• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

skittlestime #41 Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 49714 battles
  • [GRIM]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 12 August 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

I'd love help with my E5... Which of you is up for it?  I'm on TS and Mumble...

your welcome to join us on Ts our lobby is open and we have guest toon rooms. We find FV's, mediums and e100s play well with e5s. 

There are people on and off throughout the day in Ts. The evenings are our most active time. 

ahredstealth #42 Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postmike82198, on 11 August 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

Just want your gameplay sharpened up? Reapers can help you!

Post in this thread with your interests and general times of in game availability and a Reaper will come platoon with you. 

Thanks for the thread!  This is awesome.

Where do you go on Black Goldville with a T34?  I can't seem to get to the caves from either spawn and find a hull down spot.  I get shredded before I get half way there.  Lately, on the spawn by the rock arch I've been able to get to the rock cropping that over looks the caves, so I'll take cover there, but it's a struggle.  The other spawn by the garage I seem to make it to the large rock just before the caves...

Thanks much.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

__Crusader6__ #43 Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

ACE Chaser

• Players
  • 58386 battles
  • [-C6-]

MSixteen is a awesome teammate, and a frustrating opponent.

I realized I could only track you on that angle - and was hoping the E-100 or others would smash you while stopped.  Sadly folks wanted to run away

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

__Storm #44 Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37310 battles
  • [KZ-]
Hey Blank, can you help my fv215b?  

Jaq___ #45 Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32762 battles
  • [SRT]
So cool to offer help to the community! You guys clearly have something good going on so keep it up. If I adopt a reaper, is it OK to feed them after midnight? :confused:  (Is anyone else old enough to remember the movie "Gremlins"?)

YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

SuperUnicum by Star1 and WN8     

UberNoob in reality

Hoodootime #46 Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55219 battles
  • [WEAK]

View Poststormsquid, on 12 August 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Hey Blank, can you help my fv215b?  

I'm not Blank, but the FV215b is a gun with tracks. You will occasionally bounce, but you really have to think of it as a gun you can put different places rather than an armored vehicle with a gun. It's mobile, so you can reposition well. While it looks like it should be good at side scraping, and occasionally will, you really need to think abiut doing damage and avoiding shots a rather than bouncing shots. I know that seems vague, but an attitude adjustment on the tank will yield the most benefits. Also, you have to keep in mind that the reverse will not get you out of a jam.  If you must peek, then a sharp swerve as you back up to increase the angle off your front plate will yield a better outcome than a scrape.

Lephturn #47 Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostMSixteen, on 12 August 2015 - 02:16 AM, said:

always go hills on middleburg and port bay. going town on those maps in any tank gives your team a strategic disadvantage. always take the high ground whenever possible.

and on lost temple the town is FULL of areas that you can go hull down on. concrete extends past the edges of most if not all of the buildings, and you can use that to go hull down with. or you can get your rear end to the obelisk and go hull down on the stairs or just use the different levels of it to go hull down with.

you don't need to platoon with anybody for somebody to tell you what you're doing wrong.

Thank you, I wish more teams would listen. It's a pretty basic concept - take and hold the high ground, especially if that high ground has cover and firing lanes into the cap area.

I'd love your take on Dead Rail as well - I like the high ground there as well but it's hard to stop half of the team from rolling into death valley and getting eaten by enemy TDs.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Tark_machine #48 Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:22 PM

Private

• Players
  • 23162 battles
  • [WEAK]
Want to learn a td combat style? Sniping hard in the bush and some [edited]medium circle you wtihout getting any dmg? Tanking key spot and die doing one shot? Wish to do tons of dmg without being spotted? Come and add PRO Reaper td player! YOLO TARK RAMBO MACHINE's TD school is open for you. Tark_machine is his nickname. He is mediums nightmare. He bounes gold noob's shots.  Add him TODAY and you will get personal advices from a REAPER caln member. 

Hoodootime #49 Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55219 battles
  • [WEAK]

View PostTark_machine, on 12 August 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

Want to learn a td combat style? Sniping hard in the bush and some [edited]medium circle you wtihout getting any dmg? Tanking key spot and die doing one shot? Wish to do tons of dmg without being spotted? Come and add PRO Reaper td player! YOLO TARK RAMBO MACHINE's TD school is open for you. Tark_machine is his nickname. He is mediums nightmare. He bounes gold noob's shots.  Add him TODAY and you will get personal advices from a REAPER caln member. 

Tark's second post ever, and it's pure gold.

Edited by Hoodootime, 12 August 2015 - 02:30 PM.

johndd1_winner #50 Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14756 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostLephturn, on 12 August 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Thank you, I wish more teams would listen. It's a pretty basic concept - take and hold the high ground, especially if that high ground has cover and firing lanes into the cap area.

I'd love your take on Dead Rail as well - I like the high ground there as well but it's hard to stop half of the team from rolling into death valley and getting eaten by enemy TDs.

Personally I find the hills on dead rail to be as tactically useless as the bridge on falls creek. you can't hit much past the town so the only thing you're really doing is keeping people off the cap. Because so many players go to the middle and Into the valley, is your gun really in the fight over in the hills? Ive never thought so, personally. It's always felt, to me, that going Into the hills is just waiting for the battle to be decided in the valley/middle and then dealing with the outcome. I'd rather be helping to decide the battle than waiting for what's left to come at me personally.

With respect, Ofc 

Edited by johndd1_winner, 12 August 2015 - 02:32 PM.

You're just a bag of particles obeying the laws of physics

Lephturn #51 Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postjohndd1_winner, on 12 August 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

Personally I find the hills on dead rail to be as tactically useless as the bridge on falls creek. you can't hit much past the town so the only thing you're really doing is keeping people off the cap. Because so many players go to the middle and Into the valley, is your gun really in the fight over in the hills? Ive never thought so, personally. It's always felt, to me, that going Into the hills is just waiting for the battle to be decided in the valley/middle and then dealing with the outcome. I'd rather be helping to decide the battle than waiting for what's left to come at me personally.

With respect, Ofc 

Yeah, but why go to the valley or the town side of the valley at all? Those areas have no value - like the bridge on Falls Creek.  The only reason to go valley or the middle is because everyone else does - but why? On the rare occasion that I have managed to get my team to avoid the valley and the middle of the map, and play the hill and rails, we do well. So many times I see half of my team roll up the valley straight into the teeth of a T95 or similar big TD and get wrecked... to no purpose.

Middleburg used to be like this too - everybody used to go fight in the back of town. Now most of the time I can convince most or all of the team to sweep the hill first and hold it for the win. The back of town is where everyone "used to go to fight" but it's worthless, so the best players take the hill first.

When the team does take the hill the job is then to convince the team to actually stay there and not go running off into the middle of the map.  Run a medium into cap to run the timer and you'll have targets to shoot pretty quickly.

Maybe I'm missing something or I'm insane, but I'd love the perspective of unicums who have shaped the high ground tactics that work on other maps.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

johndd1_winner #52 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14756 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostLephturn, on 12 August 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

Yeah, but why go to the valley or the town side of the valley at all? Those areas have no value - like the bridge on Falls Creek.  The only reason to go valley or the middle is because everyone else does - but why? On the rare occasion that I have managed to get my team to avoid the valley and the middle of the map, and play the hill and rails, we do well. So many times I see half of my team roll up the valley straight into the teeth of a T95 or similar big TD and get wrecked... to no purpose.

Middleburg used to be like this too - everybody used to go fight in the back of town. Now most of the time I can convince most or all of the team to sweep the hill first and hold it for the win. The back of town is where everyone "used to go to fight" but it's worthless, so the best players take the hill first.

When the team does take the hill the job is then to convince the team to actually stay there and not go running off into the middle of the map.  Run a medium into cap to run the timer and you'll have targets to shoot pretty quickly.

Maybe I'm missing something or I'm insane, but I'd love the perspective of unicums who have shaped the high ground tactics that work on other maps.

No you're absolutely right. The right players in the right tanks can make the hill strat on dead rail work well. But in the current meta on that map, where most players are going to the valley area. Taking the hills is tactically meaningless.  Because, as I said, your gun doesn't get in the game much until the valley fight has been decided. So, why go there? There are plenty of places in the town/mid where you can control both the cap area and assist the valley fight where you're gun will be melting from the number of shots you take. So, take the hills=influence the cap area. Take the mid=Influence cap AND the valley fight (where 75% of players will be anyway).

Edit: unless you're going into the hills for the purpose of doing a deep flank to nail enemy TDs in their spawn bushes etc. then the hills are tactically useful IMO  

Edited by johndd1_winner, 12 August 2015 - 03:25 PM.

You're just a bag of particles obeying the laws of physics

__Storm #53 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37310 battles
  • [KZ-]

View PostHoodootime, on 12 August 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

I'm not Blank, but the FV215b is a gun with tracks. You will occasionally bounce, but you really have to think of it as a gun you can put different places rather than an armored vehicle with a gun. It's mobile, so you can reposition well. While it looks like it should be good at side scraping, and occasionally will, you really need to think abiut doing damage and avoiding shots a rather than bouncing shots. I know that seems vague, but an attitude adjustment on the tank will yield the most benefits. Also, you have to keep in mind that the reverse will not get you out of a jam.  If you must peek, then a sharp swerve as you back up to increase the angle off your front plate will yield a better outcome than a scrape.

Hoodootime, thanks a lot in great advice!  I will try my fv again with your advice.  :)

Tgb_matt #54 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 57052 battles
  • [ADEPT]
I will gladly adopt a Reaper.   Thank you in advance. I play off and on throughout the day as chance permits.   As well as most evenings into the night. If any of you see me on,  please send an invite, I'm usually solo.
When I get a chance I will go through this post again to add you into my game.
Tanks of particular interest, FV4202,46 Patton, T34 and the mighty Jageru which I have unlocked and have credits for but don't want to be disappointed with having purchased.

OronSonon #55 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11212 battles

Thanks ace1234 and MSixteen, I will keep those tips in mind next time I play. 

So generally go to middle of the map and find a good hull down position. But what happens if your caught in a cross fire or people are constantly aiming at you and you don't have a safe path to retreat? Like on black goldville, what if a tank charged at you from the opposite location and the people up at caves were shooting down at you? You have to cross an open area to get back to safety? 

View Postjohndd1_winner, on 12 August 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Don't sound so disappointed. It's not like I could say "press up down up up down for auto-bounce mode" or any other secret formula. These were really great questions, but I don't think anyone can answer them adequately in a forum post although there have been some quality replies to them.

Sorry if I sounded angry or pissed, when I posted, I thought that it sounded a little rude, but I didn't know how else to write it out so I just posted it. It wasn't meant to be complaint at all, I was just trying to inform him. Sorry about the misunderstanding and thanks for the tips u sent me!

Edited by OronSonon, 12 August 2015 - 05:45 PM.

Member of [RBLN] Rebellion 

Armor and Mobility: A Guide to Tactics — Part I and Part II

How to Become Unicum: Click Here for Pure Gold

_Squib #56 Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3332 battles
I'm having trouble getting my win rate back over 68%. 

mike82198 #57 Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39115 battles
  • [CRATE]

View PostThe_Litigator, on 12 August 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

I'm having trouble getting my win rate back over 68%. 

It's a familiar problem. Contact me in game and we can work on that.

Edited by mike82198, 12 August 2015 - 08:37 PM.

_Bulldogge #58 Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19909 battles
  • [_V_]

I need help with my T110E5 I still feel like I don't have a good handle on it. 

I can be on at any time anyone Reaper is free.

Heavy as a hurricane louder than a freight train

Ay yo B

Discord: _Bulldogge #9081

A7X0 #59 Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

E4k

• Players
  • 25203 battles
  • [PRAMO]

I go hills/tracks on Dead Rail 99% of the time. Why? Because getting sniped sucks. Dead Rail is full of campers almost every game, if the enemy has more than two TDs, valley is death. Sometimes I will spot mid if I'm in a medium, but the majority of the time, hills is the way to go. Even if most of their enemy team goes valley, you'll often find isolated tanks to kill in the hills which will put you at an advantage as soon as you finish them off. It's not as tactically useless as the Falls Creek bridge because it won't turn into a duck hunt if someone gets on cap, and you won't get sniped unless you venture out too far. The only problem with going hills is sometimes my team will YOLO off one by one into the valley and get themselves killed by the valley campers even after we are at an advantage from killing everyone around the train tracks. It happened far too much on the old Oasis Palms, and on Middleburg when the team goes hill.

underlined = click!

E 100, IS-7, T-62A, Jg. Pz. E 100, T110E3, T110E5[Guide], Object 268FV215b, E 50 M[Guide], IS-4FV4202, Object 140[Guide]M48 Patton, T110E4, STB-1

4014 average damage in Obj. 140, 4055 average damage in T110E4

SonnetVolta #60 Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14628 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postmike82198, on 12 August 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

It's a familiar problem. Contact me in game and we can work on that.

mikw82198, your response was a stylish return serve.

better sig

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users