Around the Campfire - [SPUD] and [SPUDX] - Tactics, Tips, Brags, and General Spuddery.

Campers N Taters [SPUD] [SPUDX] campfire tater nation tater prom dress

• Please log in to reply
10546 replies to this topic

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #201 Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28660 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I must have missed a step some were. but thanks for the help guys. you have helped sharpened this tack just a little more:honoring:
Have SPUD, will BUD

Psyberius #202 Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 14 August 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

Well executed in both surprise and mechanics.

I hear you. My thought is that engine allows for more choices on positions because I can get there and if I can cover more ground both over short and long distance it is at that point that the additional agility comes in. I am open to the possibility I am misfiring in my thinking. It is also possible that you are a much better driver than I am so you are leaning on agility whereas I might be leaning on getting to certain spots and cover. In that case we may both be doing the right thing for our style.

You definitely should do whatever fits your play style best. We all value different attributes. I wouldn't ever expect someone to make any decision just because I said so. I just wanted to share what my choices are and why I chose them based on how I play. o7

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

ahredstealth #203 Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 14 August 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Hey guys I hope this works.

Last night userbinperl and I were platooning, usr in his E75 and me in my Patton M46, and I would have to say we did the SPUD'S PROUD!  Popped into Fort Despair, and lord and behold who do we see on the red team.... The platoon of ace1234 and pattymelt, the dreaded Grimm Reapers ( #2 rated clan). I said oh my and usr said good match. The battle was on and this how it turned out. Oh by the way the 4 kills usr had two them were ace and pattymelt, boy can he drive that E75.

Spoiler

Solid game big guy.

I ran into yourworstnightmare from GRIM last night.  I had different results then you guys.  It's funny because I wanted to do one last run in the T-44 before I sold it... and that's what karma gave me...  giggle.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

FavreDollarFootlong #204 Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4501 battles

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 14 August 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Last night userbinperl and I were platooning, usr in his E75 and me in my Patton M46, and I would have to say we did the SPUD'S PROUD!  Popped into Fort Despair, and lord and behold who do we see on the red team.... The platoon of ace1234 and pattymelt, the dreaded Grimm Reapers ( #2 rated clan). I said oh my and usr said good match. The battle was on and this how it turned out. Oh by the way the 4 kills usr had two them were ace and pattymelt, boy can he drive that E75.

Spoiler

Well done guys, they are a formidable foe!

I've played about 20 matches this afternoon, in 2 of them red players I didn't recognize said "watch out for SPUD, they're good".

You guys need no knock off this silly winning crap, don't you care about out reputations?

Pheldagriff #205 Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9131 battles

Lulz.

#ClanWarsForeshadowing

Spoiler

He lagged out but still!!

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #206 Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28660 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 14 August 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

Solid game big guy.

I ran into yourworstnightmare from GRIM last night.  I had different results then you guys.  It's funny because I wanted to do one last run in the T-44 before I sold it... and that's what karma gave me...  giggle.

Thanks stealth,

You want to talk about Karma..... I came across nightmare too, but don't worry, I reaped revenge upon him and put him to bed for you hehehe . And far as your T44. " Don't cry cause its over.... Smile cause it happened".... Just had to say that. lol

Once again Thanks to you Ookla for the help on the imgur thing.:honoring:

Have SPUD, will BUD

FavreDollarFootlong #207 Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4501 battles

Hey Stealth,

Before I upload to the contest thread I wanted to post here first, to make sure it's what you're looking for.

And, just to get a feel, are these stats even worthy of consideration?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

ahredstealth #208 Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:21 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostFavreDollarFootlong, on 14 August 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

I've played about 20 matches this afternoon, in 2 of them red players I didn't recognize said "watch out for SPUD, they're good".

You guys need no knock off this silly winning crap, don't you care about out reputations?

Are you serious?  I've had call outs from other forumers where they just type out, "07 spud,"  but it's always someone I recognize.

View PostFavreDollarFootlong, on 14 August 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Hey Stealth,

Before I upload to the contest thread I wanted to post here first, to make sure it's what you're looking for.

And, just to get a feel, are these stats even worthy of consideration?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Yes.  That's exactly what I am looking for.  As far as if it's good enough, only time and the other Taters will tell.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

SonnetVolta #209 Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15037 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postmike82198, on 14 August 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

The Lowe is a pretty bad tank, but the people who purchase one are usually some of the worst players in the game and perform in it even worse than the average player would. How so? Because it takes a really poor player to look at the stats/battle performance of the IS-6, T-34 and the Lowe and to pick the Lowe. Thus the buyer is either someone who doesn't understand tank stats (bad), has never seen tier 8 combat (pretty bad), or a completist/masochist (might be good). The average stats on the Lowe are thus awful. 

The flip side of that is that two nights ago I got WRECKED by a Löwe platoon, because I ignored them. It was Middleburg, I was in Caernarvon, and I went hills. Didn't see the Löwes; they went town. Nothing too special happened up in the hills; I think it was 2-2 or 2-3 when I made it to Red hill spawn and headed to town. The Löwes had no kills. I focused on any other tanks I could find: SU-152, either an IS-3 or an IS-6. Suddenly it was 4-6, and then I died. 4-7. The Löwes had 1 kill total. But they had 4200 combined damage. They made 13/15 of their shots. The stronger Löwe went 8/8 shooting.

I'll never be great at this game, but I'm good enough that I now assume it's my job to kill the biggest threat. When I see a T82 in my Cruiser III, I go kill it. When I see an IS in my Black Prince, I go kill it. When I see an IS-6 platoon in my Caernarvon, I try to snipe them to death. But I just put the Löwe platoon on the back burner, right up until the house burned down.

Statistically, I think I did the right thing. Without seeing the kills tick up, I had no way to know that I was facing a good platoon of Löwes. But a really good player can go against expectations that way.

better sig

Ookla_the_Mok #210 Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 28935 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 14 August 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

I'll pass the salute on to FavreDollarFootlong as his post was what probably helped you. It can be an odd, unnecessarily cumbersome process the first few times.

BRSKT Discord - Now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

furicle #211 Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 51857 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I did have a battle yesterday where I was the lone spud and red had a KREIG + GRIM platoon.

Somebody (don't remember who) said 'SPUD sucks!'

I giggled, and although we lost badly (7-2) I got both members of the platoon.

In true SPUD fashion* I had chase one of them down a hill backwards in my JgPzE100 to get the ramming kill, but I got 'em.

Same somebody said 'A SPUD killed you?'

I giggled some more, but couldn't get wriggled out of the wreckage before the rest of them arrived and wiped me out.

So we've got some kind of rep anyway :-)

* Having fun is a SPUD rule, right?

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #212 Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28660 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 14 August 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

Thanks stealth,

You want to talk about Karma..... I came across nightmare too, but don't worry, I reaped revenge upon him and put him to bed for you hehehe . And far as your T44. " Don't cry cause its over.... Smile cause it happened".... Just had to say that. lol

I'm sorry Faver I thought it was Ookla my bad. once again thanks Faver.:facepalm:
Have SPUD, will BUD

t4four #213 Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:10 PM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 43060 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 14 August 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

I must have missed a step some were. but thanks for the help guys. you have helped sharpened this tack just a little more:honoring:

If I had to guess, I would say you are copying the image link instead of the direct link. At least that is the mistake I usually make.

I like turtles

Psyberius #214 Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

View PostFavreDollarFootlong, on 14 August 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

That's hilarious! I've been given the "o7 SPUD" increasingly since this clan's inception. But I haven't seen anyone issue a warning about us LOL. Funny part tho is that we really do have some very good players here hehe. Go ahead. Underestimate us. See what happens! :P

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Ookla_the_Mok #215 Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:28 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 28935 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postt4four, on 14 August 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

If I had to guess, I would say you are copying the image link instead of the direct link. At least that is the mistake I usually make.

Imgur is weird like that. My approach is to right-click on the image and open in a new tab. I now know how monstrous and/or clear the image will be, next you can use the URL in your browser as the direct link to the image. I don't use imgur often but I am not above a workaround of their format.

[BRSKT]  

FavreDollarFootlong #216 Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4501 battles

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a very un-SPUD-like afternoon.

Raised my WR by almost .20% and only 25 more points to get my WN8 back to blue!

Spoiler

Ookla_the_Mok #217 Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 28935 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Regarding the contest: I had a strange game on Falls Creek. A Comet and I are the only two that didn't go bridge (of 14 tanks). He gets on cap, I continue around but the Reds are not snipeable on approach. By the time I get there they have begun to move towards cap so I take to tracking two tanks. Result is a victory by cap with assisted damage of 400+ when only approximately 3000 damage was done by our team. In my estimation, that is a high percentage of total damage dealt but an ultra-low percentage relative to hit pool considering this was a Tier 8 game.

Friday. Weird things happen.

[BRSKT]  

SieurPersil #218 Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:31 PM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Posttinmanic, on 14 August 2015 - 04:12 AM, said:

Excellent & Congrats!  I'm feelingl the urge to start up the german lines again

Thank you and please do get those German tanks again ! Tiers 5 and 6 are nasty though.

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 14 August 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Oh no, the Canadian invasion is underway. I grew up in New England and spent some time around Moosehead Lake in Maine which has enough beautiful forest and lake to pretend to be Canada.

A modest proposal regarding this thread:

In a way, we are stretching a thread beyond its normal capabilities but we are making it work for now. However, I suggest we try to use spoilers for pictures and when quoting posts cut any pictures not in spoilers. If anyone is unfamiliar with spoilers, it is the icon on the second level of icons available when composing posts - it looks like a piece of paper. Now, the forum can be unwieldy and even your best attempt can end up formatted poorly. I know I have issues with the forum software bumping my text and mishandling quote blocks.

On a related note, do we think we might eventually want a simple forum space of our own. There are some free forum opportunities and some that are inexpensive. If we chose that route we could have a SPUD only section but possibly have a few public sections as well. The issue of concern is in keeping it moderated if it is open to anyone that registers.

Sorry ! I had no idea how to do the spoiler thingy (I really do fit in as I am part potato (better than being a dead frog I tell myself)).
Spoiler

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

SieurPersil #219 Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:51 PM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostArchie761, on 14 August 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

Another Canadian here!

I am actually on vacation in St. Andrews, New Brunswick atm, about 20 min or less away from Maine. Beautiful part of the world other than the less then stellar wifi. I tried to play the other day and had a low of 400 ping and a high of 35-40 fps.

I also have a shiny new T-54 sitting in the garage without a single scratch on it yet, just need to grind some free xp to upgrade the at least one module on it before I take her out for a spin.

I am planning to go engine, tracks, turret then the obj 140 gun. Thoughts?

A T-54 wolf pack sounds like it would be a bunch of fun.

St-Andrews NB is just a beatiful place to visit along with the whole bay of Fundy shoreline. Prince Edward Island is where all those potato field s are though............thinking of a possible convention there......must check map to see if Spudsville exists.

View Postyhfjhrhrhfrhrdj, on 14 August 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

Spoiler

Great game. Those Grimm are good players and a classy bunch. You are gonna have to come and sit by the campfire, have some taters and tell me how the hell you came up with your name........

On an other note, I had the chance last night to toon with Paukenwirbel. 4 games, 4 wins.......the spud-o-mania has begun !

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

Ookla_the_Mok #220 Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:50 AM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 28935 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostSieurPersil, on 14 August 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

Sorry ! I had no idea how to do the spoiler thingy (I really do fit in as I am part potato (better than being a dead frog I tell myself)).
Spoiler

Well played.

To SPUDs, I have not been available for many platoons just as the clan has embraced platooning. If you see me on the next few days do not hesitate to throw out an invitation to roll for a few. I know some of our members have not made it too high up the tech trees and I am more than willing to play most tiers if I can accommodate a tank that works (Premium matchmaking throws some possibilities off).

[BRSKT]  

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users