in gear ... if not BOOM.
Both cases the AFK would be on the hook for complete tank repair. As a small reminder they were AFK.
Downside would be that some kids would do that just for kicks, just like the drowning your tank thing. Hence punitive damages so people don't feel like they can get away with it for free.

Now, when it comes to AFK crashes. Why doesn't the game detect improper shut down and send a little crash log to WG, the next time you start up? Vs this long winded stupid create a ticket, wait for response, dig for technical details after hooking it up to a computer thing. Even if there's a sand box thing, at a minimum they should be able to transmit some basics and focus repairs based on that. 

:B Bright enough?

Edited by acrisis, 19 August 2015 - 02:55 PM.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users