Adopt a Reaper

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

scout_233 #21 Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26470 battles
  • [501RV]
I need help with my hit rate and not dying every match as well as some other things. Time frames that I am usually on are; 10:00am to 11:30am and 8:30pm to 11:00pm. (central time)

Its_shakes #22 Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27532 battles
  • [LGND]

View PostSonnetVolta, on 11 August 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Anybody out there know what to do with a Caernarvon on flat maps? I get smoked on Middleberg, Lost Temple, and RUINED on Port Bay, because all the cool kid heavies go to the areas with flat landscapes to sidescrape and brawl, but I need to be hull-down always or my ammo rack explodes.

Would love help from anyone better than I am in this tank. Almost everyone is better than I am in this tank.

Please send me a message here in forums or in game. I am usually on mid-mornings and late evenings (Pacific), so I know that's kind of a pain for players on the East Coast. I'll try to make it work, though. Thank you!

I'm no Reaper, but here's my 2 cents since I'm working on it was well. It's a beast of a tank for me. Make sure you have all the equipments, Crew skills, GLD, Rammer, AND food. I find food makes a huge difference on this tank. Without it it's just a tad too slow. With these in your arsenal, you'll be able to get out of tight spots and not get hit. For Middleburg, go with the meds on hill if there's any on your team, and let them know before the match starts. For temple, have everyone go town, and go on the top steps in the middle. The stairs are a good cover, works for most tanks. Port bay, again go with mediums. It's a pretty fast tank when it's maxed + speed boost. Oh also, while the APCR doesn't do more pen on paper, it does pen better on certain tanks, so make sure you load up on that as well. It's an expensive tank, I lose money every time playing it.

Excel_Spreadsheet #23 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19009 battles
Just wanted to stop by and say this is brilliant that you guys are doing this. Much respect. 

Psyberius #24 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:18 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

This really cool to see great players offering to share their knowledge and experience like this. Well done! o7

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Pheldagriff #25 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9131 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Don't mean to double post but...

3rd opinion on engine vs. turret on Tiger I?

The extra pen from the top gun + turret armor seems nice. But the speed is lacking...

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"

furicle #26 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:41 AM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 47770 battles
  • [SPUDX]

The best thing for a Caenarvon is alcohol - and lots of it....

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

OronSonon #27 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:50 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11373 battles
  • [KR0N0]

I have a few questions andI would greatly appreciate if they were answered. 

1. How do you guys consistently manage to pull off shots and take zero damage in return/constantly find flanking positions where you take zero damage in return?

Ex. M103 on fort despair at the usual heavy choke point I always pop out and trade one for one, unable to bounce any shots, but seeing  unicums they always bounce shots or no one shoots at them. Ex 2. Enemy team wins on mines and I have no where to go in my medium. Ex 3. On castilla and the brawl is happening on the left around the small hill close to cap. I'm in my medium and go to the side area to take flanking shots but an enemy heavy appears in front of me at the same place on their side, so I'm effectively pinned. I can't take flanking shots, can't duel with the heavy, can't flank around the map because I don't know who I might encounter and if I can beat them one on one. 

2. Where do you position yourself in mediums in the beginning of the match? Too close and I don't have an escape route and take unnecessary dmg and am crippled. Too far and I don't have shots on anyone and become a camper. And when I find a good flanking position and then an enemy tank turns around and goes for you, you have to find a different position, but in the videos of unicum just easily find a different position, but in reality, if I try to find a position, I get sniped to death or the enemy faces me and starts trading shots, so I either have to waste more time trying to find a better position or perform like a terrible heavy. Ex. On oasis palms the south east side the dunes are too big for me to hull down from a flanking position, so I have to go all the way over to get shots on them like that and it's suicide when the enemy has mediums there. 

3. How do you deal with enemy mediums? Like on desert sands, I always lose too much health to enemy mediums, cause I can't circle them and they move around too much to get a good flanking position, so it's always trading shots, and I suck at it cause in my t54 I have bad gun depression. I always hate dealing with enemy mediums. How do you avoid them? Or do you try to engage them and kill them, giving you a ton of flexibility?  

Member of [RBLN] Rebellion 

Armor and Mobility: A Guide to Tactics — Part I and Part II

How to Become Unicum: Click Here for Pure Gold

johndd1_winner #28 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14756 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostOronSonon, on 12 August 2015 - 03:50 AM, said:

1. How do you guys consistently manage to pull off shots and take zero damage in return/constantly find flanking positions where you take zero damage in return?

Ex. M103 on fort despair at the usual heavy choke point I always pop out and trade one for one, unable to bounce any shots, but seeing  unicums they always bounce shots or no one shoots at them. Ex 2. Enemy team wins on mines and I have no where to go in my medium. Ex 3. On castilla and the brawl is happening on the left around the small hill close to cap. I'm in my medium and go to the side area to take flanking shots but an enemy heavy appears in front of me at the same place on their side, so I'm effectively pinned. I can't take flanking shots, can't duel with the heavy, can't flank around the map because I don't know who I might encounter and if I can beat them one on one. 

2. Where do you position yourself in mediums in the beginning of the match? Too close and I don't have an escape route and take unnecessary dmg and am crippled. Too far and I don't have shots on anyone and become a camper. And when I find a good flanking position and then an enemy tank turns around and goes for you, you have to find a different position, but in the videos of unicum just easily find a different position, but in reality, if I try to find a position, I get sniped to death or the enemy faces me and starts trading shots, so I either have to waste more time trying to find a better position or perform like a terrible heavy. Ex. On oasis palms the south east side the dunes are too big for me to hull down from a flanking position, so I have to go all the way over to get shots on them like that and it's suicide when the enemy has mediums there. 

3. How do you deal with enemy mediums? Like on desert sands, I always lose too much health to enemy mediums, cause I can't circle them and they move around too much to get a good flanking position, so it's always trading shots, and I suck at it cause in my t54 I have bad gun depression. I always hate dealing with enemy mediums. How do you avoid them? Or do you try to engage them and kill them, giving you a ton of flexibility?  

Sending you a PM

You're just a bag of particles obeying the laws of physics

Ookla_the_Mok #29 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:06 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]
No time to adopt my own Reaper for the immediate future but the idea is fantastic.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

BootlegTampico #30 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:19 AM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22549 battles

View Postjohndd1_winner, on 11 August 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Sending you a PM

You should send this to me as well... I'm working on taking less damage as well

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

OronSonon #31 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:42 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11373 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostShawk_91, on 12 August 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

You should send this to me as well... I'm working on taking less damage as well

I received a pm, but it was about finding a time to platoon, because the topic is too hard to put in words. So if u need help with the same problem, u should probably set up a time to platoon. 

Member of [RBLN] Rebellion 

Armor and Mobility: A Guide to Tactics — Part I and Part II

How to Become Unicum: Click Here for Pure Gold

BearHawkMan #32 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7711 battles
  • [DFNT]
Sure, I'll adopt a reaper. Almost at 59% wr and looking to hit 60% by 10k battles! Also wanna get the Obj. 140 and E 100.

YouTube: Here | Old Sig: Here

Come watch me play video games LIVE at twitch.tv/bearhawkman

Droidekool #33 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26556 battles
  • [RBLN]

View Postmike82198, on 12 August 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

Grinding a horrible VK? Can't get a handle on the M46 Patton? Unsure of what one should do in a heavy on the new Oasis Palms? Just want your gameplay sharpened up? Reapers can help you!

Post in this thread with your interests and general times of in game availability and a Reaper will come platoon with you. 

Mind to support me with my jadgtiger?

Tier X: E100, Jadgpanzer E100, E50M, T110E5, T110E3, IS7, Object 268

Tier IX: E 75, E 50, M 103, IS 8, Jagdtiger, Object 704T95

Premium Tank: Tankenstein, Jadgpanther

CakeIsLie #34 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6495 battles
Having trouble with the Mini Maus, it is way too hard to play and I need a guide to help me play it, 40mm of armor everywhere at tier 2 is garbage, the gun is garbage, the speed is garbage, need help ASAP

Favorite tanks - T-54 SU-100Y - T-43 KV-2 M4A2E4 Jpanther II - E-25 Matilda Comet

"Never give up, never surrender!"

reluctanttheist #35 Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:16 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25094 battles
  • [III-H]
I'd love help with my E5... Which of you is up for it?  I'm on TS and Mumble...

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

MSixteen #36 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:16 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 17640 battles
  • [_V2_]

View PostSonnetVolta, on 11 August 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

Anybody out there know what to do with a Caernarvon on flat maps? I get smoked on Middleberg, Lost Temple, and RUINED on Port Bay, because all the cool kid heavies go to the areas with flat landscapes to sidescrape and brawl, but I need to be hull-down always or my ammo rack explodes.

Would love help from anyone better than I am in this tank. Almost everyone is better than I am in this tank.

Please send me a message here in forums or in game. I am usually on mid-mornings and late evenings (Pacific), so I know that's kind of a pain for players on the East Coast. I'll try to make it work, though. Thank you!

always go hills on middleburg and port bay. going town on those maps in any tank gives your team a strategic disadvantage. always take the high ground whenever possible.

and on lost temple the town is FULL of areas that you can go hull down on. concrete extends past the edges of most if not all of the buildings, and you can use that to go hull down with. or you can get your rear end to the obelisk and go hull down on the stairs or just use the different levels of it to go hull down with.

you don't need to platoon with anybody for somebody to tell you what you're doing wrong.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

skittlestime #37 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 49714 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostOronSonon, on 11 August 2015 - 09:50 PM, said:

1) I love the 103 and e5 both have similar issues slugging it out in confined areas.  I would toon with a medium if possible and flank with both. If solo or a heavy toon and the correct play is heading into the fort side scrape immediately as you will be quickest into the fort. When I have to brawl with an American Heavy I assume all rounds incoming are premium. I never stop moving - if scraped subtle turret wiggles to shrink the cheek and hatch aiming time. If hull down subtle rocking to close the aiming time on the apple sitting ontop of your head.  In a face hug situation use your gun to defend your hatch / cheeks. The 103/e5 are awesome tanks just be cognizant of their weak points. 

2 and 3) I always attempt to find a hull down position regardless of the map. When I count in with my mediums vs other reapers or good players I even side scrape my mediums. If your ping rate is under 50 I would run rammer/vents/Gld if your ping rate is over 50 I would run rammer/vert/Gld as the quicker you aim and hide the less you expose yourself. Similar to the answer I gave on the 103 be cognizant of the map. When I am driving to the initial engagement I am looking at the Ground way out ahead of me. I am not worried about anything other then the best angle and depression for a scrape or hull down. 54/62s have different depression so I plan for where I want to be within the map prior to getting there. 

In 9/10 especially limit the amount of time your tank exposed. Watch the mini map at all times. If your support chase a squirrel be willing to relocate. If your team all moves in another direction no matter how bad it is adjust accordingly. Being a dead martyr in a medium tank won't get you wins. Stay in the fight - meaning no matter how much damage you have received try and stay in the fight. Copper is an example my biggest 62 game I was a one hit after a min and a half dove down ran away and managed 6000 more damage. 

PS: those were complicated John was right to PM you :) I just gave it a shot for any others reading the thread after. 

Edited by ace1234, 12 August 2015 - 07:37 AM.

MSixteen #38 Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:00 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 17640 battles
  • [_V2_]

View PostOronSonon, on 11 August 2015 - 09:50 PM, said:

1.) One of the things that makes unicums, unicums is our ability to snapshot. What I do the majority of the time, is I only aim about 3/4 of the way, or just enough that there is barely a spot that the tank isn't in the aiming circle. Many times that you're in a heavy, and you're playing peek-a-boom you don't have time to fully aim, because the enemy will either be pulling back, or already aimed at you. By not "over" aiming, and by that I mean fully aiming to the point that your aiming reticule is half the size of the area you're aiming for. Once the aiming circle is completely filled, or 90%+ filled with the general area that you're aiming at, take the shot, and pull back. If you're in an American heavy tank like the M103 or E5, your aim time is less than the Russian and German heavies, so while they're still trying to aim for your weakspots, you're already taken your shot and you're pulling back.

When you say that you see unicums bounce a lot of shells when playing peek-a-boom, in my case it's partly because I don't give the enemy enough time to fully aim (by not fully aiming myself) and I carefully angle before I go around the corner.

I remember a game in my Obj. 140 where my platoon mate and I must have landed smack dab in the middle of another clan's countdown, because we recognized 3 or 4 enemy names. It was on Black Goldville, and I went to the little hull down berm to get early spots and flanking shots at the enemies attempting to go to the caves. I know that since the 140 is a shorter tank than the T-62A, and that I'd have to go out farther to be able to get my shots, I know that if somebody goes to the area that is the best counter for my position, they will have shots on me, so before I go out, I angle my hull to where it's an auto bounce zone and pull out no farther no matter what. Half a minute later, a JP2 is semi-hull down there, and bounces a 12,8 cm shell off of my hull. So i roll out and put a shot into him, pull back, and re-angle. His next shell takes out my tracks but I take another shot, and penetrate him again. Now he pulls back, while an enemy E 100 is rolling forward trying to flush me out of my position. Instead of running, and pointing my rear end towards a 15 cm HE shell, I take about 3 seconds to get the perfect angle on my hull, roll out JUUUST far enough for him to think he'd get a shot, and then I bounce his HEAT shell off of my upper plate. After putting a couple of shells into him, the E100 pulls back, and this time it's _Crusader6 in his St-1, and I do the exact same to him. I VERY carefully angle my hull before I roll out, and every shot he tries to put in to me either hits my OUTSIDE drive wheel and tracks me without damaging me, or it bounces off of my hull. Not a single tank that took a shot at me did a single point of damage, because I made sure that they never had anything more than an autobounce zone to shoot at. And that's a T10 Medium going up against a T10 heavy, a T9 heavy with a T10 heavy's gun, and a T8 TD with a 128mm gun.

2/3.) Just because a heavy is rolling towards you in a medium tank doesn't mean you have to run. It just means you have less room for error. In a medium tank, generally slightly before the middle of the map is where you want to go. On Desert Sands, the classic "medium death match" area between the 2 rocks to sidescrape around with the giant bolders in the middle on the incline is the area you stop at. But you stop BEFORE you get in there until you spot an enemy. There are areas that you can easily get hull down on, and tear apart overly aggressive enemies. On the new version of the Oasis Palms map, the southeast corner wit the massive dunes is a no-go zone if you want to stay alive for very long. either stay outside of the town and go hull down behind the shorter dunes, or go to the mosque area, and snipe in to the town/ the enemies exposing themselves too much in the shorter dunes.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

johndd1_winner #39 Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14756 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostOronSonon, on 12 August 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

I received a pm, but it was about finding a time to platoon, because the topic is too hard to put in words. So if u need help with the same problem, u should probably set up a time to platoon. 

Don't sound so disappointed. It's not like I could say "press up down up up down for auto-bounce mode" or any other secret formula. These were really great questions, but I don't think anyone can answer them adequately in a forum post although there have been some quality replies to them.

Edited by johndd1_winner, 12 August 2015 - 12:45 PM.

You're just a bag of particles obeying the laws of physics

skittlestime #40 Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 49714 battles
  • [GRIM]

View Postscout_233, on 11 August 2015 - 08:46 PM, said:

I need help with my hit rate and not dying every match as well as some other things. Time frames that I am usually on are; 10:00am to 11:30am and 8:30pm to 11:00pm. (central time)

hit rates are interesting and depending on tank type not important. We should toon so I can see and hopefully help you. I live in Texas so same time zone. Hit me up in game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users