Around the Campfire - [SPUD] and [SPUDX] - Tactics, Tips, Brags, and General Spuddery.

Campers N Taters [SPUD] [SPUDX] campfire tater nation tater prom dress

• Please log in to reply
10539 replies to this topic

fubaroj9 #8661 Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12897 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBankrockstar, on 21 February 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

I really spread the wealth.  I have Germans up to the Tiger 1, Russians up to the KV-3 and IS-3, Americans up to the t-29, plus a bunch of tier-8 premiums.  I decided after the winter faire that I was so spread out that I needed to focus on lights/mediums and drop back to tier 6 to gain some proficiency.  I have all of these great heavies, but no experience with them.  My most successful heavies (for me in a few battles) have been the Germans (except for the Tiger 1, which has been hopeless) and some of the Russians like the T-150 and the KV-1.  That was the reason for my question, because I would like to learn how to be successful in heavies.  I'd love to run some games with you.  I'll look for you in the game.  Thanks!

The russian kinda teach you about the hand of Stalin, drive forward and shoot. The germans will teach you a little more about finesse. Amazing laser like weapons on fragile vehicles. Looking forward to rolling with you!!

4100xpb #8662 Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16960 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 21 February 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

So, you can now buy a fearless...

Piano loaned me some gold.  Thanks man.

I have an is-6 fearless now.

****ing woot.

Okay, if anyone needs me I'll be playing with my toy tanks while patiently waiting for wargaming to screw up and sell the M60.

You know they will.

<evil smile>

Still got that fearless stealth?:justwait:

OxToxin #8663 Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15449 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postahredstealth, on 21 February 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

So, you can now buy a fearless...

Piano loaned me some gold.  Thanks man.

I have an is-6 fearless now.

****ing woot.

Okay, if anyone needs me I'll be playing with my toy tanks while patiently waiting for wargaming to screw up and sell the M60.

You know they will.

<evil smile>

Do I sense a dark side from you Stealth. >:-)

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me: your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23

ahredstealth #8664 Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post4100xpb, on 22 February 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Still got that fearless stealth?:justwait:

They came in the night like thieves and stole it.

So I threw my "Blue name" at them as they left.

They can keep them both.  Somethings you are better off without.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

t4four #8665 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:13 PM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 40876 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postahredstealth, on 22 February 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

They came in the night like thieves and stole it.

So I threw my "Blue name" at them as they left.

They can keep them both.  Somethings you are better off without.

Usually it is in my nature to crack a joke about something like this, but I think WG is handling this poorly. Enough so that I will let this one pass with a simple - Thank you for your time as a man in blue.
I like turtles

ahredstealth #8666 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postt4four, on 22 February 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Usually it is in my nature to crack a joke about something like this, but I think WG is handling this poorly. Enough so that I will let this one pass with a simple - Thank you for your time as a man in blue.

Dear T4,

There is a time to mourn, there is a time to cheer, and there is a time to make stupid jokes on the internet.

While I agree with you that WG'ing is handling this poorly, that is hardly new for the way they handle most issues that pop up.

You're welcome for the time spent in blue.  I am deeply apologetic to everyone (forum wide) who had great ideas shared and nothing came of it because the system was a bit flawed from the get go.  I believe a few good things came from it, and I think both Us* and WarGaming learned from it, so there is something to be said for that.

However, all of that withstanding, they say the best way to mourn is with humor.

So with that said:

Posted Image

Also, I'm issuing a challenge.  Find the funniest gif I've ever seen as it relates to tanks and I will send you a 10 dollar iTunes or Google Play code.

Contest starts now, and I'll run it roughly a week or so...  Let's call it ending on Friday March 3rd~ish.

Big_B99 #8667 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14450 battles
Thank you Stealth!  5 minutes browsing 'funny tank gifs' made my entire day.  And some cool things are supposed to happen today.. 

Eco_81 #8668 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16513 battles
  • [SPUD]
There have been a ton of posts on the Fearless and my brain hurts trying to read them all but what I am thinking and wondering if others are as well (someone might have already stated it but you know tl/dr most of the posts) Do you think WG purposly put the Fearless in the gift shop hoping people would go buy gold with real money, gold they did not already have to buy this tank with the intntion of pulling it and refunding the gold and not the real money?  Basically a money grab.

BushiBan #8669 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3555 battles
  • [SPUDX]

well they had to know it was there, after all they put it in the store ...... I know I didn't put it there .... LOL

if they didn't know, what does that say about quality control on their part?

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

WareJC #8670 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13522 battles
Amazing how poorly Blizt is being run larely Shows very poor oversight and QC.
"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

Psyberius #8671 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles
Whatever their excuse, their response is unacceptable, unethical and quite probably illegal. 

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

yhfjhrhrhfrhrdj #8672 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28318 battles
  • [SPUDX]

:hiding:I feel something wrong from with in the force .

The dark side is lurking! :(

Have SPUD, will BUD

ahredstealth #8673 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]
I think I may have to put this in my signature.  Thanks Blartch, I smiled pretty large at this:

View PostBlartch, on 23 February 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

The Spudking is Wise in the Ways of StuffTM

Ookla_the_Mok #8674 Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28767 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postahredstealth, on 23 February 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Also, I'm issuing a challenge.  Find the funniest gif I've ever seen as it relates to tanks and I will send you a 10 dollar iTunes or Google Play code.

Contest starts now, and I'll run it roughly a week or so...  Let's call it ending on Friday March 3rd~ish.

In honor of Tobias, I kick off the effort with two standards I have used in the past:

Team Brisket For Life:

If Prammo Last For More Than Four Hours, Please Consult A Doctor:

BRSKT Discord - Now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

WareJC #8675 Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13522 battles

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 23 February 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

In honor of Tobias, I kick off the effort with two standards I have used in the past:

Team Brisket For Life:

The first is just disturbing...lol

"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

_GhostPepper #8676 Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

Spicy HESHed Potato Pies, Inc.

• Players
  • 44151 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostWareJC, on 23 February 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

The first is just disturbing...lol

But wow did I spit some afternoon coffee through my nostrils!!! :D

BushiBan #8677 Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3555 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 23 February 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Team Brisket For Life:

awwww, Pillow Tanks!

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

war55daddy #8678 Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5658 battles
  • [OHMAN]

OK, I came back to the campfire to burn off the grime from the general board.  There are a lot of angry people; I missed the whole IS-6 Fearless episode because I can only play once daily, and it was all done.  I do feel badly for those affected, and agree it sounds a bit unethical.

I need to graduate to step 2 of the SPUD program, so here goes.  Been playing blitz since I discovered it last May.  Enjoy the game, but not that great at it.  I was just under 46% WR about 2000 battles in, and decided I needed to stop sucking.  Started watching a lot of videos, stopped the YOLO maneuver, and have gotten myself just above 51%.  That is with a lot of seal clubbing though...I got the tier III Pz S35 in the winter fair, and it's a lot like a car wreck, disturbing, but I just can't stop playing it.  I only play in the evenings (three kids, so lots to do), but would like to start platooning if anyone is willing to teach me (my current clan is active, but not with platooning or training).  I'm up to Tier 7, but holding there as I'm getting crushed in Tier 8 games.   Favorite tank by far is the T-34-85, I seem to do best with mediums and heavies.

One question for the group: is it possible that you just play really badly with some tanks?  The general board seems to focus on poor driving skills as opposed to bad tanks.  But, man, there are some tanks I just can't win with.

Edited by spass5, 23 February 2017 - 10:06 PM.

ahredstealth #8679 Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postspass5, on 23 February 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

OK, I came back to the campfire to burn off the grime from the general board.  There are a lot of angry people; I missed the whole IS-6 Fearless episode because I can only play once daily, and it was all done.  I do feel badly for those affected, and agree it sound a bit unethical.

I need to graduate to step 2 of the SPUD program, so here goes.  Been playing blitz since I discovered it last May.  Enjoy the game, but not that great at it.  I was just under 46% WR about 2000 battles in, and decided I needed to stop sucking.  Started watching a lot of videos, stopped the YOLO maneuver, and have gotten myself just above 51%.  That is with a lot of seal clubbing though...I got the tier III Pz 35 in the winter fair, and it's a lot like a car wreck, disturbing, but I just can't stop playing it.  I only play in the evenings (three kids, so lots to do), but would like to start platooning if anyone is willing to teach me (my current clan is active, but not with platooning or training).  I'm up to Tier 7, but holding there as I'm getting crushed in Tier 8 games.   Favorite tank by far is the T-34-85, I seem to do best with mediums and heavies.

One question for the group: is it possible that you just play really badly with some tanks?  The general board seems to focus on poor driving skills as opposed to bad tanks.  But, man, there are some tanks I just can't win with.

I cannot drive things without a Turret.

It is not in my skill set.

The T-34-85 is a great tank.  Possibly one of the best mediums in the game.  Cannot say enough good things about it.

Psyberius #8680 Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:40 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

Hi spass5. 

Video recommendations: I started with The Mighty Jingles and Quicky Baby. But that was back in the summer of 2014 or so and there weren't many uselful Blitz YouTubers yet. Those guys cover WoT PC. Still some great info there though.  Nowadays we've got Bushka and a few other notables with Blitz specific content. Worth checking out if you haven't already. 

Tier VII and VIII: Tier VIII is home of IS-Spam and many premium tanks. What this means is you've got lots of strong Russian armor rolling around and literally anyone who downloads the game can play tier VIII after only a few tutorial battles. This is also where most players go to grind credits. So with the huge skill level spectrum and many OP tanks, it can be difficult and chaotic. On your battle count and win rate I'd recommend taking it easy, enjoy the game and work on your tanking skills.

Platooning: This will definitely help your skills if you can team up with someone decent. If you die first, follow them around and see what they do. Ask questions after battles. The only dumb questions (usually) are those that go unasked. Feel free to add me. I typically play late. But if you catch me on, don't be afraid to hit me up. (This goes for everyone really. I don't platoon much. Gotta stop being so antisocial... LOL)

Bad tanks: I feel this topic is a complex one since it's not always the tank. While there are some truly bad tanks, more often than not, it's more likely that a given tank is being played incorrectly and/or requires skills that a given player does not have. In some cases (like the Leopard PT A, a commonly hated tank) it's more a case of the game environment letting the tank down rather than vice versa. In this case, the Leo PT A really needs larger maps to do what it is designed to do. In other cases, it's a skill set issue. For me, I need to work on playing turretless TD's. 

Bottom line: I think between checking out useful YouTubers and platooning with decent players who are willing to give constructive feedback you'll find that there are less "bad tanks" as your skills increase. 

Edited by Psyberius, 24 February 2017 - 12:43 AM.

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users