Around the Campfire - [SPUD] and [SPUDX] - Tactics, Tips, Brags, and General Spuddery.

Campers N Taters [SPUD] [SPUDX] campfire tater nation tater prom dress

• Please log in to reply
10365 replies to this topic

Vater_Von_Tom #10361 Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23207 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostBushiBan, on 28 November 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

thanks Whiskey! I appreciate ya'll checking on me and Vater. I figured our snoring would let you know .....

You'll notice we always make sure to turn Bushiban's chair sideways from the fire, as we never know when he had beans for dinner. That rule came about the night of the Great Conflagration when much hair was singed and there was a great flinging of beer cans as everyone scattered.

I_Maverick_I #10362 Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:30 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 18899 battles
  • [_V_]
Hey guys, mind I pull up a log? I'd like to talk about what your favorite type of playstyle is. Gotta admit, I love mediums and spotting. Winning is a team effort, at all, and in this meta of camping and TD's, a good spotter goes a long way to helping the team get the win.

Edited by I_Maverick_I, 03 December 2018 - 08:31 AM.

(Credits to SparticusDiablo for the signature)
Get to know me on Discord: Maverick [_V_]#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp

Vater_Von_Tom #10363 Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23207 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 03 December 2018 - 02:30 AM, said:

Hey guys, mind I pull up a log? I'd like to talk about what your favorite type of playstyle is. Gotta admit, I love mediums and spotting. Winning is a team effort, at all, and in this meta of camping and TD's, a good spotter goes a long way to helping the team get the win.

Howdy - I like playing some mediums, as long as I don't have to brawl, hate that. Lights I would like to play better. I can usually hold my own in a Heavy, but a TD suits me best.

Of course, a good spotter is absolutely necessary for TDs. Unfortunately, both the spotter and the TD are often team dependent, which makes for a tough game these days.

BushiBan #10364 Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3278 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 03 December 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

Welcome I_Maverick_I, grab a log and pull up to the fire. I'm an older player so my reflexes aren't that quick so I tend to prefer heavies, and some mediums. I like a fair bit of gun depression and ridge fighting, as well as side scraping. Lights are fun, I just don't do that well in them.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

I_Maverick_I #10365 Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:14 PM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 18899 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostVater_Von_Tom, on 05 December 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

Howdy - I like playing some mediums, as long as I don't have to brawl, hate that. Lights I would like to play better. I can usually hold my own in a Heavy, but a TD suits me best.

Of course, a good spotter is absolutely necessary for TDs. Unfortunately, both the spotter and the TD are often team dependent, which makes for a tough game these days.

I agree, when i do run a platoon, ill run a med or light and ill have my platoonmate run a TD for that reason.

(Credits to SparticusDiablo for the signature)
Get to know me on Discord: Maverick [_V_]#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp

bg2b #10366 Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:22 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 19175 battles
  • [SPUD]

Appropriately, the non-so-secret SPUD greeting upon loading into a random battle and finding another SPUD in the same game is to type:

"Talk to me Goose!"

At which point the other SPUD must reply:

"Don't do it Mav!"

Then they proceed to gloriously potato together.  That usually happens automatically since half the time they manage to die immediately because they're trying to type while driving.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users