Around the Campfire - [SPUD] and [SPUDX] - Tactics, Tips, Brags, and General Spuddery.

Campers N Taters [SPUD] [SPUDX] campfire tater nation tater prom dress

• Please log in to reply
9307 replies to this topic

Ptank2012 #9301 Posted Yesterday, 08:11 PM

Never Tell Me the Odds

• Players
  • 11973 battles
  • [SPUD]
Alright a new Spud! Welcome!

I've got that feeling as well fireice, but then I get a game that ruins that theory and I forget about it until my next losing/inadiquit streak.

Favorite tanks: E-75, Cromwell, Nashorn, KV-2, SU-152 and the Shinob

Lines currently grinding: T57 ,STB-1, Obj. 268 & Maus 

BushiBan #9302 Posted Yesterday, 08:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1517 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postfireice666, on 29 May 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

congrats on making the team :)

now, on a related to my previous post lamenting my luck, teams and not in last place my lack of skill.... i had another 20 games today in mostly tier 5. won 16 of the 20 but... it left a strange taste in my mouth. the raging from yesterday was replaced with a feeling of inadequacy... i just could not place myself in the right spots at the right time... as a result i got mostly carried. i did ok, but got only 1 high caliber medal.... just my teammates seemed to be the precise opposite of yesterday. i wonder actually how trollish mm is... or maybe not- it seems that the more you carry the crappier teams you get and the other way around... and that moving equation resets every so often... 

just random thoughts. 

I too wonder about MM

I've been working hard, got my damage and destruction ratios finally above 1.0, and needed just one more victory for my WR to reach 50%. Many loses in a row .........

MM is indeed fickeled. I may need to wait to attempt again ..... LOL

Edited by BushiBan, Yesterday, 08:26 PM.

SaveSave

fireice666 #9303 Posted Yesterday, 08:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15436 battles
  • [-DERP]

View PostBushiBan, on 29 May 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

I too wonder about MM

I've been working hard, got my damage and destruction ratios finally above 1.0, and needed just one more victory for my WR to reach 50%. Many loses in a row .........

MM is indeed fickeled. I may need to wait to attempt again ..... LOL

brother bushi- anytime you see me green and "present" in the game feel free to platoon with me- i will be more than happy to help you to the  best of my abilities break the losing streak... I know how it feels and a platoon buddy usually is all that is needed most of the time ...

Edited by fireice666, Yesterday, 08:43 PM.

BushiBan #9304 Posted Yesterday, 09:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1517 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postfireice666, on 29 May 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

brother bushi- anytime you see me green and "present" in the game feel free to platoon with me- i will be more than happy to help you to the  best of my abilities break the losing streak... I know how it feels and a platoon buddy usually is all that is needed most of the time ...

You honor me with you offer of battle. Before I am allowed to return I must:

1. Make a pilgrimage to the Shinto Temple and ask for the blessing of Hachiman, the God of War. 

2. Beg the forgiveness of my Shogun for dishonoring him in battle. Hopefully he will not cast me out as Ronin.

3. Lastly I must seek the council of my Sensei for I have failed his teachings.

After restoring my honor only then will I be allowed on the battlefield.

SaveSave

fireice666 #9305 Posted Today, 12:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15436 battles
  • [-DERP]

View PostBushiBan, on 29 May 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

You honor me with you offer of battle. Before I am allowed to return I must:

1. Make a pilgrimage to the Shinto Temple and ask for the blessing of Hachiman, the God of War. 

2. Beg the forgiveness of my Shogun for dishonoring him in battle. Hopefully he will not cast me out as Ronin.

3. Lastly I must seek the council of my Sensei for I have failed his teachings.

After restoring my honor only then will I be allowed on the battlefield.

to celebrate hachiman we can certainly play in tier "8" if you wish so :D

(had to look it up and noticed the reference to the eight banners)

Edited by fireice666, Today, 12:10 AM.

BushiBan #9306 Posted Today, 01:25 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1517 battles
  • [SPUD]

actually I've only worked up to tier IV and V. Been running heavies in accordance with my Sensei's teachings. A samurai is blessed to receive Masamune steel and heavies were a gift of my Sensei.

One day I hope to be ready for tier VIII

SaveSave

SpartacusDiablo #9307 Posted Today, 01:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5595 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBushiBan, on 29 May 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

actually I've only worked up to tier IV and V. Been running heavies in accordance with my Sensei's teachings. A samurai is blessed to receive Masamune steel and heavies were a gift of my Sensei.

I've made my home at tier V and VI. I could play higher but what's the point in playing a bunch of unequipped tanks and losing money along the way?

​If you are always on the losing team it may be time to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

fireice666 #9308 Posted Today, 12:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15436 battles
  • [-DERP]

View PostBushiBan, on 30 May 2017 - 01:25 AM, said:

i have some half equipped tier 3-5 tanks that i do pretty well in ... so if i see you online we can go find some poor sobs to beat on (or get beaten on lol)

49 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users