Jump to content


Around the Campfire - [SPUD] and [SPUDX] - Tactics, Tips, Brags, and General Spuddery.

Campers N Taters [SPUD] [SPUDX] campfire tater nation tater prom dress

  • Please log in to reply
10539 replies to this topic

furicle #61 Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:45 PM

    Tuber or not tuber...

  • Players
  • 51399 battles
  • 1,216
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

FYI - I've been hanging out on the TS server daily even when I'm not playing just to see how much use we're getting out of it, and the answer is... um.... rather potato like :-)

 

That's cool, not forcing anyone to use it, completely optional!

 

If you're curious and want to play with it a bit without forking out the $5 for iOS (I'm guessing Android is the same? Anyone? Bueller?) there is a free PC and Mac Version here

Just plunk our server address 54.68.211.91 in and the password and say hi


   _______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...


Psyberius #62 Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:58 PM

    Prestige Worldwide

  • Players
  • 29243 battles
  • 1,569
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View Postfuricle, on 11 August 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

FYI - I've been hanging out on the TS server daily even when I'm not playing just to see how much use we're getting out of it, and the answer is... um.... rather potato like :-)

 

That's cool, not forcing anyone to use it, completely optional!

 

If you're curious and want to play with it a bit without forking out the $5 for iOS (I'm guessing Android is the same? Anyone? Bueller?) there is a free PC and Mac Version here

Just plunk our server address 54.68.211.91 in and the password and say hi

I haven't been home since Monday. I should be back later tonight and I'll jump on TS. Been looking forward to using it in an actual game. 


"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper


FavreDollarFootlong #63 Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4501 battles
  • 438
  • Member since:
    05-29-2015

View Postfuricle, on 11 August 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

FYI - I've been hanging out on the TS server daily even when I'm not playing just to see how much use we're getting out of it, and the answer is... um.... rather potato like :-)

 

That's cool, not forcing anyone to use it, completely optional!

 

If you're curious and want to play with it a bit without forking out the $5 for iOS (I'm guessing Android is the same? Anyone? Bueller?) there is a free PC and Mac Version here

Just plunk our server address 54.68.211.91 in and the password and say hi

I'm looking forward to trying it, it will be a blast to do some countdowns!



ahredstealth #64 Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:20 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

I have no idea how to use it.

 

I'll try and look into it in the next few days, but again, most of the time I play with the volume off as to not disturb the family... mostly small sleeping members.

 

It does sound interesting though, and I want to at least log on and test it out!  Thanks again Furicle!


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


furicle #65 Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

    Tuber or not tuber...

  • Players
  • 51399 battles
  • 1,216
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014
For the record I'm in Eastern... I might be the outlier....

   _______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...


Psyberius #66 Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

    Prestige Worldwide

  • Players
  • 29243 battles
  • 1,569
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View Postfuricle, on 11 August 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

For the record I'm in Eastern... I might be the outlier....

I'm Eastern too. I live in a smallish town about an hour's ride north of Boston, MA. 


Edited by Psyberius, 11 August 2015 - 09:47 PM.

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper


FavreDollarFootlong #67 Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4501 battles
  • 438
  • Member since:
    05-29-2015

I have the credits and XP to upgrade to the Pershing or T-44. If any of you are familiar with either or both, which one is the easier transition?

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 

I'm obviously much better in the T-43, but I know that doesn't always translate to the next tier...



FavreDollarFootlong #68 Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4501 battles
  • 438
  • Member since:
    05-29-2015

View Postfuricle, on 11 August 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

For the record I'm in Eastern... I might be the outlier....

 

View PostPsyberius, on 11 August 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

I'm Eastern too. I live in a smallish town about an hour's ride north of Boston, MA. 

Central time here, about 90 mi west of Chicago. 



Psyberius #69 Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:55 PM

    Prestige Worldwide

  • Players
  • 29243 battles
  • 1,569
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostFavreDollarFootlong, on 11 August 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

I have the credits and XP to upgrade to the Pershing or T-44. If any of you are familiar with either or both, which one is the easier transition?

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 

I'm obviously much better in the T-43, but I know that doesn't always translate to the next tier...

Best advise I can give is to consider the end game. Which tier X do you want first? Do that and go back and continue with your second choice after. 


"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper


ahredstealth #70 Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:15 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 19022 battles
  • 8,705
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

Russian bias, of course.  Don't show your right side with the 44.  Ever.  You will learn that lesson quickly.

 

Actually, the "What X do you want" makes a lot of sense.  I'd do that.


Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

 

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...


FavreDollarFootlong #71 Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4501 battles
  • 438
  • Member since:
    05-29-2015

View PostPsyberius, on 11 August 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

Best advise I can give is to consider the end game. Which tier X do you want first? Do that and go back and continue with your second choice after. 

 

View Postahredstealth, on 11 August 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Russian bias, of course.  Don't show your right side with the 44.  Ever.  You will learn that lesson quickly.

 

Actually, the "What X do you want" makes a lot of sense.  I'd do that.

That my problem, like a spoiled brat, I want both tier Xs simultaneously lol!

Just based on how much fun the T-43 is, I'm leaning towards the 44.

That would also give me an opportunity to turn some of the red stats on my T20 green before upgrading...



SteelCityHammer #72 Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:37 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12207 battles
  • 138
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    12-28-2014

Gents:  I am going to try to get the hang of this TS thing soon.  I must admit that I usually play in silent mode so as not to disturb she who must not be angered....

 

Re: the Pershing/Russian topic... I have not played the Russian line so I have no valid opinion there.  The Pershing for me has been fun, many struggle though.  It is a "hull down" flanker- also, you can hull down on the front line like a heavy if required.  Better to get off to a side tho- pen is too weak for frontal fighting at tier 8, let alone 9 & 10.  If your good with that playstyle its rewarding.... a mini- T34 if you will, with a solid turret but no hull armor.  Speed will not save you.  

 

If you like "slash and burn", go Russian, just from my observations on trying to fight them.  

 

Regards, SCH



Psyberius #73 Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:43 PM

    Prestige Worldwide

  • Players
  • 29243 battles
  • 1,569
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostFavreDollarFootlong, on 11 August 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

 

That my problem, like a spoiled brat, I want both tier Xs simultaneously lol!

Just based on how much fun the T-43 is, I'm leaning towards the 44.

That would also give me an opportunity to turn some of the red stats on my T20 green before upgrading...

There's no rule saying you can't go back and forth and grind both. Right now I'm grinding the M103 and Centurion to get the E5 and Cent 7/1 respectively. I like to change it up and run my T-54, T-62A and Obj140 when I feel like tearing it up and improving my tier IX and X stats. It all depends on my mood. 


"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper


tpcshadow #74 Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39488 battles
  • 2,043
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 10 August 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

So is this the thread to roast up some food and enjoy an adult beverage?

 

On a side note, it was like 106F here today, my Clown Car melted. Seriously, noone go outside.

 

DFW area? I'm intentionally vaguely north of that area and have a photo of my car reading 106 during my commute home.

tpcshadow #75 Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:58 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39488 battles
  • 2,043
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostFavreDollarFootlong, on 11 August 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

I have the credits and XP to upgrade to the Pershing or T-44. If any of you are familiar with either or both, which one is the easier transition?

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 

I'm obviously much better in the T-43, but I know that doesn't always translate to the next tier...

 

For me, the Pershing was the T-20+. Very much more of the same. It likes hull down.  My shining moment of greatness was taking down a full health JgPz E100 using CoD when all I could pen was his butt. 

 

The T44 is a true Russian medium run-and-gun don't stop moving tank. The front armor is surprisingly bouncy due to the extreme angle. But it excels at being the annoying gnat playing peek a boom or running in circles around an enemy. 



tpcshadow #76 Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:11 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39488 battles
  • 2,043
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostPsyberius, on 11 August 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

There's no rule saying you can't go back and forth and grind both. Right now I'm grinding the M103 and Centurion to get the E5 and Cent 7/1 respectively. I like to change it up and run my T-54, T-62A and Obj140 when I feel like tearing it up and improving my tier IX and X stats. It all depends on my mood. 

 

I love the Cent 7/1 maxed out. With the 105 it's like no other tank on the battlefield. Pen and damage equal to the M103 top gun with a bouncy turret and awsome gun depression. Peeking over hills you will fear no tier X. Here's my try at recording a game and narrating my thoughts during the game: https://youtu.be/8kWNt5YmwvU

Psyberius #77 Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:26 PM

    Prestige Worldwide

  • Players
  • 29243 battles
  • 1,569
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View Posttpcshadow, on 11 August 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

 

I love the Cent 7/1 maxed out. With the 105 it's like no other tank on the battlefield. Pen and damage equal to the M103 top gun with a bouncy turret and awsome gun depression. Peeking over hills you will fear no tier X. Here's my try at recording a game and narrating my thoughts during the game: https://youtu.be/8kWNt5YmwvU

I've heard great things about the Cent 7/1 and FV from the few that use and love them. Can't wait to get them in my garage. 


Edited by Psyberius, 11 August 2015 - 11:27 PM.

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper


t4four #78 Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:06 AM

    Fix the cigarette lighter

  • Players
  • 41791 battles
  • 1,703
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

To Furicle:  I am still waiting for Teamspeak for Dummies to come out.

To Farve:  In this case I would base your choice on which tier VII you liked better.


I like turtles

SonnetVolta #79 Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:46 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15037 battles
  • 685
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View Postahredstealth, on 11 August 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

I have no idea how to use it.

 

I'll try and look into it in the next few days, but again, most of the time I play with the volume off as to not disturb the family... mostly small sleeping members.

 

It does sound interesting though, and I want to at least log on and test it out!  Thanks again Furicle!

 

Not to throw too much futuristic wizardry at you at once, Potato Potentate, but…headphones? Not just for the nice sound effects, but when the >plunk!< noise comes in your right ear, that tells you that the shot plunked off your right side. Helps with situational awareness for sure.  

 

My schedule is all kinds of wrong for TS, since I live in California and work afternoon/evening shifts, but I'll look for you when I can.


Edited by SonnetVolta, 12 August 2015 - 12:46 AM.

better sig


SonnetVolta #80 Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:00 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15037 battles
  • 685
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View Postfuricle, on 11 August 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

FYI - I've been hanging out on the TS server daily even when I'm not playing just to see how much use we're getting out of it, and the answer is... um.... rather potato like :-)

 

That's cool, not forcing anyone to use it, completely optional!

 

If you're curious and want to play with it a bit without forking out the $5 for iOS (I'm guessing Android is the same? Anyone? Bueller?) there is a free PC and Mac Version here

Just plunk our server address 54.68.211.91 in and the password and say hi

 

If anyone is looking to get started with TeamSpeak, we might want to check out the 501st countdown battles tonight. Not our clan, but they invited everyone, and it might get you the critical mass you need to see if you like it.

better sig





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users