Around the Campfire - [SPUD] and [SPUDX] - Tactics, Tips, Brags, and General Spuddery.

Campers N Taters [SPUD] [SPUDX] campfire tater nation tater prom dress

• Please log in to reply
10489 replies to this topic

_GhostPepper #10381 Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:17 AM

Spicy HESHed Potato Pies, Inc.

• Players
  • 39816 battles
  • [SPUD]
Hi Duke and Maverick, welcome by the fire! Glad to see ya’ll. Add me up as well, but, like Bushi said, I too am out of town until after the new year. I’m trying to play some, but just not able to as much as I’d like. If we ever can toon, try not to copy my bad habits. Nonetheless, I’d be happy to run some when I can. I’m usually not a long stretch of battles player though as it seems real life has me pulled in 50 directions every time I push battle. 

Vater_Von_Tom #10382 Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostDuke_87, on 27 December 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

So is tooning the missing piece? I applied and posted on here (as instructed), but haven’t heard anything. I added some taters as friends to try to toon, but I never seem to spot anyone. lol

I am always willing to drag someone down with me. So, if I'm on I'll toon with you.

Duke_87 #10383 Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31031 battles
  • [MOM]

Wahoo, I am officiallly a SPUD!

MOM would be so proud...er...

Goal: Suck incrementally less, day by day

ShootinSabot #10384 Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 21054 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostDuke_87, on 02 January 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

Very Cool, someone new to get the adult beverages and the firewood. Our standards must be  getting better, there is hope for the clans. 

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

BushiBan #10385 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3513 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostDuke_87, on 02 January 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Congratulations! Did they explain about your duties as a New Potato?

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Vater_Von_Tom #10386 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 21 February 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

It would appear you are already looking for a respectable clan.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/92382-looking-for-a-respectable-clan-but-since-those-dont-exist-ill-settle-for-you-noobs/

In short, none of that applies to us.

Let me see if I can put this in a language you can understand from looking at your signature.

Remember that time that Picard told Harry to use the force?  I'm certain if you do that you'll find a clan for you.

"...I'm the bottom of the runt"...how short do you have to be to even see the bottom of the runt?

t4four #10387 Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:03 AM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 36668 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Welcome aboard Duke. Now where is my beer?
I like turtles

bg2b #10388 Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:16 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postt4four, on 05 January 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

Now where is my beer?

If you can't remember important things like where you put your beer, your address, your spouse's name, etc., then it might be time to switch over to Triarii.

BushiBan #10389 Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3513 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postbg2b, on 14 January 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

If you can't remember important things like where you put your beer, your address, your spouse's name, etc., then it might be time to switch over to Triarii.

:ohmy:

A_Puma_Named_Messi #10390 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:23 PM

Private

• Players
  • 16505 battles
  • [BWING]

View Postahredstealth, on 10 August 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

Welcome to the Camp Fire Thread.

This is the place for Campers and Taters to gather and get to know each other.  Want into SPUD?  Let us get to know you here.  First and foremost, we don't care about 1337 stats.  If you want in, we have to make certain you will be a good fit for the group, which starts with attitude.

If you just want to hang with us, that's fine too.  There are plenty of open chairs around the campfire.  Grab one, and pull it up.  We're a friendly bunch that doesn't get to riled up that often.

If we have a SPUD EVENT coming up, like a scheduled count down, or deep fry weekend or something, I'll try to post up the even time right HERE: (In addition to SPUDS making their own threads.)

UPCOMING SPUD EVENTS AND DETAILS:

Painting Tanks with Persil ~ Friday nights at 11:15 on channel 45 (The All Potato Network - check your local directories) Persil will be showing everyone how to hand paint camo onto your tanks, and which shades bring out the color of your eyes the best.  He will also be showing people how to paint "happy trees and happy bushes."  Whatever that means.

Rust Repair with Tinman ~ Every sixth Friday of the month Tinman has volunteered to remove rust and do body work to old tanks.  He also knocks out dents, buffs, polishes, and greases joints and hinges.  All for free.  Great Service!  Relatively Speedy!  He even managed to get the cigar smell out of my KV-1.  I don't know how, and I didn't ask.  His shop is just outside the Cap Circle on Port Bay.  Park OUTSIDE the circle.  He says the air raid sirens get old real fast.

Zip_Zip's youtube channel with random tank/strategy guides can be found by clicking this sentence.

Psyberius has a channel too.  Psylent Productions.  Clever name!  Clever Game Play!  Win~Win.  Click the centance.  When I do it, it just looks misspelled.

Bg2B's Youtube Channel.  Much M4, and other random games...  If you want to watch Bg as he works his way from good to great, start at the beginning and flow through to the end.

TEAM SPEAK INFO

TEAMSPEAK INFO:  Special thanks to Furicle.  Way to be a pro-active SPUD!

Back to the original post:

First piece of advice given in the Campfire Thread.  Folks tell me it's still relevant so I'm putting it back in:

FAQ:

Q:  Hi!  I'd like to join Campers and Taters!  What are your stat requirements?

A:  Don't be a giant [edited]bag.  That's our biggie.  The rest is not really an issue.

Q:  What's the difference between [SPUD] and [SPUDX]?

A:  [SPUD] is where the Taters are.  [SPUDX] is where we keep the Other Taters.

Q:  Are you guys currently recruiting?

A:  We don't ever really stop.  We just don't ever really actively recruit either.  Because Karmic Synergy.

Q:  Who is in Charge?

A:  Karmic Synergy.  And we sorta discuss stuff as a group before we do anything... so sometimes it takes a while.

Q:  Is it true that Stealth Only Shoots Premium Ammo?

A:  Completely False.  I fired an AP round once when first started and didn't know any better.

Q:  What does Furcile's name mean?

A:  

צו געפֿינען די ענטפֿערס איר זוכן, איר מוזן קוקן ין. אבער דאַנק פֿאַר טריינג Google זעץ.

Q:  How do I "Survive More?"

A:  Flip the Switch in the Settings Menu.

Q: What's with the Prom Dress thing?

A:  There are some things you don't just ask.  You have to live them.  Can a bird explain to you how to fly?  Or a Fish how to swim?  Potato rituals are much like that.  And don't touch the tiara.

And now, Onto the Signatures:

Please feel free to grab one if you so choose.  The cost is saying 1 nice thing to someone in the game.  Most people playing today will never be able to afford a single Signature here...

Spoiler

And there you go.

A_Puma_Named_Messi #10391 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:24 PM

Private

• Players
  • 16505 battles
  • [BWING]

View Postahredstealth, on 10 August 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

Welcome to the Camp Fire Thread.

This is the place for Campers and Taters to gather and get to know each other.  Want into SPUD?  Let us get to know you here.  First and foremost, we don't care about 1337 stats.  If you want in, we have to make certain you will be a good fit for the group, which starts with attitude.

If you just want to hang with us, that's fine too.  There are plenty of open chairs around the campfire.  Grab one, and pull it up.  We're a friendly bunch that doesn't get to riled up that often.

If we have a SPUD EVENT coming up, like a scheduled count down, or deep fry weekend or something, I'll try to post up the even time right HERE: (In addition to SPUDS making their own threads.)

UPCOMING SPUD EVENTS AND DETAILS:

Painting Tanks with Persil ~ Friday nights at 11:15 on channel 45 (The All Potato Network - check your local directories) Persil will be showing everyone how to hand paint camo onto your tanks, and which shades bring out the color of your eyes the best.  He will also be showing people how to paint "happy trees and happy bushes."  Whatever that means.

Rust Repair with Tinman ~ Every sixth Friday of the month Tinman has volunteered to remove rust and do body work to old tanks.  He also knocks out dents, buffs, polishes, and greases joints and hinges.  All for free.  Great Service!  Relatively Speedy!  He even managed to get the cigar smell out of my KV-1.  I don't know how, and I didn't ask.  His shop is just outside the Cap Circle on Port Bay.  Park OUTSIDE the circle.  He says the air raid sirens get old real fast.

Zip_Zip's youtube channel with random tank/strategy guides can be found by clicking this sentence.

Psyberius has a channel too.  Psylent Productions.  Clever name!  Clever Game Play!  Win~Win.  Click the centance.  When I do it, it just looks misspelled.

Bg2B's Youtube Channel.  Much M4, and other random games...  If you want to watch Bg as he works his way from good to great, start at the beginning and flow through to the end.

TEAM SPEAK INFO

TEAMSPEAK INFO:  Special thanks to Furicle.  Way to be a pro-active SPUD!

Back to the original post:

First piece of advice given in the Campfire Thread.  Folks tell me it's still relevant so I'm putting it back in:

FAQ:

Q:  Hi!  I'd like to join Campers and Taters!  What are your stat requirements?

A:  Don't be a giant [edited]bag.  That's our biggie.  The rest is not really an issue.

Q:  What's the difference between [SPUD] and [SPUDX]?

A:  [SPUD] is where the Taters are.  [SPUDX] is where we keep the Other Taters.

Q:  Are you guys currently recruiting?

A:  We don't ever really stop.  We just don't ever really actively recruit either.  Because Karmic Synergy.

Q:  Who is in Charge?

A:  Karmic Synergy.  And we sorta discuss stuff as a group before we do anything... so sometimes it takes a while.

Q:  Is it true that Stealth Only Shoots Premium Ammo?

A:  Completely False.  I fired an AP round once when first started and didn't know any better.

Q:  What does Furcile's name mean?

A:  

צו געפֿינען די ענטפֿערס איר זוכן, איר מוזן קוקן ין. אבער דאַנק פֿאַר טריינג Google זעץ.

Q:  How do I "Survive More?"

A:  Flip the Switch in the Settings Menu.

Q: What's with the Prom Dress thing?

A:  There are some things you don't just ask.  You have to live them.  Can a bird explain to you how to fly?  Or a Fish how to swim?  Potato rituals are much like that.  And don't touch the tiara.

And now, Onto the Signatures:

Please feel free to grab one if you so choose.  The cost is saying 1 nice thing to someone in the game.  Most people playing today will never be able to afford a single Signature here...

Spoiler

And there you go.

A_Puma_Named_Messi #10392 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:26 PM

Private

• Players
  • 16505 battles
  • [BWING]
Hey, sorry about the 2 earlier replies, I was trying to figure out how to add a reply. I was talking to Wouldchip for III about good clans to join and he recommended SPUD. So I was just looking to talk to someone about joining, thanks.

bg2b #10393 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]
Welcome USMCWOLF!  You can read through some random bits of the campfire thread to get an idea of the sort of social vibe that goes on within the SPUD clan.  This thread is no longer the main hangout though; we use a Slack server.  I guess since we're a pretty slack bunch, that makes sense...  Don't worry about duplicate postings.  This is already the longest thread on the forums, and adding more is only contributing to potato world domination!

bg2b #10394 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]
Oh, forgot to mention, please tell us a little bit about yourself, what you're looking for in Blitz and in a clan, etc.  I was really planning to ask that in the earlier post, but I'm a bit scatter-brained.

BushiBan #10395 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3513 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostUSMCWOLF_2017, on 18 January 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Hey, sorry about the 2 earlier replies, I was trying to figure out how to add a reply. I was talking to Wouldchip for III about good clans to join and he recommended SPUD. So I was just looking to talk to someone about joining, thanks.

Welcome USMCWOLF!

grab a log or go get a lawn chair from the shed and pull up to the fire and make yourself at home. Beverages are in the cooler under the table next to the shed. S'mores fixings are in the pan on the table, grilling sticks are in the shed. Now that should take care of the formalities. 

Please feel free to add me in game and I'll gladly let you drag my tired old tank around the battlefield and carry us to victory. I'm usually on in the mornings/mid-day, depends on work load.

As bg2b said we tend to hang out on our slack campsite, but Taters do drop by this one as well.

Again, welcome to the Campfire!

Vater_Von_Tom #10396 Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Howdy USMCWOLF. Welcome to the campfire. Word of caution, if BUSHIBAN tosses something in the campfire and takes off running while yelling back "Guess the caliber" I suggest you run too.

My son was once affiliated with a little organization that went by the USMC initials. 

_GhostPepper #10397 Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:26 AM

Spicy HESHed Potato Pies, Inc.

• Players
  • 39816 battles
  • [SPUD]

Welcome USMCWOLF_2017! Wouldchip from [iii] (o7 brother) did recommend you to a good clan! The best one I’ve ever had the honor and privilege of being a part of! Glad you made your way here.

Friend me up in-game, I’d be happy to run with ya. And as others have said, pull up a log and intro yourself up. 

Welcome me to the best camp-  in Blitz!

BushiBan #10398 Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:27 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3513 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostVater_Von_Tom, on 18 January 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Howdy USMCWOLF. Welcome to the campfire. Word of caution, if BUSHIBAN tosses something in the campfire and takes off running while yelling back "Guess the caliber" I suggest you run too.

Oh you love taking the fun out of the campfire Vater! It's always funny watching the new campfire visitors reaction .....  :teethhappy:

By the way Wolf, the two chairs closest to the latrine are mine and Vater's (His is the closest one)

jahawa #10399 Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17526 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Howdy USMCWOLF! Welcome to the campfire. This is a great community of Spuds. There is not a single person I wouldn't want to meet in person and share an adult beverage. Look me up in game and we can platoon.

__Frostbite #10400 Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24604 battles
  • [-0]

View Postjahawa, on 19 January 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

Howdy USMCWOLF! Welcome to the campfire. This is a great community of Spuds. There is not a single person I wouldn't want to meet in person and share an adult beverage. Look me up in game and we can platoon.

Hey jahawa, i saw your recent thread on the forums. this is unacceptable. we're going to push you back up to 50% wr. hit me up with a friend request, feel free to ping me on Discord and I'll see if I can platoon with you. We won't let the playerbase drag you down! :izmena:

Maverick

rusty.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users